Tommy Bahama - New York
551 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 2125370960
- Hours of Operation:
Tommy Bahama will be open for Lunch, Dinner, and Drinks Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Tommy Bahama - New York
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and excellent food food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (76)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (47)vibrant bar scene (45)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (25)hot spot (23)romantic (19)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (12)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good FoodSamGDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has an upscale ambiance and it was quiet on a saturday afternoon. The food was good not great but good. My friend doesn't like Quinoa and she ate it, so I would say not bad food at all. Their menu was very short I would like to see few more items on it. I was impressed that they had separate Vegetarian Menu. Would I go back? I don't know...maybe
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Meet up with a friend for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. Good thing we made reservations, this place got busy fast. Service was outstanding. Atmospher was fun. Overall - I would recommend going for a nice lunch date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like you are outside NYCIsabellaVIPDined on 10/9/2014I came across this place by accident when looking for a new midtown east lunch spot instead of a pub. The place has this island feel and you don't realise that downstairs is the crazy NYC . Food is great, craft bar so cocktails are great and wait staff is attentive, willing to accommodate changes to a menu item. I have gone 3 times in less than 2 weeks. Everyone I take there says they will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDebGDined on 10/8/2014The food and the service are just top notch. The manager even came by several times to make recommendations and demonstrated a great deal of knowledge on the Tommy Bahama brand and company as a whole. Very impressed!Special Features:
- A nice respite from the hub-bub.FundguyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Just off 5th Avenue, up a flight of stairs, sits a mini-vacation spot. You truly get a tropical vibe as soon as you enter, and even though it's all just pretend, it's fun. The food and service are fine -- nothing you would make a special trip for, but certainly good enough that no one is likely to complain. My suggestion is -- if you are in the nabe, give it a try. Most likely, you will be glad you did.Special Features:
- Excellent!!PMG216VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food here never fails. The quality and freshness of the fish and shrimp are always perfect. We come here often and this week I tried the crab cakes. Amazing!! The sweet and spicy chile sauce was a perfect counterpoint to the gorgeous cakes. We just got back from Maryland - TB's crab cakes were WAAAY BETTER! Can't wait for the new additions to the Autumn menu. Great drinks, great food, friendly perfect service -GO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow great food and vibeamazingVIPDined on 10/3/2014I am so so glad I found them on opentable. It was a last minute find and well worth it. Signature drinks fantastic. Table bread amazing. Ceasar salad tasty and the parm chicken stuffed with cheese and pepper was out of this world. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of City Feel, Outstanding SvcIsabellaVIPDined on 10/3/2014First time here after working in the area, the place has a feel like you are escaping the City. It is a craft bar so all the cocktails taste delicious and service is fantastic . Although the menu has excellent choices they are willing , and with pleasure to customise based on requests . Will def return.Special Features:
- Nice lunchMellVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a lovely lunch! Tuna tacos for starter were excellent. And the Key Lime pie was divine. Our server was fantastic!
- Good foodDiningNYC2013Dined on 9/27/2014I admittedly ate here because it reminds me of my trips to Hawaii and eating at the Tommy Bahamas restaurant there. This certainly was not the same and the prices are a little more expensive than usual, but I did enjoy coming here and feeling a little more laid back about living in Manhattan. Drinks are strong. It does remind me of a chain restaurant in many ways, but it did have neat views of Manhattan and I enjoyed being surrounded by plants and mentally thinking I was in Hawaii.Special Features:
- consistentIluvfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014it's become a go to when i need something near grand central but they're overpriced with some dishesSpecial Features:
- Good food but bizarre serviceExtranjeroVIPDined on 9/24/2014Good, solid midtown lunch option with actual entree salads and a long list of good fish dishes for reasonable prices. Also a fantastic place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tropics in NYCStephNYCVIPDined on 9/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I was expecting a heavily tourist/shopping crowd but found the opposite. There were many business people which made the busy restaurant a place where I would have a business lunch and not have to yell to be heard. The food came piping hot and it was delicious. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!SurpriseVIPDined on 9/18/2014Tommy Bahamas is centrally located on Fifth Ave. and 45th St. Great food and service. Try the coconut martini or other unique tropical drinks. Awesome dessert list from key lime pie to butterscotch pudding with choc syrup to vanilla bean/pineapple creme brûlée. This popular place can be noisy, depending how full it is. Ask to sit in the back. Also, they often have a singer near the upstairs bar. Often they are mediocre and just add to the noise level. Try to choose a less popular time or day to go, but go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGGPMVIPDined on 9/18/2014Three different fish, one vegetarian burger, all excellent. Under a tight time schedule, service was spot on. A surprise find, but we found the Open Table rating accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFrompusVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was wonderful. The only concern is that while I was there it had live entertainment making it somewhat loud.Special Features:
- Wonderful - again!PMG216VIPDined on 9/15/2014We returned on Monday to find the restaurant a bit quieter but lively with several groups and a different music scene which we liked better. The food is always good, fresh, simply but interestingly prepared. I always get the Bungalow Salad and wish I could eat that every day. I got adventurous and ordered the veggie burger which is house-made, primarily black bean and brown rice on a lovely toasted brioche bun with perfectly ripe avocado and good tomatoes. They forgot the fries at first but quickly brought out a basket of better than average, perfectly cooked French fries. We are becoming kind of regulars here and had a nice conversation with Chris the manager who clearly is passionate about the mission of the place-great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect combinationJayceeDined on 9/14/2014It was nice to find a upscale restaurant, with great food and a great atmosphere that's also kid friendly. I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday but also bring the baby who's birthday was only a few days prior. The food and staff were great. I also liked the extensive cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, Nice Ambiance,Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is ok... some hits, some misses. Love the decor and spacious open seating area. Lean waitstaff had to service too many tables so service suffered... also, kitchen was very slow. Good drinks.
- Excellent food, but too noisyPickyeaterDined on 9/12/2014This could be a great restaurant - the food was excellent, the service very attentive and the decor very plesant. But it was spoiled by the excessive noise from the downstairs bar area and the band. We couldn't hold a conversation because of the noise. Also we felt a bit rushed as the staff delivered the main course while we were still finishing the starters. Please address this and then we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- shopping & food, life is gooddininghealth1VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was quite good, on the expensive side, the feta cheese was missing from our salads, which was shown as one of the main ingredients...they said they were out of feta, so they brought parmasan, not quite the same. And there was also supposed to be avacado, which was not really visable, but the manager brought some extra to our table. Only one cracker was served with the salad. But all in all the taste was good, although the salad was about $20 for lunch. The desserts looked decadent, and the chocolate cake was scrumptious. The restaurant itself was very attractive, but definitely on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch in MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Eat in the bar. It's perfect for small groups having a business lunch. It's quiet without being deadly and the food is the same healthy and tasty food that is available in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentPMG216VIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a favorite spot of ours particularly pre-theater. It is close enough to the show without being a tacky restaurant row joint. The coconut shrimp were crisp, fresh, perfectly cooked.macadamia crusted snapper is sinfully delicious. Our server Anthony was friendly & professional.since we come here so often Chris the manager very generously comped our appetizers. The singer in the bar area was again a little off key, too loud, and annoying but everything else is wonderful.skews a little touristy but we live in Manhattan and can choose to go just about anywhere yet we find this place to be one of our very favorites. Thank you Chris. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPatW1VIPDined on 9/4/2014I love this place. Great food. Great service. it's our 'go to' place where we meet once a month to have a good time and excellent food.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama ... Charming!MAMDomerDined on 8/25/2014Great service with unique meals. Great drinks. Love the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentItalyDined on 8/22/2014Consistent good food. Plantains are great. Service solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food is consistently excellent. Service is upbeat. And the music is very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scizzahsVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service was slow but food was very good. Took a long time to get our initial drinks and then even longer to get the food. We both ordered Salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A castaway place on Fifth AvecozyfindDined on 8/16/2014Going to Tommy Bahama Resturant is like being on an island for a few hours. You can kinda transform relaxation in those cozy booths with the great pillows. Dine on almost anything from appetisers to main dishes, they are very good and destintive. The crab bisque is worth repeating and I have. The drinks are very good too. The bahama mama is a favorite. The service is very couteous,swift and accomodating. No problem for special requests. The ambience is low key with appropriate live music on Saturday nite. I found it very relaxing and will definately return again with my girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missPickyEatersDined on 8/14/2014Some dishes were good, others were so so. The ahi poke Napoleon - flat bread was stale, not good enough to order again The coconut shrimp - a lot of people like it but I didn't find it to be phenomenal. It wasn't bad. The ahi tuna taco - also ok but not memorable and would not order again. The kona coffee crusted rib eye - I've had better but then this is not a steakhouse. The pineapple creme brûlée - yummy!Special Features:
- A good lunch time venue.EminyDined on 8/11/2014A pleasant lunchtime venue, with a good bar for the evenings.Special Features:
- As good as MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We love Tommy's in Hawaii and we were cautious on the NYC location but are really happy we went. Menu and food were great, deserts were really good and service was attentive. Not quite the same as sitting on a lanai and watching the palm trees over dinner but had a great meal and glad we went to the NYC locationSpecial Features:
- Delish fish tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Staff is always smiling, helpful, and attentive. Switched us to a quieter table away from the very loud live music. Even with this move, the live music is way too loud for dinner dining, the only negative aspect of this night there. Otherwise, the service, as mentioned, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Just a fantastic time, as alwaysAnaBananaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I took my daughter for dinner last night at Tommy Bahama and she was so impressed! We were pampered! It is so nice to be recognized as a costumer and appreciated for it. The crew at Tommy Bahama is exceptional – they are fantastically trained to make your lunch or dining experience the best possible...Special Features:
- consistently a pleasureRTBJrDined on 8/2/2014Never fails - always great service, drink, food, music.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama NYC with 21 yr oldselm5Dined on 8/2/2014Our meal at this restaurant was a spontaneous, early dinner for my college age kids and I after touring Rockerfeller Center. It's up a wooden spiral staircase that leads to the restaurant with a nautical, carribean decor. Our waiter was enthusiastic, attentive and very knowledgeable when asked questions about the menu. The food took some time coming out even though the restaurant was almost empty. The kids liked their selections however the crab cakes I ordered as an entree were cold but I was starving so I didn't ask for them to be reheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food , nice decor, but...BbjeanneDined on 8/1/2014We had read reviews and thought this was a great choice for our visit to NYC with our 17 year old niece . At 9:15 on a Friday night , the restaurant was almost empty . It was so disappointing , although there was live music ! The service was fine , the food was very good but unfortunately, much of it was Just warm inspite of how empty it was. The mashed potatoes , with the very good pork tenderloin , were semi hard and getting crusty because they were sitting out at room temperature it seemed . A shame because if it was vibrant and the food was hot I would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchFreshiesDined on 8/1/2014Had a work lunch here. Food was delicious but they took over 30 mins to bring us the food from when we ordered. "Lost ticket - never printed out". They did make it up to us by comping the beers. Would still go back.Special Features:
- KitKatDined on 7/30/2014This was my first time having dinner at Tommy Bahamas and loved it. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the food was delicious. I will definitely be dining at this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:
- Great for a work dinner/lunchKatieBreenDined on 7/30/2014You'd think this place would be touristy....but not at all. Great spot for midtown business dinner or lunch. food is always great. This time service was a little rushed...even though they werent that busy.Special Features: