Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
73-595 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 7608360188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rey Baysa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: call for information
- Entertainment: Live Island Music, call for a schedule
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Seven Days A Week.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (40)scenic view (32)special occasion (30)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (19)romantic (15)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (7)Show More
- Food & FuntravlinLAVIPDined on 10/27/2014We love this place....dine there and Happy Hour there every time we go to the desert.....wouldn't miss their wonderful Happy Hour snacks...divine! Love the casual dining as well....with the best steak salad in the world...they used to call it Saba Salad....now is simply steak salad, but just as good by any name.Special Features:
- The BEST in the ValleyTunaFanVIPDined on 10/27/2014I really love the food, ambiance and service TB's provides. The ahi kale salad is the best tuna salad I have had here in the valley. TB's is one of my all-time favorite places to dine!Special Features:
- Desert view with a tropical flairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I bought a weekend place in Palm Desert about 2 years ago. Whenever driving down El Paseo, I have always wanted to sit on the 2nd story Tommy Bahama patio and look down on the passerbys. Little did I know that it also affords a beautiful view of the desert valley. If you sit on the east side of the patio, you can also get a beautiful view of the Santa Rosa mountains. The food and drinks are always great at TBs and the happy hours is great!Special Features:
- out of town guestPopskiVIPDined on 10/25/2014great service, our waiter was a hoot, Food was good, my dish was not memorable, fishSpecial Features:
- Cold SoupMatthewVIPDined on 10/21/2014Always have a great meal at this restaurant when I vacation in Palm Springs. Was disappointed that chicken tortilla soup was delivered cold and had no tortilla's in it. Server re-ordered from kitchen and soup was delivered hot but still no tortillas in soup. If soup does not have tortillas in it, it should not be listed in the name of the soup. Aside from that, I am happy with restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SwordfishrichDined on 10/20/2014I was extremely surprised to find swordfish being served as it wasn't on the regular menu. It was the best swordfish that I have ever had and I've eaten a lot of it in my day. The service was wonderful the waiter Otto was very friendly and knowledgable about the entrees. Definitely a find for us on this trip to the desert.Special Features:
- Great outdoor space!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014I've been here before and wasn't disappointed this time either. Their patio is large and not overly crowded. Our food was delicious and the service was very good. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahamas Wonderful!nadineparDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I went to Tommy Bahamas to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary the other night. We had such a wonderful experience. Our waiter was named Steve and he was so friendly and helpful. Steve recommended the Steak salad for me and the Rib Eye for my husband. Both were excellent! We will definitely go back to Tommy Bahamas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Desert FeelDixonGuyDined on 10/13/2014Located in downtown Palm Desert this just feels like dining in Palm Desert should feel. Great food, wonderful environment.Special Features:
- JT-Palm DesertJTorVIPDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is our very favorite place to wine and dine in the desert.The food is great and the wine selection is very big and variety is perfect !!The view from the outdoor patio of the city of Palm Desert is great and very pleasant to observe while eating. We love it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience in Palm DesertFsquaredVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a great night out at Tommy Bahamas. The food was great and the staff was friendly. Great patio dining with views of the valley and surrounding area.Special Features:
- Great Time for First TimersBrittGDined on 10/10/2014It was our first time in Palm Desert and our famuly has never have been to Tommy Bahamas before. We were celebrating a special occasion and wanted to make sure we would be able to get a table so we used opentable. We arrived and they sat us outside on their beautiful patio. Service and food were great. Drinks and desert were the best part. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd try not much better than 1stcaseysmomVIPDined on 10/9/2014Second try - pulled pork sandwich - cold, sent back came back a bit warmer BUT fries now soggy and bun soggy. They never offered bread... very disappointing. First time prime rib was also below average. Might try a third time for hamburger -- that might just be the last if quality of food is not better.Special Features:
- Why boast and ruin the secret?TunaFanVIPDined on 10/9/2014I always enjoy Tommy's and find the food delicious. The kale ahi tuna salad is the best ever and I highly recommend it. The basil grapefruit signature martini compliments any lunch (as long as you don't need to go back to work) and this restaurant is, by far, a true favorite. The outdoor dining is better than the indoor dining. Since the remodel the indoor dining has a more cafeteria feel but the outdoor is a patio fresh feel and this time of the year in the Desert everyone wants to be outside enjoying it.Special Features:
- Great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Needed a casual place for pre-movie dinner. Tommy Bahama served up the perfect spot with a great menu, and a spectacular view from the second floor. Had the avocado/crab salad among other things in our group - all was really good except lemonade a bit tart. Service was great - friendly wait staff as well as front deskSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewdinerDined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner seated outside on the very large patio watching the sunset and beautiful view. The food was delicious and the only complaint is the service was a bit slow. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with choices but would disappear for quite some time. Tommy Bahama's is a great place to dine with friends or for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service for no reasonRichDined on 9/26/2014We had a 9:00 PM reservation. The restaurant was fairly empty by then. We sat on the outside patio with the other diners. Maybe only five tables total being served when we arrived. It took over ten minutes for a server to acknowledge us and give us menus. The food was good when it arrived, but half way through dinner I ordered another beer and the server obviously forgot about it. A while later when I was pretty much done with my meal she came outside and I noticed her look at our table and then spin around and go back into the building. A couple of minutes later out she comes with my forgotten beer. I drank the beer with my complimentary birthday cake (which was quite good) but would rather have had it earlier when asked for.Special Features:
- vrrsDined on 9/21/2014The Caesar salad needs to be served with fresh crisp romaine lettuce, it was not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeET11Dined on 9/17/2014Every time I try something new and it is always a delightSpecial Features:
- Always A Great ExperienceCaynerVIPDined on 9/15/2014I have been to this restaurant and others in other cities and I have always had a great experience. The food is always good, the service was fantastic and the overall experience is great!Special Features:
- A little loud to eat dinnerDesertDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014The open dining area does not lend to privacy, intamacy, or a quiet meal. The old decor was more inviting. Servers are pleasant and the food was so-so.Special Features:
- Wonderful!WhiteBearWaldDined on 9/11/2014This is our go-to spot when we're visiting Palm Desert and it didn't disappoint! Our food was amazing and our server... TOP-notch! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top NotchCaynerVIPDined on 9/10/2014One of the best things about TB is no matter what city you are in, the service/food/experience is very consistent. This Palm Desert location is a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- We Enjoy it Every TimepalmspringsfoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is about the fifth time I've been to Tommy Bahama's. Everytime we have a great meal. Guests we take also love it. The meals are always a creative balanced blends of tastes. You know how in some restaurants, the items sound great on the menu, but when they get to your table they are off in some way. At Tommy Bahama's, when the dishes get to your table they are BETTER than they sound on the menu. Great, fresh ingredients, artistically prepared and they taste amazing. Everything we've had has been great. Even the fresh baked bread -- which comes with a delicious honey/ginger butter--that alone is worth the effort to go there. But make reservations on busy weekends or during the Winter Season.Special Features:
- prices up, quality downsherylenVIPDined on 8/31/2014very disappointing visit to TB over Labor day weekend. live here, used to go all the time but they kept raising prices so they compete with high end restaurants even tho ambiance is not high end...but we had friends in town and decided to go...no ones food was good...my fish was a small piece on a small bit of risotto for 30 bucks...my husband said crispy fish sandwich was mushy, friend's shrimp on mac & cheese had a bunch of kale on it, weird and the scallops were fishy...waste of $150 bucks, that is for sure...too bad, its a good looking restaurant and close to home, but lots of other, better choices on El Paseo and surrounding area
- Great butMechaDined on 8/29/2014It was a great night but it was too noisy. We were 7 people and 4 of them we ate the steak salad, mine was a super small portion tan the others two. The server was great!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRedlandsdinerDined on 8/20/2014I have been a repeat customer of Tommy Bahamas for years. Great quality food and friendly service are consistent at every location I have visited. Not thrilled with the Palm Desert remodel. It's open and noisy, like a cafeteria now. The outdoor patio is nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Food was great but it was so hard to get our waiter to our table to order, get drinks and for our check! But the food and decor were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn on the "misters," please!RSS1VIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined out of doors at 7:30 - 9:30 PM The"misters" are obviously in need of service or replacement. They were totally ineffective and we were uncomfortable from the start. I would never dine of their terrace again.Special Features:
- Great Food, View, and AmbienceResortDiningDined on 8/7/2014The Best resort casual dining experience. Food and drinks are all excellent! It's a favorite place of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and Loud2loud2njoyDined on 8/4/2014We love the food and service, but since the remodel last year, the noise level is such that you can hardly hear the person right next to you...you have to be outdoors on the patio for easy conversation, but in 120 degree temps, that is impossible... How about a few carpets to muffle the sounds? Still enjoy the food, but when there is a groupof young execs drinking and partying, the noise level is unbearable.Special Features:
- Not very fancyNeillibDined on 8/2/2014We're seated in the bar area. It was like eating on patio furniture. The BBQ ribs were delicious as was the coleslaw. My wife had Mahi Mahi which she enjoyed. We split a salad that was adequate. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimBeppoDined on 7/26/2014The portions of the food were small, however the food was good. the Drinks are great, and the restaurant is a nice place to enjoy. Also the Appetizers are better than the main courses..Special Features:
- MontyDined on 7/25/2014Never had a bad meal at Tommy Bahama's, and the drinks at excellent.Special Features:
- Learn Something NewluvwineanddineDined on 7/19/2014I only knew of Tommy Bahama's as a clothing line. It was a welcome surprise to be introduced to their restaurant during a summer trip to Palm Desert. The crab stuffed shrimp absolutely melted in my mouth - completely unparalleled by previous dining experiences. My husband totally enjoyed the cheese stuffed chicken. The kids dined on filet and it was also the flavorful, melt in your mouth variety. Our friends who accompanied us thoroughly enjoyed their choices. We shared four desserts to end our meal and each was to die for. We will definitely dine there again on subsequent visits to Palm Desert.Special Features:
- sholmVIPDined on 7/19/2014During a desert weekend getaway, I took my wife here for her birthday. I've been to this and other TB restaurants in the past, and always had great food and nice ambiance. The food was good, however we got stuck with the 'grumpy' waiter (R******). I told him it was my wife's birthday and he didn't respond, so I mentioned again in case he didn't hear me, and he still didn't say anything. Not even Ok or telling her happy birthday. It was very strange and that ended up being the tone for the entire meal. He didn't smile once or have a warm tone until he handed me our check. Maybe he just had a bad day. It's just unfortunate that we were looking forward to a great dinner and my wife ended up not even wanting birthday dessert from Mr. R.Special Features:
- Food is always amazing!LoriDined on 7/19/2014It is always a special night, when we are visiting Palm Desert as Tommy Bahama's is always on the 'must do' list! The service, food, ambience, etc was awesome! The Pina Coladas were sooooooo good that we ended up going back twice while we were there!Special Features:
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Very slow service - food not that good. Expected more for a $125 meal!Special Features:
- Slow and Inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014Our latest experience at this location was very disappointing. While we were seated promptly, our server took forever to acknowledge us. He took our beverage order and we requested that water be brought as soon as possible. It was fifteen minutes before our beverages were served and we had to again request that water be brought to the table. Our food was brought out another twenty minutes later. The fish was overcooked and lacked flavor. We felt the price for the wine was not in line with either the quality or the quantity. Overall, this was not a very rewarding experience.
- Hawaii in the DesertlbweekenderDined on 7/4/2014I have always loved this restaurant. It has a very tropical feel to it, the food is great, and the service is always spot on. We usually visit Tommy Bahama's with a group. The appetizers are outstanding. I recommend the ahi tuna tacos. The outdoor patio is a great place to sit if you are with a large group. Even in the heat of the summer, the misting system keeps it cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.