Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
68-1330 Mauna Lani Drive # 101
Kamuela, HI 96743Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 8088818686x
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, American
- Executive Chef: Stennis Hirayama
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule
- Special Events: Please join us for Island Time Happy Hour for great deals on small plate signature appetizers and our tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island - Best Restaurants in Kamuela ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)scenic view (24)special occasion (21)romantic (20)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is an excellent spot on the Big Island. It our favorite spot for drinks and we visit it often during our stay.Special Features:
- 33rd Wedding Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Perfect spot for a romantic dinner celebration. 0ur waiter was fantastic and the Manager, Jason, was wonderful. The food and dessert was delicious! Thank you for a very lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT EVENINGKonagalDined on 8/23/2014We love this place. The steak was delicious and perfectly cooked, cocoanut shrimp wonderful and they have our favorite wine: Rombauer Chardonnay. The dessert menu is also a masterpiece of its own:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeKonagirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014We really enjoy the relaxed feeling of this restaurant. The staff is always warm and friendly and the food is fresh tasting and consistently good. We usually make it a pupu dinner as portions are ample. The Ahi poke Napoleon is excellent as is the Chicken tortilla soup. Yum. Ask for TJ if he is available and you will receive great service with a huge handful of Aloha.Special Features:
- yumSSYAVIPDined on 8/22/2014loved the pina colada cake! we'll definitely be back during our next visit to Kona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant sunset diningDuskydinerDined on 8/21/2014Great food, lots of choices in beef and seafood. Balcony dining at sunset was glorious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flys everywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Flys are everywhere. I don't expect bring a fly swater to a resurant like this. Sun bakes you in the resurant if you go before sunset.No sun shades in resturant , Bad design We plan on going to Ruth Chris a few doors down next timeSpecial Features:
- nice restaulantHiroDined on 7/29/2014Server is polite,kind,friendly and good looking. Food was delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama dinnerSTCoachDined on 7/27/2014This was our second time here at TB's in Hawaii. The first time with a group of 12 several years ago and last night with just my wife and me. 1st time 5 stars. This time only 4 stars. TB's is clean, friendly and the food is good. My only negative is that the menu is very limited. I expected more fresh fish items on the menu since we are in Hawaii, but the menu was very generic. TB's is still a good choice for dinner but it seems to be more of a corporate brand now instead of a special place to create a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Can't Keep Tell TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014The restaurant was terrific but the Open Table reservation system was a mess. I made my reservation at 8:39 pm Tuesday evening for dinner the following evening at Tommy Bahama's. When we got there, no reservation. I brought it up on my phone and it turned out you all had made the reservation for Thursday night, not Wednesday. You had my time as 2:39 am Wednesday for making the reservation as if I was on East Coast time., not Hawaii. I was calling from Hawaii for a Hawaii restaurant. Same time zone. One of the people we talked to there said there are a lot of problems with Open Table and that we should call the restaurant directly. Next time we will,. The restaurant was great in terms of its food, service, and willingness to fit us in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaiian sunsetjanieb1123VIPDined on 7/23/2014The perfect island vacation restaurant, TOMMY BAHAMA's didn't disappoint. Four of us caught a sunset dinner over starting with mai tais and appetizer taste treats. All had fish or scallops which were well prepared , nicely prepped with side dishes and arranged artfully on the plates. The service was good and the atmosphere had a Jimmy Buffet easy going feel. we all enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- Sunset diningtartDined on 7/18/2014When on the big island we always go to Tommy Bahamas for dinner at least twice. Love to sit outside at sunset. The service and food are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise settingLucky1947Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent; fish was prepared perfectly The ambience and setting was ideal for the island and all lived up to the great Tommy Bahama name.Special Features:
- Waiter was poordiverjpVIPDined on 7/3/2014Didn't want to light the table candles. Complained the new ones "suck" took 20 minutes to get water to us. Seemed to be drinking. Etc etc
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Food (snapper) was great, nice wine selection; only negative was table of 8 next to us was very loud. I would feturdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchDAC13Dined on 6/28/2014This place will set you back something like $50 a person+, but the food is fit for foodies. The coconut shrimp appetizer is awesome. So are the soups. Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly. We enjoyed the live music in the background. The service was impeccable. If you are looking for a special night out, this is the place.Special Features:
- Tommy's Doesn'T disappointIslandJoy56Dined on 6/6/2014From the moment we were arrived, we were treated with very hospitable, friendly and attentive staff. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a delicious meal from appetizer to dessert complimented by a beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!TheIkeDined on 6/2/2014The food was great, the view wonderful, and the evening was perfect! Our Waiter, TJ, was engaging and efficient! We will always dine there on our trips to the Big Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service/costly errorsHonuDined on 5/26/2014Such a bummer, we come here often but not sure we will be back. Service was terrible and the messed up my meal putting garlic on when I asked 5 times no garlic as I have terrible reactions. Great setting, service is going down hill. SadSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/26/2014An excellent choice for a casual dinner. The food is quite good, especially the Ahi Poke. They serve one of the best Mai Tai's in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 335 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island reviews archive.
- delicious foodveganinparadiseDined on 5/20/2014There are a few vegetarian dishes on the menu that all tasted very delicious and are beyond the usual variety. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy's and the setting sun.TexterDined on 5/16/2014Great food with great view of setting sun over ocean!Special Features:
- Delightful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Our meal and especially our server Faith made for a very pleasant evening. The food was delicious and the cocktails and wine were excellent. We have now enjoyed Tommy Bahama restaurants in Naples, FL, Maui and Hawaii.Special Features:
- Great service & entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2014We tried Tommy Bahama's at the recommendation of a local. Everything was great - the service, the food, and the entertainment. (The entertainment was so good, in fact, I thought we were listening to a James Taylor CD - nope! Live music!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining2tropical808Dined on 4/26/2014This is the one place we frequent when we want to have excellent food and service. Everyone who comes to visit us we have taken to Tommy Bahamas and they love it as well. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. We get to see some beautiful sunset skies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Food is great. A bit pricey but good portions and everything was wonderful;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014Always great food and wonderful view. Servers are helpful and friendly. Outside tables are quieter than inside as the larger groups can be loud. Background music is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If in Waikoloa...gbertolozziVIPDined on 4/20/2014I made reservations for Easter Brunch. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a buffet. I thought the advertising said that there was (back in December/January when I booked). I also thought it was closer to the beach (for views), but it's not. The shopping center is also a bit tired and I don't know if it's on it's way up or down...BUT... ....the food and the service was really good..REALLY. They did have a Easter Brunch menu and it was fabulous. My daughter ordered a veggie burger--didn't like it and the manager took it off the bill. THAT IS SERVICE! There are views but the ocean is very far. If I was staying in the area, I'd go back. But it's not enough to trek 45 min. from Kailua-Kona unless it was a day adventure in the area.Special Features:
- Beth was awesome!upstreamtagVIPDined on 4/12/2014We booked on open table and arrived within 10 minutes. So the opentable system is very fast and we were greeted with traditional Aloha style and waited on by Beth and she was very attentitve, Super nice to my son and wife and we had a great "Linner". We really enjoyed it and will be back. RickSpecial Features:
- Highlight of Island FoodHappyinHawaiiDined on 4/11/2014We were incredibly disappointed with most meals in Hawaii and we were leaving that night and decided to try Tommy Bahamas. I had made, then canceled a reservation earlier in the week because we didn't have a car, so thought we should get there once we got our rental. We were so impressed and thrilled with the restaurant in every aspect. The food was delicious, the ambience was spectacular and the service was outstanding. We didn't think it was any more expensive than anywhere else in the island. And, it was by far the best value since the food was so good. We HIGHLY recommend you visit Tommy Bahamas on your stay in the Big Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Greatest Waiter Ever !!DelbertDined on 3/27/2014waiter Henry was the best guy there he is right on and gave us room to talk and not pushing and gave us time to think about the menu very helpful explaining what each dish was.... We sat on the lanai table of three 27 March 6pm He is very knowledgeable on the menu .. Along with being good looking he worked hard and the best waiter ever ( very humble )...... I'll go back just to have him wait on us again. He is a asset to Tommy Bahama actually he is Tommy Bahama...... He is the man !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedcrawdad5momDined on 3/25/2014There was nothing memorable about this restaurant other than being loud. If you're wanting a quiet dinner, this is not the place. The music was cranked up louder during our dinner which resulted in people talking even louder. No quiet conversation here. The food was only average and the prices were no bargain. No reason to return.
- Fabulous FoodDanoDined on 3/17/2014Could not have been better. Ahi was the best ever, so was the Mahi, and the Shrimp and Scallops.Special Features:
- RelaxBillBVIPDined on 3/9/2014The kitchen must have heeded the Tommy Bahama "relax" slogan because dinner took over 2 hours despite a terrific server. The food isn't good enough to justify the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant Tommy BahamaReadyToTravelVIPDined on 3/6/2014A last minute decission to go to Mauna Lani, TB and use the 20% off coupon. Easy always to book an available time and table. Much better than calling. Very good service. Good consistant food, and the ease of using the coupon, several times if we want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bisque is best!VinnieDined on 2/28/2014Thee crab bisque is excellent - creamy and light with just enough crab chunks to whet your interest. The Nueske's bacon cheeseburger is a fabulous treat with a Wisconsin flair! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FunBRC2272VIPDined on 2/20/2014We have dined twice at Tommy Bahamas at Mauna Lani and we have enjoyed each experience. From the moment you are greeted at the check-in podium all the way through to dessert, the service is just great. Everyone very friendly and accommodating. We have had both fish and meat dishes, all prepared and presented very well. One of my favorites is the Bungalow salad....Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy accommodating.crweedDined on 2/15/2014I have a gluten allergy and was very impressed with the menu substitutions they provided. Both our server and anyone that brought food to the table was very knowledgable about the ingredients and made a point every time a dish was brought to me that it was described as "gluten free" before placed down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just clothesPaullTDined on 2/14/2014Like Ruth's Chris which is in the same development, Tommy's is dependable with good service and food. the Ahi poke and seared Ahi was excellent as was my wife's salad and steak. No problems here. Cost about what you would expect for a nice restaurant on the Big Island and portions were fairly generous.Special Features:
- very well run restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014very well run restaurant. managers everywhere making a difference. Meet both John and Jason and they were terrific!Special Features: