Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
15205 N Kierland Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 4805053668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kouri Killmeier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We host parties from 20 people to 200 people on premises. The perfect setting for Birthdays, Rehearsal Dinners and Business Mixers.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time, Tommy's version of Happy Hour with reduced prices on drinks and appetizers. EVERYDAY 3-6pm
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (55)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (36)great for lunch (36)scenic view (30)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (22)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (14)notable wine list (11)Show More
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014GREAT PLACE TO BRING FRIENDS AND FAMILY. A THOUGHTFUL GIFT CARD INTRODUCED ME TO THIS PLACE, AND I HAVE BEEN BACK NUMEROUS TIMES TO ENJOY THE WONDERFUL FOOD, ATMOSPHERE, AND GOOD SERVICE. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the second story viewsOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 4/6/2014As there are not too many two or three story buildings in Scottsdale, the open porch like feeling looking out on some palm trees and sunset was very nice. I absolutely loved my scallop sliders and my husband said the burger was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Consistently greatFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/6/2014I dine at Tommy Bahama's at least once a month. They are consistently excellent. Service always as great as the food. Clearly they are doing something right. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodTerry9116Dined on 4/3/2014Our first time at the Tommy Bahamas in Scottsdale but were not disappointed. Excellent happy hour menu with fish tacos a favorite. Dinner service was outstanding. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visits...VikingGirlVIPDined on 3/31/2014We returned due to terrific ambiance and overall resort-like feel. Previous visits were marked by truly outstanding service matched by the food. This time both were only adequate: Server seemed to disappear leaving our table full of plates throughout the meal. The coconut shrimp remains remarkable, but not so the fish tacos, soup, etc. I called the restaurant to request a table upstairs near the open-wall area, and checked again prior to arriving. When we were seated, there was a table right where we wanted to sit but we were told a "very special party" had requested it. Several other guests also inquired about it, and it was never occupied throughout our 90-min meal. Very disappointing overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in ScottsdaleDaveDined on 3/30/2014We were vacationing in Scottsdale and this restaurant was recommended by the Westin. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here, we were seated upstairs in a porch like setting (that is over the store.) Our server was wonderful, he made some great recommendations. The food was very good, and we enjoyed the complimentary shrimp cerviche. We enjoyed the dinner so much we came back later in the week and had another good experience seated in the outdoor bar area.Special Features:
- Great foodOuttoeatDined on 3/29/2014Ordered lots of different food in our party of nine. Everyone was pleased with their choices,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT (with one small complaint)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014My friend and I are 75 and 73 years old. I wish all restaurants would listen to this complaint. We KNOW we are not "girls" anymore. I know it's meant to be friendly, just like when a service person calls my husband "young man". It makes us feel patronized and it is condescending. We know it isn't meant to be, but it is. And one small complaint about "Rate your dining experience - Noise Level" How about adding one that says "Too Noisy-I won't be back" What? Nothing between "Energetic" and "Do Not Recall"? All other three categories have a "Poor" rating which probably wouldn't apply in the Noise Level category. Thanks for listening!!!!! Old people get cranky sometimes!Special Features:
- Not recommendedLavelyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Food was good but not great (actually, plantains were great!), their "specialty" coconut shrimp was very average. Service was terribly slow. I think our waitress had too many tables. Will not be going back. Funny side note - they called me one day after I dined there. Asked how was my experience? I told them it was OK and the service was very slow. They ignored the comment and asked if I would like to make another reservation. Very strange. They took the time to call, yet didn't offer any "sorry about that" or free appetizer or something - completely lost any benefit from making the call.
- Another great lunch!DenWPVIPDined on 3/26/2014We had a very nice lunch in an idyllic environment that reminded us of Hawaii. The service was very good, too.Special Features:
- Will be back!Coach4TravelDined on 3/25/20143 of us went here for dinner on a recommendation and the restaurant was a big surprise! Everyone working here was Great and went out of their way to make our experience wonderful. I had a filet and it was cooked to perfection, my wife had the swordfish and said it was the best she ever had. If you have not been here give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD ! GREAT AMBIENCE.HUNTERDined on 3/25/2014A GREAT FEELING OF BEING IN THE TROPIC WITH THEIR PATIO DINING. MUSIC IS GREAT AND OVERALL THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS FOOD/ EXCELLENT SERVICEdecksitterVIPDined on 3/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Tommy Bahama's in Kierland Commons. Brenda, our server, was very helpful in suggesting meal options and a delicious Arizona wine. The coconut shrimp as an appetizer was awesome! Brena was attentive throughout our meal of coffee rubbed rib-eye steak which my husband said was delicious and I found my blackened fish tacos tasty yet light enough that I didn't feel stuffed. We will definitely return on our next trip to Arizona in 2015.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryCOdinerDined on 3/22/2014Food and service was very good. Very loud and not in a good way.
- Good central location. BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Good central location. Best seating is second floor by the railing. Seafood very good; shrimp tacos and the Thai shrimp & scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere!DenWPVIPDined on 3/21/2014I always want to dine here if it is convenient when I am visiting a city with a TB restaurant. The atmosphere is so fun & I feel like I am in Hawaii, at least for an hour. The small plates & wine were all good, as was the side of grilled asparagus, but our waitress was testy and clearly too busy. I felt sorry for her, but it still took away from our dining experience.Special Features:
- Jewel in the DesertMDA1Dined on 3/21/2014Always a good experience at this Tommy's. Relaxed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- island retreatkat5Dined on 3/18/2014I try something new each time I come here and everything had been outstanding! Delightful open air upstairs with beautiful sunset views. Impeccable service. We love our local "island retreat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejoshDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I were on our honeymoon. I just have to say the customer service was outstanding. The food was too die for and the desert was heaven. The pina colada cake was the highlight of the night. Emily our server was amazing and was such a delight for our evening. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy needs noise reductionDennisSVIPDined on 3/13/2014Despite the good food and service, the noise level upstairs was too much to take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island in the sunlarryDined on 3/13/2014The cheerful staff,decor, music and surroundings accentuated by the setting sun bring on a Caribbean feel to the the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- Great choiceSmileDalDrDined on 3/12/2014Our first time at TB's , enjoyed every part of dinner . Only had a few days in Az ( we are from Chicago) - glad we chose this place . The pineapple creme brûlée is to die for - I would make a trip back Just to have this desert again ! It was our waitress's second day on the job . She made a couple mistakes , but corrected them immediately . She was very attentive and her enthusiasm more then made up for her lack of experience. ! I chose the pork tenderloin , my date had the ribs . We actually contemplated licking our plates - So delicious ! Still thinking about desert - if only I could have it shipped to Chicago :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingartkVIPDined on 3/10/2014I had the pasta special. Pappardelle with lobster and a poached egg on top. The lobster was chewy and the poached egg was hard boiled. The server did a good job.
- Great place!floatingdocDined on 3/9/2014Shrimp tacos and crab bisque are fantastic! Solid restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed Patio Seating - Nice WeatherLive4FoodVIPDined on 3/9/2014Be prepared to wait...at noon they are slammed. We reserved a table for 4 for noon using OpenTable and I asked in the notes for a patio table. When we got there, they placed was packed and we were told it would be 25 min even though she saw my note. Apparently using OpenTable for outdoor seating meant nothing. We actually waited 1 hr for our table, they got drinks out of us in the bar and my other friends were none too happy. I went down to check on status at least 4 times. The last time I went down all the tables were empty and they were slowly working to clear them. Not very happy with this experience but at least the food was good. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CarolEPVIPDined on 3/6/2014Even though they had a huge event going with Willie Mays (back in March), our table in our part of the restaurant didn't miss a beat. I love the unique menu options with a tropical twist (just like the decor of course), while some friends still like the steak (Expresso dusted, I believe). Servers always well-trained and attentive. Desserts are worth staying for too! We stop by whenever we're in town. I always enjoy a bit of shopping in their downstairs store on the way in or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wanted dinnerTouristaDined on 3/5/2014We were hungry from a long day of golf so the waitress's "overview" of the menu was a bit much; we could read it (especially since all the things she pointed out contained shellfish and I am very allergic to shellfish). She said she would get us some bread but it did not show up until the appetizer course. My husband enjoyed his chicken dish much more than I enjoyed the salmon. I thought the fish portion was very small and there was an overwhelming amount of broccoli rabe on both dishes. There was something crunchy in my couscous, perhaps the bacon?, that made for an odd texture. I asked for a quiet table and they did give us a booth--- unfortunately, it probably had most of the traffic to the whole second floor going by.
- Relaxing TimeAndiVIPDined on 2/28/2014I love the setting of this restaurant. The space is outside/inside and we were on the second floor which is optimum. They serve the best coconut shrimp of any place we've been. The desserts are wonderful as well. We always look forward to dining here when we come to Arizona.Special Features:
- Fun Times!ParkersDined on 2/25/2014We love Tommy Bahamas and look forward to both eating and shopping there. This visit neither my husband or myself weren't very hungry so he had the scallop sliders from the appetizer list which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Bungalow Salad which was delicious. Our server was awesome and took great care of us. We were both a little tired after our busy day so the noise was a little bothersome but we still enjoyed our visit. Following our meal, a walk through Kierland Commons was the perfect ending to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJulitaDined on 2/24/2014Good ambience, comfortable seating, great service, good food. The artichoke is superb, the fish taco excellent. the shrimp and scallop dish is a bit on the salty side. you might ask chef to go light on the salt. Overall, well worth the drive there. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!!MACSRDined on 2/22/2014We have dined at this restaurant on several occasions and it is always a pleasurable experience. The menus, while limited, is excellent and our entire party enjoyed the cuisine. The atmosphere and ambiance is outstanding with open views of the sunset from the second floor dining room. The service is usually outstanding, but was a little slow on this occasion due to several parties arriving at the same time being served by the same server. All in all, we had a great time and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014GENE AND JOEY SERVED US WITH GRACE, HUMOR, ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND KINDNESS. THERE WERE TWO BIRTHDAYS AND WE RECIEVED THIS FABULOUS DESSERT. TRAGEDY STRUCK THE FAMILY AS SOON AS WE LEFT, AND HAVING THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IN THIS RESTAURANT PRIOR TO THAT MOMENT MEANT EVERYTHING TO US. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ozzie's takeOzzieDined on 2/16/2014Good food, service always excellent. Someone does a very good job of training. Don't pass up desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caribbean in the DesertMrKBDined on 2/15/2014TB's restaurant was great -- the decor was outstanding; the food and service were terrific. If anything there was more food than we needed as the portions were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCtrlZDined on 2/14/2014Made for a great Valentines Day outing. The food was great and so was the service, even though it was completely packed.Special Features:
- Had an early seating for ValentinesTerrusDined on 2/14/2014Had an early seating for Valentines dinner because we were late to make reservations. Did not feel rushed for their next seating, good attentive service. We were seated in a booth near outdoor, it was good choice as it was cooler and quieter. The Ahi tuna appetizer was delicious, the crab cakes were also good and I especially liked the shrimp and scallop Thai entrée. It is located in Kierland so you can stroll up and down the street before and after dinner. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Service is great and so is the food. If you can pay the price then this is a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondertul eveningCindyDined on 2/13/2014All positives as usual at our favorite Tommy Bahama restaurant. Great food, service, & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner with hubby & nieceDonnaDDined on 2/12/2014We went to TB's on Weds before Valentines day. Since it was my first time dining there, they gave us a sample of their crab cakes with Asian slaw - yum!! My husband had the steak salad - excellent! I had the crab cake with Asian slaw - so good, sweet and spicy, oh baby! MY niece and I both had the bungalow salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette which was very good. I tried TB's Key Lime Martini with crushed graham crackers around the rim of the glass - mmmmmmmmmmm. Plus we had an upstairs table facing west - just in time for the most awesome sunset! Service was very good, attentive without being annoying. It was quiet when we arrived as they were not many diners in the restaurant. As tables filled, the noise level went up but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKarenVIPDined on 2/9/2014The restaurant has impeccable service and it's an elegant beautiful upstairs. Downstairs is casual with live music and a lot of fun. The dinner started with the artichoke grilled as an appetizer and it was the best we've ever had. Our dinners were also excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to all my friends. Price ranges are good as well sandwiches as well as sophisticated entrees something for everyone. In addition, The restaurant called the next day to find out how we enjoyed our dinner. A very nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.