755 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5045270942
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Guy Sockrider
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking to have a sit-down dinner, banquet style reception, or a cocktail party with hand-passed hors d’oeuvres, our event coordinator will work with you to plan the perfect event to fit your needs. With an extensive menu, an impressive wine list, full bar & several dining packages to choose from, an experience at Tomas Bistro will be sure to please and impress your guests!
- Private Party Contact: Emily Radosta 5045811103
A word from Tomas Bistro
Tomas Bistro was carved out of an old factory in the Warehouse District and made to house a French Creole style bistro. The interior is unusual in its simplicity, with heavy use of mahogany wood & French decor and music, Tomas creates the feeling and look of France. A romantic and cozy warm feeling attracts diners for a small bite or a full dinner. The French-Creole style of old-world food brings to you the love of cooking to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Tomas Bistro - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Tomas Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (32)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (11)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I guess service makes a differenceLARKVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a good restaurant. Great location and great ambience. The food was good, not exceptional. Dessert was awful. Service could've made a big difference. Our waiter did a decent job however he was not friendly and it seened he did not care about our experience. She did not introduce himself, I have to call him so he could take her drink orders, and he forgot about the specials. There too many good restaurants in New Orleans for us to consider coming back to Tomas bistro.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceInkspillerDined on 8/30/2014Great service, delicious food, lovely presentation. Very accommodating and personable staff. We even received tour of reception facilities. Not sure why so many empty tables. This is a great place with beautiful ambiance and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with GrouponPiesingtonDined on 8/28/2014I dined here using the groupon and it was a great experience. The place was pretty empty, but our reservation was on a Tuesday night around 8pm. The ambiance and decor is romantic. The service was excellent and food choices good, had leftovers.Special Features:
- great foodluckyone4744Dined on 8/24/2014the food and service were both very good. The food did win out.Special Features:
- Dinner reservation on 8/23/14OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately, we were not able to make it into New Orleans that night because we had to go to the ER for a foreign object in my husband's eye. I am taking the time now to apologize for not calling to cancel our reservations. But, because of all the excitement, I am sure you will understand. We do have intentions of making reservations again. We have heard and read many great reviews of Tomas Bistro. We will get in touch soon. Thank you, Debbie PlaegerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCrazyzenorleansDined on 8/21/2014It was the best lamb I've ever had! I had the groupon so we were able to experience a nice meal but would go again even with out it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014Fantastic! Super friendly staff and wonderful food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding service.Jakedu4Dined on 8/16/2014We had a terrific meal here. Good was amazing and the service blew us away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and very good service. Tomas has a series of good restaurnats in the area. Walked cross the street and listened to great Jazz.Special Features:
- I Need More Stars for service!!!scFOODguruDined on 8/9/2014What an experience! First of all the service. I don't recall the gentleman's name but he was wonderful. Very attentive. The food was amazing. We started with the crawfish popovers. They were beyond words. I had the lamb medium. It was so good. Did I mention the gumbo? I need to mention the gumbo. Let me mention the gumbo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheloniusDined on 8/8/2014This is a very likeable, rather elegant--white table cloths and napkins--classic European-style restaurant. Prices are reasonable, and good wines are also reasonable. I've eaten here several times and have found the food quality consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter with an attitudenoladinerDined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful but our waiter had such an attitude that he brought down the whole dinner. I have dined here before and not had that problem, so maybe it is unfair to post this. But even friends of ours who do not dine out a lot commented on how rude and condensending the waiter was. Busboys were great and kept table clean and water glasses filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Groupon ExperiencechasVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very nice New Orleans restaurant, not too far from the WWII Memorial. We were 2 couples celebrating 2 birthdays. Food was good and service was very good. I found this restaurant using Groupon, so that helped a bit with the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- Not worth itJohnGaltDined on 7/19/2014We ordered to the two fish plates on the menu per our waiter's recommendation and the duck plate. We ordered 4 kids plates and a vegetarian plate off the menu. Fish tasted old and fishy. Duck was a bit salty. Overall the Food was overpriced & the restaurant is not kid friendly - Kids plates were $12 each for breaded chicken and fries. The vegetation plate of risotto for my daughter was $22 -really? Waiter after dropping off food never checked on us again. I drained my scotch but was not offered another one. Bartender had no idea what a MaiTai was and instead served my wife a Vodka with Pineapple for which she charged us a dollar for the pineapple. To conclude, the server threw a in 20% gratuity into our bill for his lousy service.Special Features:
- great for a groupValliecatVIPDined on 7/19/2014There were six in our party Saturday evening, our reservations was for 7p and the place was almost empty. Giovanni was our server ans was very knowledgable of the menu. We had several appetizers for the table - the Shrimp Absinthe had a delixious broth, we were dipping everything in that. I had the grilled cobia with grits, very good. You must get the caramel creme brulee cannolis - divine!Special Features:
- dezinerDined on 7/19/2014This was my second time dining at Tomas Bistro and it was absolutely wonderful again! The blackened fish, oysters, app & deserts were amazing and I will return.Special Features:
- Treading WaterNavarrefoodieDined on 7/18/2014Got the feeling that they were holding on to past glory, and not moving forward. Nothing was particularly horrible, it was just ok. At this price point, the quality of the lamb was "supermarket". Dishes were heavily over salted, burning the mouth. I could not recommend this place.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious! We had a fairly large group but were able to schedule our reservations with ease. They got ya right in, provided top notch service and even gave us complimentary sparkling wine for our birthdays. I highly recommend Tomas Bistro to anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a quiet, wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food and service...CajunAngelDined on 7/8/2014I have been to this restaurant two times, and both times the food and service were superior. The decor is very pleasant, with varied spaces to sit in. Would definitely go there again. Don't know why more people haven't told me about it... it is a good find and not a tourist trap. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- SandiSandiDined on 6/29/2014The food was fantastic! The risotto had just the right amount of goat cheese and was so creamy!Special Features:
- Absolutely Amazing!JonnyVieuxdoDined on 6/28/2014I do not have the time nor the space to say all of the good things that I want to about Tomas. A gem, thanks to Groupon that we were able to visit. The service was absolutely amazing. Our waiter was professional, friendly and most of all knowledgeable. The atmosphere was warm and romantic. The food was exceptional, in presentation and taste. The mussels were tender and juicy. The Gumbo Yaya had me wanting more. The lamb that I had practically melted in my mouth. It was hard to choose a desert, but we went with the creme brulee filled cannoli and did not regret it. All in all, Tomas Bistro is now in our top 5 places to eat in the city. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!winluvaVIPDined on 6/27/2014The ambiance was very intimate! The service was great and the food was simply amazing. Warning please don't sleep on this restaurant it is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary dinnercocoDined on 6/25/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and service. Crawfish poppers were delicious! The duck was superb. Fish was a little salty, but the grits with goat cheese to die for!Special Features:
- ToddDined on 6/20/2014Great food as always with one of Tommy's restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRetiredx2Dined on 6/18/2014We visited Tomas Bistro using a Groupon we had purchased and had a wonderful experience with the service and food. We both chose steak this time and it was both delicious and excellent presentations. I love my steak medium rare and it was just perfect. We had the White chocolate mouse pastel for dessert and it was to die for. This is a great restaurant for locals and tourist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; mediocre serviceNOLAFoodieDined on 6/6/2014The food here was delicious. The hubs got the lamb and I got the duck and neither of us was disappointed. The wine list was varied enough and was reasonably priced; always a plus. We also had their pulled pork gumbo -- something I've never seen before -- which was quite tasty with a nice, dark, flavorful roux. I found the service to be just ok -- not terrible but definitely not exceptional. The restaurant wasn't very crowded and there were only two servers working, one who wasn't feeling well according to our server so he made it sound like it was single coverage. During the meal the service was no problem, but we waited for almost 10 minutes after we were sat for waters and drink orders. That's a big negative in New Orleans!Special Features:
- Very good spotOccasionaldinerDined on 6/5/2014The food was very good as was the service. Priced about right, it's a little off the beaten path and right next to a much more well-known spot. We enjoyed our anniversary dinner there. The food won't disappoint and the dessert was awesome. Portions were about right too, though we split a dessert due to being pretty full from the meal and appetizers. It's also very pretty.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in the area!nolagalDined on 6/1/2014I've been twice, and was very impressed both times. Every dish is planned and executed with great attention to detail. My filet, ordered "very rare", was cooked perfectly. The service is fabulous. I can't say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French AmbiancetrinigalDined on 5/30/2014We were very excited for this outting at Tomas Bistro, one because we had a Groupon (very recommended) and for the great reviews. Ambiance was Frenchy and elegant. Service was attentive, helpful, and honest. Food was good but not for such a high price, we have had better. Good to try though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but Not GreatJPDSDined on 5/25/2014This was my wife's and my first visit to the restaurant. We found the service to be top-notch and the food quality was okay but certainly not at a "wow" level. The wine list was decent with many reasonably-priced selections. We visit New Orleans annually but with the stiff restaurant competition in town, we will probably not be inclined to rush back to Tomas Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 182 reviews are from the Tomas Bistro reviews archive.
- Everything was fantastic!!!BrentVIPDined on 5/25/2014We really enjoyed ourselves. We took another couple with us, and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at Tomas BistroNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/25/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The Lamb meal was excellent and great portions. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!LuvgoodcookingDined on 5/24/2014Nice quiet restaurant where you can actually talk and listen to the people you are with. The waiter was very knowledgable about all the dishes and made excellent recommendations. The food was delicious and hot when served. And the dessert (which was a white chocolate mousse in a chocolate molded cup) was a work of art. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightFunkyFleurdelisDined on 5/23/2014We loved our experience here on my husbands birthday. Our server was super friendly and helpful with menu choices. The food was all delicious and well worth the price. Thank you for making his 30th a special one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLH78Dined on 5/22/2014The food was very good and variety was sufficient to satisfy any tastes. The most vibrant part of the service was the food runner who had character and a smile on his face. Unfortunately, the host nor the server had too much enthusiasm about the food or your dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dezinerDined on 5/21/2014Food was very good and service was excellent! Would definitely return and look forward to doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014The service was incredible! The food was delicious! Definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Meat AugratinDoubleRDined on 5/18/2014Crab Meat Augratin is wonderful. Rack of lamb was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeprincesssixelaDined on 5/17/2014really nicely designed to feel small and intimate while being quite a large restaurant. food was excellent and service was great.Special Features:
- Varied menu, good servicejrdesignsDined on 5/17/2014Our party of 6 arrived early but our table was ready for us. Service was good but the server lacked friendliness - I don't think he smiled once. The food was very good - especially the duck. I thought the menu was varied enough to suit everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.