Toma Restaurant & Bar
324 West Cabrillo Boulevard
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toma Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tomarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8059620777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nat Ely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Toma Restaurant & Bar
Toma Restaurant and Bar is the new waterfront bistro,located along Santa Barbara's picturesque Cabrillo Blvd. Experience Santa Barbara waterfront's most romantic restaurant. Savor exquisite Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes from Santa Barbara's seasonal bounty, supporting our local fisherman, farmers, foragers and food artisans. Pour over local and Italian wines along with a full bar of handcrafted cocktails and spirits. Enjoy warm and attentive service while dining window side with a view of the enchanting Santa Barbara harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Toma Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Toma Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (155)romantic (137)neighborhood gem (114)notable wine list (91)scenic view (88)hot spot (51)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Exceeded my expectations for the second time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014'This was my second time at Toma's again it exceeded my expentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 visits to TomaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My first experience was outstanding. Second visit I ordered Ono special and it was so hard I could not cut it so needless to say I could not eat it and left it. Everything else was outstanding but now I am now sure I could recommend it without qualification obviously.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!LuvfabmealDined on 10/18/2014One of the best meals in a long time! Everything was perfect. Moderately priced wine was amazing, as was ahi appetizer and shrimp and gnocchi. Topped off by fabulous service. Can't want to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Seeking OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were excellent, while the ambiance and setting are modest with tables closely set in the available space. The food reveals a chef with imagination and an advanced skill set. The menu features items that are popular in the current culinary trends in Santa Barbara. We found the entree selection to be limited. Given the chef's abilities, a broader selection would be welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very good food and exelent service. All 5 in our group was very satisfied. The dessert however was a disapointment. I had creme brulee and it was quiet ordinary.Special Features:
- ZandleeDined on 10/17/2014Great food, ambiance, scenery, service and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal and it is clearly well respected in the area as 2 of our cab drivers during our stay commented positively on the restaurant. Very welcoming hosts and wait staff. Good wine. Excellent food. Beautiful setting. We were very pleased we ate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerrdpollackDined on 10/14/2014This was the second time we celebrated our anniversary at Toma. The food , service and atmosphere were great. At the end, I was given a yellow rose to give to my wife . Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We had the sea bass local, line caught by the chef. Perfectly crispy on the outside, tender and fresh on inside, nice paring with potato, fennel and greens. Great atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LisaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had dinner at Toma's. I had an appetizer and my friend had a full entree. Both were absolutely delicious. I had the tuna cones which were both creative and tasty (and a big enough appetizer for four people.) The entree was the roasted chicken with mushroom risotto. The risotto was creamy and delicious and the chicken was moist and very flavorful. The service was very attentive and not at all pretenious. I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- What a Treat!LisaDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is charming with an excellent menu. The service is probably the best I've ever had. Will be back whenever I am there.Special Features:
- Spot on!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Toma never disappoints and is simply DIVINE! I don't want to say anymore because I want to keep it the amazing hidden little gem that it is!Special Features:
- very goodpizzaexpertVIPDined on 10/7/2014the food was exceptionally good, the service excellent and the portions good size. What was not to like?!Special Features:
- A Special 55th AnniversarybosherdineDined on 10/6/2014The Black Spaghetti with Clams and Calamari was superb. The Fried Artichokes and Flatbread were delicious! This was a first visit to Toma.Special Features:
- Great for Birthday CelebrationCelebrateDined on 10/5/2014We hadn't been to Santa Barbara in years. We were looking for a place to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. He is more into good food rather than décor, but I like to look for the ambiance as well. On a recommendation we tried Toma Restaurant and were very pleased with both the food and atmosphere. We would go there again the next time we are in Santa Barbara and would recommend the restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Great as everWookiesMomVIPDined on 10/5/2014In my opinion this is the most consistently excellent restaurant in Santa Barbara in all ways.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnershelleypeDined on 10/5/2014The place was packed on a Sunday, so you know it's good. Everything was great from our first request to turn down the speaker over my husband's head off to the wonderful food including the specials to the wine list had something for every taste. Our server was attentive. He even gave us a surprise dessert for our 18th wedding anniversary. We'll definitely be back next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014My fiancé and I came here to celebrate our engagement while traveling through CA from CT. The maître'd was the friendliest person I met the entire trip, it was a pleasure to be greeted by him! The food was nothing short of fantastic, I highly recommend the tuna cones! The drink menu was out of this world! The only thing I can say as a suggestion is to open shop in CT, we'd be happy regulars! Thanks Toma!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2014We ate at Toma with my Father and Step Mother and it was such a nice experience. The setting is very nice. It was very crowded, every table was taken by 6:30, so best to have a reservation. The chopped salad and short ribs were outstanding, but everything was very tasty. The bread service was great, not sure how they get the bread that texture, but it was delicious, too. Great service. Definitely a place to try if you are in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Favorite Santa Barbara restaurant!!SammyDined on 9/30/2014We visit SB once or twice a year. Toma is the one restaurant that we always go to for a special night out. Everything is always perfect... The service, the knowledgable, friendly staff and the always amazing food. The tuna cones are a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in all ways!LoveItalianFoodDined on 9/30/2014Toma is a small gem of a restaurant. The food and service are outstanding. The pastas are fresh and tender. We had the lasagna and the gnocchi and both were delicious. My husband had the heirloom tomato/burrata salad and raved about it. Nice wine list, fairly priced.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceTeamShahDined on 9/30/2014My husband took me to Toma last night for my birthday and we had a wonderful experience. I am pretty picky when it comes to restaurants and there is absolutely nothing I can complain about. To start with, the SERVICE is out of this world. Tre was our server and he was very attentive....never annoying. Great ambiance- love the jazz art on the wall- candles and flowers on the table were a lovely touch. Now for the food. We started with the arugala salad and chicken & goat cheese flatbread- both were very tasty. Both my husband and I both got the lasagna. We usually don't order the same thing but after seeing it, smelling it and hearing about it, we had to do it. AND IT WAS AMAZING! We both cleaned our plates. Great wine/dessert selection!Special Features:
- Great ambiance meets good foodKatsDined on 9/28/2014We love Toma! The ambiance is really terrific and it makes you feel like you are dining in Europe. Being right across from the beach is wonderful. The service is nicely attentive and helpful and the food is consistently high quality. We have been here on two special occasions and were happily satisfied both times. It's a great one to add to your list of stops in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- INTENSE - du début à la finrobnrow2dinnerDined on 9/27/2014I happened to notice a quaint table for two, next to the picture window, it was ours. For starters we ordered the grilled octopus and the steamed clams. I can honestly say that that was an amazing combination; paired with the green olives stuffed with blue cheese and topped with garlic, wow!! For our entree, mon amour ordered Scallops and Capellini for son amour. Incroyable!! The Capellini complimented the tender Scallops, as though they were meant to be enjoyed together. The combination of flavors created a calming eu·pho·ri·a. Our evening at Toma flowed as though it were composing a romantic ballad. We left in a state of bliss and drunken hearts.Special Features:
- ExcellentRLIPDined on 9/26/2014Toma is a beautiful restaurant with a fabulous menu! The food, service and atmosphere are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014the customer service is excellent, food is excellent, the feel of the room is warm and inviting love the place
- Went With FriendsTennRN88Dined on 9/25/2014We went to Toma with friends and really loved it. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service nice view.MakiDined on 9/24/2014Greeted right away, very welcoming. The place filled up quickly but service remained steady and natural all night. Our table of 6 loved all the food. From the squash blossoms appetizers to the braised short ribs. Nice selection of wines and cocktail offerings. Great place for locals and visitors. We had such a fine evening, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnersluv2dineDined on 9/24/2014Toma restaurant across from the water in Santa Barbara has been one of my favorite places to dine for 20 years. The restaurant used to be called Emilio's and was a fine place then, and with the change of ownership and name, it is still my favorite place in town. Try the Ahi cones, the squash blossoms, the Gnocchi, and the Creme Brulle or anything else on the menu, it's terrific!Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful experience and sure to revisit! The food was delicious with a great combination of different flavors! The service was very attentive and the overall experience very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!kroseDined on 9/23/2014The service and food was great! Try "The Local", best drink I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great ItalianDmonty413VIPDined on 9/22/2014What excellent Italian food in Santa Barbara! We sat at the bar first and enjoyed cocktails and a margherita pizza- bar tender was attentive and friendly. Sat down for dinner and was pleasantly surprised- even the gluten free pasta was delicious! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!HoneymoonDined on 9/21/2014We were staying at the Harbor House Inn and found Toma on yelp as a great romantic spot. Our first night of our honeymoon was spent at Toma and the service, food and wine was unbelievably fantastic. The stuffed and fried olives were a great way to start the meal, we drank the Super Tuscan Sangiovese which was packed with flavor. Apps were the sweet tuna cones and the artichoke hearts with a tangy aoili sauce. My entree was the black truffle gnocchi and I'm still dreaming of it, my husbands entree was the cioppino and he was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Best Service ever!xoxxooxoxoxoxoxooooooooooooooooooooxxoxoxoxoxooooooooooooooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoSpecial Features:
- Excellent food. Attentive service.LifeisgoodDined on 9/21/2014I don't write reviews of anything. Hardly ever anyway. But since you asked--we came to celebrate our anniversary. A major milestone anniversary. I was looking for a place near the water that had really good food. So I searched online for Santa Barbara and read the reviews and saw all the stars for Toma and gave it a shot. The food was great! Loved the squash blossoms. Excellent wine list with local wines to choose from. They spread rose petals over our table cloth. Because I called in for an early reservation we got a window table, which was nice. The beach is across the street and there's not much of an ocean view but it is within easy walking distance and State Street is just a few blocks away. This was a great choice. Thanks, Toma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and excellent foodRajanDined on 9/20/2014We researched online and found this place had excellent ratings. We were not disappointed at all. The food was delicious, great presentation of the food and dessert, love the ambiance, quaint place and very friendly service. It is a small place and makes it ideal for a date night. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just never gets boringHusky59Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant stays as a place you don't take for granted. The other night the special was Fresh Alaska Sock Eye salmon. Prepared imaginatively. My son and I polished of the entire plate and still were capable of a small desert. It remains one of our little jewels.Special Features:
- What a findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014A truly wonderful experience. We arrived early and were seated at the bar. Over beautifully prepared cocktails we looked through the menu at leisure. After 15 minutes we were seated. The restaurant had a really good feeling with a lot of positive buzz and energy without being noisy. The service was excellent and the food was to die for. I had a very creative seafood starter and main. Silvia had a gorgeous vegetarian starter and an amazing vegetarian ravioli (ricotta cheese and tomato). Very rare for us we then had a dessert and only just managed to walk back to the hotel afterwards :-) highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Really lovely experience, great service and outstanding food. (Especially recommend the artichoke starter with the preserved lemon sauce.) Only slight imperfection was the level of crowding of the tables. Our first one felt a bit claustrophobic and as though we couldn't help but feel like we were inadvertently listening in on the conversations on either side of us. Fortunately, a table near the wall/window opened up and they kindly allowed us to relocate. All else was terrific.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationSonsaDined on 9/17/2014Loved the small and cozy feel of a friend's "large dinner party". Great food and service. Wasn't stoked on my first drink but the server knew just what to bring out next to satisfy me. Ordered the blooming squash and loved it. My chicken dinner was also fabulous. Would go there again next time we are in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.