Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
525 Grand Blvd Suite P-101
Miramar Beach, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 8506541743
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for further information.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule.
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour 4pm-7pm Everyday
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and great food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday lifeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (24)romantic (23)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Consistently ExcellentMrBillDined on 9/22/2014Food was excellent -- as always. Try the scallop sliders. Your taste buds will love you. We have never had a bad meal at Tommy Bahama.Special Features:
- Great waitressAutigerkmcVIPDined on 9/18/2014In Sarasota they substitute chicken for pork in the quesadillas. I was told they couldn't do it. I ordered the pork and ended up sending them back. Great attentive service since we had four children with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better dinner choices elsewheregeaux2dinahDined on 8/30/2014Canceled res at Marlin Grill to eat in the gazebo at TB with friends. Service was slow and we had inexperienced wait staff. Our food was good but our friends food was average at best - overcooked shrimp and ketchup & mayo served on hamburger when it is usually on the side. Staff seemed to not be knowledgeable with sauces & content. We will return for lunch in the future but not for dinner.Special Features:
- This place has really changedBobRVIPDined on 8/24/2014Tommy Bahama's/Destin used to be our 'must visit for dinner' place every time we visited Destin. No longer! The prices have gone up, the portions are smaller, and the food was not served hot. Not sure what has happened here, but things have changed. We had the Mahi Mahi and the portion was very small, and not served hot. The brocollini vegetables were tasteless and may have just been a garnishment -- not edible food. The Tuna Ahi appetizer, previously tacked tall -- is now a far smaller, less heaping portion. It will be awhile before we come back.
- Girls Trip!!!Pink2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Amazing hamburgers! Nice and juicy. Service was horrible.
- PetalVIPDined on 8/23/2014Second visit to the restaurant this trip to Destin. ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!!Elly829Dined on 8/23/2014Initially, I did not know what to expect, I figured it was just another commercialized restaurant. Boy, was I wrong. I have eaten in the finest of restaurants, and Tommy Bahama's Sandestin will be added to that list. Service, food, and atmosphere were top notch! I would recommend stopping by this restaurant, if you are in the Destin area.Special Features:
- WONDERFULSHOEDIVADined on 8/22/2014WE HAD RESERV. AT 9:15 AND EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. OUR SERVER WAS "SHANE" HE MADE THE BEST SUGGESTIONS AND THEY WERE PERFECT. HE SUGGESTED DESERT AND MADE US A FRESH POT OF COFFEE TO GO ALONG WITH THE CAKE-PIE. THIS WAS OUR BEST DINNER EXPERIENCE DURING OUR WEEK LONG STAY IN DESTIN.Special Features:
- Great againPetalVIPDined on 8/20/2014As always everything was great. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Tommy BOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Great place for an anniversary dinner. Quiet, very good service, and great food bought to the table at the right temp. Really nice vacation restaurant.Special Features:
- Goat Cheese AppetizereeeeatsDined on 8/13/2014GREAT restaurant. Goat cheese appetizer is a MUST GET. Absolutely wonderfulSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Perfect service, magnificent food. A very very well run establishment.Special Features:
- beachlover7beachlover7VIPDined on 8/8/2014I dinned at Tommy Bahamas again, maybe my 20-30th time in the past year. It is still my favorite restaurant and the whole experience was wonderful as always. So was the food, service and everything. I love your restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent!mcflippinDined on 8/6/2014This was the best meal we had while staying in Destin. They were very accommodating to our large group. The shrimp and grits were to die for. And there are no words to describe the desserts. Will definitely be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesFamily2Dined on 8/6/2014Great good, wait staff was great with our kids. Fresh, healthy options for dinner as well as the obligatory cheeseburger and fries for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for great foodTigaligDined on 8/2/2014My family and I visit this restaurant every time we are in town. It's a great place with great ambience and food. But the service is really lacking. It's never been great but certainly not worth writing a review on, simply not their strong suit. This time, however, the service dropped a couple of notches from what was a already mediocre at best. The delay in the food and drinks was extended and two soups were served without spoons and no spoons to be found for a good three to five minutes each time. Then we had desserts without utensils as well. A high end restaurant presents high quality food and service. Visit Flemings or Ruth Chris in the area and see the difference. I love the casual atmosphere but the service needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama's of DestinVacayDinerDined on 8/1/2014Tommy Bahama's of Destin was great. The food and service was excellent. After dinner we strolled into their clothing store and found some great items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upmarket cheese cake factoryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/1/2014Vacation restaurant. Expensive, not great. Fish tacos were good, service was slow, drinks were strong.Special Features:
- beachlover7beachlover7VIPDined on 7/28/2014We love this restaurant. Its our favorite restaurant on this side of the state. its delicious and beautiful an very tropical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYummyMommaDined on 7/26/2014This was my second visit and it was nothing short of fabulous! The waitstaff, food, drinks...everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSevillachicaDined on 7/19/2014One of the only places that takes reservations in the Destin area which was great for our party of six. It was nice not having to wait. The food was yummy. My mom is still talking about her Hawaiian burger and everyone else's meal hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantExcellenceDined on 7/11/2014Best restaurant in the area! The quality of food and service are unparalleled!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServicePickyDinerDined on 7/10/2014Tommy Bahamas was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful...not too loud, live music playing and superb service. We ordered the Scallop Sliders, Blackened Fish Tacos, Thai Shrimp and Scallops and a Burger & Brew Special. All were very tasty. The only disappointment was the Sangria one person in our group ordered. The description sounds like there is the usual fruit in it like most sangrias have. But there was no fruit and only served over ice in a small glass. Would not order that again. Besides that, all was wonderful and we look forward to eating there again. We might even go just for dessert next time as they looked divine but we were full.Special Features:
- Nice Business Casual LunchTerryDined on 7/10/2014Service was great... Foot was outstanding... Nice environment for lite business and casual conversation etc. I will return for other luncheons.Special Features:
- best in the areadnoonanVIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was the best we had on our trip to the Sandestin area. Creative, imaginative and delicious and served in a great setting. Also they are extremely accommodating. One of my daughters is gluten intolerant while the other is extremely allergic to corn. They went out of their way not only to make sure their meals were safe but they were appetizing, plated to perfection and tasty. Great placeSpecial Features:
- Food is good and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Have eaten here several times and the bar is always very active. Food is good and we keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in Sandestin!cpas28Dined on 7/4/2014People often only think of Tommy Bahama's for the apparel, but this restaurant was such a pleasant surprise! The staff was incredibly nice and friendly, and did not rush us through our meal. Everything we ordered was so delicious... Portions were a bit large but be sure to save room for desert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SURPRISEDQB17VIPDined on 7/3/2014We were very surprised at the quality of all dishes ordered by all guests in our party. We each had something different and all received glowing reviews. I personally had the Blackened Fish Tacos and they were fantastic. I will be back in the area in a couple of weeks and I will for sure stop in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachy Tommy Bahama fits the bill!TravelbearVIPDined on 7/3/2014How could you not have a good time here? Cheerful beach shirts on the staff, beautiful Colonial island decor, nice (but expensive) gift shop and happening bar scene. We dined here twice while in Destin. Both meals were a hit. Manager couldn't have been nicer. Fish was fresh, portions were great, key lime pie was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceDeefromVAVIPDined on 7/1/2014We love dining here. The food does not disappoint and service is always friendly. The desserts are delicious. The pineapple creme brulée is a must try!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!Famof6VIPDined on 6/29/2014We absolutely loved this place! The crab bisque is a must. The macadamia encrusted snapper was incredible and the key lime pie was one of the best we have ever had. The only negative is the noise level was pretty bad. Felt like we could not hear each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not disappointNF614Dined on 6/26/2014Very accommodating. Great food. Clean. Friendly staff. Prompt service. Recommend online reservations for no wait (even in the busy season).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adult & Quiet and excellent menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014We have eaten at this restaurant several times over the last few years. The atmosphere is adult with just the right amount of entertainment. Each time we go to Destin/SanDestin, the influence is to go to the local old established restaurants but each time we migrate back to Tommy Bahama's and have the best dining experience of any restaurant in the area. We would highly recommend this restaurant for a relazing and enjoyable dinner with an exceptionaly menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningFamilyfunDined on 6/25/2014Our hostess was very cordial and friendly. Our waitress very attentive and helpful with the menu. Food was delicious as always! We will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining From Start to Finish!DinerOntheRoadDined on 6/24/2014My fiance and I came here for a nice dinner date while on vacation. We made reservations and were seated promptly. I was pleased with the plantation/home style of the restaurant. It was very comforting and welcoming. Our server Debbie was a true gem! She made our experience very enjoyable. Everything we had was divine. From The BBC drink for my fiance to the creme brulee in a hollowed out pineapple, we couldn't get enough of the place and can't wait to go back! The Crab Bisque is a must try for all. Definitely our favorite place in Destin...and we've tried quite a few!Special Features:
- Awesome place to eat.FoodiesDined on 6/24/2014This was my 5th visit to Tommy Bahama Restaurant and they keep amazing me every time I go. Great atmosphere, great friendly service and the food is outstanding. A must go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin reviews archive.
- FoodKathy1218Dined on 6/14/2014Food is consistently good. We patron this restaurant about twice a month.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseInTheHamVIPDined on 6/12/2014What a nice surprise! Sitting outside on a cool night in Destin was awesome. The drinks were very good and many were very original and interesting. Beer selection was OK in the bottle, but draft selection was poor. The service was good as our waitress was very energetic and knowledgeable about drinks and menu options. Food and drinks arrived quickly and well prepared. Everything we ordered was very good to outstanding. Tacos were a hit! Key Lime Pie was superb.Special Features:
- Best in Destin!SmithDined on 6/4/2014Great for dinner. Great menu. Great staff. We have eaten with Tommy 4 times this year, each time on a Wednesday night, and we don't even have one within 900 miles of our home.Special Features:
- As good as you'd expect from Tommy2foodieLivesDined on 6/3/2014Was here on vacation. Chose TB for my birthday dinner which was well noted by the very attentive service. Great ambience if you like Tommy Bahama of course. Food was delicious. TB restaurants seem an obvious success so don't understand why there aren't more of them - especially in Atanta. Come on Tommy, I'm waiting!Special Features: