Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Myrtle Beach
3044 Howard Avenue
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 8438391868
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Colin McClain
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Please contact us about our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining rooms and patios are available for an unforgettable event in PARADISE. Perfect for Bridal and Baby Showers, Corporate and Personal events, contact us for a customized event plan.
- Private Party Contact: Anthea Capella 8438391868
- Entertainment: Enjoy the sounds of live Island Inspired music nightly.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Myrtle Beach
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you're on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great FoodJulieDined on 8/25/2013We got to the Tommy Bahama restaurant every time we are in Myrtle Beach. The food is unique, fresh and tastes great. We have never gotten a dish we did not love. The service is always great. My husband says he thinks this is his favorite restaurant anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good find in an ocean of choiceMikeoNewburyDined on 8/24/2013We used Tripadvisor to find somewhere to have supper and were satisfied with the result. We chose sitting outside on a warm late summer evening rather than in the rather cool dark interior. The food choices suited most palates but the drinks were generally rather expensive. Al in all we enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all around WinnerSpoiledDinersVIPDined on 8/19/2013It's really simple...if you are in Myrtle Beach, SC; and you are looking for solid food, prepared well, served efficiently in a casual but extremely comfortable place--and is kid friendly--then you have found a winner! AND...AND...if you are in the mood for a little shopping spree, there is a great Tommy bahama store right next door that you can walk right into. hands down..this is a winning recipe for success.Special Features:
- This was our first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2013This was our first dining experience at TB and we really enjoyed every aspect of it. The food was much better than we had imagined and the setting was perfect.....and what we expected. My wife even made a quick trip into the store while I was waiting for the check. Very relaxing meal. We are hoping there are more locations in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestGemstoneDined on 8/16/2013Tonight could not have been any better. The Snapper selection was the best entree and came recommended. We were treated as VIP guests even though the restaurant was packed. Make sure you ask for Peleur as your server if you go on Friday and Sat nights, she is the best.Special Features:
- Myrtle Beach HighlightRHaley60Dined on 8/15/2013While we have a condo in Southport NC, we always drive over an hour to take in an evening at this great restaurant! It is always a highlight of our time on the coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++lavasquaredDined on 8/15/2013So good! I went here while on vacation in Myrtle Beach.. and was pleasantly surprised with it!! Food was AMAZING, even my toddler's spaghetti was amazing.. definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2013Simple delicious approachable food. Recommend the parmesan crusted chicken. They also have really good cocktails. The service was amazing, from the hostess that sat us in a seat where we were protected from forecasted rain, to the charming and helpful waitress that helped us make our meal selection and was always around when we needed her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time was near perfectEther813Dined on 8/13/2013No complaints here. Great food if your looking for dinner for a special occasion. Drinks were great, nice large portions for the main course and the atmosphere was wonderful. Had the rib sliders for an appetizer....i thought it was small but only because they tasted so good. Parmesean encrusted chicken was perfect as was the crab stuffed shrimp. If there was one minor issue, main course came out a little too fast, we weren't done with appetizers but it wasnt something that ruined the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Dessy07Dined on 8/13/2013Coconut shrimp are amazing and the chicken and mango salad was fantastic! Great service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Expected a bit more ambiance. After all, the Tommy Bahama logo symbolizes a dress casual, coastal look with a laid back attitude. That being said, I expected live entertainment or at least beach/caribbean music, not pour quality sound from piped in music. That was disappointing but the food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB Tommy'sVillageDined on 8/10/2013The location, atmosphere, service and food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Forgotten aboutSampTamDined on 8/7/2013Waitress was terrible. We let the restaurant know several times we wanted to celebrate my sons birthday and we never got his dessert! He was supposed to have it with the candle. She never told us the specials and forgot our drinks. Food was very good and the resturant was beautiful. Service was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and foodJoshDined on 7/30/2013This was the second time my wife and I had visited Tommy Bahama. We had a wonderful server who was very friendly and interested in providing great service. The food was excellent. I had a blackened mahi-mahi which was wonderful! The atmosphere was great and perfect for a date night. The only cons of the evening is that Tommy Bahama does not offer a house salad and had limited salad options. Our server, while very friendly and talkative to make us feel comfortable slightly disregarded our table before dinner service was over when a new group of people arrived next to us.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2013The food and the service were quite good tonight. The snapper and the ribs were excellent, tasty, hot and more than enough food for both of us. And the Key Lime pie for dessert was great as well, though the portion has been cut down. And the basil grapefruit Martini and Appletini were the best the night we went...kudos to the bartender tonight. We will definitely be back when in Myrtle Beach again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MedicllawDined on 7/22/2013From the moment my wife and I stepped into Tommy Bahamas, we felt like we were on a beautiful Island. Everything from the decor, service and especially the food was beyond outstanding! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLparsaVIPDined on 7/14/2013Stopped late before closing but everyone was extremely courteous and friendly. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time visitDewyDined on 7/13/2013We enjoyed our first visit. Everything was great, as expected, service, food, ambience, etc. Quantitiy of food was very good. We were too full to enjoy a desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodpmk07VIPDined on 7/10/2013TB has excellent food and service. The wait staff was exceptional as well as the manager. He came by, compted our dessert because it took a little too long coming out. This is a restaurant you must dine when in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013Food was excellent! Service was prompt and friendly. Our server gave us great recommendations that were spot on. It was simply a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good timeAubbieVIPDined on 7/4/2013As usual, another good night at TB. Good food and drinks in a nice atmosphere with live music in the bar . Great place to relax and catch up with friends. We will be back next time visiting Myrtle BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!diamondgroupVIPDined on 7/4/2013The she crab soup was very good and rich! The hamburger was fantastic - tasted like ground steak!! Salads were good - very enjoyable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never miss an opportunity to go!DavePVIPDined on 7/3/2013Tommy Bahama is not to be missed, great food and awesome retail store! The best time to go is during the weekly happy hour, great prices and a fun bar scene!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as UsualPaix22Dined on 7/3/2013Our server Catherine was excellent.The manager, Eric was wonderful. Our appetizers and drinks were great. We had filet mignon with cauliflower puree and crab stuffed shrimp with spinach and rice --awesome. The Pina colada cake is incredible..Meal and service 10/10 !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dining;great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2013Stumbled upon the Market Commons in Myrtle Beach. Made a quick reservation to Tommy Bahamas online and got right in. Nice atmosphere, comfortable, and great waiter. Food was very good and reasonable for a tourist/beach area. The kids menu was also a plus for my child who enjoyed dinner too. Love the location and neighborhood. Just wonderful to walk around and shop, or just window shop, before or after dinner. Great selection of stores. Classy, clean, and our new favorite place in Myrtle Beach. I really don't like tourist traps and this is not one. So glad we found Tommy Bahamas and Market Commons. See you next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceClintRDined on 6/29/2013This was my first time dining at a Tommy Bahama restaurant and it was fantastic. The food and service were both excellent and the restaurant was decorated in true TB style. If you like the clothes, you'll enjoy this experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding and imaginative cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013Our experience easily exceeded expectations. The food was outstandingly prepared, right down to the last detail. Taste and variety were spectacular. Service was OUTSTANDING. Our waiter, Keith, made us feel welcome and pampered from the moment we sat down. Even though our reservations were for 8:30, we never felt hurried nor out-of-place. In fact, when we were offered coffee, dessert, and after dinner cocktails following our meal, it became apparent that the staff actually cared more about the customers having a nice, relaxed dining experience than about getting home by 9:15. This attitude is VERY MUCH appreciated in a town where so many restaurants and bars tend to follow the "serve as many and as fast as we can" mantra. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service does notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2013Great food, service does not match the prices. Our server delivered one person's food before everyone else's, then another dish came out incorrect. Slow to process the check and payment. He was good, friendly, but not memorable in any way. The front door staff and manager were slow to acknowledge uw when we arrived. The manager walked away with no greet or eye contact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a chainJimInBelmontDined on 6/18/2013We were looking for a unique seafood dining experience and Tommy Bahama fit the bill. Our server was outstanding and the menu was diverse. The food was quite good but what you would expect from a chain restaurant. Nothing exotic or creative, nothing local. Overall a very solid choice for a dinner out at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fathers day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013My family of 6 went for Fathers day dinner. I had the crab bisque and shrimp and scallops curry style. The food was very good and the service ambiance and price was suprisingly very nice.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDRGxDined on 6/15/2013This was our first trip to Tommy Bahama, but it won't be our last. The service was attentive without being excessive. The food was very good. I had the Thai scallops and shrimp which was very tasty, and the portion size was reasonable. My dining partner had the snapper which he described as excellent. The location of the restaurant is very good as well. It's located in a shopping/dining complex that has lots of options for activities before or after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!bigkahunaVIPDined on 6/14/2013Had a fantastic pre-Father's Day Dinner with my wife and daughter. Everything was exceptional from the cocktails to the dessert.Special Features:
- UnforgettableGemstoneDined on 6/12/2013Ask for Pelaur as your server, you will not regret the experience. Best place in town for a menu specializing in tropical flavors. A must is the Creme Brulee for dessert, a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myrtle Beach Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013Dined here on 6/8, food was outstanding, and the service was top notch. We dined inside but they did offer outside dinning. Live music was a nice surprise and the bar seamed to be busy. Our waiter arrived at our table and was friendly & very knowledgeable about the menu. He took his time discribing the menu entrees we ask about and we never felt rushed. He also informed us that the chef could work with any food allergies or special request that we might have. We ordered the nightly special , swordfish which was excellent and the baby back ribs which were just as the waiter discribed ( fall of the bone ). We like this restaurant so much we have already made another reservation for next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite dining gemHappyDinerVIPDined on 6/8/2013The service and food at this estalishment are always terrific. The wait staff is very attentive. The drinks, in particular the coconut cloud are delicious and just the right pour. I love the booths with the pillows as it helps give an overall different dining experience and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dininglhb87VIPDined on 6/8/2013We dined at Tommy Bahamas with my in-laws. Eating on the patio was great. The food tasted fresh and delicious. I had the coconut crusted crab cakes, and they were great. Our waiter was also attentive in refilling our water glasses. The Market Commons where the restaurant is located shows movies on the lawn after dark, so I'd recommend finding a schedule for that and planning a visit to Tommy Bahamas accordingly!Special Features:
- David WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2013Pork chop was uncooked and then when it came out 2nd time it was dry. disappointed as I usually have a great meal at Tommy Bahamas.
- Friendly, Comfortable & EnjoyableJerseyBoyDined on 5/24/2013I dined here with a couple of my golf buddies. This was one of two seafood places on Open Table. We made a last minute reservation, so it wasn't surprising when the hostest had trouble finding it. She did respond promptly and offered us an outside table. We had to wait a bit for our server. When he arrived, from that point on things improved. Our drinks arrived quickly and were as ordered. We had a nice casual meal. The food was good, but not distinguished. But I must compliment the restaurant for its responsiveness to complaints. My friend made a mild comment that the snapper he had was a little oily. When the check arrived, there was no charge for this entre. Very impressive. I would definitely return to and recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some people may find the menutravelingbuzzardVIPDined on 5/24/2013Some people may find the menu items a little off the beaten path, but we find the choices a nice change of pace. However, we find that whatever your choice, the food is excellent. Our server seemed new, but was very friendly and attentive. It can be a busy place, so a reservation is recommended (especially for larger parties).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Happy Hour in Myrtle Beachnapavalley99VIPDined on 5/17/2013We always go to Tommy Bahamas when we're in Myrtle Beach. We enjoy the Happy Hour at the bar with great drinks and food. There is also entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. The food on the regular menu is also delicious. We especially enjoy the snapper and coconut shrimp. The pineapple coconut cake is the best! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.