163 Old River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tomasositaliangrill.com/
- Phone: 2019413000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer custom catering for any event or occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room is available for all occasions.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Thursday night.
A word from Tomaso's
Tomaso's offers a wide variety of favorites including traditional Italian dishes, pasta, salads, pizza and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tomaso's reviews from OpenTable diners
- great fooddinealotVIPDined on 12/31/2013the food is always great - portions are good. the service is nice but very slow. i don't know if it's the kitchen or the wait staff but very slow. they are great with kids and the service itself is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's great!Silvermuatang322Dined on 11/23/2013I made reservations we got there early they took us early. The server was very good. The food was amazing! Decour needs a little bit of work. My date and myself really enjoyed the food we both got the chicken Parm. Portion of chicken was plentySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2013The food is always outstanding and always impressed with the food and the kindness of the staff. The bar area is comfortable and the outdoor dining is a good change to being indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood Italian.KEENJVIPDined on 5/11/2013Good neighborhood Italian. We've been going for several years, since it opened. The decor has been spruced up, and it's nice for a good, reliable meal. Food may have slipped a bit since it first opened, but still a good bet.Special Features:
- waited for the waitress forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013waited for the waitress for 18 minutes and never came to our table. didn't even gave us bread or water. I have been there many times; service is usually just ok and the food is just ok. However 18 minutes waiting to get service when you are about to spend +100 for a meal is not an option.
- This place was amazing forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This place was amazing for a while. Since the restaurant changed owners, the service was terrible! We waited 20 minutes to get a menu, the hostess/owner didn't even have a waiter assigned to our table! Some people just left because they were waiting for an hour for their meal. I don't understand how you are short staffed on Valentine's day! I had the salmon and it was charred so much it was burned and dry. I had to return it. My friend had the chicken marsala and it was super salty. The appetizers were good though. There was a pregnant lady there and she was waiting for almost an hour for her food. She complained as she was leaving and the hostess actually argued with her! Will never go back.
- We had early dinner on Sunday.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013We had early dinner on Sunday. The place was empty but everything we ate was excellent. Great food, nice waiter.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)GOLF4EVERVIPDined on 1/12/2013Restaurant was not ready to serve the custmers at all. They had a waiter who seem to be just started and was not even aware on the contents of menu. The waiter continued to make one mistake after another on very fundamental things that I almost consider leaving the restaurant 20 minutes after I was seated... Do not go to this place.... It's wate of your time...Special Features:
- Good reliable neighborhoodJustmeDined on 12/23/2012Good reliable neighborhood place. The food is always good and the wait staff is friendlySpecial Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2012Lovely staff really good and affordable food. Excellent pizza!Special Features:
- Everything was just OK - nothingdeekayVIPDined on 9/8/2012Everything was just OK - nothing good to write about, but nothing bad either.
- this will be our last visitdavidVIPDined on 8/23/2012this will be our last visit to this place. undrinkable house wine sent back. clam sauce with mysterious seasoning tasting anything like clam sauce. in my wife's dish, overcooked chicken and undercooked peppers. endless wait for server's attention, although she was very sweet. check couldn't come soon enough.
- Menu is a "greatest hits"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Menu is a "greatest hits" package of Italian dishes that are serviceable and come to the table quickly. Good size portions and on the night we were there, attentive service. Could use some umph...Special Features:
- I always enjoy this restaurant.AimzaVIPDined on 5/19/2012I always enjoy this restaurant. My food has always been good, especially the scallops in maple syrup. Sometimes the service is a bit slow but I think they get overwhelmed or are short staffed. It never bothers me as it is not slow enough to be upset about. I will keep going back.
- Quiet, romantic, laid-backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2012We've been to Tomaso's on a few occasions. The service is a little laid-back but the food is fairly decent, and its a nice place for a date. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Reservation not honoredPatty356Dined on 3/24/2012This restaurant did not honor our reservation. When we arrived, the hostess said the dining room was very busy and we could wait at the bar. They had our reservation in the computer, but that didn't seem to matter. When we asked how long we might have to wait, the hostess didn't know. She was not apologetic at all. We left. Went to Vespa's up the road and had a delicious meal there with outstanding service.
- Tomaso`s is great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Tomaso`s is great place for quiet lovely dinner, outstanding food.Special Features:
- This is a restaurant I frequentCastleDined on 3/21/2012This is a restaurant I frequent but hadn't been there in some time. The food, as usual, was excellent and there is a multitude of choices, including specials. Tomaso has changed its procedure from the last time we were there and now included a list of specials with the menu. When the first person ordered a particular special, he was told it was not available. Since 3 of us had discussed ordering it and two of us planned on doing so, it was disappointing. In the future, I will be sure to question whether there are items that are not available before reviewing the menu.Special Features:
- Good italian food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012Good italian food and service. The place need advertisement because it's kinda hidden and not a lot of ppl look like they know how to get there!
- Service was caring, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 12/31/2011Service was caring, but very slow. Food was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It was New Years with a limiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011It was New Years with a limite dmenu, but good value. 65.95, got you great 4 courses plus desert and coffee. Seletion samples, giant shrimp, real crab cakes, salad, pasta course and entre selections of racke of lamb, surf & Turf, 16oz s NY strip, Chilean sea bass and chicken dish none of which had surchrges added. The four of us all enjoyed our meals. The wait staff seemed all new (I have been there brfore and did not recognize them) and not familiar with the menu items. There was a delay getting a waiter after we were seated but the hostess, once notified cleared that up and service was good for the reminder of the evening.Special Features:
- We've been to Tomoso's beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011We've been to Tomoso's before and it was good; however, we went on New Years Eve and they had a prix fixed menu which we were not aware of. The selection was good and the price was reasonable. Unfortunately, the food was not up to par. I ordered the fried calamari which was bland. No flavor. My husband ordered the hot antipasto sampler and it tasted like it had been sitting in tomato sauce. I ordered the filet of sole francese and it was so bland and overcooked. I almost had to use a knife to cut it! We ended up taking dessert to go. I think the chef forgot to season anything and it tasted like it was all prepared in advance. Very disappointing.
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2011We were pleasantly surprised by the food, it was quite good. The bread was warm & tasty, my Ceasar salad was ordinary but fine. I had the pasta with sausage & broccoli rabe which was great and very garlic heavy (which I love) and my husband had the lasagna which was very good. The woman who sat us was lovely, she watched the restaurant like a hawk & was very aware of her guests. So over all it was a good dinner and for a local nice meal it was great. The ambiance is lacking, although they have tried to work with the space by using red velvet curtains, but the huge pipes are ever present and the low ceilings are daunting. Overall it was a good meal & I think eating outside might be nice in the spring. We'd go again for the food.
- Judy my waitress was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Judy my waitress was awesome. Great time tonight food and wine was A++Special Features:
- Waited about 25 minutes toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011Waited about 25 minutes to get our drinks. Didn't get bread or water until after the appetizers came out even after having asked for it several times. However our servers were very pleasant. The food was good.
- We eat at Tomaso's a lot.ihatenicknamesVIPDined on 12/2/2011We eat at Tomaso's a lot. But approx. once a month on a Friday night Tomaso's opens its upstairs room to Annette Sanders who performs the American Song Book. What a lovely evening. There's even a dance floor. Shows start at about 8pm and there are 2 sets. So far there is no cover charge. So, for the price of a meal, you get a fabulous night of entertainment. Reservations a must!Special Features:
- The food was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2011The food was great. The service was not. Best meatball I've had in a long time. Pasta with brocolli raab & sausage was just right. Salad plate was too cold., but salad was tasty. I had eaten here once before and had the same experience, good food, service not.Special Features:
- I had the veal saltimboccaEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 10/14/2011I had the veal saltimbocca and the sauce was a bit salty. My husband had the special (sole francese) and the portion size was a bit small for the price ($29). We've eaten here before but this is the first time that we had issues with the food.
- Good, solid Italian food...KenBVIPDined on 10/2/2011Good, solid Italian menu and food. Service attentive and atmopshere very cordial.
- live music and food is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2011live music and food is very good..I highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- We live close by but neverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2011We live close by but never tried before and were very pleasantly surprised. Attractive room, good red sauce Italian, attentive service and fair prices. House chianti was a cut above the usual. A large private party was seated in a balcony area and the noise did not interfere with the main dining room. Though too chilly for outdoor dining, the patio looks inviting in warmer weather. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- This time we had lunch insteadihatenicknamesVIPDined on 8/18/2011This time we had lunch instead of dinner. The midweek lunch menu is very nice and has a lot of choices, from salads to appetizers to paninis to pasta to meats and fish. The prices are good and in line with other restaurants in the area offering lunch. The atmosphere is always pleasant and friendly.Special Features:
- Hernan is great as always. Food,gwapnitskyDined on 7/23/2011Hernan is great as always. Food, depending on what you get is very good. Have had some items which caused bad reactions within hours.Special Features:
- the food was delicious. thereRizzyDined on 7/21/2011the food was delicious. there pre-meal break was piping hot and was so good you think it might have been made on the spot. Everything was delicious and I would love to go again. I found the restaurant on open table while visiting the city from Virginia so this was a great find. The only complaint I have is that the music was way off...I would like to have heard something more authentic. However, overall this place was AMAZING A+++++++++Special Features:
- TERRIBLE - Poor quality foodCHARLESDined on 7/16/2011TERRIBLE - Poor quality food - Over priced - Will not return
- Second time I was to Tomaso's.SgtpeperDined on 7/10/2011Second time I was to Tomaso's. The food was excellent. In fact, we are going again this evening and going to eat outside and enjoy the view of NYC!Special Features:
- My friends and I enjoyed TomasoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011My friends and I enjoyed Tomaso very much. It was my 2nd time there, and was as good as the first. Food & service are top notch. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SgtpeperDined on 7/2/2011There are plenty of restaurants in the Edgewater area and I have tried a most. When we looked at the menue, I was shocked to see how reasonable and in some cases how low the prieces were so I was not expecting anything good. How WRONG I was! The food was just fantastic. In fact, we go to Little Italy often and the food was much better and the prices were almost half of what I spend in Little Italy. As far as dessert, well I never had such a fantastic desert in my life! My wife had, and I have never seen this in a restaurant, zepolles and they were outstanding, simply outstanding! This restaurant is a winner!Special Features:
- Nice overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2011The food was very good and prepared well. Portions are generous. Would have been a much better experience if the wait staff was better trained. It took way too long for the food to arrive. Maybe they are just understaffed. The waiter had to check what the name of the house wine was. That is just lack of proper training. Nice bar upstairs with older live music and dancing. We would return again.Special Features:
- A new place found- have beentInsbizDined on 6/11/2011A new place found- have beent trying to go there for awhile now and was pleasantly pleased. The food was good the portions adequate. The appetizers could have come out a bit quicker. After that we would not mind waiting for the main course. Cant wait for the weather to be more accomodating. We look forwrd to our next visit and sitting outside.Special Features: