Tommy Bahama - New York
551 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 2125370960
- Hours of Operation:
Tommy Bahama will be open for Lunch, Dinner, and Drinks Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason Krantz
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Tommy Bahama - New York
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and excellent food food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
For more information, contact NewYorkEvents@tommybahama.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (93)good for groups (70)vibrant bar scene (56)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (37)hot spot (30)romantic (26)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (20)scenic view (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful - again!PMG216VIPDined on 9/15/2014We returned on Monday to find the restaurant a bit quieter but lively with several groups and a different music scene which we liked better. The food is always good, fresh, simply but interestingly prepared. I always get the Bungalow Salad and wish I could eat that every day. I got adventurous and ordered the veggie burger which is house-made, primarily black bean and brown rice on a lovely toasted brioche bun with perfectly ripe avocado and good tomatoes. They forgot the fries at first but quickly brought out a basket of better than average, perfectly cooked French fries. We are becoming kind of regulars here and had a nice conversation with Chris the manager who clearly is passionate about the mission of the place-great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect combinationJayceeDined on 9/14/2014It was nice to find a upscale restaurant, with great food and a great atmosphere that's also kid friendly. I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday but also bring the baby who's birthday was only a few days prior. The food and staff were great. I also liked the extensive cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, Nice Ambiance,Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is ok... some hits, some misses. Love the decor and spacious open seating area. Lean waitstaff had to service too many tables so service suffered... also, kitchen was very slow. Good drinks.
- Excellent food, but too noisyPickyeaterDined on 9/12/2014This could be a great restaurant - the food was excellent, the service very attentive and the decor very plesant. But it was spoiled by the excessive noise from the downstairs bar area and the band. We couldn't hold a conversation because of the noise. Also we felt a bit rushed as the staff delivered the main course while we were still finishing the starters. Please address this and then we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- shopping & food, life is gooddininghealth1VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was quite good, on the expensive side, the feta cheese was missing from our salads, which was shown as one of the main ingredients...they said they were out of feta, so they brought parmasan, not quite the same. And there was also supposed to be avacado, which was not really visable, but the manager brought some extra to our table. Only one cracker was served with the salad. But all in all the taste was good, although the salad was about $20 for lunch. The desserts looked decadent, and the chocolate cake was scrumptious. The restaurant itself was very attractive, but definitely on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch in MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Eat in the bar. It's perfect for small groups having a business lunch. It's quiet without being deadly and the food is the same healthy and tasty food that is available in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentPMG216VIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a favorite spot of ours particularly pre-theater. It is close enough to the show without being a tacky restaurant row joint. The coconut shrimp were crisp, fresh, perfectly cooked.macadamia crusted snapper is sinfully delicious. Our server Anthony was friendly & professional.since we come here so often Chris the manager very generously comped our appetizers. The singer in the bar area was again a little off key, too loud, and annoying but everything else is wonderful.skews a little touristy but we live in Manhattan and can choose to go just about anywhere yet we find this place to be one of our very favorites. Thank you Chris. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPatW1VIPDined on 9/4/2014I love this place. Great food. Great service. it's our 'go to' place where we meet once a month to have a good time and excellent food.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama ... Charming!MAMDomerDined on 8/25/2014Great service with unique meals. Great drinks. Love the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentItalyDined on 8/22/2014Consistent good food. Plantains are great. Service solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food is consistently excellent. Service is upbeat. And the music is very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scizzahsVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service was slow but food was very good. Took a long time to get our initial drinks and then even longer to get the food. We both ordered Salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A castaway place on Fifth AvecozyfindDined on 8/16/2014Going to Tommy Bahama Resturant is like being on an island for a few hours. You can kinda transform relaxation in those cozy booths with the great pillows. Dine on almost anything from appetisers to main dishes, they are very good and destintive. The crab bisque is worth repeating and I have. The drinks are very good too. The bahama mama is a favorite. The service is very couteous,swift and accomodating. No problem for special requests. The ambience is low key with appropriate live music on Saturday nite. I found it very relaxing and will definately return again with my girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missPickyEatersDined on 8/14/2014Some dishes were good, others were so so. The ahi poke Napoleon - flat bread was stale, not good enough to order again The coconut shrimp - a lot of people like it but I didn't find it to be phenomenal. It wasn't bad. The ahi tuna taco - also ok but not memorable and would not order again. The kona coffee crusted rib eye - I've had better but then this is not a steakhouse. The pineapple creme brûlée - yummy!Special Features:
- A good lunch time venue.EminyDined on 8/11/2014A pleasant lunchtime venue, with a good bar for the evenings.Special Features:
- As good as MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We love Tommy's in Hawaii and we were cautious on the NYC location but are really happy we went. Menu and food were great, deserts were really good and service was attentive. Not quite the same as sitting on a lanai and watching the palm trees over dinner but had a great meal and glad we went to the NYC locationSpecial Features:
- Delish fish tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Staff is always smiling, helpful, and attentive. Switched us to a quieter table away from the very loud live music. Even with this move, the live music is way too loud for dinner dining, the only negative aspect of this night there. Otherwise, the service, as mentioned, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Just a fantastic time, as alwaysAnaBananaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I took my daughter for dinner last night at Tommy Bahama and she was so impressed! We were pampered! It is so nice to be recognized as a costumer and appreciated for it. The crew at Tommy Bahama is exceptional – they are fantastically trained to make your lunch or dining experience the best possible...Special Features:
- consistently a pleasureRTBJrDined on 8/2/2014Never fails - always great service, drink, food, music.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama NYC with 21 yr oldselm5Dined on 8/2/2014Our meal at this restaurant was a spontaneous, early dinner for my college age kids and I after touring Rockerfeller Center. It's up a wooden spiral staircase that leads to the restaurant with a nautical, carribean decor. Our waiter was enthusiastic, attentive and very knowledgeable when asked questions about the menu. The food took some time coming out even though the restaurant was almost empty. The kids liked their selections however the crab cakes I ordered as an entree were cold but I was starving so I didn't ask for them to be reheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food , nice decor, but...BbjeanneDined on 8/1/2014We had read reviews and thought this was a great choice for our visit to NYC with our 17 year old niece . At 9:15 on a Friday night , the restaurant was almost empty . It was so disappointing , although there was live music ! The service was fine , the food was very good but unfortunately, much of it was Just warm inspite of how empty it was. The mashed potatoes , with the very good pork tenderloin , were semi hard and getting crusty because they were sitting out at room temperature it seemed . A shame because if it was vibrant and the food was hot I would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchFreshiesDined on 8/1/2014Had a work lunch here. Food was delicious but they took over 30 mins to bring us the food from when we ordered. "Lost ticket - never printed out". They did make it up to us by comping the beers. Would still go back.Special Features:
- KitKatDined on 7/30/2014This was my first time having dinner at Tommy Bahamas and loved it. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the food was delicious. I will definitely be dining at this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:
- Great for a work dinner/lunchKatieBreenDined on 7/30/2014You'd think this place would be touristy....but not at all. Great spot for midtown business dinner or lunch. food is always great. This time service was a little rushed...even though they werent that busy.Special Features:
- goldiniVIPDined on 7/28/2014Lots of yummy, interesting options for lunch in a second floor space with a Key West vibe.Special Features:
- Perfect!MMandCMDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful experience on Saturday night at Tommy Bahama. Girls night out with my sisters, daughter and nieces. Started with a Broadway play, dinner at Tommy Bahama's and then cocktails at a great roof top bar (recommended by our Tommy Bahama waiter and new friend Anthony). The atmosphere was perfect (bright, airy and comfortable), the food was delicious and Anthony took care of our every need. We will definitely come back again. Thank you Tommy Bahama for hiring good people who love their job and care about their customers. Five Stars!Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama - Fun PlaceBetsyDined on 7/26/2014Nice atmosphere with a Caribbean vibe. Unusual drinks and food was very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for lunchLITTLEONE102VIPDined on 7/24/2014Took a coworker here for lunch and we were very impressed. The atmosphere was a perfect fit for the Tommy Bahama brand. Food was excellent if a little pricy. Try the burger. You won't leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool after work spotLisaLegalDined on 7/21/2014Nice Caribbean feel. Drinks were the highlight of the night for me with the food being secondary. Service was good. My server's dry humor was good for me, maybe not for everyone though. I asked for something not usually carried in house and they actually went out and got it for me to ensure I enjoyed my meal. I would go back just because of that and did I mention the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always so freshMishDined on 7/17/2014Had lunch here several times and we've always been very satisfied with the service although it could be slow. It's always crowded cause the good is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- items delayedSprattskiDined on 7/17/2014We always enjoy dining at Tommy Bahama's. This time it was to thank our summer intern for her hard work. Everything was great. Just two concerns: 1. we had to wait a long time for the coffee and 2. all the other deserts came out but the creme brulee. Took so very long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good. Will definitely returnJustbecauseDined on 7/16/2014We were a small group of 3 The decor and atmosphere was very nice. I felt like I was on vacation. We ordered a bottle of white wine (Laurenz - Austria)...very good,and we each ordered the hamburger meals with fries....also very good. Would like to definitely go back and try other options from the menu. Recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great midtown lunch spot and happy hour great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama is great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014In the desert of good food with a nice atmosphere that is midtown, Tommy Bahama is a hidden gem! Delicious food in a nice atmosphere. Perfect for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunches/dinnersRickVIPDined on 7/14/2014A little known place that takes you away from the congestion of midtown. You feel like your miles away from the city and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favo place...AnaBananaVIPDined on 7/14/2014I just love to go to Tommy Bahama. Week days or weekends. Location, the crew (especially the hostess) the food and especially the drinks! (and the bartenders!). The attendance of the bar is also very pleasant to look and interact! It is a great place to visit if you are not from NYC and for us who call here home – it is a must!Special Features:
- VibrantpaulsailorDined on 7/11/2014Great food , good value , decent service and ambience , if you want tasty food which is different try this great place . Our party of four loved the food and wine and general buzzSpecial Features:
- Great food in upbeat environmentKellyDined on 7/9/2014It was a surprise of how great our dinner experience was. The atmosphere was upbeat, servers very friendly & provided recommendations, good selection of food on menu, and price was fair. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!MomsdayoutDined on 7/9/2014First time dining at Tommy Bahamas and LOVED it!! Highly recommend the fish tacos. The side of plantanes w coconut dipping sauce was excellent too. Everything was absolutely DELICIOUS. Coconut cloud martini was the best cocktail I've ever had. Service was great!! Definitely going back next time I'm in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect after show dinnerRLmontrealDined on 7/8/2014Went with friends after a Broadway show, so we arrived rather late in the evening. Staff was super-friendly, food was awesome. Atmosphere is typical Tommy Bahama; an oasis of calm relaxation in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. Brought me back to another great meal at Tommy Bahama in Hawaii!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.