Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
300 John Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 9413882888
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shannon Mills
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment nightly and Saturday and Sunday during the day.
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour Everyday 4pm-6pm.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
Tommy Bahama’s combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (39)good for groups (35)hot spot (34)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (22)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Cozy Place for a Romantic DinnerCozyDined on 9/6/2014Loved the entire experience from beginning to the end!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Sarasotaera1687VIPDined on 9/1/2014Love this restaurant. I have been to the New York location and it is not nearly as good. My favorite is the red snapper and the pineapple creme brûlée. Drinks are great too.Special Features:
- CelebrationFresca827VIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good, the best artichoke I've ever had, very flavorful. Very quiet evening and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants ... friendly clean and the food is fresh and scrumptious. ...from the Manager to the wait staff everything is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great seviceFoodIsForEating69Dined on 8/15/2014Positives were the food, a great steak, well done, but still tender (it can be done!) nice live background music, played at a level you can hear, but does not drone out conversation. Lovely desserts, very well presented. Waitress service was attentive, informative without being overbearing, super! Negative was arriving 12 minutes early for the booked table, to be told if you want a table upstairs you should not arrive so early. I'll give you a pager when its available. Not so super, would have been 5 stars otherwiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish and ServiceFoodTalkVIPDined on 8/15/2014The staff appreciates the customers, is knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Food was excellent and original.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING food.sabrinaVIPDined on 8/3/2014So I will be honest. The food was OUTSTANDING!!! We've never been before, but we will be back. I loved the different combinations that they had on the menu. The only thing I have to say was horrible, is that they wouldn't take a Visa gift card I got for my birthday. They said they keep 20% as a fee!! That's TERRIBLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious selectionsCraigADined on 8/2/2014Always happy to return here for a satisfying meal. This last visit unfortunately we had to share the upstairs with a noisy wedding party. Could not hear ourselves talk. They were using a microphone and speakers and it was too loud. The meal was excellent and the drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a great locationTimVDined on 8/1/2014After spending a great day in Sarasota, always stop by Tommy Bahama's for great food and atmosphere. Ryan our server is always excellent.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBonnieA17Dined on 7/27/2014Always a winner. The food is consistently good and it's a fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not world famousFourDsDined on 7/24/2014When you walk in, head up the stairs if you have reservations. Downstairs is first come first serve. A sign would be nice. Our table was nice but the decor was a little dated and it seemed they couldn't decide whether they were casual dining or up scale, which was true of the food as well. The beginning and end were the highlights. The cinnamon butter with the rolls was "a little taste of Christmas in a bite". The coconut shrimp was Very Good! Always a sucker for a dessert tray, we choose their signature piña colada cake, and we're not disappointed (a 1/2 portion was enough for everyone to have a taste) The Ahi Tuna was beautifully cooked and seasoned. The other entrees were average. Our waitress was very attentive. Nice smooth meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Island FeelLornisbDined on 7/22/2014We always love coming to this Tommy Bahamas! Great service (this visit by Ashley), delicious eats and an added bonus when they have the acoustic guy playing!! I especially like the jerk chicken tacos! We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par FoodteamguyDined on 7/21/2014I generally like Tommy Bahamas restaurants; however, this visit disappointed -- it may take awhile to come back. Ordered the baby back grilled BBQ ribs. Over cooked. Hard. Meat was tough. Sauce flavor wasn't to my liking either. The accompanying Asian slaw tasted like dirty mop water! No flavor and it frankly was horrible! My date had the bacon cheeseburger and it too was badly over cooked and dry. Same for the bacon. The service was average, but the server was nice and tried hard. The Mai Tai cocktail was fabulous! On this occasion, the food just didn't work for me. It was the first really bad food experience for me at a Tommy Bahamas. I hope it was an anomaly. Unfortunately, it may take some time to lure me back.
- Great timeTimVDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, energy was great, but had to wait at least 10 minutes before someone started waiting on our party once we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014My husband & I had a date night & went to the tommy Bahama restaurant for a fun night out!! The drink menu had some great choices I had a red wind sangria & hubby had a mojoto both where enjoyable. I had the tortilla soup which was heaven. For dinner hubby had jerk chicken which he really enjoyed. I had the crab stuffed shrimp they where large & very taste. Our waitress was very friendly & helpful with our dinner choices. We will need to have another date night at tommy Bahamas in Sarasota. We ever got a call back from the restaurant the next day to see if we enjoyed out night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingoutDined on 7/18/2014I always enjoy this restaurant, the food and service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014MY WIFE AND I HAD A VERY GOOD DINNER AT TOMMY BAHAMA'S. ALL SEAFOOD APPETIZERS AND ENTREES WERE GREATSpecial Features:
- Another must do on St. Armand's ..jayjayDined on 7/10/2014Fun atmosphere ..Something for everyone ..Great for large family groups..Nice spot to kick off a family vacation on nearby Longboat KeySpecial Features:
- Great SpotRobertDined on 7/8/2014Great restaurant, great food. I totally enjoyed the experience with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatSleppDined on 7/6/2014Second visit to a Tommy Bahamas, and we were not disappointed. Wonderful dishes prepared from scratch, from apps to dessert. Cocktails are top shelf too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerpamstlVIPDined on 7/5/2014No one can top their coconut shrimp or ribs. Always outstanding and leaves you wanting to come back for more!Special Features:
- Favorite Happy Hour in SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014$5-$7 cocktails (top shelf) & appetizers everyday. Servers & bartenders are friendly. Our fave place! If you are staying at Ritz Carlton mention to them - might give you a free drink - worked for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRtuchol2Dined on 6/28/2014Tommy B always pleases. Great staff and food is great. Still has a "chain" feel but the food and service make up for it. Be aware that live music is playing on weekends and its very loud. Not a great place if you want a quiet meal for the weekend. Overall, we were pleased, but will most likely try something else next time.Special Features:
- Perfect SpotKelsfavsDined on 6/21/2014Had an great experience at Tommy Bahama's! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Hit or missBeachfamDined on 6/18/2014Food was great. Service was slow to get going. Confusion at the upstairs hostess station on who was to be seated first between the manager and the hostess. Can't say we would go back, there are better choices for atmosphere and service. The separate TB store is very nice with helpful staff.Special Features:
- get the tacosBrianLDined on 6/15/2014The fish tacos on the lunch menu are incredible. If that's not your thing then get the Cuban sandwich. One of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahamaBam!bitzubethVIPDined on 6/15/2014Lively fun atmosphere. Kid-friendly but not in a bad way. Service was slow but friendly. Father's Day menu had options but was not limited. Food wasn't a WOW but very nice. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerPhiltradeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had a night early Father's day dinner. Very good. Great filet.Special Features:
- 73SeniorinsarasotaDined on 6/13/2014Even though it was a bit noisy, it gets an excellent rating because the food was great, with some very creative menu items and the service was very attentive even though the restaurant was very crowded due to special parties upstairs. Their specialty drinks were very good as well. Have eaten here many times and always had a very good experience.Special Features:
- Better than expectedDsakpaDined on 6/10/2014I went in thinking it was going to be touristy and ok since it was located in St Armand's shopping area of Sarasota. Surprisingly that was not the case. The food was very good starting with the appetizer and ending with awesome desserts. Get the Creme Brûlée! I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningLuvLongboatDined on 6/9/2014I took my wife to Tommy Bahamas for dinner on her birthday and we were not disappointed. Got a great seat on the balcony and had an absolutely incredible dinner. The flavours in the food was outstanding and Tom our waiter was great - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy BahamaPickyeaterDined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent. They forgot to assign a waiter to our table, but as soon as we requested help, our service was impeccable. Loved the steak salad, and was very happy they let me have it for dinner even though it was on the lunch menu. The coconut/pineapple cake is memorable...so moist and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LK412VIPDined on 6/3/2014The Kona encrusted ribeye steak was delicious. New on the menu in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Sarasota !jroggDined on 6/2/2014We go here every time we visit the area and have not been disappointed once. Everything we ever get here is perfect. We always leave talking about how wonderful the food was. Atmosphere is so inviting. Feel like you're on an island somewhere. It is a little high-priced, but well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - priceyginacVIPDined on 5/31/2014Service was great - good was very good with a different twist! I found it pricey for the portion size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ginacVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent food and service - different dishes for change - wish they had more to choose from but very goosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to SarasotaDaveDined on 5/30/2014We drove to Sarasota for a nice weekend of romance. It was a good one and we enjoyed the meal here at TB. Our issue was too noisy. There was music playing, a crowded restaurant with lots of kids, and none of the managers seem to realize you could not converse with the single guy's music so loud. I suggest being more sensitive to that for future reference.Special Features:
- BeverlyDined on 5/27/2014I've enjoyed many lunches and dinners at Tommy Bahamas with friends and family. It is one of my family's favorite places when they are in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great fun place. Good food. The staff is attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 605 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota reviews archive.
- sorry to not recommend this onelinalDined on 5/18/2014We were very disappointed with this restaurant. The service was poor. The size of the portions w a s lists poor. Overall it was an average place with above average prices.Special Features: