Tomaso's - Phoenix
3225 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tomaso's - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tomasos.com/
- Phone: 6029560836
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed Sunday's through August.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tomaso Maggiore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Tomaso’s where you’ll find planning your next event to as fine an experience as the cuisine delivered to your table. Let our attentive staff be your guide.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8886669827
- Special Events: Tomaso's hosts many of the world's leading wine makers at dinners throughout the year. Check our website for more information.
A word from Tomaso's - Phoenix
Tomaso's Phoenix located in the Camelback corridor, embraces the lifestyle of Italian dining. Voted best Italian Restaurant in the valley since 1977, Tomaso’s celebrates simplicity & quality of authentic Italian food & wine with humor & hospitality. Tomaso Maggiore follows the traditional Italian dining format, starting with an abundant assortment of antipasti, dinner then features primi courses of moderately sized fresh pastas & risottos before moving to selection of lighter vegetable, fish & meat main courses. Dolce completes the meal with house-made offerings, including Italian pastries & scoops of gelato, and an assortment of fresh seasonal berries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tomaso's - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Tomaso's - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (28)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (19)good for groups (14)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Simply stated... excellent evening. Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Everything about this restaurant was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Extremely Casual DressScottsdaledinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, but the service was good at best. We were there about 9 months ago, and didn't realize the style of dress on a Saturday evening was now so extremely casual. Also, there was a crying toddler which was very distracting. What ever happened to "babysitters". I would think twice about returning.
- Amazing italian menuJDawgDinerDined on 8/22/201436 years in the same location is a pretty big accomplishment and Tomaso's does it with an incredible menu of Italian dishes. We couldn't make decisions on what to order so we ended up doing a little family style. This was the best decision of the night as we got to taste several different items. In general, great meal and good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great local charmSadie101Dined on 8/20/2014Had a business lunch at Tomaso's and we had wonderful food and service and the restaurant was quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedFooshDined on 8/18/2014I had higher expectations for this restaurant based on previous reviews and advertising. I was quite disappointed with the food. The calamari was rubbery and the fish special dish was unremarkable. Will not return. In a nice touch, they did bring a cupcake out with a candle to celebrate the birthday that we had gone there for.
- Not as it has been...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Waitstaff was very lax. Had to ask for some items 1 - 3 times. Disappointing as there were very few people there. We had mentioned it was my birthday in the reservation....nothing acknowledged. The Petrale Sole was lovely.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great Food, but very quiet, even on a Saturday nightSpecial Features:
- FIRST TIME AT TOMASOSsuzyDined on 8/3/2014The food was voted very good by all guests. The bread was said to be especially crusty. Halibut was perfectly cooked, Oso Buco was very flavorful, pasta and scampi delightful. Good, professional service. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great foodBethVIPDined on 7/29/2014We are from California and were visiting AZ. A local shop-owner recommended this restaurant. We were so impressed with the freshness of all our coices and would definitely go again if we were to go back to AZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu has an excellent selectionmannyf34Dined on 7/17/2014There were 4 guests at our table, and everyone thought their dish was the besr. Great culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceHivichDined on 7/11/2014I have dined at Tomaso's in a group setting (corporate dinners), but this was my first dining experience there on a personal level. My wife and I were treated to fantastic service, couples with phenomenal food. A great evening. The atmosphere allowed for good conversation. Strongly recommend Tomaso's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant eveningchickpeaDined on 7/3/2014My friend and I had the same thing for dinner, and we both enjoyed it very much. The price was moderate and the food good. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchKatyDined on 7/2/2014They accommodated our special requests -Salmon Caesar and two birthday desserts. FantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomaso's great as alwaysBillsaysDined on 6/28/2014We only get to Tomaso's a couple of times a year now, what with my traveling schedule. For years, we were regulars but had to slow down a bit. Tomaso's is distinctive for two things: excellent service and outstanding food. It's summer so things were slow Saturday night, but the service was still excellent and the food outstanding. I love the way they can "adjust" what you order to your preferences (the short ribs paired with the pappardelle noddles did it for me!). Don't go here for a cheap meal, do go here for an outstanding meal with great service in a nice locale.Special Features:
- Great FindreneeDined on 6/25/2014Our waiter was wonderful and the dinners and appetizers were excellent. All preparation of our meals was as ordered and very fresh. Highly recommend.
- Tomaso's a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and Tomaso's was the place! A little on the pricey side but the food quality was superb and it was a special occasion so didn't mind at all. I had the classic lasagna and she had the ravioli stuffed with butternut squash in a delicious butter sauce--everything was terriffic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3Pearls3PearlsDined on 6/17/2014Excellent food. Reminded me of a New York style Italian restaurant...you know "Bottle of red...Bottle of white" Finally found Our Italian Restaurant:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gab robgridrVIPDined on 6/15/2014The real deal in Phoenix this place is authentic as it gets for the West CoastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spider\raw foodnativeDined on 6/15/2014Started my night off with a spider running across my napkin. Wrapped it up and handed it to the wait staff. Calamari was fantastic. Wine was good. Six of us all ordered different meals except two ordered lamb chops. Two mixed grills where brought. Said we would eat them if cooked right.. medium rare is what we ordered. Cut steak in half as waitress waites... well done! She said I'll bring some lamb for you guys. No more than 10 minutes later.. to fast, a 3 inch thick lamb chop comes to table.What do you know blue in middle. still cold so rare. She takes them back and they re cook the same pieces of meat. For a $40 meal are you kidding me. After all said and done they charge us for both meals.. couldn't believe it.
- SereneDined on 6/12/2014The ambiance, the food, and the service are wonderful.Special Features:
- romantic - celebratoryBlueDined on 6/7/2014Tomaso's food is always amazing great place for a romantic dinner- we decided to go for our last date before our baby arrivesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Went here for our anniversary. We had a gift card. We got a bottle of moderately priced wine, antipasto, two entrees, desert that we shared, and coffee and it was $180 with the tip. The food was good but not amazing. Our waiter was very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than hoped for!LateBloomerFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Our evening was EVERYTHING we had hoped for: great wine list, authentic delicious Italian food options, fine old-world ambience, and our Italian waiter with a marvelous sense of humor and excellent true service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!stockdsDined on 6/5/2014Great food, great service, wonderful experience.... The food is amazing, homemade pastas, lovely sauces. Tiramisu to die for....we went for a birthday celebration and the staff was great, sang happy birthday to my friend. Go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KACVDined on 6/5/2014Every time we bring an office group to Tomaso's for a special dinner, our expectations are exceeded. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, no letail is left unattended. The service and food are above excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeffDined on 5/30/2014We celebrate special occasions at Tomaso's. Wonderful! Jeff and Jane KowalSpecial Features:
- We had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014My husband and I went to dinner with another couple. We had a great time. Not only was the food good, but our server was truly entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodsparklenailsDined on 5/24/2014If you like Italian Food you should be happy here because the pasta here is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitors from ChicagogoodeatnDined on 5/20/2014First time at Tomaso's and we had wonderful dinner along with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italy in Phoenixsherrill53Dined on 5/20/2014Excellent experience from start to finish.Fabulous food, felt as though I was back in Italy. Service impeccable - fun, friendly, knowledgeable and not over bearing.Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014Everything about this dinner was fantastic: the food, the wine and the service.Special Features:
- Wonderful delightJeffDined on 5/17/2014This experience is why you take advantage of restaurant week - to go somewhere you always wanted to go but never did. The Crudo Filet Mignon Carpaccio was terrific as was the roasted beet salad. My wife had the Roulade of veal tenderloin while I enjoyed the Menage a Trois which featured lobster , sea bass & blue crab over squid ink linguine. As wonderful as they were the sauces on both were exquisite requiring great will power to simply not lick the plate. The meal's final touch was a terrific pistachio gelato. In short, I can't believe we had never visited Tomaso's before, but I am sure we will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014I know this restaurant has been around forever, but I just don't see how. The dining room in the northwest corner of the restaurant smelled like mildew, we were upsold on wine which we didn't really want, the service was slow, and the food was not very good. The only positive thing we can say about Tomaso's is the bread and butter spread were the best part of the meal. Very disappointed and we will not go back.
- pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant not busy for mother's day. Food was excellent a usual,my 2nd time there. Ambiance was great, for the family, we all ordered different entrees, ranging from the chiopino to the veal marsala, and 2 different entrees. What could have been better was the way the server interacted with me. A couple of times the waiter addressed me as "buddy" which I really didn't appreciate, I mean we're not at 5 guys ordering burgers, even then u don't think they would, do that. I still ripped 20% on a tab over $200. All in all, I would definitely go back for dinner, whether it be just an evening out, or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentpiruliDined on 5/4/2014We discovered it by chance. Great food from the appetizers to entrees. Dessert offer was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 441 reviews are from the Tomaso's - Phoenix reviews archive.
- FABULOUS!!drknowsDined on 4/30/2014I have eaten here before and it has to be one of my favorite Italian restaurants. I can't recommend it anymore highly than I have with a 5*. Great food, fantastic service - very attentive and friendly and wonderful wines and cocktails. You're making a mistake if you don't try this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at Tomaso's. Our server, Roberto, was great and offered the perfect level of service all night. We started with the zucchini flowers and the most amazing artichokes. Tomaso created a special pasta course for us and our entrees were outstanding. Look forward to returning when we are in town next.Special Features:
- While the ambience is certainlyHerbDined on 4/11/2014While the ambience is certainly Spartan and more country and western than Italian, the food was excellent. The service was prompt and friendly. Good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as AlwaysSJJFDined on 4/10/2014It never seems to amaze me, the service, food and pleasant staff. I have eaten here many, many times and have never experienced any issue. Exceptional. A must visit while in Phoenix. A true Italian restaurant with true Italian food and staff. I visit Italy 3-4.times a year and will put this food up against any meal I have even had in my home land.Special Features:
- SuckedChrisDined on 3/22/2014Sat in the way back, not even part of the Restuarant. Gone down hill