356 Kimball Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tombolinoristorante.com/
- Phone: 9142371266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pietro Siciliano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Sicliano 9142371266
A word from Tombolino Ristorante
In the world of restaurants, where trendy spots are opening everyday, it’s nice to find a restaurant that has withstood the test of time for over 30 years like Tombolino Restaurant. Most of all, the restaurant has kept diners returning over & over for the last three decades. It is up – held by Executive Chef & owner Pietro Siciliano, with the help of his sons. Their excitement & energy for what they do & eagerness to improve with every diner they serve is nothing short of incredible. All this has not gone unnoticed the Zagat’s rates the restaurant as “Excellent,” applauding Tombolino for its “Delicious Cuisine” & calling it “the site of wonderful dining experiences.” Tombolino is a recipient of the Wine Spectator magazine “Award of Excellence,” since 2005. The restaurant proudly displays more then 500 bottles of wine mostly from Italy, California, & France. If you wander in you can enjoy the daily specials in any of the two charming dinning rooms or take a look at the Wine Cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tombolino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mixed review but we'd return.JWlsSDined on 8/17/2013Comfortable, pretty, nice ambience. Excellent Caesar salad. OK entrees and dessert. Forgetful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2013This was a great neighborhood gem. The chef even came out to meet us. .Mom loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013Met friends we hadn't seen in several years. Food was excellent and the server recognized we wanted time and paced the meal accordingly. Our server was excellent!Special Features:
- Good Italian Food Excellent ServickmpgilDined on 8/11/2013Nice ambiance, excellent service. Parking is a bit of a problem, when I asked about where I could park, I was told on the street or across the street in the Walgreen's lot. On the wall at Walgreen's a sign warned anyone parked over 30 minutes would be towed. Nice wine list and good food.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianDodgersWillVIPDined on 7/19/2013Superb dining in a family atmosphere. One of the best Italian restaurants in Yonkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go To Place!!!!LuvLunchVIPDined on 6/19/2013as always excellent food with old school service and ambiance! Lovely place to dine! The family really takes pride in their restaurant and it shows!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, better serviceGJaxxDined on 6/16/2013Family run business with regulars. Even if they don't know you, you get the same level of treatment. The chef came out to introduce himself and wish my husband a happy Father's Day. Very nice gesture. Great price for great food. Must go. Valet service is the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2013My first time at restaurant and happened to find on line to take my father for Father's Day. Great place and close to home. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go anywhere elseWassEARmanDined on 5/11/2013The ownership knows what they are doing. An extraordinary dining experience. Friendly waiters, great food, very enjoyable italain restaurant, with evrything nice. They treat you like gold, and feed you like a king.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find in YonkersDaisyVIPDined on 5/4/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants for so many reasons... The service is exceptional - servers take their time to explain the dishes and make suggestions if there are special dietary requirements (everything is made to order and it shows); food is top notch - perfectly cooked and presented; guests are clearly very happy with the restaurant and there is no attempt to rush you through your meal so that another party can be seated. Most recently, we invited a guest for dinner at 6:30 - we had a wonderful meal, with much discussion over which of the items to choose and ended up leaving at 9 pm very happy with a wonderful event. Just the way we wanted to entertain our guest. Can wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! local restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/4/2013Great! local restaurant with valet parking. The bartender professionally mixed the best cosmo!Special Features:
- Buon Appetito!! Dine at Tombolino.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/27/2012Tombolino has become our favorite Italian restaurant in Westchester, NY. We recently celebrated my wife's birthday at Tombolino, and we had another fantastic dining experience. We have also called on Tombolino to cater my last three family parties. The gracious and attentive staff made our evening very special. For starters we dined on the Burrata (fresh home made mozzarella filled with ricotta, and surrounded by tomatoes and eggplant - simple and delicious. We had wine by the glass, the Merlot & Montepulciano were excellent choices. For our main courses we choose two of our favorites: Fiocchi con Formaggio with pear (ask for the pink sauce), and Pollo alla Martini. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!DiningDivaVIPDined on 11/17/2012Tombolino never disappoints...always consistently great food and service in a warm and inviting setting. Wonderful specials for Restaurant Week, along with the usual menu, meant that we could not go wrong. The night we dined, the chef and owner came out of the kitchen and made his rounds to get feedback directly from the customers. Nicely done!Special Features:
- nice service, food was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012nice service, food was great, everyone very professional and courteous, will definetly be backSpecial Features:
- The staff greeted us as soonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2012The staff greeted us as soon as we walked in and made you feel at home. The wine list was extensive that I couldn't decide on a white wine. Based on the manager's knowledge and providing a glass so I may try, we agreed with the manager's selection. It complemented our meal greatly - pear salad and crab cake (all crab) to start, pork osso bucco (tender off the bone) and veal braciole enough for two people. It was a quiet night, so we enjoyed our coffees and dessert and relaxed after a nice evening out. Although we came for Restaurant Week, Tombolino offers its own deal also, several courses offered with or without wine at a great value, that we look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian CuisineDiningDivaVIPDined on 11/4/2012Wonderfully prepared traditional Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting setting. Excellent cocktails, especially the martinis, and a well-rounded wine list to complement your dinner. The waiters are very knowledgeable regarding menu items and specials, and the kitchen will gladly accommodate any special requests (food allergies, vegetarian, etc.). Street parking is available most nights, and there is valet parking on busy nights or special events. Check out their website for seasonal specials and upcoming events.Special Features:
- Tombolino's food is excellentPamelaVIPDined on 10/10/2012Tombolino's food is excellent and their service is excellent!!!!Special Features:
- Live less than 10 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2012Live less than 10 minutes from this restaurant and didn't even know it. Found it on Open Table and gave it a try because of all the positive reviews. We had a very enjoyable evening. Great service from our waiter Anthony! And the food was delicious! I tried the money bag pasta stuffed with pears in a cream sauce with mushrooms and peas and it was amazing. My husband had the rack of lamb and said it was one of the best he ever had. I enjoyed a delish pinot noir though I can't remember the name....we can't wait to go back!
- The food was very good, theleven4allVIPDined on 8/25/2012The food was very good, the portions were nice sized, the price was reasonable and it was a nice place to have dinner because it was not noisy.
- A Great Place in South East YonkersOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/12/2012From the time we were seated until the time we walked out the door, we were treated like old friends, even though it was our first visit. The service was attentive; the salads and appetizers were exceptional and the desserts were as good as any Italian restaurant I've ever been to. The wine list was extensive and had some wines rarely seen on lists, like Cococciola. The unremarkable exterior of the restaurant doesn't give a hint as to what is going on inside; the food and service are both superior in this Yonkers gem.Special Features:
- “Buon Appetito!! Dine at TOMBOLINO!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2012Tombolino has become our favorite Italian restaurant in Westchester, NY. It's definitely a neighborhood gem. We recently celebrated my wife's birthday at Tombolino, and we had another fantastic dining experience. The gracious and attentive staff made our evening very special. For starters we dined on the Burrata (fresh home made mozzarella filled with ricotta, and surrounded by tomatoes and eggplant - simple and delicious. We had wine by the glass, the Merlot & Montepulciano were excellent choices. For our main courses we choose two of our favorites: Fiocchi con Formaggio with pear (ask for the pink sauce), and Pollo alla Martini. Fantastic! The owner always stops by to say hello and chat. Great guy! Get the fresh filled cannoli!Special Features:
- Try the GnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012We randomly picked Tombolino when we were looking for an Italian restaurant close to the Bronx, and we were astonished by the quality of their food, the attitude of their waiters, and the scenic view of the restaurant. We had two different dishes, including a Gnocchi which was just like the one I was served by an authentic Italian chef a few years ago. Their wine list was also great.Special Features:
- OMG - I haven't eaten likeDaisyVIPDined on 6/19/2012OMG - I haven't eaten like that in such a long time!!! Delicious cesaer salad for two made tableside, incredible homemade pasta (hubby had chicken ravioli that was amazing) and wonderful desserts. Can't wait to lose weight so I can go back!Special Features:
- The food at this old timeIrv47VIPDined on 6/9/2012The food at this old time Italian restaurant is the star. Although it could definitely use a facelift, if you want great Italian food, go here.Special Features:
- We live in Rhode Island, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012We live in Rhode Island, and were in the Yonkers, NY, area for an event. We discovered Tombolino online and made a reservation. Wow, it was a great place and reminded us of restaurants in Italy. The atmosphere and food were very good, as was the wine selection. The service was very good also, and we were not rushed. I should also mention that the chef came into the dining room to chat with the customers -- we always enjoy that! We would definitely go to Tombolino again if we are in the Yonkers area.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,BellaDined on 5/29/2012Great food, great service, wonderful staff. Try the Chilean Sea Bass!Special Features:
- Back for the second time,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Back for the second time, we were very happy and plan to return. Thanks,Special Features:
- This is a very old schoolLizaNPDined on 4/14/2012This is a very old school restaurant. The cesaer salad was expertly prepared tableside by a skilled waiter. The finished product was delicious and the preparation was entertaining. Overall, service was professional (above usual Westchester standards). The manicotti was ordinary.
- Service and food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2012Service and food was very good, nice atmosphere....
- This was a nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012This was a nice restaurant to eat in. The staff were polite and friendly.Special Features:
- New Favorite PlaceVictorDined on 3/22/2012This was our first visit here and it won't be our last. I booked another night right after we got home. This fast became one of our favorites. Food and service was great.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012The food and service were excellent. We definitely enjoyed dining there. Will be back.Special Features:
- Surprizing bland italian food-witzDined on 3/11/2012Surprizing bland italian food- Calamari Luciano was really barely edible [tasted like defrosted calamari in light tomato sauce]. Cannoli & simple pasta dish was best dishes served Far better choices for Italian food for the $ charged
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2012The food and service was outstanding. Very friendly staff. Great wine list and wines by the glass. Love there pasta stuffed with pears and ricotta. Must try the dessert special with strawberrys over Ice Cream and warm zabioneSpecial Features:
- Traditional Italian dishesDiningDivaVIPDined on 2/24/2012Traditional Italian dishes prepared to order. The portions are ample and the prices are relatively reasonable. The wine list is impressive and the bar serves expertly prepared martinis. The decor is old-school and could use a sprucing up to modernize and lighten the look, but overall it is quite charming and cozy. The wait staff is very attentive without being intrusive. In fact, there was a party going on in the larger dining room, and it did not interfere at all in terms of noise and service. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation!Special Features:
- Our First Time at Tombolino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012This was our first time to Tombolino's, and we shall be returning. The food was excellent in the sense of fine traditional Italian-Amercian cooking. At the same time, we were not overwhelmed with herbs and spices as so often is fashionable now. Every aspect of the service was excellent and yet unobtrusive.Special Features:
- It was a good, traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/17/2012It was a good, traditional Italian meal with attentive service, aiming to please. They brought us a complimentary tiramisu for dessert that was delicious. We would go back.
- The food was delicious, generousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was delicious, generous portions and fair priced.Our waiter and even guys pouring the water were very nice and paid alot of attention to each table. The tables were decorated nice withc fresh clean linens and had a small but elegant candlec in the middle. It was a little too dim for me but very romantic.I have never been to this restaraunt but I'm glad I chosec here for V-Day. It looks very small on the outside but it's huge inside. I would definitely go again. It is like a diamond in the rough. Unexpected, but in a good way!!Special Features:
- My husband and I always enjoyBellaDined on 2/11/2012My husband and I always enjoy dinner here. They have the best Chilean Sea Bass. The staff is very friendly and make you feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Favorable reviews had broughtMJGHVIPDined on 2/11/2012Favorable reviews had brought us to Tombolino, but we were disappointed with both the food and the service. Our unremarkable mista salad consisted mainly of ice berg lettuce, with two small tomato slices and wisps of other greens. Our eggplant rollatine appetizer had bland seasoning and was a small portion for the price. The same applied to the bland, small portion of manicotti entree. Only our branzino oreganata special was well prepared, although the waiter initially served us a different fish dish meant for another table. We had a very long wait for each of our courses, and nothing was served hot. The rather indifferent waiter focused on pouring our wine every few minutes, as if to hasten us towards purchasing another bottle.