Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive Ste 1200
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 3212815888
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Leichty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Crystal Carr, Sales Manager for any catering requests, Crystal.Carr@tommybahama.com
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour in the bar Everyday 4pm-6pm, We feature great deals on signature small plate appetizers and our fantastic tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)great for lunch (26)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Dead, dead, deadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We mostly enjoy the sandwiches at our California Tommy Bahamas restaurant. When seated, we were given dinner menus, which no longer carry any sandwiches (obvious attempt to drive up the bill, as most dinners cost around $30). No wonder the restaurant was empty! There were only 3 other tables with guests in a large, freezing cold room. Service was very good, as it should be with so few guests. Our biggest complaint, however, was being told that they do not validate for the adjacent parking lot - only valet. The manager offered to give us a free appetizer for our next visit. Not a solution for out-of-state tourists! Very lousy way to complete the evening, leaving a very poor taste in our mouths. No wonder the restaurant was empty!Special Features:
- Great night!FoodisGoodVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had appetizers, wine, salads and dessert and everything was perfect! The entire staff was wonderful and went over and beyond to give my daughter and I great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real disappointmentbobospotVIPDined on 8/17/2014DRINKS: Chillax $12.00 worth maybe $4.00 - Macrostie Chardonnay very good but overpriced at $14.00 each (a bottle can be bought for $20/25.00) - was charged $4.00 for a Fau-jito that I sent back because tasteless (the waitress Shelsy forgot to take it off the check and I did not notice until after I left). FOOD (OVERPRICED): Grilled Artichoke: go to J. Alexander & check how is supposed to be done. Pork Quesadilla: tasty. Yuzu Tacos: good, but not worth the $12.00. Ahi Tacos: exceptional (the one part of our meal that was more than worth its price). SERVICE: Shelsy the waitress had to be asked to remove the plates from the table and she was just not very attentive (she was taking care of only 2 tables). A real disappointment!
- Happy to go backGsparksDined on 8/10/2014Great food, good looking location and very attentive staff. We had a picky eater and our waitress did all she could to accommodate. I would return to dine here again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a redorhodaVIPDined on 8/1/2014While the food was fair the place could use an update. Don;t think they have done anything since it opened
- Romantic and relaxed ambience.VickyeatsDined on 7/25/2014The ambience was romantic and the lighting was just right. We enjoyed out first time there and would return in the future. My friend recommended Tommy Bahamas to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpentableDined on 7/19/2014Loud, food choices were minimal. Not much tropical fare. Uninteresting choices. Not as good as other Tommy Bahamas we have gone to. Also restaurant appeared overused and not well cared for.Special Features:
- Always a good experience0928beVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great dinning experience for our party of 8. Service was great and food was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:
- A true find!UKOldie65Dined on 6/24/2014We found Tommy Bahamas several years ago, quite by chance. The first taste of the Coconut Shrimp clinched it.....we have been regular visitors since every time we manage to get over to Florida from the UK. It has been recommended to many of our friends and family who have all tried the Shrimp and come back for more! Not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice except for screaming babyJodeeDined on 6/15/2014My steak was good but pricey for what it was. They had a very strange Father's Day menu with no special prices. I was almost seated next to the kitchen at a table in honor of making advanced reservations days ahead and the restaurant was not full. This was not a good choice for a special occasion because nothing special was offered.
- 9285JLDined on 6/15/2014Our experience was very disappointing. No attention to details or anticipating customer needs ~ things that matter to a customer. Hostess greeting was lukewarm, drinks took a long time to get to the table, appetizers were served without plates, food was just okay, credit card receipt was given to me to sign without a pen, valet parking attendants were inefficient. I am in the business, and perhaps this was an isolated event, but these events are customer service basics ~ which is why we will be making other dinning choices.
- Delish!mlb976Dined on 6/14/2014Always a wonderful time at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar! Great food, great people, yummy drinks! Thanks for helping make my dad's father's day memorable :)Special Features:
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The overall dining experience was great. The drinks are a little overprice, but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShawnDined on 6/7/2014The food and service were excellent! The location and and atmosphere were also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again it was goodMashadecaVIPDined on 6/6/2014I usually will stop here when I am in town. The food is good, the drinks are good and the atmosphere is also good. I really had no complaints...the price was not to bad either compared to other places around it. For a drink, an app, a bowl of bisque and dinner...out the door for $140...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddeb57Dined on 6/6/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant in Orlando - I have the crab stuff Mahi Mahi special and my partner had the filet mignon and both were delicious. The Mahi Mahi was a special but they have a nice menu so anyone can find something to eat. We had the pina colada cake for dessert and that was very moist and tasty. Their pineapple martini was one of the best I have ever had and they carried the type of rum that my partner enjoys. I know we will be back. The only drawback were the parents who would let their kids cry and not remove them from the restaurant area till they could quiet down all so they could eat their food. I do not like to hear a screaming kid - it does ruin the mood.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/5/2014We don't have a Tommy Bahama in our hometown so if we ever see that it's in a city we are visiting, we try to stop in! As always, the food did not disappoint! The coconut shrimp, pork quesadilla and ribs were fresh, flavorful and the perfect temperature. Our drinks were served perfectly as well! Wish there was one closer to home!Special Features:
- Highly RecommendextremelysatisfiedDined on 6/5/2014This was my husband and I's first time getting to experience the Tommy Bahama restaurant. It was highly recommend to us by multiple people. We love the brand of clothing and service provided at the stores so we made reservations for my husband's birthday. Once again from the greeting when we arrived and the fabulous service provided by our server, to the made from scratch food we were extremely satisfied. We will be going back and highly recommend you experience it too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatr place to eatGRODDined on 6/5/2014The service from the time you walk in the door is excellent. I have had dinner and lunch at this location and each time the food was terrific. The wait staff and management cater to their customers and are visible throughout the time we were there. If your looking for a great place top eat while in Orlando I recommend trying Tommy Bahama's. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2014One of our favorites. Always a great meal! Service is consistently very good. Coconut shrimp is fantastic! Sanibel stuffed chicken is excellent! Cocktials are creative and fresh. Will continue to return here.Special Features:
- cindiVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food and service were very good. Would highly recommend . Great ambience
- Worth the 3,000 mile plane rideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2014On my third visit here, and once again it is always a great experience. That's a big deal since I'm traveling from California. The coconut cloud martini is my favorite drink. The grilled artichoke and tuna tacos are both awesome. The piña colada cake was taken home because there was no room left. But it is always fun to extend the experience for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmmm!PeacockDined on 5/28/2014As usual, Tommy Bahama delivers - great food, clean & beautiful dining room, and good service.Special Features:
- Interesting dinnerLocalDined on 5/27/2014It was our second visit to this restaurant and the food was very good.
- Thank you BenCoastalVirginiaPublisherVIPDined on 5/27/2014Ben was the best.. very attentive and perceptiveSpecial Features:
- So quietTomBVIPDined on 5/26/2014It was just ok. There were only two other tables in the restaurant. That's usually a bad sign. Our server was fantastic. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- YumClewisDined on 5/25/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, fast service, even the kids were happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gerardkissimmeeDined on 5/25/2014a meal three people was perfect and very nice and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Get together with friends....luv2eatDined on 5/24/2014I have dined here twice for lunch. We go during the day because this location is near a major convention center. It gets hectic in the late afternoon and evening. We have had out-of-town guests and our friends join us here. TB's serve vegetarian and gluten free dishes. I had the grilled chicken salad our friends had the cuban and fish sandwiches. The food is palatable by most standards. They use fresh ingredients. The pina colada cake is a good choice for dessert for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itDenverGregDined on 5/22/2014During our week in Orlando this was my wife's favorite dinner. She is still talking about the macadamia nut crusted snapper as her favorite seafood dish of all time. Great outdoor dining area where you're not next to people walking by. We were able to get same day reservations using OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!P8530Dined on 5/18/2014Tommy Bahama never disappoints! Food is always good and the service top notch! Had a special lunch for my daughters and granddaughters. The staff could not have been more wonderful! Will always be a favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time throughgbalkoDined on 5/13/2014Disappointed that the wine flights were not available anymore. We were not aware of onions in the cole slaw - wouold have helped in making choices.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day DinnerConsistantDined on 5/11/2014We started with coconut shrimp, always delicious, along with a Cosmopolitan, and Mai Tia's. For dinner my wife and daughter had ribs and I had scallop and shrimp. Everything including the service was very good. To top it off the evening on the patio was beautiful.Special Features:
- Just okDissatisfiedDined on 5/11/2014we went to Tommy Bahamas on I- Drive in Orlando for mothers day. we arrived and we were promptly seated. server was great and was on top of everything. the steak was good and cooked correctly but the lobster was over cooked, dry and chewy they brought drawn oil for lobster not butter and the vegetable's were undercooked. for what they charge you would thank you could at least get real drawn butter and a lobster that is not over cooked. other then that everything else was ok.
- Awesome seafoodeseascaperDined on 5/11/2014Love the Crab Bisque...rich but so awesome...The Fish Sandwich is enough to fill a person...for the entire day...the lump crab meat in salad...TDF...a very nice Treat ...Special Features:
- fun dinner weeknightlocalDined on 5/7/2014We enjoy dining here every so often, perhaps every few months or so. This night, our server Shelly made it great, as she was so personable & fun, & knew the menu & libations well. The 2 men at our table enjoyed the rack of ribs, & the 2 women enjoyed the jerk pork tenderloin & seared ahi tuna. We also ordered 2 of the new special seasonal menu appetizers, the ahi tuna taco, & the guacamole, the former of which was out of this world. The guacamole was fresh, & good, but not something that could be found at other dining establishments. There was a small salsa dipper which was different to go with the guac as well. I rarely order pork entrees, & I must tell you that this jerk pork tenderloin with sweet potato mofongo was absolutely divine!Special Features:
- Always goodKenWDined on 5/3/2014We have dined at TB restaurants in many places, and each time the food and service are excellent. This time was no different and our server was attentive and informative with appetizers through dessert. Very nice evening of dining!Special Features:
- The following 614 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando reviews archive.
- great food, too noisywilfridoDined on 4/29/2014unfortunately that night were 3 big groups of 15-20 persons each ( april 29 ) and the level of noise inside was really uncomfortable. the food as always was great. the server very nice. the problem is that night was raining and you cannot accommodate them in the patio to diminish the noise level. bad luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightSaiiaBackDined on 4/25/2014Great food and a fun atmosphere! And it's in a great area...tons to do!Special Features:
- Early DinnerJosephVIPDined on 4/14/2014We dined here yesterday evening while on vacation in the Orlando area. It's a nice restaurant with a "Florida" theme...so I felt like I was eating "local". As a foodie, this is pretty important to me. Good experience overall. Glad the the restaurant validated the valet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.