Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
525 Grand Blvd Suite P-101
Miramar Beach, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (850) 654-1743
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for further information.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule.
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour 4pm-7pm Everyday
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and great food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday lifeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Sandestin reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (15)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- As good as you'd expect from Tommy2foodieLivesDined on 6/3/2014Was here on vacation. Chose TB for my birthday dinner which was well noted by the very attentive service. Great ambience if you like Tommy Bahama of course. Food was delicious. TB restaurants seem an obvious success so don't understand why there aren't more of them - especially in Atanta. Come on Tommy, I'm waiting!Special Features:
- Great Dining experience!WshatDined on 5/30/2014We had been wanting to eat at this restaurant for a while and finally made time on this trip... It was worth it! Great service, Excellent seafood! Swordfish was perfectly prepared!Special Features:
- Great service, great food. Book it!kseraphimDined on 5/25/2014Visited this location on Memorial Day weekend and had excellent service and the food was great. Not a single complaint. We share the goat cheese app, and went on to the Stuffed Chicken Breast and Seared Ahi. Finished off with the Key Lime Pie and the Coconut Pineapple Cake. WOW!Special Features:
- Great FoodRyanDined on 5/25/2014Food was great and our waitress was outstanding. Definitely get some appetizersSpecial Features:
- Over-rated during high season!bevbuggDined on 5/13/2014We had scheduled a reservation through open table for 7:30 --we arrived a few minutes ahead of time to find that a table of 30 had just arrived,without a reservation .We waited 30 MINUTES to be seated,& 2 of the diners were elderly. The staff was somewhat apologetic & comped us 2 appetizers for our wait --Abbey, the server was excellent,& made up for the wait & inconvenience as best she could --would go back, but not in May-September,unless they are better prepared for the Season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beachlover7beachlover7VIPDined on 5/11/2014I love Tommy Bahamas. The food is always delicious and the ambiance is awesome an the servers are so nice an give great service. Oh an I really love their bread an honeybutter. An the mai tai's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsInvernessResidentDined on 5/10/2014Food here is always wonderful. Service is cheerful and quick. Never a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dining experience!DenWPVIPDined on 5/9/2014We so enjoy TB restaurants & usually dine there when visiting a city that has one. The food is very good, the atmosphere is so fun (we honestly feel as if we're in Hawaii), and they have good HHS prices. What's not to like!!Special Features:
- Grouper!DenWPVIPDined on 5/7/2014We enjoyed their grouper special while dining in the bar area. That allowed us to take advantage of HH drink & small plate prices, as well. The ahi poke appetizer is a home run, the grouper was outstanding, and we even indulged in a small piece of key lime pie. It was all good. The service was mediocre; the server didn't know the menu, the prices, or really much of anything. He was polite but not impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great grouper!DenWPVIPDined on 5/4/2014We had a fabulous group entree & lovely appetizer, soup, and wine, It was a lovely dining experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibsF15GorkDined on 5/2/2014I always order a rack of their ribs when I eat there. They are fall off the bone delicious!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Everything was a very enjoyable. No waiting for table, staff was very efficient and friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placetroughnbrewDined on 4/20/2014When we visit this area we always dine here. Good consistent food and very good service. A little pricey in some areas but usually worth it. Portions are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome chainBuckheadfoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2014Tuna, macadamia-crusted grouper, fish tacos, and desserts all fresh and tastier than anything we had on a recent trip abroad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointskathyrcDined on 4/7/2014Eaten at the Maui and Myrtle Beach locationds too. Such interesting and creative food. Don't miss the special drinks. Our server was beyond great. On it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014This was our second visit and it was just as amazing as we remembered! We stumbled upon Tommy Bahama's on our last visit to Sandestin and we were blown away by the setting, the service and the food!! This visit was the same, well, better if you can possibly improve on perfection! My husband had the pecan encrusted snapper and I had the filet mignon. Both were simply perfect...the snapper was perfectly prepeared and seriously, I have never eaten a better steak anywhere! The goat cheese appetizer was so good that it completely changed my opinion of goat cheese!! We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary here and we look forward to our next visit! Thank you for making our anniversary so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take guests.destingrandmaDined on 3/28/2014We have eaten here numerous times. It is a good place to take guests, especially after a movie. We always love the fish tacos. They come blackened or grilled and are served with fried plantains. On our recent visit our guests ordered fish and chips and loved them. We have often dined in the bar from the early bird menu with friends. The fish tacos are served alone and there are 2 instead of 3. They have several other small plate items on the bar menu. We had made reservations ahead following a movie; and while other guests were turned away because the restaurant was full, we were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TropicalClarkDined on 3/21/2014Good place to relax and enjoy a great meal with friends and family.Special Features:
- Overpriced and forgetableCowboyVIPDined on 3/17/2014It was my own fault. The restaurant was promoting a flank steak special and it is really hard to make flank steak taste like anything special, but for 26 dollars it should be great. Cooked to order on mashed potatoes which were good. The flank had no taste and that would be alright if it was a 10 dollar steak. Tommy Bahama should really stick to selling clothes. Oh, I forgot to mention the sugary substance that was supposed to be lemonade for 4 dollars.
- Tommy Bahama's Our Valentine FavMarilynDined on 2/14/2014A Margreat dining experience. Our first waitress greeted us by name (we were impressed). When we requested a move to a quieter spot we were cheerfully accomodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Best fish! Wonderful desserts! Love Caribbean sounds and look! Attentive, knowledgeable waiter! Thank you, Steven Walker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014I have dined at Tommy Bahama in Sandestin 3 times now. Each time the food was excellent and the service was excellent. We celebrated 3 birthdays in my family on our last visit, I made the reservations on-line and mentioned the birthdays. The hostess, waitress, and Manager told my family members Happy Birthday, and made sure everyone liked what they ordered, and that they were happy. They were made to feel very special. The food was wonderful. I personally like the Restaurant because of the variety of the cocktail menu and the food menu. It is tropical and the food is unique and exotic. Crab Bisque is wonderful, love the Ahi Tacos, & Fish tacos. Fish & Steak entrees are great as well. The Creme Brulee is one of my very favorites!Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your MealPuttinggVIPDined on 1/27/2014One of poorest menu selection and quality I have had in a long time. First and last time for me.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014The service was average. The food was also average. The steak was not cooked properly and the sides were not served with the meal but arrived 10 minutes later. The heat in the restaurant was up too high and it was very noisey inside. We wont be back and I would not recommend the restaurant.
- Tropical CharmChuckmeisterDined on 1/15/2014Whenever we visit a TB Restaurant from out of town (150+ miles east this time), we have never been disappointed, in either the ambiance, menu selections, nor the dishes themselves - well prepared and well presented. They tasted great too! This visit offered a steel drummer for our background pleasure. Last time, there was an equally enjoyable guitar player/singer. Our only, albeit minor, letdown was that toward the end of our meal, our waiter wasn't around for us to be able to order dessert and coffee. And, then he took forever to attend to the invoice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. AmazingNonoDined on 1/1/2014Excellent service. Amazing food. Will always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteRestauranterDined on 12/30/2013Our family vacations in Destin a lot, and this restaurant is a must-go for every trip. The food is universally appealing, although the menu is heavily seafood based. But there are many good vegetarian options, too. The malted chocolate mousse tart is one of my favorite desserts anywhere, and the warm farro salad is a treat.The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, but if you choose to sit in a booth, a long meal might get uncomfortable because the booth seats are wood benches with no seat cushions. We have recommended Tommy Bahama's to many area visitors, and no one has disagreed with us yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best blackened fish tacos ever!DavisDined on 12/28/2013Great service, casual yet very nice. Very good coconut shrimp app. Fish tacos are a must. Homemade chocolate cake is to die for. I've dined here many times.....very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Tasty FoodArtnpenVIPDined on 12/28/2013Upon entering we were seated quickly, and the waitress was prompt. The food came out in the wrong order ….salad before the appetizer then the meal before the salad was done. but each time we helped the staff correct the process and they were accommodating and pleasant.. Over all this was the 5th or 6 th time that we have eaten here an we will be coming back. BTW the bread is to die for as well as the Bungalow salad. Then don't pass up the fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013My husband and I took our family there for dinner. It was our first time dining at Tommy Bahamas and everyone had a wonderful meal. The food was outstanding, our service was great and the atmosphere in the restaurant is very nice. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013There is no better place for steak and the pina colada cake!! We eat here everytime we are in town. You just cannot go wrong with the food and the entertainment. I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerKGordonDined on 11/9/2013We had 10 people in our group. Food came out all together no on had to wait.Special Features:
- Overall great dining experience.SuzanneVIPDined on 10/18/2013This is a regular go-to for us. Sometimes we have a sitter and go without kids, but we have taken our 5 young Children on many occasions and they love it. Consistently great food and lovely service. Nothing too fancy or crazy on the menu, but beautifully presented and well done every time. Great cocktails and desserts as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodFoodiesDined on 10/14/2013The food at Tommy Bahama is fantastic. It is one of our favorite places to eat in San Destin. Everything about it is great ... The food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is the Fish of the Day?visitingfishermanVIPDined on 10/14/2013The crab bisque was wonderful as always. A little disappointed that Tommy Bahama’s is using a less costly and farm raised fish in their fish tacos. It is strange to have a restaurant located in one of the most famous sports fishing places in the world and use an imported fresh water fish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationkhkwmDined on 10/9/2013We had a table for 4 with a toddler on the terrace. The manager took care of everything himself and we had a great server throughout the evening. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the special cocktails and very reasonably priced Pinot Grigio as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fave in Sandestin!DiningOutDined on 10/3/2013Great food with even better personal service! Our favorite dining experience in Sandestin...one server even remembered us from our last visit, which was over a year ago! Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done Rare TreatTastyRoyDined on 9/24/2013Dined with my girlfriend and was blown away by the Seasonal Chef Menu. Great staff and Mario, the GM, came and greeted us and to thank us for our patronage. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not blown awayJIMFLDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I went there for our anniversary, overall the food was good nothing spectacular. It was pretty slow maybe due to the weather or the off season but you could see the energy level represented in the staff. My wife had the Kobe burger and ordered it medium and it came out with more pink than she expects from medium I would also say it came out closer to M/R. I had the scallops and shrimp thai style it was very good and I was very happy. the deserts looked very nice we shared a chocolate cake. Nothing to rave about but it was good and big. We actually stopped at Flemings for a glass of wine prior and thought that would have been much more appropriate for our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!MJHIDined on 9/14/2013Tommy Bahamas is a favourite restaurant so when we were in Sandestin on vacation it was an automatic choice. On arriving we were shown to a table that was a little cramped but it was no trouble at all for the front of house to move us somewhere more comfortable. Our server was fantastic - nothing was too much trouble, when I asked if they still had my favourite cocktail (they didn't) she remembered it's key components and came up with something just as lovely. There was no argument when we asked to share a dessert and she was attentive all evening. The quality of the food was up to the TB high standard as you would expect - pulled pork and Grouper sandwiches both cooked perfectly. A great evening in a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.