Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
15205 N Kierland Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (480) 505-3668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kouri Killmeier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We host parties from 20 people to 200 people on premises. The perfect setting for Birthdays, Rehearsal Dinners and Business Mixers.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time, Tommy's version of Happy Hour with reduced prices on drinks and appetizers. EVERYDAY 3-6pm
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (73)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (37)great for lunch (36)romantic (30)hot spot (25)scenic view (21)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (11)late-night find (11)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Food BlingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Just in town for a conference, this place was walkable from the Westin. If you are looking for understated, quiet elegant food, service, and decor, this is not your place. If you like food that is hyped with all sorts of crusts, toppings, and over-the-top edible bling, this is your place. The taste of my filet mignon was lost with the blue cheese topping. My daughter liked her Caesar salad, and the crusted goat cheese was okay. The bread was passable.
- MargaretMaksVIPDined on 11/22/2014Was very disappointed with our dinner experience here. We have dined at many Tommy Bahamas and this place was so loud you could not have a conversation. We waited 45 min between salad and entree. When we got our food it was good but certainly not worth the wait. We were offered a complimentary dessert from manager but we were ready to leave. I think it would be a better lunch place if you want to enjoy your meal. We will skip this place for dinner.Special Features:
- Very good food, poor servicesctsnycVIPDined on 11/21/2014We have dined here several times, and always enjoyed it. While our food was very good this time, the service was poor. Not to the normal Tommy Bahama standards.
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014I go to Tommy Bahama's frequently but the other night it was so noisy in the dining room that I could barely hear my guests. Guess I will stick to lunches and not try to have a conversational dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolHDined on 11/16/2014The food was all fabulous! Loved the mahi mahi and chicken tortilla soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clumsy at the start but...BarrydinnDined on 11/15/2014Partially because of the physical plant and partially because of poor management there is a lousy job done in the handling of guests awaiting tables. People are left to mill around in a limited area with traffic difficulties rapidly becoming apparent. There is no quiet corner in the bar for a drink while awaiting a table. It all served to make the guests feel like cattle awaiting access to a fresh field. That aside the food and table service were both positive experiences. The only quibble on the food was the odd choice of elbow pasta for the shrimp pasta dish. A finer choice of pasta would be preferable. All in all a positive experience and I would enjoy a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night @ Tommy BahamaDJN1VIPDined on 11/15/2014Live music was nice and ambiance great. Service was awesome and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantAnnSalemDined on 11/14/2014Tommy Bahama never fails to go the extra mile when serving customers. We loved the atmosphere, the food, and the service of our evening at Tommy Bahamas. Our server, Manny, seemed to anticipate our every need even before we could express them. He noticed I looked cold and shut an adjacent door quickly. He timed the meal perfectly allowing us time to enjoy our meal but never wonder when he would appear. He made great food suggestions based upon our likes. They treated us like we were the most important customers in the restaurant. You can be sure they made everyone of their patrons think the same thing! The food is always prepared in a unique way with the correct proportions, attention to healthy preparations, and a little different form what you will see in other restaurants. Don't hesitate to choose this restaurant when using Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being on the islands...my3kinderVIPDined on 11/12/2014love the drinks, great happy hour and always friendly bartenders. we tend to gravitate towards happy hour more often than full dinner, and rarely are we disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday luncheonDeedsanddanDined on 11/10/2014We all enjoyed the food and ambience. Jared took very good care of our group. No rushing us out, very helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch: Not ReallyRoadTravelerDined on 11/9/2014TB advertises "brunch". This means three items, no substitutions. They're really using their lunch menu. The food was fine and the service was great, but if you're looking for brunch with friends on Sunday morning this isn't the place. "Limited menu" would be the appropriate wording...
- Not as good as it used to be...boldtmanDined on 11/8/2014Tommy Bahama used to be on our list of places where we dined every time we went to Phoenix, but the last 2 times we've been there it hasn't lived up to expectations. It seems they've changed the menu and tried to make it less about fine dining and more of a sandwich place and the results haven't been great. The last couple times the service and the meal have been disappointing. I'm assuming my dinner was done well in advance of my wife's because the steak was luke warm and the potato and vegetable were nearly cold by the time they hit the table. The dessert menu is off the charts though. The chocolate cake was incredible and made us forget about the entree.Special Features:
- Love itJulieVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food is amazing. Try the macadamia crusted snapper it is the best. The coconut shrimp was also amazing. Love it!Special Features:
- Food Lacks FlavorDogulaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful place, great atmosphere and friendly efficient service, but the food falls way short. Looking at the menu ingredients, you would think that everything would be bursting with flavor, but just the opposite. The "world famous" coconut shrimp were dry and the cole slaw was soggy and overpowered with onion. My wife had the macadamia encrusted snapper and it was heavily battered. I had the chili-rubbed cod special with apple risotto and goat cheese. This was so bland that it was almost tasteless. The risotto tasted like dry white rice, and not a hint of apple or goat cheese. I couldn't even see a hint of the chili rub either. For a restaurant with a Caribbean flare menu, this was just disappointing flavorless food, we won't return.
- Nice evening with great foodSRG53VIPDined on 11/7/2014We have frequented Tommy Bahama restaurants in the past and had a great night in Scottsdale with no surprises. Really excellent food and great service. Fair pricing. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama RocksStuInScottsdaleDined on 11/6/2014Great food, terrific service! The call the next day to see how our experience was is a very nice touch.Special Features:
- A Great Spot around 4PMSpokane1Dined on 11/3/2014If you're in the Kierland shopping complex know that the Tommy Bahama store has a restaurant and bar that provides the perfect oasis, and particularly for the afternoon happy hour. If Mai Tai's (served with an orchard) aren't good enough, try the pupu menu with it and it will make your day. They also had live music and it was a Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritesushiloverVIPDined on 11/1/2014We dine here every time we visit Scottsdale and have never been disappointed. Their fish tacos are a favorite as are their baby back ribs. We also never been disappointed with evening special. Ambience is lovely, especially when they have the doors open upstairs, like dining outdoors with a roof over your head.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceDougDined on 10/31/2014We had always wanted to dine at a Tommy Bahama restaurant, and we were not let down. Great food, fantastic service. Can't wait for the next time!Special Features:
- The food & service were fantasticMrsnakDined on 10/30/2014There were 5 of us celebrating my parents' birthdays for lunch. We chose to sit on their outdoor patio, which was a wonderful idea, being that you take every opportunity you get in AZ to sit outdoors. Our server was very attentive to the 4 elderly people in our group, even though he was swamped with other tables. All 5 of us were very satisfied with our meals and the 2 included desserts were to die for. We will definitely be coming back for another meal in the very near future.Special Features:
- Meeting site and lunch combination.JohnDined on 10/28/2014We had an early reservation for a meeting prior to lunch. Everything worked out well. Our server understood our purpose and did everything to accommodate. He served refreshments and kept them full as needed without interrupting. After business, lunch was great. This is 2nd time we did this and will not hesitate to do it again.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Great place to eat. Pricey but well done. HOpe you get to dine there when the guitarist is there, he was really good. Perfect music for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice decorGood1VIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a pleasant meal. The service was good, drinks and appetizers were also good. If you like being in a Tommy Bahama store you will like the atmosphere here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- View, Service & FoodJimandPeggyDined on 10/17/2014It was time to decide where to entertain out-of-town guests. We were looking for a place distinctive to Scottsdale--a place where our guests hadn't been and a place that they would remember as they headed back to PA. So, we headed to Open Table and determined that Tommy Bahama's would fit the bill. And it did! We weren't disappointed. Our service was outstanding (Ask for Dave), the view was excellent (seated by the window as requested in our Open Table reservation) the food was good and predictable (that's a good thing). So, there we have it--food, service ambiance/view. Anything wrong? YES... it was just about the noisiest restaurant I've been to in years. The cause? A 25 person party adjacent to our table. BUT, we didn't let it bother us.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereLoveToWineDineTravelVIPDined on 10/12/2014Loved that we could walk right from the Westin to here for dinner. Great outdoor dining and serviceSpecial Features:
- one of our favoritesfransapVIPDined on 10/11/2014tommy Bahamas is one of our favorites. We return again and again for consistently fantastic food and service. And the chocolate mocha pie is amazing!Special Features:
- Good atmosphere, disappointing foodAshHVIPDined on 10/3/2014We love the atmosphere here and had previously gone for tacos and a burger for lunch..all of which were fine. The mahi we ordered though was overlooked tasteless and the so called big lump crab salad had about 3 lumps of crab, the rest was blue cheese and lettuce. Disappointing. I would go back for the simpler lunch fare but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama'snjoyfoodDined on 9/28/2014The ambiance was relaxing and romantic. The staff was friendly and courteous, however the service was unexpectedly slow. The wine list had something for everyone. The food was average, not exceptional. We thought the coconut shrimp were very good. The deserts, the pina coloda cake and key lime pie, were extremely flavorful. We both agreed that the key lime pie was possibly the best we have had.Special Features:
- Birthday Night!FogarbreDined on 9/28/2014Took my wife and another couple from out of town to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our server Raimondo was great! He was fun and knew the menu very well! The food was very good...the Lobster Bisque and Snapper were outstanding and the Sanibel Chicken was so rich that my friend could not finish it. We will definitely be back! One small draw back is teh noise level tend to get a bit loud but quiets back down around 8:00 PM.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014We decided to try Tommy Bahamas for restaurant week. Glad we did. Food and drinks were outstanding and the service was great too. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Awesome b-day dinnerVegasloverDined on 9/26/2014Had an awesome time during restaurant week. Best mai tai's in town. No one at the table was disappointed or went home hungry. Service was top knotch also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeCMURRELL23Dined on 9/26/2014Went to Tommy Bahama as part of AZ Restaurant Week. Tom/waiter was excellent. Very personable and offered valuable tips. Food was great. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014Ahi appetizer tacos and Lobster bisque. What could be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ourselvesTFWThomVIPDined on 9/22/2014Restaurant Week......going back Friday October 10 in fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timedrcbDined on 9/21/2014Good time, accommodating to our two toddlers. Also would be great for a romantic date night. Steel drums on the patio were really coolSpecial Features:
- Ugh !Steakhouse01VIPDined on 9/13/2014Tommy Bahamas was once a favorite, BUT not lately...The live music has been terrible, It used to be tropical, background dinner music, Now it's an array of easy listening type tunes not so easy to listen to performed by a number of different musicians ranging from Hmm It's OK, to lets skip desert and get the heck out of here quick. I was also up all night with plumbing problems (If ya know what I mean) after dinner Saturday night. I shouldn't have to spend money to have both my ears and my stomach offended on the same night.
- Great funMKT2014Dined on 9/13/2014Tommy Bahamas patio is relaxing and has great live music. We really love the fish tacos, pork quesadillas, and sangria. Definitely a great place for happy hour!Special Features:
- Very disappointedSwainoDined on 9/8/2014Firstly we were sold a 20% off voucher at brunch for our eve meal, only to find it started a month later when we had returned to uk. Secondly we asked for a bottle of prosecco (on the menu) they had none and gave us a more expensive fizz as replacement then charged us for both on the bill when we never had the prosecco! 3rd: 4 entree soups arrived and we only ordered 3, so one had to wait for his starter. 4: Main course was served as one person hadn't finished entree! Main courses were very disappointing and felt we were being rushed to leave. Overall a big disappointment.Special Features:
- Love this place!JulieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great drinks. Great food. Great service. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama ScottsdaleRemyBoyDined on 9/2/2014Nice setting in the Kierland Commons. Friendly staff. The food is good, not great. Its is a fun place to go with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.