Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
68-1330 Mauna Lani Drive # 101
Kamuela, HI 96743Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (808) 881-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, American
- Executive Chef: Stennis Hirayama
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule
- Special Events: Please join us for Island Time Happy Hour for great deals on small plate signature appetizers and our tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island - Best Restaurants in Kamuela ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (26)special occasion (23)scenic view (20)romantic (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- One major drawbackOuiniVIPDined on 11/9/2014Tommy's remains a place for good food and attentive service BUT the music is overpoweringly loud, annoying, without any coherent theme or connection with Hawaii, or the tropics generally. One grouping included Tom Jones, Johnny Cash and topped off by Over the Rainbow. Please fix this so the ambiance can be appreciated in an otherwise fine restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyler great/honest server for choice selection .NanceDined on 11/8/2014Food delicious, creative and ample! Especially loved rich bisque. Bread yummy and hot. Leave room for dessert. Live music in evening - fun. Went there twice for dinner during 5 night stay. Location in Mana Lani shopping mall, at last drive way, left of round-about, upstairs past Tommy Bahama store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular spot for dining!KenWDined on 11/5/2014We thoroughly enjoy our dining each time we visit this Tommy Bahama's. The location is superb and the food is excellent. We have dined there many times on our visit to Hawaii. One cannot go wrong having lunch, dinner, or even happy hour there. We are becoming regulars!Special Features:
- Perfect foodOuiniVIPDined on 11/2/2014The service is great and well informed; the food was exemplary from appetizer to soufflé. Start with the best Mai Tai on the Big Island knowing that a good Mai Tai is not a tourist throw away drink. The room is busy but not annoyingly soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraybeardGraybeardDined on 11/2/2014Service was outstanding with good music. Food was very good and dessert was fantastic. Extremely flavorful food.Special Features:
- Every timeseethedolphinsVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have the same great experience. Great food and service. And the manager checks on everything. You will love it.Special Features:
- Fun place to eat!dinerddVIPDined on 10/21/2014Some favorites are the Ahi tacos and the chili seared Ahi. Both were in credible.Special Features:
- always reliablegdt1VIPDined on 10/14/2014Service is always superb. Drinks are very Hawaiian and fish is always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!SFFoodieDined on 9/30/2014Consistently good food over the years every time we go. Wait staff exceptional, manager superb! Definitely a go to place when you're on the Big Island. Make sure you try the chicken lollipops and ahi poke before dinner. All entrees yummy AND coconut cake for dessert. Makes my mouth water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prix fixeSSYAVIPDined on 9/27/2014it was nice surprise to find they were offering a prix fixe menu. the other surprise was that they didn't mention one of the fish portions was served "seared". my mom doesn't eat raw & when it showed up on her plate, she wasn't happy because that reduced her meal size.Special Features:
- Charming as alwaysjillFDined on 9/25/2014We have been to several Tommy Bahamas and we have never been disappointed! No matter where you travel, look to see if there's a Tommy's in the area. It will be worth your time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Beautiful sunset on the deck... Amazing service by Helen... Fantastic food on the "Taste of Mauna Lani" menu... Even a call the next day from the manager to thank us for dining with them.. WOWSpecial Features:
- Best Steak I've had in HawaiiBraddahGDined on 9/20/2014This wonderful restaurant has it all. Great service, outstanding food and a tropical ambiance with good live music. A must visit if you are ever on the Kohala Coast. I know, I live here. I hope they ad the NY steak special to their menu with the blue cheese mashed potatoes. Wow....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is an excellent spot on the Big Island. It our favorite spot for drinks and we visit it often during our stay.Special Features:
- 33rd Wedding Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Perfect spot for a romantic dinner celebration. 0ur waiter was fantastic and the Manager, Jason, was wonderful. The food and dessert was delicious! Thank you for a very lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT EVENINGKonagalVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love this place. The steak was delicious and perfectly cooked, cocoanut shrimp wonderful and they have our favorite wine: Rombauer Chardonnay. The dessert menu is also a masterpiece of its own:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeKonagirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014We really enjoy the relaxed feeling of this restaurant. The staff is always warm and friendly and the food is fresh tasting and consistently good. We usually make it a pupu dinner as portions are ample. The Ahi poke Napoleon is excellent as is the Chicken tortilla soup. Yum. Ask for TJ if he is available and you will receive great service with a huge handful of Aloha.Special Features:
- yumSSYAVIPDined on 8/22/2014loved the pina colada cake! we'll definitely be back during our next visit to Kona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant sunset diningDuskydinerDined on 8/21/2014Great food, lots of choices in beef and seafood. Balcony dining at sunset was glorious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flys everywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Flys are everywhere. I don't expect bring a fly swater to a resurant like this. Sun bakes you in the resurant if you go before sunset.No sun shades in resturant , Bad design We plan on going to Ruth Chris a few doors down next timeSpecial Features:
- nice restaulantHiroDined on 7/29/2014Server is polite,kind,friendly and good looking. Food was delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama dinnerSTCoachDined on 7/27/2014This was our second time here at TB's in Hawaii. The first time with a group of 12 several years ago and last night with just my wife and me. 1st time 5 stars. This time only 4 stars. TB's is clean, friendly and the food is good. My only negative is that the menu is very limited. I expected more fresh fish items on the menu since we are in Hawaii, but the menu was very generic. TB's is still a good choice for dinner but it seems to be more of a corporate brand now instead of a special place to create a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Can't Keep Tell TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014The restaurant was terrific but the Open Table reservation system was a mess. I made my reservation at 8:39 pm Tuesday evening for dinner the following evening at Tommy Bahama's. When we got there, no reservation. I brought it up on my phone and it turned out you all had made the reservation for Thursday night, not Wednesday. You had my time as 2:39 am Wednesday for making the reservation as if I was on East Coast time., not Hawaii. I was calling from Hawaii for a Hawaii restaurant. Same time zone. One of the people we talked to there said there are a lot of problems with Open Table and that we should call the restaurant directly. Next time we will,. The restaurant was great in terms of its food, service, and willingness to fit us in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaiian sunsetjanieb1123VIPDined on 7/23/2014The perfect island vacation restaurant, TOMMY BAHAMA's didn't disappoint. Four of us caught a sunset dinner over starting with mai tais and appetizer taste treats. All had fish or scallops which were well prepared , nicely prepped with side dishes and arranged artfully on the plates. The service was good and the atmosphere had a Jimmy Buffet easy going feel. we all enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- The following 345 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island reviews archive.
- Sunset diningtartDined on 7/18/2014When on the big island we always go to Tommy Bahamas for dinner at least twice. Love to sit outside at sunset. The service and food are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise settingLucky1947VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent; fish was prepared perfectly The ambience and setting was ideal for the island and all lived up to the great Tommy Bahama name.Special Features:
- Waiter was poordiverjpVIPDined on 7/3/2014Didn't want to light the table candles. Complained the new ones "suck" took 20 minutes to get water to us. Seemed to be drinking. Etc etc
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Food (snapper) was great, nice wine selection; only negative was table of 8 next to us was very loud. I would feturdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchDAC13Dined on 6/28/2014This place will set you back something like $50 a person+, but the food is fit for foodies. The coconut shrimp appetizer is awesome. So are the soups. Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly. We enjoyed the live music in the background. The service was impeccable. If you are looking for a special night out, this is the place.Special Features:
- Tommy's Doesn'T disappointIslandJoy56Dined on 6/6/2014From the moment we were arrived, we were treated with very hospitable, friendly and attentive staff. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a delicious meal from appetizer to dessert complimented by a beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!TheIkeDined on 6/2/2014The food was great, the view wonderful, and the evening was perfect! Our Waiter, TJ, was engaging and efficient! We will always dine there on our trips to the Big Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service/costly errorsHonuDined on 5/26/2014Such a bummer, we come here often but not sure we will be back. Service was terrible and the messed up my meal putting garlic on when I asked 5 times no garlic as I have terrible reactions. Great setting, service is going down hill. SadSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/26/2014An excellent choice for a casual dinner. The food is quite good, especially the Ahi Poke. They serve one of the best Mai Tai's in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodveganinparadiseDined on 5/20/2014There are a few vegetarian dishes on the menu that all tasted very delicious and are beyond the usual variety. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy's and the setting sun.TexterVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great food with great view of setting sun over ocean!Special Features:
- Delightful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014Our meal and especially our server Faith made for a very pleasant evening. The food was delicious and the cocktails and wine were excellent. We have now enjoyed Tommy Bahama restaurants in Naples, FL, Maui and Hawaii.Special Features:
- Great service & entertainmentjenn5280Dined on 4/29/2014We tried Tommy Bahama's at the recommendation of a local. Everything was great - the service, the food, and the entertainment. (The entertainment was so good, in fact, I thought we were listening to a James Taylor CD - nope! Live music!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining2tropical808Dined on 4/26/2014This is the one place we frequent when we want to have excellent food and service. Everyone who comes to visit us we have taken to Tommy Bahamas and they love it as well. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. We get to see some beautiful sunset skies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Food is great. A bit pricey but good portions and everything was wonderful;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014Always great food and wonderful view. Servers are helpful and friendly. Outside tables are quieter than inside as the larger groups can be loud. Background music is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.