Tom Hams Lighthouse
2150 Harbor Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tom Hams Lighthouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomhamslighthouse.com/
- Phone: 6192919110x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday From 11:30am-3pm
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am to 2pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5pm - 9pm and Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Lance Repp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Stephany in our catering office.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and Semi-private accomadations for groups from 20 to 350. Buyouts avaialble. All Dining space has magnificent view of the San Diego Bay.
- Private Party Contact: Stephany Phenny 619-291-9110x
A word from Tom Hams Lighthouse
Tom Ham’s Lighthouse was built in 1971 by a man who was not afraid to put his name on his product. Rooted in warm welcomes & excellent food, Tom Ham made his lifelong dream a reality. Tom Ham’s Lighthouse is the only restaurant in the US to have a USCG operated & maintained Lighthouse attached to it. You can locate us on any modern nautical map as Beacon #9. Featuring a 100% responsibly resourced seafood menu & award winning Sunday Champagne Brunch, we are a must when it comes to the San Diego food scene. The dining room, purposely shaped like the state of California, allows for groups as grand as 92 yet private enough for a couple’s night out. Holiday brunches have been long time family traditions for many San Diegans. Start your family’s tradition this next holiday. With the best views of the Downtown City Skyline, Coronado & San Diego Bay, Tom Ham's is & remains a San Diego tradition in dining excellence since 1971.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Tom Hams Lighthouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Tom Hams Lighthouse reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (239)great for outdoor dining (203)special occasion (190)romantic (165)good for groups (93)fit for foodies (83)great for brunch (82)great for lunch (75)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (45)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (17)Show More
- Special OccasionBrentWDined on 10/18/2014We were staying at a nearby hotel for work / mini vacation as it is San Diego after all. Many from work suggested the restaurant and they are correct. The food, staff and view sitting outside over Mission Bay was one of the best dining experiences we have had. One dish was sent back as it was a little under done in our opinion but again the service was quick and they totally made the experience very memorable.Special Features:
- Best Night EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great service, great food, and great views. This was a great magical night for my girlfriend and me thanks to the outstanding service. Beautiful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best service!vacationladyDined on 10/16/2014This was a very special occasion for us and our waiter was great in helping with our food selections and also just wonderful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raymond Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Our server Raymond was exceptional! He made great menu suggestions, gave us plenty of time to catch up with old friends, and made our experience very enjoyable. The food was great, and you can't beat the view from the outside patio at this restaurant. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Outstandung deck seatingweekendbaoterDined on 10/10/2014One of the best views of San Diego Harbor. The deck design will be warm and comfy even in the winter timeSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDINGanacamorVIPDined on 10/5/2014Never a disappointment and always enjoyable. The staff is terrific. The food is so fresh and so nicely presented.Special Features:
- birthday dateiscreemloves2brunchDined on 10/5/2014I want bets for a date on Bushey. The ambience was romantic enough for a date but casual enough for a group outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningbruandjenDined on 10/4/2014It was a wonderful experience. First date and she was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLoaclDiner46Dined on 10/4/2014Details were all taken care of, and our dinner was just perfect. Waiter Brian was excellent! Entrees were served when asked for (not early on top of the salad like other restaurants). This was "dining". Chef must have been very well experienced, because the flavors and presentation of the meal were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnJohnVIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding place to have dinner. We visited during restaurant week and everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewGoodFoodsGoodFriendsDined on 10/3/2014If you want a relaxing lunch break, this is the place to go. The view is spectacular. The server was good. The food was good, not amazing.Special Features:
- We asked. For our money backTerribleDined on 10/3/2014It was supposed to be a birthday celebration after waiting 45 minutes NO food asked to speak to manager , she apologized walked into kitchen and delivered my soggy tasteless crab BLT. My friends fish and chips over cooked, dry fish and no flavor. Worst meal everSpecial Features:
- Food is not as good as the viewEatWellDined on 10/2/2014Wish I could say we enjoyed every aspect of dining at Tom Ham's. There were five of us so we could not be seated outside, but we did get a window table so we could enjoy the view. 4 of us had the market fish entree and it was not good. It was overly salted. The other entree was the seared ahi salad and that was very good. If you go be careful what you order. Would have been happier with a hamburger rather than a poorly prepared fish entree. Also, for dessert, the huckleberry upside down cake, was doughy and dry and the so-called berries were burnt into the bottom of the cake....there was also a very hard spicy piece burnt into it. Accidentally bit into it made your mouth numb. ? Appetizers were good, calamari, caesar salad, shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiniDined on 9/30/2014Fabulous experience - great food, wonderful service (Jessica), beautiful ambiance. Definitely will come back soon.Special Features:
- johnDined on 9/30/2014Asked to split the check in half but on my bank statement the system showed that I paid the full amount. Since its pending I'll wait a couple days to see if the amount changes or not. Delicious lobster roll but I did not get the side salad that I asked for. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!DinewithfriendsDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant has always been one of my favorites. Restaurant week just made it better. You must try this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Great ServiceChrisDined on 9/28/2014From the moment we arrived with an extra member in our brunch party, the reception team were gracious in accomodating us. Until the time we left the service from our waiter Davor was the best ever!!!! He deserves a special note of thanks for his great attention and service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week RushTonyRodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Usually enjoy the food and service but last Saturday evening we were subject to a "car wash speed" service that was trying to get us out in under an hour. I understand it was Restaurant week, but serving our main course halfway through appetizers, and continuously pressuring us to remove dishes before we were done, is no way to allow customers to enjoy a relaxing (expensive) wedding anniversary meal. They better not pull this again, or it will be the last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ham's just gets better and betterStillkickenDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have always celebrated our special occasions, over the last 37 years, at Tom Ham's. We will continue to take our friends and family for special occasions and sometimes we will go just "for the heck of it".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JeNaRiLeDined on 9/27/2014It was my first time at this restaurant and i was pleasantly surprised. We went during restaurant week with our kids, and the choices were part of their regular menu, which is always nice. We all ordered different dishes, which included calamari, ceviche, fried chicken sandwich, crab sandwich, hamburger, steak and red velvet lava cake. We were highly satisfied with our food, it was beautiful, fresh and flavorful. The service impeccable, no rushing, everyone takes their time. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the Marina. In my opinion, much better than any of the La Jolla restaurants. You get to park easily and don't get the awful smell that you have to deal with while dining over there. It was our family of four, with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Personal Fave Spots!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This was my first time there since the renovation that added the exterior patio dining....WOW!!! Gorgeous view! Very romantic and beautiful ambiance altogether! The mussels appetizer, wild caught salmon, & cinnamon vanilla gelato were AMAZING!:) I'm definitely coming back & am now a regular. Make reservations on a Friday or Saturday night, as they are really busy. Very upscale and pricey, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- spectacular experience!SDCheatTreatsDined on 9/26/2014Having never heard of this place we decided to give it a try during restaurant week due to it's extensive menu options. Everything was impeccable. The mussels appetizer were delicious followed by my swordfish entrée and upside down cake for dessert. Their sangria was probably the best I've ever had and nothing beats the view of the skyline at night. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall... AmazingMorgan1Dined on 9/26/2014My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for restaurant week - overall I would say it was an amazing experience. The food was a knock out! I have a few diet restrictions, so sometimes it's difficult to find options that I can have. Plenty of healthy options that have amazing flavor. The only downside was that there was a wedding there the same night that we went so parking was next to impossible. My suggestion is that they should have either called us before and explained where else that we could have parked or had someone waiting outside to direct us towards an alternative parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placeElykeDined on 9/26/2014The place has an amazing view of downtown San Diego, it has a very romantic mood, food and service are great.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsu078Dined on 9/26/2014My in-laws were in town to join us for a concert at Humphrey's so we decided to try Tom Hams for dinner before the show. I was under the impression this place was old & not so 'hip' - I was completely wrong. Last year they did an extensive remodel & the results are modern & inviting with outstanding views of the water/city. We arrived 1/2 before our reservation & the bar was completely full but that was no problem because we were seated by extremely welcoming staff at an outdoor table where we watched boats go by & wedding ceremonies below on the lawn. It truly was beautiful. The cocktails, wine & food were excellent - the waitress happy to comply with my picky ordering & we all raved about the experience after. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- DininggirlDined on 9/26/2014This place is just amazing. I went here with a friend on restaurant week and it was worth it. We only paid $15 for an appetizer and entree. We got a patio seating, the view was beautiful. The only thing that bothered me was that my server forgot to give me my tartar sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potentialFoodie11Dined on 9/25/2014Our group of 4 chose Tom Ham's for restaurant week. The view is INCREDIBLE! We started with appetizers, the mussels were amazing, and a great bottle of wine. Things started to go downhill after that. One of our wine glasses was dirty and after the first three were poured, my friend didn't get her glass for a good ten minutes. Then our entrees were brought out and no one checked back until we were almost finished. My salmon was pretty overcooked so I asked for a bit more of the corn purée sauce and they wouldn't give me any saying they were out. We got another bottle of wine and waited as it took over a half hour for dessert to come out. I understand it's Restaurant Week but come on. Our bill was $224 so for that amount, I expect more.Special Features:
- Good foodDizabethDined on 9/25/2014The food at Tom's was divine (restaurant week, special menu) the service was great, the view was spectacular BUT the noise level was a hindrance. I wear a hearing aid and the level of talk around us was so loud we could not carry on a conversation. We were seated between a large group and a smaller group. This was my birthday dinner while in California for a wedding. We eventually moved to the bar area where the noise was muted some and we could talk between us and I could hear better.Special Features:
- New favoriteRBIIIDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding in every way....food, ambiance, service. Sunset view is fantastic. Well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so greatSeanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week and i was very impressed. Great food, great views, the waiter gave us great suggestions. Overall i was very happy with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beautiful viewAlwayshungryDined on 9/24/2014We went to Tom Hamms Lighthouse for Restaurant Week. It was very busy and it it took a little while to get our food but the wait was worth it. The food is amazing - they specialize in seafood. Our server was apologetic due to the wait but he never forgot about us and kept checking in. Overall it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Worth it for the ViewJDinSDDined on 9/24/2014The best part of this restaurant is the view! The food is good but nothing jumped out as amazing. The specialty cocktails were also good, again not amazing. The maple bacon cinnamon roll was dense and dry, not good. Come for the view, its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious diningluvssandiegoDined on 9/23/2014Grilled asparagus-perfect , swordfish-impressive, filet -yummy, full sized portions for restaurant week, excellent service with a fantastic view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View in San DiegoShellyDined on 9/23/2014We had a table on the patio, watched the sun set on the city and enjoyed good food from the Restaurant Week Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply awesomeKast619Dined on 9/23/2014To begin with the parking was so easy, so much parking available so never will be a problem. We had made reservations so we got seated right away, choice between inside or balcony, we went with balcony and right away the view was beautiful. The ocean with the city view, really awesome. The service could not have been better, our server was very polite and did not rush us, he made us feel comfortable and welcomed. As well as the rest of the servers who were picking our plates up and filling our drinks, very polite. The food was perfectly portioned, it was the menu from restaurant week and all I have to say is that the prices plus all that food was more than worth it, almost a steal. Over all my experience at Tom Hams lighthouse was great.Special Features:
- Scenic spotLolaDined on 9/23/2014Great evening. Request James as your server..you will not be disappointed. Reasonable prices, good food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chas980VIPDined on 9/23/2014Went here on restaurant week. Service by Raymond was excellent. Portions were not cut down for RW, very good sized. Food was very good. The view outside is outstanding. I hadn't been here before the remodel, so I can't compare, but it is real nice now with the outside dining. I had the rib-eye, cooked perfectly, and the wife had the salmon, which was delicious. The kale salad was delicious as was my wife's beet salad. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Tom'srodgerDined on 9/23/2014The location seating plan provide a scenic view from ant table, the food is wonderful and the portions generous. The servers are availabe but not intrusive. A grand way to enjoy a fine mealSpecial Features:
- Great experienceLaomaoDined on 9/23/2014We enjoy the fantastic view, extremely friendly server, tasty steak there. Even we went there during the restaurant week, it was still quiet and we could secure a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Was super awesome! Took my girlfriend for dinner and we both enjoyed the view. The food was excellent! Our waitress was extremely nice and knew everything like the back of her handSpecial Features: