Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
15205 N Kierland Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 4805053668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kouri Killmeier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We host parties from 20 people to 200 people on premises. The perfect setting for Birthdays, Rehearsal Dinners and Business Mixers.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time, Tommy's version of Happy Hour with reduced prices on drinks and appetizers. EVERYDAY 3-6pm
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (54)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (36)great for lunch (36)scenic view (30)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)notable wine list (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014The food was delicious and the service very attentive. A little bit pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Renovation Needed.TotalExperienceChickDined on 6/6/2014This location has been there at least 10 plus years and is desperately in need of a remodel. The place is showing a lot of use and it seems tired overall - menu presentation, drinks, even the employees attire - dated. Time to refresh and renew for everyone's sake. I'll keep an eye out to see if they revamp and definitely will revisit. AZ welcomes a little island vibe on any given summer's eve.Special Features:
- Good place for relaxing -OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2014We found this location on open table which just happened to be in a shopping area across the street from our hotel. Service was very good after we waited entirely too long for our cocktail order. To their credit when they realized they had failed to deliver our drinks the manager accompanied the server to the table, apologized for the wait and comped the round. After the initial problem the service was excellent. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive and we all enjoyed our meal. Good food, good service and a comfortable surrounding. I would recommend Tommy Bahama's to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceDJN1VIPDined on 5/30/2014Ambience and food were great and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PARADISE CLOSE TO HOMExnycopVIPDined on 5/30/2014Whenever we visit Tommy Bahama's, we feel like we are back in Hawaii or the Caribbean. The atmosphere is great, steel band music in the background, friendly hostesses and servers and a very creative menu. Always a pleasure. Never a problem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2014We had an excellent dinner. The food and service was outstanding. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findazanneVIPDined on 5/24/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant. We were not disappointed. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Since it was restaurant week we ordered from the special menu. The fish was fresh and well prepared. Two of our dinner partners ordered stuffed chicken and it was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ambiancepopculturesavanteDined on 5/23/2014The Tommy Bahama restaurant never disappoints - the food is outstanding, as is the service. No trip to Scottsdale is complete without a trip to the Tommy Bahama restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Food during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014We sat in their outdoor patio for our dinner. It was very busy and they had an one man band. The selected our menu from the Restaurant Week specials. They were excellent. The appetizer salad was very good and so was the pina colada cake, but the encrusted snapper was excellent. My wife and I loved it. The service was a little slow, but they were very busy. It gave us time to enjoy our meal and have a very leisurely night. It was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 719 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Food was GREATKimo017Dined on 5/22/2014We came to this restaurant during the AZ Restaurant Week and tried their specials for $30/person. My wife ordered Pinot Noir at $15; I started with the Bungalow salad and my wife had the Crab Bisque which consisted of Lump Blue Crab. The salad looked a little small, but it was plenty even when I didn't have lunch that day. My wife enjoyed her soup 'cause she loves crab. Our entrees were: Jerk Pork Tenderloin and I had the Macadamia Nut Encrusted Snapper. They were both DELICIOUS. Just the right amount of spices and cooked perfectly. We will be back for their Happy Hour which is every day and a dinner later on during the year. Our server was exceptional, polite, knowledgeable and made sure we had our water glasses filled.Special Features:
- Tommy's is greatsandDined on 5/18/2014Took some friends here for restaurant week, and everything was perfect. Excellent, attentive service, very friendly. The food was, as expected, so yummy. The macademia-crusted snapper is one of the best dishes anywhere. The room did seem unusually noisy, not sure why. But we had a great time and everyone will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local island feelJabushDined on 5/17/2014Great food, large portions, delicious desserts. Went during restaurant week. Great deal for $30. Only con is the noise level. Couldn't hear our dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch placelxvetteVIPDined on 5/12/2014always enjoy for lunch, outstanding atmosphere, good food & serviceSpecial Features:
- Always GoodTravelinMan26VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food is always well prepared and very good. A little more expensive than say Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs but you are paying for the atmosphere also. Go here and you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Great food and service!HarmonWWDined on 5/11/2014Every dish I've tried here is wonderfully prepared, and very tasty! The service is always very friendly, timely, and never intrusive. Atmosphere is vibrant, but open enough to have a pleasant conversation. Great spot for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedCoachJDined on 5/11/2014Took my family here for Mother's Day brunch and we really enjoyed it. My daughter ordered the kids steak which was a huge portion but she's already asking if she can go back again because she's craving it. The food was fantastic...I'm the pickiest seafood eater in Phoenix having grown up in Maine with a dad who was a fisherman, but I really enjoyed my food and my wife was ecstatic with the bisque and coconut shrimp. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because it felt like our server disappeared quite a bit and we went long periods waiting to catch a glimpse. It was Mother's Day and I understand, but when he took my card with the check I sat 20 minutes waiting while my wife wandered off and shopped unsupervised! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers DayJaneyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful time with excellent food at Tommy Bahamas on Mothers Day. Our server was so attentive to the different needs we had (two year old, 92 year old) that he helped us get the little ones started and yet kept everything moving so it was relaxing and just the right pace. The food is always excellent and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchCornyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day was very special and the atmosphere, food and drink was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch bunchBrunchbunchDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day! It was great good and our waiter David made the dining experience even better ! Everyone loved the good and the good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers Day Brunch!RKDZNSDined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mothers Day Brunch for my wife, mother in law and 3 of our 4 adult children. 5 out of 6 of us ordered a steak. For the most part, they were great. The Lobster-Mash was fantastic! a couple of the steaks were a little under-done (more rare than medium rare as ordered). Brunch was VERY busy and the slightly under-cooked steak was not that big of a deal to make a fuss over. Our server Derek was one of the best servers we have had in quite a while - GREAT personality!!! We have been here many times, and will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchPhxmom2Dined on 5/11/2014I thought this would be a great place to take my family when I received the email for Mother's Day brunch. We arrived a little early and had to wait which was fine. When we sat down it took well over 10 min before we saw a server and once I looked over the menu I noticed there wasn't a kids brunch menu which surprised me because they have such a nice lunch and dinner one for the kids. My kids were disappointed and had to order lunch at 10am. The service was very slow even though the restaurant was far from full and when we did ask for something extra the server continued to forget. We will return for lunch or dinner but never again for brunch.Special Features:
- Not quite up to standardsMegaDaveDined on 5/9/2014We have visited many Tommy Bahamas restaurants and unfortunately this one fell a bit short. No bread was offered or provided and the special drinks were not as good as other locations. For example, the Key-Lime Martini was supposed to be rimmed with a graham cracker crust. Instead it had a couple of crumbs on the side of the glass. For the main course, I had the Ahi Tuna, my favorite dish as Tommy Bahamas. At this location, it was cold and quite bland. My wife had the Snapper and found it rather bland as well. Her drink, the coconut martini, was also shorted on coconut garnish. In comparison to the Tommy Bahamas in Maui, New York or Houston, this location simply did not achieve the same level of quality. Still good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset ViewLuv2sampleDined on 5/9/2014We took first time guests to dinner and we were not disappointed. The hostess sat us by the end of the dining room with an open view of the area and sunset. The wait staff is excellent, attentive and not intrusive. We taste tested half a dozen appetizers and had a bottle of wine. It was all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014The seafood is so fresh and delicious. You can't go wrong with their coconut shrimp, raw ahi or fresh fish of the day over a simple salad! Yum!!!!Special Features:
- Great Place for Lunch and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The food and service was great for lunch. We got there early (Noon) and we were able to get a booth. We (3 of us) were celebrating 25 years of friendship and getting together in Phoenix. Our waiter allowed us ample time to have our drinks and appetizer and visit. We then had lunch and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant is great...food and atmosphere are delightfulSpecial Features:
- Super ServiceJennyDined on 4/23/2014We have enjoyed Tommy Bahamas many times over the years . . .even the one on Kona Hawaii . . . and I have some menu favorites! But we were there for dinner and I wanted the Aruba Arugula salad with scallops which is usually on the lunch menu. Mentioned this when I made reservations. Our waitress asked me if that is what I still wanted(kitchen had been alerted). Now THAT IS CATERING TO THE GUESTS! It was worth the 2 hour drive down from Prescott.Special Features:
- Great menu, ambience and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014The food is great, and the menu extensive. We sat on front patio, which was perfect and not as noisy as inside upstairs. All five of us ordered something different and loved it. Great salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Atmosphere and DeliciousScrumptiousDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful experience, friendly and smiling server, Sean, helpful to answer questions and took great care of our table. His pleasant and happy demeanor shined through that he enjoys serving and a social person, who likes to engage with his clients, made us feel welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixedJoeTDined on 4/20/2014my compliments to the manager for striving to make our situation better, though I would not allow it. I take customer service seriously anywhere we go for we worked hard for our dollars and do not give it lightly. the first person one meets is always the face of a company and they need to understand this. when a request is made and denied then five minutes later the same is given to another who just walked in has a way of leaving a very bad feeling in ones gut regardless of the excuse one comes up with, regardless. time heals all wounds though for all. again, my compliments to the manager for striving to make the situation correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastergatheringDined on 4/20/2014Table was ready early, waiter was friendly, attentive. Food was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice & RelaxingOnlyYumanDined on 4/19/2014Our Pre-Easter lunch at the Tommy Bahama's in Scottsdale was terrific. There was some confusion at the bottom courtyard as to if we had a reservation but once that confusion was resolved, we were seated in a nice area with ample room for our large party. The food was very good and the service was exceptional. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good Food, Great Service!emilypDined on 4/18/2014Our party of three enjoyed lunch recently at Tommy Bahamas, (Kierland location). We sat upstairs, and were waited on by "Dave". His menu recomendations and attentions to our every need were superb. The presentation of our food was beautiful, and dessert was devine!!! It was quite busy at lunchtime (12:30 - 1:30), so I recommend using a reservation format to make sure you don't have to wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeCherDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant never let's me down. Ahi Kale Salad amazing. Tried fried yucca fries. Wow! I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a business lunchTommyFanDined on 4/18/2014We asked for a quiet table for a business lunch and they aced it. The food is very good and the service outstanding. Because the size of the place is large they can accommodate both the tourists on the patio and upper level over looking the hotel and quiet areas in the back. This is my go-to place when I'm in north SD.Special Features:
- A Great Bahama Lunch!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 4/14/2014My guests and I had a delicious lunch. I enjoyed the Caesar salad w/blackened salmon; my husband had the BBQ pork sandwich, and the other two guests had the burger special with crumbled blue cheese and bacon….yum yum! All in all, the lunch was great!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014A favorite restaurant where the food is great. However for the 2nd time in a row on a weekend, very slow service and no apology this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed as always the greatJoeTDined on 4/11/2014We enjoyed as always the great ambiance that only Tommys seems to pull off. Our meals were unique and tasty and the desserts to die for. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff was very accommodating. We will be back!!Special Features:
- The only thing that made thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014The only thing that made this experience less than gratifying was what happend with the wine selection. The other gentleman at the table order a $49 bottle of Cohn Silver Label Cabernet. When the waiter came with the wine he came to me rather than the other guy to taste the wine. He showed me the wine before opening to get my approval. I did not look closely at the label and approved the wine. Well the waiter had brought out a $119 bottle of Silver Oak cabernet. We ordered a second bottle. Well when we got the bill we were surprised to say the least. We asked to talk to the manager. He said you approved the wine. He said that is why we show you the bottle. We had to admit that we had seen the bottle and had approved but were disappoineted.Special Features:
- We had a great meal. The foodDaveDined on 4/9/2014We had a great meal. The food was very good and the service matched. We will come back the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.