Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
300 John Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (941) 388-2888
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shannon Mills
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment nightly and Saturday and Sunday during the day.
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour Everyday 4pm-6pm.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota
Tommy Bahama’s combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (31)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)special occasion (26)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (20)romantic (19)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The décor is lovely, very island like. Nice detail including the ceilings done in bamboo (up stairs). For us the music was too loud. A couple of decibels lower would have been nice. The waiter was excellent. The meal delivery person however brought the wrong meal to my wife. Her macadamia nut encrusted snapper was excellent, came out piping hot. Could have gotten a facial from it. However, my mahi was tepid. The waiter returned it to the kitchen for warming. On return it was no better. It was returned to the kitchen. On the second return the rice and vegetables under the meat were perfect however the fish was only slightly warmer. I gave up and accepted the meal. The cook must be relying on ambient heat to from the vegetables to warm the fish. Some kind of disconnect in the kitchen. The waiter offered to buy a dessert for us for the problem. We declined. Why should the waiter pay for our dessert? He was a working stiff who had an unfortunate duty to run interference for the kitchen staff. I should have had the snapper!
- Nice, intimate placeMattDined on 11/16/2014Tommy Bahama's is a great place to go for a date or a night out together. You pay for the ambience, but the ambience is great and worth it. Food is excellent, too. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, served lukewarmNessaVIPDined on 11/10/2014Food was tasty. We had to send three items back to be warmed up. Also, a burger ordered rare came out well done. Tastes good when finally done over. The servers do a good job, but there seems to be a problem with the kitchen doing food properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!CIMJKMDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I love this place. Happy hours and recently out 27th wedding anniversary. So when it was my Dom's 18th bday we knew where to go. We had a great night!! Ashley is the best waitress and Ty the manager is so friendly and accommodating. The food was awesome and ate way too much. Will be back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!LynnPDined on 10/30/2014We return to Tommy Bahamas while visiting Florida a few times per year. Our friends met us there for a great dinner and everyone raves how wonderful their dinners were! This is one of our favorite restaurants in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner!AlohaGal1Dined on 10/24/2014We love Tommy Bahama's, wherever we visit while on vacation. This one is especially good, and the bread and cinnamon honey butter a real treat! The seared tuna is always delicious and the tortilla soup seasoned just right. The local musician adds a nice homey neighborhood touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!decksitterVIPDined on 10/17/2014Whenever we are near a Tommy Bahama's restaurant we make sure we eat there! We have enjoyed Tommy Bahama's in Sarasota a couple of times and on both occasions the casual and friendly ambience, oh so delicious food and awesome service makes us wish we were here more often. Wish there was one in Calgary, Alberta, Canada! :-) Would highly recommend the fish tacos, coconut shrimp and Kona encrusted rib-eye.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014After having a sun filled day at the beach, Lido, we decided to have a small dinner. We pass Tommy Bahama's on way back home and its a delightful restaurant with great food! Service is always wonderful and punctual!Special Features:
- MemorableCIMJKMDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside with amazing food and very friendly helpful staff. We have been to the bar several times for appetizers and cocktails and once to the restaurant for dinner. Each time we left feeling very satisfied with the good, the service and the whole experience. Whether you are from Florida or a tourist they make you feel right at home. Will definately be back and will consider this one of our favorite restaurants in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!Kandice13Dined on 10/7/2014We really enjoyed our experience. Great Service at the bar and table. Manager stopped by and checked on our experience. Great wine list and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014It was my sister's birthday. Made reservation thru OT with no problem. Lovely table upstairs by the window. Great drink and food menu. Our server, David, was, by far, one of the most personable waiters I've ever had. Very accommodating and knowledgeable. Great sense of humor. The food from the Fried Green Tomato appetizer to the Pineapple Creme Brûlée, was fantastic! Will definitely be back on future trips to Lido Key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great on the Circle!TrainkcVIPDined on 10/2/2014Tommy Bahama's is a great place, especially if shopping on the circle or just looking for something nice, but Florida casual for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- Cozy Place for a Romantic DinnerCozyDined on 9/6/2014Loved the entire experience from beginning to the end!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Sarasotaera1687VIPDined on 9/1/2014Love this restaurant. I have been to the New York location and it is not nearly as good. My favorite is the red snapper and the pineapple creme brûlée. Drinks are great too.Special Features:
- CelebrationFresca827VIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good, the best artichoke I've ever had, very flavorful. Very quiet evening and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!!!BluzlvrDined on 8/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants ... friendly clean and the food is fresh and scrumptious. ...from the Manager to the wait staff everything is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great seviceFoodIsForEating69Dined on 8/15/2014Positives were the food, a great steak, well done, but still tender (it can be done!) nice live background music, played at a level you can hear, but does not drone out conversation. Lovely desserts, very well presented. Waitress service was attentive, informative without being overbearing, super! Negative was arriving 12 minutes early for the booked table, to be told if you want a table upstairs you should not arrive so early. I'll give you a pager when its available. Not so super, would have been 5 stars otherwiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish and ServiceFoodTalkVIPDined on 8/15/2014The staff appreciates the customers, is knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Food was excellent and original.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING food.sabrinaVIPDined on 8/3/2014So I will be honest. The food was OUTSTANDING!!! We've never been before, but we will be back. I loved the different combinations that they had on the menu. The only thing I have to say was horrible, is that they wouldn't take a Visa gift card I got for my birthday. They said they keep 20% as a fee!! That's TERRIBLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious selectionsCraigAVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always happy to return here for a satisfying meal. This last visit unfortunately we had to share the upstairs with a noisy wedding party. Could not hear ourselves talk. They were using a microphone and speakers and it was too loud. The meal was excellent and the drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a great locationTimVDined on 8/1/2014After spending a great day in Sarasota, always stop by Tommy Bahama's for great food and atmosphere. Ryan our server is always excellent.Special Features:
- The following 635 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sarasota reviews archive.
- One of my favoritesBonnieA17Dined on 7/27/2014Always a winner. The food is consistently good and it's a fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not world famousFourDsDined on 7/24/2014When you walk in, head up the stairs if you have reservations. Downstairs is first come first serve. A sign would be nice. Our table was nice but the decor was a little dated and it seemed they couldn't decide whether they were casual dining or up scale, which was true of the food as well. The beginning and end were the highlights. The cinnamon butter with the rolls was "a little taste of Christmas in a bite". The coconut shrimp was Very Good! Always a sucker for a dessert tray, we choose their signature piña colada cake, and we're not disappointed (a 1/2 portion was enough for everyone to have a taste) The Ahi Tuna was beautifully cooked and seasoned. The other entrees were average. Our waitress was very attentive. Nice smooth meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Island FeelLornisbDined on 7/22/2014We always love coming to this Tommy Bahamas! Great service (this visit by Ashley), delicious eats and an added bonus when they have the acoustic guy playing!! I especially like the jerk chicken tacos! We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par FoodteamguyDined on 7/21/2014I generally like Tommy Bahamas restaurants; however, this visit disappointed -- it may take awhile to come back. Ordered the baby back grilled BBQ ribs. Over cooked. Hard. Meat was tough. Sauce flavor wasn't to my liking either. The accompanying Asian slaw tasted like dirty mop water! No flavor and it frankly was horrible! My date had the bacon cheeseburger and it too was badly over cooked and dry. Same for the bacon. The service was average, but the server was nice and tried hard. The Mai Tai cocktail was fabulous! On this occasion, the food just didn't work for me. It was the first really bad food experience for me at a Tommy Bahamas. I hope it was an anomaly. Unfortunately, it may take some time to lure me back.
- Great timeTimVDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, energy was great, but had to wait at least 10 minutes before someone started waiting on our party once we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014My husband & I had a date night & went to the tommy Bahama restaurant for a fun night out!! The drink menu had some great choices I had a red wind sangria & hubby had a mojoto both where enjoyable. I had the tortilla soup which was heaven. For dinner hubby had jerk chicken which he really enjoyed. I had the crab stuffed shrimp they where large & very taste. Our waitress was very friendly & helpful with our dinner choices. We will need to have another date night at tommy Bahamas in Sarasota. We ever got a call back from the restaurant the next day to see if we enjoyed out night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingoutDined on 7/18/2014I always enjoy this restaurant, the food and service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014MY WIFE AND I HAD A VERY GOOD DINNER AT TOMMY BAHAMA'S. ALL SEAFOOD APPETIZERS AND ENTREES WERE GREATSpecial Features:
- Another must do on St. Armand's ..jayjayDined on 7/10/2014Fun atmosphere ..Something for everyone ..Great for large family groups..Nice spot to kick off a family vacation on nearby Longboat KeySpecial Features:
- Great SpotRobertDined on 7/8/2014Great restaurant, great food. I totally enjoyed the experience with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatSleppDined on 7/6/2014Second visit to a Tommy Bahamas, and we were not disappointed. Wonderful dishes prepared from scratch, from apps to dessert. Cocktails are top shelf too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerpamstlVIPDined on 7/5/2014No one can top their coconut shrimp or ribs. Always outstanding and leaves you wanting to come back for more!Special Features:
- Favorite Happy Hour in SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014$5-$7 cocktails (top shelf) & appetizers everyday. Servers & bartenders are friendly. Our fave place! If you are staying at Ritz Carlton mention to them - might give you a free drink - worked for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRtuchol2Dined on 6/28/2014Tommy B always pleases. Great staff and food is great. Still has a "chain" feel but the food and service make up for it. Be aware that live music is playing on weekends and its very loud. Not a great place if you want a quiet meal for the weekend. Overall, we were pleased, but will most likely try something else next time.Special Features:
- Perfect SpotKelsfavsDined on 6/21/2014Had an great experience at Tommy Bahama's! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Hit or missBeachfamDined on 6/18/2014Food was great. Service was slow to get going. Confusion at the upstairs hostess station on who was to be seated first between the manager and the hostess. Can't say we would go back, there are better choices for atmosphere and service. The separate TB store is very nice with helpful staff.Special Features:
- get the tacosBrianLVIPDined on 6/15/2014The fish tacos on the lunch menu are incredible. If that's not your thing then get the Cuban sandwich. One of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahamaBam!bitzubethVIPDined on 6/15/2014Lively fun atmosphere. Kid-friendly but not in a bad way. Service was slow but friendly. Father's Day menu had options but was not limited. Food wasn't a WOW but very nice. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerPhiltradeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had a night early Father's day dinner. Very good. Great filet.Special Features: