Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive Ste 1200
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 3212815888
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Leichty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Crystal Carr, Sales Manager for any catering requests, Crystal.Carr@tommybahama.com
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour in the bar Everyday 4pm-6pm, We feature great deals on signature small plate appetizers and our fantastic tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014NY Strip steak was tough, over cooked and tasteless. First visit left a lot to be desired at a big expense. Will I be back? Not likely...
- Our first time!SteakWineloverDined on 9/27/2014And it was a great night. We love island inspired food...especially steak and fish, so we were excited to try something new. The food and service was very nice! And bottle prices were very good. We'll be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Good FoodChloeDined on 9/27/2014It was our first time there, so our waiter made suggestions and he hit the nail on the head. I had the snapper dish and my friend had a chicken dish. Both excellent. We had the shrimp and corn fritters for appetizer and they were awesome! Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner vacationjon77Dined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere with a creative cocktail menu. Definitely recommend trying the Leap of faith drink, the Macadamia nut snapper and the butterscotch pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food at above avergae priceOrlandoFoodyDined on 9/24/2014Food was not very good my steak was to fatty. Service was the best and outside seating a big plus ( everybody seems to like to freeze indoors in Orlando). Was ill the next day with bad stomach so not over impressed and no intentions to go back.Special Features:
- The Last Supper at Tommy BahamaPattiDined on 9/23/2014We ate here for the last time. The hostess was good, the food was good, but the service was lacking We were seated immediately, then waited about 15 minutes for a waiter although the restaurant was empty. In the interim, 5 staff people were gathered in the center of the dining room planning for a large party arriving later. When the waiter came, we asked for the Magical Dining menu. He told us it was the same as the daily special menu (it was not). My drink was not correct. When we ordered dinner, the salads came right out, and it was obvious that they had not been freshly made. Our entrees appeared 3 minutes later. They took them back, but the staff should not allow that to happen. Entrees were very good as were desserts.
- Too noisyGrandmadVIPDined on 9/22/2014We considered leaving as the noise level was intolerable. I don't like eating when I can't hear the person next to me. Very disapointing. That being said, the quality of the food was very good.
- Magical Dining findZiegsDined on 9/20/2014If it were not for the Orlando Magical Menu promotion, we might not have ever discovered Tommy Bahamas. It was great, and we will return! The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish dinnersUnhappyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our meals and will return. Butterscotch pudding delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that magical...FloridamomDined on 9/13/2014We went here for the first time because of Magical Dining. The restaurant is very loud, so might be difficult for much conversation, but the decor is very fun, and the open air seating looked great-I regretted not requesting it. Our service was poor-our waiter was inattentive, forgetful, and overall just not helpful. After 3 of our party had ordered the steak entree, he remembered they were out of it. This would have been nice to know when we asked for the Magical Dining Menu, especially as my husband had ordered red wine specifically for it. My children 's soda's arrived 15" after the adult beverages. We had to ask for everything-refills, bread, etc. Food was ok, not outstanding. I was glad we tried it, but probably won't return.Special Features:
- Magical DiningFoodieGirlDined on 9/13/2014We've been to Tommy Bahamas for happy hour many times but never for dinner, so we decided to go for magical dining month. I'm not sure if they were busier than usual because of this but our waiter seemed completely overwhelmed and took forever to bring everything. He was nice, but seemed to forget when we had placed drink orders, etc. I had the tuna appetizer, the shrimp & grits entree, and the dessert pudding. The tuna was very fishy tasting, so much so that I couldn't eat it--surprising since I've had their tuna poke many times and it's excellent. The shrimp and grits were amazing and totally made up for the poor appetizer. Probably the best shrimp and grits I've ever had. The dessert was also great. Would go back despite slow service.Special Features:
- Not up to parTheBritDined on 9/13/2014The food was barely palatable- My guests and I ordered several items on the magical dining menu, and I was dismayed to find that each dish was either under portioned, dry, tasteless, or mushy. The selections lacked creativity, originality, presentation and freshness for what is considered a high end restaurant. The décor was stale and in dire need of updating, the seating was uncomfortable hard wood and service was indifferent, almost flippant. Except for the young chef who was accommodating and presented a small tasting of seasoned pulled pork on what seemed like a corn or polenta cake for our approval. None of these plates transported me to a “relaxed luxury” atmosphere of the islands, which is the signature of Tommy Bahamas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014excellent as usual. service is always a cut above the rest.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We did the magical dining with another couple. None of use were wowed by the food. It was OK, just not great--and the cobbler was cakey, not like a cobbler. Not inspired to go back. Service and ambiance were both good.
- Great ServiceStephanieSDined on 9/12/2014The Service was great, the food came out in a timely manor. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed FloridaRexFlaDined on 9/6/2014Relaxed Florida feel. It reminds me of the Florida Keys with a twist of sophistication. Great staff considering the location is in the middle of tourist alley - International Drive in Orlando. We are defiantly going back. My 7 year old loved that they served steak on the kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayShelleyBDined on 9/6/2014We went, mainly for the name sake. We ate at Tommy Bahamas for lunch right after our morning wedding on Maui. So, we celebrated anniversary dinner at Orlando location. I like the Magical Dining plan (salad, entree, dessert for $33) Downfall? no substitutions. Who eats chard? Reservations were easy. Comfortable seating with fluffy pillows in booths. Service was great. If ordering off regular menu, the price is a bit high. Valet parking is validated fortunately.
- Delicious!FloridaNativeDined on 9/5/2014This was my first time at Tommy Bahama and loved it! I tried the macadamia nut encrusted snapper and it was very flavorful. Portions are perfect. My husband had the NY strip, which was also full of flavor. The only disappointment we had was in the butterscotch pudding for dessert. It was bland, but I am used to my mom's recipe growing up and there is no comparison. Key lime pie was yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent as always.TYtravelerDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful experience all around. Very professional staff, great service, and as always the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was fabulous!bygones55Dined on 9/5/2014Everything was full of flavor. However it was very noisy. The runner/server did not seem to know much about the food. And we never received any bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter Jeff was great. Made good recommendations for wine which paired nicely with the different foods everyone chooseSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Once again, our experience at Tommy Bahamas did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was exemplary. Our server Shelley was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. This restaurant should be high on your list for Magical Dining or anytime you need a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good, I was pleasedHappyCamperDined on 9/4/2014I took my team out for a celebration lunch and they are still raving about how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyRayhastingsDined on 9/3/2014High noise level. Steak was tough. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- MagicalDinerDined on 9/3/2014We visited the restaurant for Magical Dining as this is a great way to try new restaurants each year that you have not previously visited. I would definitely return and would send groups from my hotel there for dinner. Melissa was our server and she was very attentive, and we enjoyed her very much. She gave great recommendations on the food & drink choices that were spot on for myself and my friend dining with me. Thanks for a nice evening.Special Features:
- service?redfemmDined on 8/30/2014Food was great, but when it came time for our entrees to come and the whole time after it was like playing where's Waldo with our server. It would have been different if we could see she was running food or delivering a check to a table, but we had to wait (and be late to meet our friends) a long time to spot her. She was friendly and knowledgeable, just M.I.A. from halfway into our service. Food was great and we'll be back, as long as we don't have the same server haha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead, dead, deadCaliforniaTommyLoversDined on 8/27/2014We mostly enjoy the sandwiches at our California Tommy Bahamas restaurant. When seated, we were given dinner menus, which no longer carry any sandwiches (obvious attempt to drive up the bill, as most dinners cost around $30). No wonder the restaurant was empty! There were only 3 other tables with guests in a large, freezing cold room. Service was very good, as it should be with so few guests. Our biggest complaint, however, was being told that they do not validate for the adjacent parking lot - only valet. The manager offered to give us a free appetizer for our next visit. Not a solution for out-of-state tourists! Very lousy way to complete the evening, leaving a very poor taste in our mouths. No wonder the restaurant was empty!Special Features:
- Great night!FoodisGoodVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had appetizers, wine, salads and dessert and everything was perfect! The entire staff was wonderful and went over and beyond to give my daughter and I great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real disappointmentbobospotVIPDined on 8/17/2014DRINKS: Chillax $12.00 worth maybe $4.00 - Macrostie Chardonnay very good but overpriced at $14.00 each (a bottle can be bought for $20/25.00) - was charged $4.00 for a Fau-jito that I sent back because tasteless (the waitress Shelsy forgot to take it off the check and I did not notice until after I left). FOOD (OVERPRICED): Grilled Artichoke: go to J. Alexander & check how is supposed to be done. Pork Quesadilla: tasty. Yuzu Tacos: good, but not worth the $12.00. Ahi Tacos: exceptional (the one part of our meal that was more than worth its price). SERVICE: Shelsy the waitress had to be asked to remove the plates from the table and she was just not very attentive (she was taking care of only 2 tables). A real disappointment!
- Happy to go backGsparksDined on 8/10/2014Great food, good looking location and very attentive staff. We had a picky eater and our waitress did all she could to accommodate. I would return to dine here again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a redorhodaVIPDined on 8/1/2014While the food was fair the place could use an update. Don;t think they have done anything since it opened
- Romantic and relaxed ambience.VickyeatsDined on 7/25/2014The ambience was romantic and the lighting was just right. We enjoyed out first time there and would return in the future. My friend recommended Tommy Bahamas to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpentableDined on 7/19/2014Loud, food choices were minimal. Not much tropical fare. Uninteresting choices. Not as good as other Tommy Bahamas we have gone to. Also restaurant appeared overused and not well cared for.Special Features:
- Always a good experience0928beVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great dinning experience for our party of 8. Service was great and food was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:
- A true find!UKOldie65Dined on 6/24/2014We found Tommy Bahamas several years ago, quite by chance. The first taste of the Coconut Shrimp clinched it.....we have been regular visitors since every time we manage to get over to Florida from the UK. It has been recommended to many of our friends and family who have all tried the Shrimp and come back for more! Not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice except for screaming babyJodeeDined on 6/15/2014My steak was good but pricey for what it was. They had a very strange Father's Day menu with no special prices. I was almost seated next to the kitchen at a table in honor of making advanced reservations days ahead and the restaurant was not full. This was not a good choice for a special occasion because nothing special was offered.
- 9285JLDined on 6/15/2014Our experience was very disappointing. No attention to details or anticipating customer needs ~ things that matter to a customer. Hostess greeting was lukewarm, drinks took a long time to get to the table, appetizers were served without plates, food was just okay, credit card receipt was given to me to sign without a pen, valet parking attendants were inefficient. I am in the business, and perhaps this was an isolated event, but these events are customer service basics ~ which is why we will be making other dinning choices.
- Delish!mlb976Dined on 6/14/2014Always a wonderful time at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar! Great food, great people, yummy drinks! Thanks for helping make my dad's father's day memorable :)Special Features:
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The overall dining experience was great. The drinks are a little overprice, but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShawnDined on 6/7/2014The food and service were excellent! The location and and atmosphere were also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.