Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tommesf.com/
- Phone: 5058202253
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday 5:30-9
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tomme
The patio and outside bar are open seasonaly at Tomme, downtown Santa Fe's newest restaurant serving chef driven American contemporary fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tomme reviews from OpenTable diners
- Score!!thomadroVIPDined on 6/15/2013This was a find!!! Each course was a pleasure both on the eye and on the palette. Could not have been better...Special Features:
- Far from the what the bestnoneVIPDined on 6/15/2013Far from the what the best in Santa Fe offer. We went to Tomme because of a very positive review in the Journal. It was like we were at a different restaurant. Average food, average presentation, and high prices. The place was dead on a Saturday night. I don't think they will last long.
- Great place to eatFauxBlondeDined on 6/9/2013The menu was great and so was the food. The taste and the presentation. I really enjoyed my salad as well as the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service???LovedinnerDined on 6/6/2013Food superb, but service lacking, particularly when there was only 1 other table of 2 dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Santa Fe WinnerLaineyPDined on 5/31/2013Everything about this restaurant is fabulous! Tomme was quiet the Friday night we ate here so the service was impeccable. We even had the chef, Max, come and speak to us about the food! Wine was excellent. Have to say that the food was exquisite (enough superlatives?). We started with the leek tart with a salad; delicious. I had a perfectly cooked salmon over watermelon again with greens and a watermelon consomme. I don't think I have ever had such a healthy gastronomic dish. My husband had the duck breast with risotto. He thought the duck was a bit dry but after pouring the accompanying sauce on it, he said it was great. This place has definitely moved up on our top three Santa Fe restaurants AND we live here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencePorkchopVIPDined on 5/9/2013The food was excellent! We requested a special sauce for the oysters. The chef made it perfectly. Will recommend Tomme to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying to keep an even kneel...ParislightsDined on 5/2/2013Always liked this place. Central and easy to get to. Very lovely service. The food has been wonderful and last winter 2012, simply spectacular! Recent changes at the helm mean that for folks like me that remember those starry highs, Tomme is no longer hitting its mark. That's a sad thing. Passing by the other day, I saw the Sysco truck pulling in the back and thought...that's it. Thats what was happened! There weren't any local products on the menu...no feeling of place or lived experience in the food. Presentation which had been careful and done with a light hand, now seemed unfinished and heavy. Not one entree seemed flavorful ! Duck overcooked. Desserts lacked that little finishing touch. Disappointing to say the least.
- Tomme is a fine destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Tomme lives at Galisteo and Alameda, within walking distance of all the Plaza attractions. I like it a lot, and have dined there numerous times. My duck risotto was perfectly prepared and yummy. The wine list is adequate for the place overall. Service was unobtrusive but we never lacked for anything. It was not noisy at all, but I guess it could become so if more than one large group decided to celebrate well. In Santa Fe, the restaurant business is dicey these days, so I have been dining out more in this off-season than I normally would in order to do my bit. I hope Tomme continues to provide its dining to locals and tourists for a long time.Special Features:
- We dined at Tomme on a nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/18/2013We dined at Tomme on a night the restaurant was participating in a charity dine-out event. The place was packed but the staff did not seem at all ready to handle so many customers. Service was rushed and spotty (forgotten bread, mis-matched wine glasses, only one bottle of the wine we wanted, etc.) The real disappointment came with the main dish several of us ordered -- a duck risotto. The duck slices were tender but the risotto had obviously been rushed -- it was tough, chewy and tasteless. Will not be a in a hurry to return to this restaurant.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Excellent food and service. The atmosphere is elegant without being pretentious. The female waiter was very knowledgeable, friendly, with just the right amount of attention. Flatware was replced discreetly as needed after each course. We never felt hurried by the pace of the dinner. New chef Daniel is doing a great job. The menu is innovative without being esoteric and everything tasted divine.Special Features:
- A small place with truly special,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013A small place with truly special, interesting, delicate flavors, reasonably priced. Share the cloud cake for dessert.Special Features:
- The food was great: tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013The food was great: tasty leek tarts were the start, the cassoulet and chicken brick entrees were delicious and the italian meringue cloud cake was the best dessert we've had in ages. Service was excellent; the staff was very gracious. The sourroundings were pleasant.Special Features:
- Ok. but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2013Tomme was OK, but not great in a city with a lot of great restaurants. My "Brick Chicken" was over-cooked and dry. Brick Chicken is supposed to be succulent and delicious. Mine was neither. All other dishes were acceptable. We waited a long time to get initially served. I don't know why since it wasn't especially busy. Altogether - an OK experience, but not memorable and likely not repeatable.Special Features:
- Very nicely done meal. LambBlondeDined on 3/28/2013Very nicely done meal. Lamb medallions were delicious, cassoulet was a beautiful updated interpretation. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. ServiceJohnVIPDined on 3/22/2013Food was outstanding. Service was mediocre. Took the waiter 15-20 minutes to get our wine order. After that it was a bit better, but still slow.Special Features:
- Very pleasant atmosphere.DesertdiverVIPDined on 3/20/2013Very pleasant atmosphere. Raw oyster appetizer was wonderfully fresh. Duck cassoulet entree was well prepared, if a bit bland. The highlight of the meal were the desserts of a cloud cake that was fantastically airy and a panna cota that was very delicate. Next time, I may just go for dessert!Special Features:
- Am happy to see that JosephOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Am happy to see that Joseph Wrede has resurfaced after Joseph's Table closed and is making wonderful food in Santa Fe. Service was not perfect but very friendly and hospitable.
- Delicious meal of interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013Delicious meal of interesting flavors and fresh ingredients prepared perfectly. The Marlin Sashimi was incredible. Tissue thin slices of fish mixed with crispy deep fried kale and grapefruit with light soy sauce was an amazing way to start the meal. Local lamb sliced and served over polenta and carrot puree with sauteed greens were melt-in-your-mouth great. The atmosphere is simple and the restaurant was quiet the night we were there. Looking out onto Galisteo and Alameda was fun to see people walking by on this early spring evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Go for the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013Very good food, especially the frisee salad with a poached egg, the char in tarragon butter, and the Italian cloud cake. Nice wine list, too. A bit sterile atmosphere and our table for four was very cramped. But the food shines and I will return.Special Features:
- Food for Foodies... So True!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I had been looking forward to eating at Tomme since we first planned out weekend getaway to Santa Fe and I was not disappointed! The service was excellent and the food was even better! I starred with the Oysters on the half shell; followed by the Baby Spinach Salad. For the entree, I had the local Lamb paired with a glass of Malbec. For dessert I had the Dark Chocolate Pudding with roasted almond slices and a dollop of a very rich whipped creme. The whole meal was absolutely amazing. I will return to this restaurant on my every visit back to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- our rather new restaurant dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013for that great dinner, I expect a bit more elegant room & entrance which will make the people feel so good before you sit down at the table. The food was superb, what a chief! He is a jewel. Need parking badly. I would put some trailing plants to shut the traffic & by passing people so you can have bit of privacy from the street. People are very cordial & helpful.Special Features:
- Good was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Good was excellent, service was average. The noise was ridiculous with the two tables right near us so load I couldn't hear my talking to me. They were finally told something but way to late.Special Features:
- We had a seat in front ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We had a seat in front of the kitchen window. The chefs were professional, calm and completely in sync. Fascinating to watch both them and the other dishes coming out. Max, the owner, was present and gave tables attention which is always great to see. Such a special and delicious restaurant.Special Features:
- My New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Probably the best food I've eaten in Santa Fe. Max is warm and welcoming. I just wouldn't call it cozy or especially attractive even.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menu was diverseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Restaurant week menu was diverse and interesting, all dishes were outstanding, especially the mussels and for dessert, the warm chocolate pudding. Service was attentive but not intrusive, and it is amazing they have been able to create such a nice atmosphere in this space. I would definitely return for my next splurge to an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Tomme's is a real gem. ModestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Tomme's is a real gem. Modest in size and decor, it's food ranks with the finest establishments in Santa Fe - in taste, variety, and originality. Great value for the money and a real keeper to return to often. Really liked the staff, too.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very goodRyszardVIPDined on 3/2/2013Excellent food, very good service, pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Again and again, we returnLanceSFDined on 3/1/2013Again and again, we return to Tomme for another noteworthy meal. We always feel well cared for when we dine here, and the service was top-drawer as usual. Joseph Wrede seems to treat each and every dish with care, and the result is always enjoyable.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerJanWDined on 3/1/2013We really enjoyed our dinner here during Restaurant Week. Food and service were both awesome.Special Features:
- like Thumper said......ifspringerVIPDined on 2/28/2013like Thumper said......if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all
- It was a bit disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013It was a bit disappointing. I had selected Tomme for a visit because the restaurant offered cassoulet during 2013 Santa Fe Restaurant Week. I am familiar with cassoulet from visits to France and French country restaurants in the US. I was expecting a stew of white beans, duck, and other goodies one typically finds in cassoulet, but was served a gravy-less dish instead. Responding to my question if this was the cassoulet I ordered, the waiter responded that it was, and the chef liked to prepare it in a "deconstructed" style. The fellow at the table next to us had listened in and took a look at the dish, then said, "It's not like cassoulet you'd get in France." Otherwise, the food was well-prepared and the waiter's wine advice quite goodSpecial Features:
- Memorable meal in a foodie townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013My wife and I are seasoned foodies in a foodie town, and Tomme exceeded our expectations. We came during restaurant week, and really appreciated the four courses with great selections and outstanding food. Excellent frisee salad, my cassoulet was a delicious duck extravaganza, and the warm chocolate "pudding" (rich, molten dark chocolate) with meringue on top was amazing. Memorable meal - nicely done Tomme!Special Features:
- My friend and I went duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013My friend and I went during Restaurant Week and had a fabulous experience. The appetizers and salads were inventive and the El Rito lamb was outstanding. Even the Cabernet Sauvignon by the glass was top-notch. Chef Wrede has done it again.Special Features:
- Tomme is a GemsfwestDined on 2/27/2013We visited Tomme for the first time during Santa Fe Restaurant week. Tomme was hands down the best food of all, including several the high end restaurants. Each dish was creative, fabulous combination of flavors, and presented beautifully. Tomme is a real treasure for Santa Fe. We are so lucky to have Joseph Wrede cooking here!Special Features:
- The food and the service werechloe1VIPDined on 2/26/2013The food and the service were perfect. They know how to use flavors and texture. Just great.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The food was delicious and the wait staff very attentive. As good or better as any in SF.Special Features:
- Wanted to Love It. Didn't.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Loved Chef Joseph's former restaurant in Taos. Like Maxx's former Santa Fe restaurant. But my birthday dinner at Tomme was so disappointing. The place seemed to be run by a bunch of amateurs who had no idea how to run a restaurant--obviously not the case for the two in the kitchen. The waitress was nice but clearly had no experience with service of any kind, let alone fine dining. The food took forever to come out. Once it did, it was mostly very good. Not great, but very good. But there were so many balls dropped all evening, it was rather unbelievable. We appreciated the complimentary glass of wine and extra dessert. Still, there are 6 Santa Feans who won't be going back to Tomme.
- A Standout Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We heard Tomme occupies a space that has changed hands a lot. We hope it stays because we had a fabulous dinner. We liked the downtown location and just loved the food. It was thoughtfully prepared, tasty, presented well and innovative. We often see a decline from appetizers to entrees but at Tomme everything held its own. Standouts included a delicious pork belly appetizer and mixed duck plate. We did not try the lamb ribs but will next time. The chef formerly ran the excellent Joseph's Table in Taos and the owner formerly ran Santa Fe's Max's. Drawbacks were minor. The website is an older design and should be updated. If possible, the current day's menu should be posted on the website. More fish entrees would be appreciated.Special Features:
- My husband loved the duckOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013My husband loved the duck cassoulet . My trout was so-so. We both thought the warm chocolate pudding was outstanding.Special Features:
- We loved our first time atottosmomDined on 2/1/2013We loved our first time at Tomme and will return. Chef Joseph xoxo Many thanks to Max and her wonderful staff.Special Features: