Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
73-595 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 7608360188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rey Baysa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: call for information
- Entertainment: Live Island Music, call for a schedule
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Seven Days A Week.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (35)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (32)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (18)great for brunch (17)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- Always A Great ExperienceCaynerVIPDined on 9/15/2014I have been to this restaurant and others in other cities and I have always had a great experience. The food is always good, the service was fantastic and the overall experience is great!Special Features:
- A little loud to eat dinnerDesertDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014The open dining area does not lend to privacy, intamacy, or a quiet meal. The old decor was more inviting. Servers are pleasant and the food was so-so.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014This is our go-to spot when we're visiting Palm Desert and it didn't disappoint! Our food was amazing and our server... TOP-notch! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top NotchCaynerVIPDined on 9/10/2014One of the best things about TB is no matter what city you are in, the service/food/experience is very consistent. This Palm Desert location is a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- We Enjoy it Every TimepalmspringsfoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is about the fifth time I've been to Tommy Bahama's. Everytime we have a great meal. Guests we take also love it. The meals are always a creative balanced blends of tastes. You know how in some restaurants, the items sound great on the menu, but when they get to your table they are off in some way. At Tommy Bahama's, when the dishes get to your table they are BETTER than they sound on the menu. Great, fresh ingredients, artistically prepared and they taste amazing. Everything we've had has been great. Even the fresh baked bread -- which comes with a delicious honey/ginger butter--that alone is worth the effort to go there. But make reservations on busy weekends or during the Winter Season.Special Features:
- prices up, quality downsherylenVIPDined on 8/31/2014very disappointing visit to TB over Labor day weekend. live here, used to go all the time but they kept raising prices so they compete with high end restaurants even tho ambiance is not high end...but we had friends in town and decided to go...no ones food was good...my fish was a small piece on a small bit of risotto for 30 bucks...my husband said crispy fish sandwich was mushy, friend's shrimp on mac & cheese had a bunch of kale on it, weird and the scallops were fishy...waste of $150 bucks, that is for sure...too bad, its a good looking restaurant and close to home, but lots of other, better choices on El Paseo and surrounding area
- Great butMechaDined on 8/29/2014It was a great night but it was too noisy. We were 7 people and 4 of them we ate the steak salad, mine was a super small portion tan the others two. The server was great!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRedlandsdinerDined on 8/20/2014I have been a repeat customer of Tommy Bahamas for years. Great quality food and friendly service are consistent at every location I have visited. Not thrilled with the Palm Desert remodel. It's open and noisy, like a cafeteria now. The outdoor patio is nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Food was great but it was so hard to get our waiter to our table to order, get drinks and for our check! But the food and decor were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn on the "misters," please!RSS1VIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined out of doors at 7:30 - 9:30 PM The"misters" are obviously in need of service or replacement. They were totally ineffective and we were uncomfortable from the start. I would never dine of their terrace again.Special Features:
- Great Food, View, and AmbienceResortDiningDined on 8/7/2014The Best resort casual dining experience. Food and drinks are all excellent! It's a favorite place of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and Loud2loud2njoyDined on 8/4/2014We love the food and service, but since the remodel last year, the noise level is such that you can hardly hear the person right next to you...you have to be outdoors on the patio for easy conversation, but in 120 degree temps, that is impossible... How about a few carpets to muffle the sounds? Still enjoy the food, but when there is a groupof young execs drinking and partying, the noise level is unbearable.Special Features:
- Not very fancyNeillibDined on 8/2/2014We're seated in the bar area. It was like eating on patio furniture. The BBQ ribs were delicious as was the coleslaw. My wife had Mahi Mahi which she enjoyed. We split a salad that was adequate. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimBeppoDined on 7/26/2014The portions of the food were small, however the food was good. the Drinks are great, and the restaurant is a nice place to enjoy. Also the Appetizers are better than the main courses..Special Features:
- MontyDined on 7/25/2014Never had a bad meal at Tommy Bahama's, and the drinks at excellent.Special Features:
- Learn Something NewluvwineanddineDined on 7/19/2014I only knew of Tommy Bahama's as a clothing line. It was a welcome surprise to be introduced to their restaurant during a summer trip to Palm Desert. The crab stuffed shrimp absolutely melted in my mouth - completely unparalleled by previous dining experiences. My husband totally enjoyed the cheese stuffed chicken. The kids dined on filet and it was also the flavorful, melt in your mouth variety. Our friends who accompanied us thoroughly enjoyed their choices. We shared four desserts to end our meal and each was to die for. We will definitely dine there again on subsequent visits to Palm Desert.Special Features:
- sholmVIPDined on 7/19/2014During a desert weekend getaway, I took my wife here for her birthday. I've been to this and other TB restaurants in the past, and always had great food and nice ambiance. The food was good, however we got stuck with the 'grumpy' waiter (R******). I told him it was my wife's birthday and he didn't respond, so I mentioned again in case he didn't hear me, and he still didn't say anything. Not even Ok or telling her happy birthday. It was very strange and that ended up being the tone for the entire meal. He didn't smile once or have a warm tone until he handed me our check. Maybe he just had a bad day. It's just unfortunate that we were looking forward to a great dinner and my wife ended up not even wanting birthday dessert from Mr. R.Special Features:
- Food is always amazing!LoriDined on 7/19/2014It is always a special night, when we are visiting Palm Desert as Tommy Bahama's is always on the 'must do' list! The service, food, ambience, etc was awesome! The Pina Coladas were sooooooo good that we ended up going back twice while we were there!Special Features:
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Very slow service - food not that good. Expected more for a $125 meal!Special Features:
- Slow and Inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014Our latest experience at this location was very disappointing. While we were seated promptly, our server took forever to acknowledge us. He took our beverage order and we requested that water be brought as soon as possible. It was fifteen minutes before our beverages were served and we had to again request that water be brought to the table. Our food was brought out another twenty minutes later. The fish was overcooked and lacked flavor. We felt the price for the wine was not in line with either the quality or the quantity. Overall, this was not a very rewarding experience.
- Hawaii in the DesertlbweekenderDined on 7/4/2014I have always loved this restaurant. It has a very tropical feel to it, the food is great, and the service is always spot on. We usually visit Tommy Bahama's with a group. The appetizers are outstanding. I recommend the ahi tuna tacos. The outdoor patio is a great place to sit if you are with a large group. Even in the heat of the summer, the misting system keeps it cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodgwenyeDined on 7/4/2014I have visited Tommy Bahama for special occasions and just for lunch. The wait staff is excellent and the Steak Salad is my favorite. I'm going to have to visit more often so I can try something else from the menu.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Love going here food is always great and ambience a winnerSpecial Features:
- ColetteDined on 6/21/2014I have been trying to find a soup that compared to the one served at our wedding (lobster bisque at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai) and I found it in your crab bisque!!!! YUMMY!!!!!Special Features:
- Great for what it isnicholasDined on 6/20/2014As a hot spot restaurant on El Paseo you can expect it to be busy, loud and overpriced; however, once you expect this a good time can be had. Food is good, service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterRanchoMirageDined on 6/16/2014excellent food but the noise level is extremely high when the bar is busy. Because of the high noise level we have opted for other restaurants on many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to drink at Tommy's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We chose Tommy's for Father's Day and were overall very pleased with the experience. It did start off a little rough with the first 2 drinks we ordered being unavailable?! When we go to Tommy's we like to try new drinks. I had been on the website and saw the blood orange margarita...looked amazing and sounded like being on vacation, so I ordered one...sorry, not available due to lack of ingredients!? Seriously??!! Not on Father's Day! Ok, we'll try the special menu mango margarita. Out of ingredients for that one, too!? Disappointment was replaced with frozen Cadillac margaritas which were VERY good! Food was above average...crab cakes very good, fresh salmon very good. Coconut shrimp always great. Service decent. You should go.Special Features:
- Lana12VIPDined on 6/14/2014Always good food and service. Never disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too lively!nancycunninghamVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love Tommy Bahamas. The food is fun, the atmosphere is upbeat, but it was totally spoiled on a recent evening by a large family with multiple children literally using the patio where we were dining as a playground. Staff made no effort to seat us in a more adult zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island Living in the DesertblueingreenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Delicious food; Bahama-style ambience. I love the Ahi Kale salad, but I've never had anything here I didn't love. Don't skip the bread and nutmeg-flavored butter! We often go for lunch, but the outdoor patio is a great place for an afternoon cocktail and snack.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!RealtorCamille7VIPDined on 6/11/2014Every time we eat at Tommy Bahama's we comment what a GREAT meal we had! They are consistent and the food presentation is beautiful! We ordered the chicken, Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi and Salmon Spinach salad. Every dish was prepared perfectly! For dessert we had the caramel pudding and pineapple creme brûlée and both were outstanding! Even their ice tea is delicious! Our server didn't rush us and took excellent care of us too! Keep up the good work, Tommy Bahama!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencehappywhenimfedDined on 6/7/2014Everything from the food to the view and even service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutHoneybairDined on 6/7/20145 of us girls met at Tommy Bahama's for a girls night out. It was restaurant week so our 3 course meal was only $29. The wait staff is great and very knowledgeable about all the menu items and cocktails. We always have a good time at the Palm Springs Tommy Bahama's. It's our GO TO place.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJennyForeroDined on 6/6/2014Stopped by for restaurant week to have dinner with my friends and happy we did! The food was amazing and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YorkerNewYorkerDined on 6/5/2014The Restaurant is upstairs from the Store and is a local hangout I think.People seemed to be having fun and a few groups out partying.The service was quick and efficient. Drinks ,Soup,Pasta and Steak all excellent and also a bit spicy.Nice touch for foodies.Desert key lime pie and chocolate cake were both up with the best.Whisky sours $8.75 the average not like Mastros at $13.00 What a ripoff.Waiter was friendly efficient and brought fresh coffee when we finished.No rush. Hang out if you want to.Local guitarist was also a plus,nice background music.For a $100 bucks on Restaurant week very good. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Slow ServiceEireDined on 6/4/2014The food at Tommy Bahama's is always great. Service is a bit sketchy. Really slow to wait on us. We were there over 20 minutes before our waiter came to our table. If i hadn't been there before - i wouldn't come back. Maybe it was just an off night for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekolddinerDined on 6/4/2014Had the Restaurant Week menu at lunchtime and the choices were great, the food excellent. Noticed we were the only ones chosing the menu and many other diners so it is a popular place. Regular prices not cheap but it is El Paseo. Had wide choices: the macadamia nut snapper was very good, the lime pie dessert outstanding. One person had shrimp pasta and there was way too much pasta. Service was good. I liked that they had a small carafe of water and therefore it was not wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good happy hourlovelydesertDined on 6/3/2014we went early to dinner to celebrate a birthday. Too bad had to sit in the bar on high stools to get happy hour price drinks. We did order regular 3 course meal not the bar menu but still had to sit in high seats sharing a large table with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food only to be trumped by serviceChowHoundVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to TB as part of restaurant week and we are glad we did. The signature cocktail menu is fun and tropical. The setting is great, looking out over the valley floor and the mountains at sunset. The bar scene is a little noisy, but the outdoor patios are peaceful. The food was great. Our waiter, Otto, is a fun guy that seems to enjoy his job. He is friendly and outgoing, knows the menu, the food prep and knows his wine list (which is a bit limited). We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Casual and Fun with Excellent FoodCarrieWDined on 5/31/2014I made a reservation during a visit to the area that coincided with Palm Springs Restaurant Week. Tommy Bahamas had a competitive price and their entree choices for Restaurant Week looked appetizing. I didn't expect anything incredible; Tommy's is known for clothing, not food. But we were pleasantly surprised! The decor is tropical but in a casual way, not over the top. The vibe is energetic and fun, but the tables are spread out enough that conversation is still possible over the ambient noise. Our server was very friendly and attentive, and the food he brought was fantastic! Overall it was a very nice experience; we'll definitely be stopping in for Happy Hour next time we're in the area.Special Features: