Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive Ste 1200
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (321) 281-5888
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Leichty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Crystal Carr, Sales Manager for any catering requests, Crystal.Carr@tommybahama.com
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour in the bar Everyday 4pm-6pm, We feature great deals on signature small plate appetizers and our fantastic tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (37)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (23)romantic (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Island flairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014As you walk in it feels like and island oasis. Warm and friendly greeters. We were seated at a booth with Quaint pillows. Service was quick and grand. I would recommend the red white and blue salads, very tasty. Timing thru out the night was perfect with a full dining room. To top it off the pineapple cake just the right size and I left me with light feeling. Book your island oasis tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great waiter!ChuckDined on 11/10/2014Jeff was our waiter. He was attentive, helpful and very professional. We wish to commend himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBuffaloCPADined on 11/8/2014We have eaten at several other locations in Florida and always had a wonderful experience. The food was mediocre at best, incliuding apps through dessert, service was great and attentive on a slow night. Before I pay those prices I would have to rethink going there. We love to eat outdoors and the ambiance was fine but not extraordinary to make up for the virtually tasteless food
- Love it!lovetotravelDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I make sure we eat here every time we are in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better Tommy Bahama'sIwilleatelsewhereDined on 10/30/2014We have eaten in a number of Tommy Bahama's but I would place this one at the bottom of the list. The waitress was great but the service was very slow, waited 20 minutes or more just for appetizers, soup and bread. The excuse - waiting for the bread to come out of the oven. After the meal the wait to get the bill and get the payment processed was also aggrevating. Rather than inform us before we ordered about the credit card system being down for almost two days we were not informed about the delay to process payment until the waitress came back to get our credit cards. Perhaps we should have just taken our cards back and walked out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2014once again our experience was top notch from beginning to end. even though our server was relatively new, he was still knowledgeable about the menu and very professional at work. all of the servers and managers help each other and totally work as a team to ensure the guests comfort, especially Shelley.Special Features:
- TetaMDined on 10/24/2014While the service was good up to the point of recieving our entrees once we got them the waiter seemed to disappear. It took a long time to get his attention for dessert menus as well as to get the desserts which we asked to be to go as we were tired of just sitting.
- Cafeteria sceneFlchickDined on 10/22/2014Took my husband here for his birthday dinner since he loves TB brand however the restaurant was busy we were seated in a room that sounded like a school cafeteria. Bar service & food service was slow although the quality of food was good. The atmosphere turned me off & unfortunately we just decided to leave without my husband's birthday dessert.Special Features:
- Wondeful findpickyandfairDined on 10/17/2014We had dined once before at a Tommy Bahama restaurant in Hawaii and loved it. We were surprised and delighted that the Orlando restaurant matched all the things we enjoyed in Hawaii. Wonderful menu selection and delicious food, attentive and knowledgable servers and staff and great ambiance.Special Features:
- The nicest waitresstex1VIPDined on 10/12/2014Jessica was our waitress and she was delightful. Professional and courteous. She made the evening specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was outstanding. We sampled four different entrees, a soup, the caesar salad, and the bread pudding dessert (which was not on the regular menu). It was all delicious. The service was was also excellent. We were very well attended to, without being interrupted.Special Features:
- TB's - always goodToriDined on 10/2/2014We eat here whenever we're in Orlando, it's become a tradition. There's nothing like it in London so it's a real treat. Even the bread and sweet cinnamon butter is amazing. My husband always has the coconut shrimp appetiser and we never have room for dessert. Megan, our waitress was really attentive and helpful. We will always make it part of our plans on future trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyable!Drsteele75Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I visited last week and thought it would be just another chain...However we found it to be quite the opposite! The menu was great and the service was exceptional! I believe we had Jessica as our attendant with Ben as a shadow trainee. The Seared Ahi and the Mac encrusted grouper were done to perfection. We will be coming back as the experience was great!Special Features:
- DeliciousLuv2travlDined on 10/2/2014Food was cooked perfectly. Service was outstanding! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014service slow, even had to ask waiter to check on order.after waiting for an hour for entree one was cold-disappointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverMunchiefaceDined on 9/27/2014NY Strip steak was tough, over cooked and tasteless. First visit left a lot to be desired at a big expense. Will I be back? Not likely...
- Our first time!SteakWineloverDined on 9/27/2014And it was a great night. We love island inspired food...especially steak and fish, so we were excited to try something new. The food and service was very nice! And bottle prices were very good. We'll be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Good FoodChloeDined on 9/27/2014It was our first time there, so our waiter made suggestions and he hit the nail on the head. I had the snapper dish and my friend had a chicken dish. Both excellent. We had the shrimp and corn fritters for appetizer and they were awesome! Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner vacationjon77Dined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere with a creative cocktail menu. Definitely recommend trying the Leap of faith drink, the Macadamia nut snapper and the butterscotch pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food at above avergae priceOrlandoFoodyDined on 9/24/2014Food was not very good my steak was to fatty. Service was the best and outside seating a big plus ( everybody seems to like to freeze indoors in Orlando). Was ill the next day with bad stomach so not over impressed and no intentions to go back.Special Features:
- The Last Supper at Tommy BahamaPattiDined on 9/23/2014We ate here for the last time. The hostess was good, the food was good, but the service was lacking We were seated immediately, then waited about 15 minutes for a waiter although the restaurant was empty. In the interim, 5 staff people were gathered in the center of the dining room planning for a large party arriving later. When the waiter came, we asked for the Magical Dining menu. He told us it was the same as the daily special menu (it was not). My drink was not correct. When we ordered dinner, the salads came right out, and it was obvious that they had not been freshly made. Our entrees appeared 3 minutes later. They took them back, but the staff should not allow that to happen. Entrees were very good as were desserts.
- Nothing Specialajones05446Dined on 9/22/2014We were in town for the weekend and relied on the OT reviews, good food nice place....waiter was in your face...all good nothing great!Special Features:
- Too noisyGrandmadVIPDined on 9/22/2014We considered leaving as the noise level was intolerable. I don't like eating when I can't hear the person next to me. Very disapointing. That being said, the quality of the food was very good.
- Magical Dining findZiegsDined on 9/20/2014If it were not for the Orlando Magical Menu promotion, we might not have ever discovered Tommy Bahamas. It was great, and we will return! The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish dinnersUnhappyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our meals and will return. Butterscotch pudding delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that magical...FloridamomDined on 9/13/2014We went here for the first time because of Magical Dining. The restaurant is very loud, so might be difficult for much conversation, but the decor is very fun, and the open air seating looked great-I regretted not requesting it. Our service was poor-our waiter was inattentive, forgetful, and overall just not helpful. After 3 of our party had ordered the steak entree, he remembered they were out of it. This would have been nice to know when we asked for the Magical Dining Menu, especially as my husband had ordered red wine specifically for it. My children 's soda's arrived 15" after the adult beverages. We had to ask for everything-refills, bread, etc. Food was ok, not outstanding. I was glad we tried it, but probably won't return.Special Features:
- Magical DiningFoodieGirlDined on 9/13/2014We've been to Tommy Bahamas for happy hour many times but never for dinner, so we decided to go for magical dining month. I'm not sure if they were busier than usual because of this but our waiter seemed completely overwhelmed and took forever to bring everything. He was nice, but seemed to forget when we had placed drink orders, etc. I had the tuna appetizer, the shrimp & grits entree, and the dessert pudding. The tuna was very fishy tasting, so much so that I couldn't eat it--surprising since I've had their tuna poke many times and it's excellent. The shrimp and grits were amazing and totally made up for the poor appetizer. Probably the best shrimp and grits I've ever had. The dessert was also great. Would go back despite slow service.Special Features:
- Not up to parTheBritDined on 9/13/2014The food was barely palatable- My guests and I ordered several items on the magical dining menu, and I was dismayed to find that each dish was either under portioned, dry, tasteless, or mushy. The selections lacked creativity, originality, presentation and freshness for what is considered a high end restaurant. The décor was stale and in dire need of updating, the seating was uncomfortable hard wood and service was indifferent, almost flippant. Except for the young chef who was accommodating and presented a small tasting of seasoned pulled pork on what seemed like a corn or polenta cake for our approval. None of these plates transported me to a “relaxed luxury” atmosphere of the islands, which is the signature of Tommy Bahamas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent as usual. service is always a cut above the rest.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We did the magical dining with another couple. None of use were wowed by the food. It was OK, just not great--and the cobbler was cakey, not like a cobbler. Not inspired to go back. Service and ambiance were both good.
- Great ServiceStephanieSDined on 9/12/2014The Service was great, the food came out in a timely manor. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed FloridaRexFlaDined on 9/6/2014Relaxed Florida feel. It reminds me of the Florida Keys with a twist of sophistication. Great staff considering the location is in the middle of tourist alley - International Drive in Orlando. We are defiantly going back. My 7 year old loved that they served steak on the kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayShelleyBDined on 9/6/2014We went, mainly for the name sake. We ate at Tommy Bahamas for lunch right after our morning wedding on Maui. So, we celebrated anniversary dinner at Orlando location. I like the Magical Dining plan (salad, entree, dessert for $33) Downfall? no substitutions. Who eats chard? Reservations were easy. Comfortable seating with fluffy pillows in booths. Service was great. If ordering off regular menu, the price is a bit high. Valet parking is validated fortunately.
- Delicious!FloridaNativeDined on 9/5/2014This was my first time at Tommy Bahama and loved it! I tried the macadamia nut encrusted snapper and it was very flavorful. Portions are perfect. My husband had the NY strip, which was also full of flavor. The only disappointment we had was in the butterscotch pudding for dessert. It was bland, but I am used to my mom's recipe growing up and there is no comparison. Key lime pie was yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent as always.TYtravelerDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful experience all around. Very professional staff, great service, and as always the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was fabulous!bygones55Dined on 9/5/2014Everything was full of flavor. However it was very noisy. The runner/server did not seem to know much about the food. And we never received any bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter Jeff was great. Made good recommendations for wine which paired nicely with the different foods everyone chooseSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014Once again, our experience at Tommy Bahamas did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was exemplary. Our server Shelley was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. This restaurant should be high on your list for Magical Dining or anytime you need a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good, I was pleasedHappyCamperDined on 9/4/2014I took my team out for a celebration lunch and they are still raving about how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyRayhastingsDined on 9/3/2014High noise level. Steak was tough. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.Special Features: