755 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomasbistro.com/
- Phone: (504) 527-0942
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Guy Sockrider
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking to have a sit-down dinner, banquet style reception, or a cocktail party with hand-passed hors d’oeuvres, our event coordinator will work with you to plan the perfect event to fit your needs. With an extensive menu, an impressive wine list, full bar & several dining packages to choose from, an experience at Tomas Bistro will be sure to please and impress your guests!
- Private Party Contact: Emily Radosta 5045811103
A word from Tomas Bistro
Tomas Bistro was carved out of an old factory in the Warehouse District and made to house a French Creole style bistro. The interior is unusual in its simplicity, with heavy use of mahogany wood & French decor and music, Tomas creates the feeling and look of France. A romantic and cozy warm feeling attracts diners for a small bite or a full dinner. The French-Creole style of old-world food brings to you the love of cooking to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Tomas Bistro - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Tomas Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (37)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (17)notable wine list (11)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Decent OptionTheRussianJudgeDined on 11/16/2014Tomas is close to being good. Ordered Foie Gras which came out very cold in the middle (perhaps they tried to cook a frozen piece)? The duck confit was ok but the breast was served with 1/4 inch of soft fat with no crisp. The breast meat itself was served med rare and was tasty. The sides were good; a nice rice and greens. One positive is we could get in on short notice and it is definitely no the Bourbon street chaos.
- Good food, lousy serviceLousyServiceDined on 11/15/2014The food was the best part of our experience. However, the service made the overall experience disappointing. We never really figured out who our waiter was, since every interaction seemed to be with someone different. While not an issue per/se, it's just that none of interactions were particularly friendly or professional. The first waiter totally skipped the drink order of one member of our party, and it was difficult to find a waiter when we wanted to order another round. To add insult to injury they had the gall to automatically add a 20% gratuity since we were a party of 7. I will definitely not be going back.Special Features:
- Organic ChickenDianeADined on 11/15/2014It was good to find free range organic chicken being prepared, although it was not mentioned on the menu. The chicken and bearnaise sauce was delicious, although it would have been better served with a green vegetable, like asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for twoMarciAnnDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary and really enjoyed it. The restaurant has a romantic feel to it and the tables spaced well so that you weren't disturbed by other diner's conversations. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu and specials offered that evening. We would definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceNiceTomasBistroDined on 11/13/2014The menu is what brought us in. I had the rack of lamb, medium rare. My wife had venison loin, medium, and my daughter had the tenderloin, medium rare. All were cooked perfectly. The sauces and sides were absolutely delicious. Staff was great. It is in a beautiful and interesting building. We will dine there again when we visit New Orleans. It isn't cheap. With tip, I spent $200 for three people, but it was a special occasion so I wasn't worried about the cost. I just wanted a very special dining experience in celebration of my daughter's 18th birthday. We weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Food and ServiceMarkPorterLiveDined on 11/8/2014Outstanding experience with both food and service. What a warm and welcoming vibe from the folks that work there and owner. Crepes, Lobster Bisque & Bouillabaisse were all perfect. On our second visit the steak for Linda and the Fish special for me were both exceptional. A five star experience at $$$ prices. Thanks Jamie & Tommy!Special Features:
- Delicious crepesChrisDined on 11/6/2014I came to Tomas bistro bc they had last minute opening/reservation on open table. I am glad I did. The appetizers and food was amazing. I highly recommend the crepes w goat cheese. That was my favorite. Along w the creme brûlée dessert. The entrees were nice and saucy. Actually the first place I went to in New Orleans that didn't have fried stuff. Although I wouldn't order the seafood stew again it was bland and not spicy enough for me. I prefered the appetizers. I would go there again, but there are so many restaurants to choose from that id prefer to try a new place. It was a bit too loud for my liking but that's just me. I had trouble hearing the server give specials and listen to my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding & Private Back RoomJMartinDined on 11/4/2014Tomas Bistro was a hit on so many levels. The food was terrific starting with the appetizers to the dessert at the end. Our wait staff even took time during the meal to show us a private back room they use for large events and weddings, being that we were in a large group ourselves. They were flexible with our reservation as we were running 30 minutes behind and the meal flowed with consistence through our evening. I never felt our food were rushed form course-to-course and there never appeared to be great lengths of time between courses either. I highly recommend Tomas Bistro and don't be fooled by the number of patrons as this places is top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent cuisineHomegirlDined on 10/31/2014The food at Tomas Bistro was excellent. The tomato/avocado salad was so fresh and creatively prepared. The dressing was light and simply seasoned to let the freshness of the ingredients take center stage. The special of the evening was a speared Gulf swordfish. The fish was tender, sweet, and done to perfection. The presentation of the entree was not especially the most creative, but the quality of the food and preparation was superb and outweighed that minor shortcoming. The Chef is to be congratulated. I highly recommend Tomas Bistro and would gladly go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014I ate here on my very first trip to New Orelans. Joseph and Neel were wonderful in describing and helping me select from the outstanding menu choices. The food was prepared beautifully, was delicious and served impeccably. I would eat here again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsShopgirlnolaVIPDined on 10/27/2014We like to take family and friends visiting NO to Tomas. The menu is an excellent blend of traditional Italian dishes with a NO twist. The restaurant itself is sister to Tommy's across the street. Given the choice, we opt for Early in the week...it can get crowded mid-week and a bit noisier. We LOVE Tomas Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger licking goodJetsetter8Dined on 10/25/2014This was the best food that we had the entire time we were in New Orleans and that's saying something! Every meal was completely balanced and full of flavour. Still thinking about it days laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing excitingKicostarVIPDined on 10/15/2014Went there on Wednesday night. Restaurant was pretty empty but somewhat filled later in the night. The food was not a standout - had shrimp remoulade and the bouillabaise. There was a piece of bread in the bouillabaise, which I found had an unusual taste. The place was pretty dark and sometimes made it difficult to see what I ate. Overall, expected more.
- Great FoodDuckyBillDined on 10/7/2014I ordered the duck; it was delicious and presented nicely.Special Features:
- excellentlucky1Dined on 10/3/2014Outstanding wait service. Has valet parking - not identified on web site. I had the duck with a great sauce but the champagne crab as an appetizer. Friend had steak which was salty- waiter immediately corrected the problem with a new steak.Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful decor but wanting more.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Tomas is a beautifully place to a a romantic dinner. The ambiance is seductive and appealing however the food was a flop and the service was mediocre. I did not enjoy my choice in entree which was filet mignon medium well which was presented as a charred piece of meat. It had the look of leather. I was very disappointed and would not recommend not would I visit again.Special Features:
- My Second Visit with GuestspattycakeDined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic. The Grilled Panzanella salad was delicious, more like a stack with avocado and grilled vegetables; their Chicken and Andouille gumbo was delicious. We had Bouillabaisse and the Carpetbagger Steak and the Rack of Lamb; all yummy. I'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!Brooksie24VIPDined on 9/30/2014Dined here on my last day in NOLA. Looks like I saved the best for last. NOLA restaurants are wonderful. We had several outstanding meals. But Tomas's menu and prep was superb. Just the right amount of seasoning on the veal. My fiance had the lamb rack and loved it so much, went back the following night for more. He loved the cheesecake and I swooned over the poached pears.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Menu had a number of interesting options. The appetizers were actually quite good. Then... The ship sank. Entrees were like warm at best. The lack of temperature ruined the taste. We didn't send it back because they would have had to clear the table and we were not interested in the wait. Then the wait for desserts..too...looooong! Desserts were a mix bag.
- Quality food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We have been here on two occasions. Each visit was greeted with excellent food and service. I will certainly return.Special Features:
- A must stopNolaFoodieDined on 9/25/2014Great food and wonderful atmosphere. Definitely a must stop on any foodies list.Special Features:
- PatandRoseDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed our meal and service very much. Highly recommend this jewelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I guess service makes a differenceLARKVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a good restaurant. Great location and great ambience. The food was good, not exceptional. Dessert was awful. Service could've made a big difference. Our waiter did a decent job however he was not friendly and it seened he did not care about our experience. She did not introduce himself, I have to call him so he could take her drink orders, and he forgot about the specials. There too many good restaurants in New Orleans for us to consider coming back to Tomas bistro.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceInkspillerDined on 8/30/2014Great service, delicious food, lovely presentation. Very accommodating and personable staff. We even received tour of reception facilities. Not sure why so many empty tables. This is a great place with beautiful ambiance and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with GrouponPiesingtonDined on 8/28/2014I dined here using the groupon and it was a great experience. The place was pretty empty, but our reservation was on a Tuesday night around 8pm. The ambiance and decor is romantic. The service was excellent and food choices good, had leftovers.Special Features:
- great foodluckyone4744Dined on 8/24/2014the food and service were both very good. The food did win out.Special Features:
- Dinner reservation on 8/23/14OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately, we were not able to make it into New Orleans that night because we had to go to the ER for a foreign object in my husband's eye. I am taking the time now to apologize for not calling to cancel our reservations. But, because of all the excitement, I am sure you will understand. We do have intentions of making reservations again. We have heard and read many great reviews of Tomas Bistro. We will get in touch soon. Thank you, Debbie PlaegerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCrazyzenorleansDined on 8/21/2014It was the best lamb I've ever had! I had the groupon so we were able to experience a nice meal but would go again even with out it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014Fantastic! Super friendly staff and wonderful food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding service.Jakedu4Dined on 8/16/2014We had a terrific meal here. Good was amazing and the service blew us away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and very good service. Tomas has a series of good restaurnats in the area. Walked cross the street and listened to great Jazz.Special Features:
- I Need More Stars for service!!!scFOODguruDined on 8/9/2014What an experience! First of all the service. I don't recall the gentleman's name but he was wonderful. Very attentive. The food was amazing. We started with the crawfish popovers. They were beyond words. I had the lamb medium. It was so good. Did I mention the gumbo? I need to mention the gumbo. Let me mention the gumbo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheloniusDined on 8/8/2014This is a very likeable, rather elegant--white table cloths and napkins--classic European-style restaurant. Prices are reasonable, and good wines are also reasonable. I've eaten here several times and have found the food quality consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter with an attitudenoladinerDined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful but our waiter had such an attitude that he brought down the whole dinner. I have dined here before and not had that problem, so maybe it is unfair to post this. But even friends of ours who do not dine out a lot commented on how rude and condensending the waiter was. Busboys were great and kept table clean and water glasses filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 200 reviews are from the Tomas Bistro reviews archive.
- Nice Groupon ExperiencechasVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very nice New Orleans restaurant, not too far from the WWII Memorial. We were 2 couples celebrating 2 birthdays. Food was good and service was very good. I found this restaurant using Groupon, so that helped a bit with the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- Not worth itJohnGaltDined on 7/19/2014We ordered to the two fish plates on the menu per our waiter's recommendation and the duck plate. We ordered 4 kids plates and a vegetarian plate off the menu. Fish tasted old and fishy. Duck was a bit salty. Overall the Food was overpriced & the restaurant is not kid friendly - Kids plates were $12 each for breaded chicken and fries. The vegetation plate of risotto for my daughter was $22 -really? Waiter after dropping off food never checked on us again. I drained my scotch but was not offered another one. Bartender had no idea what a MaiTai was and instead served my wife a Vodka with Pineapple for which she charged us a dollar for the pineapple. To conclude, the server threw a in 20% gratuity into our bill for his lousy service.Special Features:
- great for a groupValliecatVIPDined on 7/19/2014There were six in our party Saturday evening, our reservations was for 7p and the place was almost empty. Giovanni was our server ans was very knowledgable of the menu. We had several appetizers for the table - the Shrimp Absinthe had a delixious broth, we were dipping everything in that. I had the grilled cobia with grits, very good. You must get the caramel creme brulee cannolis - divine!Special Features:
- dezinerDined on 7/19/2014This was my second time dining at Tomas Bistro and it was absolutely wonderful again! The blackened fish, oysters, app & deserts were amazing and I will return.Special Features:
- Treading WaterNavarrefoodieDined on 7/18/2014Got the feeling that they were holding on to past glory, and not moving forward. Nothing was particularly horrible, it was just ok. At this price point, the quality of the lamb was "supermarket". Dishes were heavily over salted, burning the mouth. I could not recommend this place.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious! We had a fairly large group but were able to schedule our reservations with ease. They got ya right in, provided top notch service and even gave us complimentary sparkling wine for our birthdays. I highly recommend Tomas Bistro to anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a quiet, wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.