Tommy Bahama - New York
551 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tommybahama.com/
- Phone: (212) 537-0960
- Hours of Operation:
Tommy Bahama will be open for Lunch, Dinner, and Drinks Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Tommy Bahama - New York
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and excellent food food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (62)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (46)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (26)special occasion (20)kid-friendly (18)romantic (16)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Typical TB and That's GreatCoalCarVIPDined on 11/21/2014We love dining at Tommy Bahama restaurants. There's something to be said for being able to expect the same quality in food and service every time. We love dining in new unique spots but always stop at TB if there's one at our destination and we always happy we did. Each restaurant has a few touches of its own but there are familiar items on the menu that we always enjoy. Full disclosure: Initially, we were drawn to TB restaurants because one of our sons is a corporate employee of theirs but we seek them out because we loved what we found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL DISCOVERYZoeZVIPDined on 11/14/2014Found on Open Table and read reviews - this place really lived up to the multiple great reviews for food, service, and ambienc. We ensjoyed a pre-theatre meal with excellent/lovely service - and everyone at our table loved the dishes they ordered which included crab cakes, bass, succotash side, and another fish. Wine was excellent - and the only draw back was the noise level - and so we asked for the quietest location - and we were seated in an area that allowed us to converse nicely. The live music was nice, but made for a loud environment. We would all definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find Your Beach on 5th AvenueFranGVIPDined on 11/13/2014We have dined at several Tommy Bahama restaurants but had our doubts about one on 5th Avenue. Well, this one WAS different because of its lively bar/lounge. Drinks are well done, and so was the food. Ambiance - not quite as tropical as we are used to. Hey! After all it IS 5th Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but loud atmosphere and late platingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014Nice food, with a mix of standard fare with some interesting twists. Food was excellent and server was doing best to help us and keep us happy despite the wait. For the first hour around 7-8PM, the place was so noisy that we had to practically shout to converse. Afterwards, the place quieted down substantially and was fine. The food was delayed by about 20 minutes I would guess. Not the end of the world, but it impacted the transition of drinks and appetizers to the full dinner. Overall, nice food but be prepared for a bit louder than 'moderate' which is what OpenTable said it was.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014Had a fablous dining experience at Tommy Bahanas. Food - Ambinace - Service was truly incredible. The staff was more than helpful. Our server Cynithia was wonderful.Special Features:
- A GemBritchickNYDined on 11/5/2014Very surprise as I thought this was just a clothing store. Restaurant was upstairs. Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff and fast service. Overall experience as fabulous. I will return!Special Features:
- Busy WednesdayOverbookedVIPDined on 11/5/2014Overbooked, our 1:00 lunch reservation was not seated until 1:20, hostess was not polite. We've been here previous times for lunch and never experienced these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster BLT??UninspiredVIPDined on 11/4/2014Love Tommy's for dinner. Went for lunch and had the Lobster BLT. BLT? Really? The plate was mostly french fries apart from ta tiny mound of lettuce stacked on two very small pieces of bread about the size and width of your finger with an incredibly small portion of lobster mince I would call it - certainly not lobster chunks - sprinkled on top. No bacon to be found anywhere. My colleague had the portobello salad which she liked so I would go back but stay away from the lobster-less BLT!
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Food was delicious, ambience as well. There was live entertainment. Fun bar scene as well as dinner scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppreciatesrgfDined on 10/30/2014First time there, not the last. Perfect dinner and enjoy every minute there. Service very very nice.Special Features:
- Perfect respite when shoppingfoodloverVIPDined on 10/29/2014A great place to meet friends for lunch and drinks. The food and service are good and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and creative foodAtlantaJaneVIPDined on 10/27/2014I really enjoyed the menu with tropical overtones -- coconut shrimp, crab and avocado salad, etc. The chicken tortilla soup needed a little more piquancy (perhaps some fresh lime and tortilla strips) but overall I loved our lunch there.Special Features:
- MikeyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Surprisingly good and moderately priced fish. Nice quiet spot in the middle of NYC. While a chain restaurant it was a good pre theatre choice for us. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the ShowBBQLoverDined on 10/25/2014Had an early dinner here after seeing a matinee performance. The meal and the service were both top-notch. I would be happy to dine here again anytime.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceJamesinhopewellDined on 10/25/2014We selected this restaurant for location, ambiance and menu selections. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor overlooking 5th Avenue. Unfortunately, we found the service unprofessional and unattentive. Drinks were spilled on the table and orders were delivered not cooked to order. One hi-lite, the coconut shrimp appetizer was tastefull and recommened.Special Features:
- Very good service, drinks & foodMinygrlDined on 10/24/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed fancy drinks, wine and dinner before a show. Everything was delicious and our server was conscientious of our time needs. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestPatW1VIPDined on 10/23/2014always go here with friends.. Downstairs and upstairs are both excellent places to drink and dine with friendsSpecial Features:
- Excellent fish tacos!DannyFVIPDined on 10/21/2014Can't really suggest anything else as I always get the blackened fish tacos!! Keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSamGDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has an upscale ambiance and it was quiet on a saturday afternoon. The food was good not great but good. My friend doesn't like Quinoa and she ate it, so I would say not bad food at all. Their menu was very short I would like to see few more items on it. I was impressed that they had separate Vegetarian Menu. Would I go back? I don't know...maybe
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Meet up with a friend for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. Good thing we made reservations, this place got busy fast. Service was outstanding. Atmospher was fun. Overall - I would recommend going for a nice lunch date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like you are outside NYCIsabellaVIPDined on 10/9/2014I came across this place by accident when looking for a new midtown east lunch spot instead of a pub. The place has this island feel and you don't realise that downstairs is the crazy NYC . Food is great, craft bar so cocktails are great and wait staff is attentive, willing to accommodate changes to a menu item. I have gone 3 times in less than 2 weeks. Everyone I take there says they will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDebGVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and the service are just top notch. The manager even came by several times to make recommendations and demonstrated a great deal of knowledge on the Tommy Bahama brand and company as a whole. Very impressed!Special Features:
- A nice respite from the hub-bub.FundguyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Just off 5th Avenue, up a flight of stairs, sits a mini-vacation spot. You truly get a tropical vibe as soon as you enter, and even though it's all just pretend, it's fun. The food and service are fine -- nothing you would make a special trip for, but certainly good enough that no one is likely to complain. My suggestion is -- if you are in the nabe, give it a try. Most likely, you will be glad you did.Special Features:
- Excellent!!PMG216VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food here never fails. The quality and freshness of the fish and shrimp are always perfect. We come here often and this week I tried the crab cakes. Amazing!! The sweet and spicy chile sauce was a perfect counterpoint to the gorgeous cakes. We just got back from Maryland - TB's crab cakes were WAAAY BETTER! Can't wait for the new additions to the Autumn menu. Great drinks, great food, friendly perfect service -GO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow great food and vibeamazingVIPDined on 10/3/2014I am so so glad I found them on opentable. It was a last minute find and well worth it. Signature drinks fantastic. Table bread amazing. Ceasar salad tasty and the parm chicken stuffed with cheese and pepper was out of this world. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of City Feel, Outstanding SvcIsabellaVIPDined on 10/3/2014First time here after working in the area, the place has a feel like you are escaping the City. It is a craft bar so all the cocktails taste delicious and service is fantastic . Although the menu has excellent choices they are willing , and with pleasure to customise based on requests . Will def return.Special Features:
- Nice lunchMellVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a lovely lunch! Tuna tacos for starter were excellent. And the Key Lime pie was divine. Our server was fantastic!
- Good foodDiningNYC2013Dined on 9/27/2014I admittedly ate here because it reminds me of my trips to Hawaii and eating at the Tommy Bahamas restaurant there. This certainly was not the same and the prices are a little more expensive than usual, but I did enjoy coming here and feeling a little more laid back about living in Manhattan. Drinks are strong. It does remind me of a chain restaurant in many ways, but it did have neat views of Manhattan and I enjoyed being surrounded by plants and mentally thinking I was in Hawaii.Special Features:
- consistentIluvfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014it's become a go to when i need something near grand central but they're overpriced with some dishesSpecial Features:
- Good food but bizarre serviceExtranjeroVIPDined on 9/24/2014Good, solid midtown lunch option with actual entree salads and a long list of good fish dishes for reasonable prices. Also a fantastic place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tropics in NYCStephNYCVIPDined on 9/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I was expecting a heavily tourist/shopping crowd but found the opposite. There were many business people which made the busy restaurant a place where I would have a business lunch and not have to yell to be heard. The food came piping hot and it was delicious. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!SurpriseVIPDined on 9/18/2014Tommy Bahamas is centrally located on Fifth Ave. and 45th St. Great food and service. Try the coconut martini or other unique tropical drinks. Awesome dessert list from key lime pie to butterscotch pudding with choc syrup to vanilla bean/pineapple creme brûlée. This popular place can be noisy, depending how full it is. Ask to sit in the back. Also, they often have a singer near the upstairs bar. Often they are mediocre and just add to the noise level. Try to choose a less popular time or day to go, but go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGGPMVIPDined on 9/18/2014Three different fish, one vegetarian burger, all excellent. Under a tight time schedule, service was spot on. A surprise find, but we found the Open Table rating accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFrompusVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was wonderful. The only concern is that while I was there it had live entertainment making it somewhat loud.Special Features:
- Wonderful - again!PMG216VIPDined on 9/15/2014We returned on Monday to find the restaurant a bit quieter but lively with several groups and a different music scene which we liked better. The food is always good, fresh, simply but interestingly prepared. I always get the Bungalow Salad and wish I could eat that every day. I got adventurous and ordered the veggie burger which is house-made, primarily black bean and brown rice on a lovely toasted brioche bun with perfectly ripe avocado and good tomatoes. They forgot the fries at first but quickly brought out a basket of better than average, perfectly cooked French fries. We are becoming kind of regulars here and had a nice conversation with Chris the manager who clearly is passionate about the mission of the place-great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect combinationJayceeDined on 9/14/2014It was nice to find a upscale restaurant, with great food and a great atmosphere that's also kid friendly. I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday but also bring the baby who's birthday was only a few days prior. The food and staff were great. I also liked the extensive cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, Nice Ambiance,Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is ok... some hits, some misses. Love the decor and spacious open seating area. Lean waitstaff had to service too many tables so service suffered... also, kitchen was very slow. Good drinks.
- Excellent food, but too noisyPickyeaterDined on 9/12/2014This could be a great restaurant - the food was excellent, the service very attentive and the decor very plesant. But it was spoiled by the excessive noise from the downstairs bar area and the band. We couldn't hold a conversation because of the noise. Also we felt a bit rushed as the staff delivered the main course while we were still finishing the starters. Please address this and then we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- shopping & food, life is gooddininghealth1VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was quite good, on the expensive side, the feta cheese was missing from our salads, which was shown as one of the main ingredients...they said they were out of feta, so they brought parmasan, not quite the same. And there was also supposed to be avacado, which was not really visable, but the manager brought some extra to our table. Only one cracker was served with the salad. But all in all the taste was good, although the salad was about $20 for lunch. The desserts looked decadent, and the chocolate cake was scrumptious. The restaurant itself was very attractive, but definitely on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch in MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Eat in the bar. It's perfect for small groups having a business lunch. It's quiet without being deadly and the food is the same healthy and tasty food that is available in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.