Tom Hams Lighthouse
2150 Harbor Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tom Hams Lighthouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomhamslighthouse.com/
- Phone: (619) 291-9110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday From 11:30am-3pm
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am to 2pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5pm - 9pm and Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Lance Repp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Stephany in our catering office.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and Semi-private accomadations for groups from 20 to 350. Buyouts avaialble. All Dining space has magnificent view of the San Diego Bay.
- Private Party Contact: Stephany Phenny 619-291-9110x
A word from Tom Hams Lighthouse
Tom Ham’s Lighthouse was built in 1971 by a man who was not afraid to put his name on his product. Rooted in warm welcomes & excellent food, Tom Ham made his lifelong dream a reality. Tom Ham’s Lighthouse is the only restaurant in the US to have a USCG operated & maintained Lighthouse attached to it. You can locate us on any modern nautical map as Beacon #9. Featuring a 100% responsibly resourced seafood menu & award winning Sunday Champagne Brunch, we are a must when it comes to the San Diego food scene. The dining room, purposely shaped like the state of California, allows for groups as grand as 92 yet private enough for a couple’s night out. Holiday brunches have been long time family traditions for many San Diegans. Start your family’s tradition this next holiday. With the best views of the Downtown City Skyline, Coronado & San Diego Bay, Tom Ham's is & remains a San Diego tradition in dining excellence since 1971.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tom Hams Lighthouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Tom Hams Lighthouse reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (234)great for outdoor dining (204)special occasion (187)romantic (162)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (84)great for brunch (79)great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (42)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (13)Show More
- Beautiful setting and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Great Sunday buffet, but much too expensive for senior adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experience at Tom HamsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This was our first time going to Tom Hams and we had a wonderful dining experience. The seafood was amazingly fresh. We plan to go back very soon and next time we will bring guests. It was the perfect setting with an awesome view to celebrate Jo's birthday. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ChoiceWhateverVIPDined on 11/22/2014I'm surprised that this place was so easy to get a last minute reservation. What a spectacular view! The wine was great, my wife had the Filet and I had the Swordfish and both were great. We are so happy we decided to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014I took my wife to Tom's for her birthday. Wonderful view and good food and nice service. We will be back to try other menu items as we had a tough time deciding between dishes.Special Features:
- A bit priceyhandyjimDined on 11/20/2014We wanted a restaurant with a nice view, where we could get seafood (particularly oysters). Tom Hamms met those goals. There were five in our party, and the long table at which we were seated was hard on the servers, and not great for conversation. Our server, while sincere in effort, had a strong Croation accent that was hard to understand. My adult son, who recommended the venue, was taken aback by the prices. Not what he remembered. I had checked out the website, so was not surprised. Our food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversaryMikeDined on 11/19/2014The food/service/ambiance was absolutely perfect for our anniversary. Great place, amazing view. All around lovely. Couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View in TownRBIIIDined on 11/19/2014This was our second dinner here and we've been delighted each time. The food and service match the view.....outstanding. We'll be back, many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all the way around!silous05Dined on 11/16/2014A view to die for while enjoying excellent food. Service was well timed. My wife and I will definitely go back over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samuel freemanLovespot47Dined on 11/9/2014Great and more 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SundayluckylocalDined on 11/9/2014Good weather, good food, good company and breathtaking view. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicebarajasbombersDined on 11/8/2014This is a very beautiful restaurant with amazing food and excellent service. I would recommend to a friend or family member and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our night out!Gpa2GeorgiaDined on 11/8/2014We had 7:30 reservations and got there a half hour early. No problem, had a drink at the bar. We were seated by 7:20. Nice table on the outside terrace. Great view of the harbor. Our waiter Todd was awesome. Very friendly person, we had questions about different restaurants in San dDiego, he answered them all. He was great! The rest of the staff was spot on from the beginning to the end. We will definitely be back, and hope to have Todd as our waiter. The food was outstanding in every aspect. The pricing was extremely fair. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GREAT Place!ocdxfvDined on 11/8/2014We had a rare opportunity to visit this wonderful place on an unseasonably warm Saturday night in November and got to sit outside on the balcony overlooking the beautiful SD skyline, with a full moon rising over the city. The meal was excellent, the service was outstanding, the evening was so very very memorable. Couldn't have been happier!Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereRegularGuyDined on 11/8/2014The setting for this restaurant is incredible--a fantastic view of the bay and San Diego skyline. An interesting menu combined with excellent service makes for an all-around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Ain't Retirement Parties No Mo!FriendlyVIPDined on 11/7/2014My wife wanted to try it, and she was impressed by the good food, great service, and great views. It was a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our wedding luncheonSDgoodspotDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding and our server made the occasion very special for us. It was perfect sitting outside on the patio and the food wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood Great experiencePairofjacks2Dined on 11/4/20143 associates and I visited for a special dinner celebrating a working anniversary. Enjoyed good wine great service delicious food and an outstanding dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pelbinDined on 11/3/2014My first time at the restaurant and it was already highly recommended for food, service and scenery. This was better than I thought. Very friendly personnel and outstanding food and service. Felt very much cared for.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We have been coming here 2 years in a row now, we went for our Honeymoon and again on Our Anniversary. Always have a Great Server, View, overall fun time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad We WentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Lived here in SD for 6 yrs w/out visiting Tom Ham's. So glad we finally went. It's definitely a keeper and will be a great place to bring out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBrentWDined on 10/18/2014We were staying at a nearby hotel for work / mini vacation as it is San Diego after all. Many from work suggested the restaurant and they are correct. The food, staff and view sitting outside over Mission Bay was one of the best dining experiences we have had. One dish was sent back as it was a little under done in our opinion but again the service was quick and they totally made the experience very memorable.Special Features:
- Best Night EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great service, great food, and great views. This was a great magical night for my girlfriend and me thanks to the outstanding service. Beautiful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best service!vacationladyDined on 10/16/2014This was a very special occasion for us and our waiter was great in helping with our food selections and also just wonderful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raymond Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Our server Raymond was exceptional! He made great menu suggestions, gave us plenty of time to catch up with old friends, and made our experience very enjoyable. The food was great, and you can't beat the view from the outside patio at this restaurant. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Outstandung deck seatingweekendbaoterDined on 10/10/2014One of the best views of San Diego Harbor. The deck design will be warm and comfy even in the winter timeSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDINGanacamorVIPDined on 10/5/2014Never a disappointment and always enjoyable. The staff is terrific. The food is so fresh and so nicely presented.Special Features:
- birthday dateiscreemloves2brunchDined on 10/5/2014I want bets for a date on Bushey. The ambience was romantic enough for a date but casual enough for a group outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningbruandjenDined on 10/4/2014It was a wonderful experience. First date and she was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLoaclDiner46Dined on 10/4/2014Details were all taken care of, and our dinner was just perfect. Waiter Brian was excellent! Entrees were served when asked for (not early on top of the salad like other restaurants). This was "dining". Chef must have been very well experienced, because the flavors and presentation of the meal were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnJohnVIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding place to have dinner. We visited during restaurant week and everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewGoodFoodsGoodFriendsDined on 10/3/2014If you want a relaxing lunch break, this is the place to go. The view is spectacular. The server was good. The food was good, not amazing.Special Features:
- We asked. For our money backTerribleDined on 10/3/2014It was supposed to be a birthday celebration after waiting 45 minutes NO food asked to speak to manager , she apologized walked into kitchen and delivered my soggy tasteless crab BLT. My friends fish and chips over cooked, dry fish and no flavor. Worst meal everSpecial Features:
- Food is not as good as the viewEatWellDined on 10/2/2014Wish I could say we enjoyed every aspect of dining at Tom Ham's. There were five of us so we could not be seated outside, but we did get a window table so we could enjoy the view. 4 of us had the market fish entree and it was not good. It was overly salted. The other entree was the seared ahi salad and that was very good. If you go be careful what you order. Would have been happier with a hamburger rather than a poorly prepared fish entree. Also, for dessert, the huckleberry upside down cake, was doughy and dry and the so-called berries were burnt into the bottom of the cake....there was also a very hard spicy piece burnt into it. Accidentally bit into it made your mouth numb. ? Appetizers were good, calamari, caesar salad, shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiniDined on 9/30/2014Fabulous experience - great food, wonderful service (Jessica), beautiful ambiance. Definitely will come back soon.Special Features:
- johnDined on 9/30/2014Asked to split the check in half but on my bank statement the system showed that I paid the full amount. Since its pending I'll wait a couple days to see if the amount changes or not. Delicious lobster roll but I did not get the side salad that I asked for. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!DinewithfriendsDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant has always been one of my favorites. Restaurant week just made it better. You must try this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Great ServiceChrisDined on 9/28/2014From the moment we arrived with an extra member in our brunch party, the reception team were gracious in accomodating us. Until the time we left the service from our waiter Davor was the best ever!!!! He deserves a special note of thanks for his great attention and service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week RushTonyRodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Usually enjoy the food and service but last Saturday evening we were subject to a "car wash speed" service that was trying to get us out in under an hour. I understand it was Restaurant week, but serving our main course halfway through appetizers, and continuously pressuring us to remove dishes before we were done, is no way to allow customers to enjoy a relaxing (expensive) wedding anniversary meal. They better not pull this again, or it will be the last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ham's just gets better and betterStillkickenDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have always celebrated our special occasions, over the last 37 years, at Tom Ham's. We will continue to take our friends and family for special occasions and sometimes we will go just "for the heck of it".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JeNaRiLeDined on 9/27/2014It was my first time at this restaurant and i was pleasantly surprised. We went during restaurant week with our kids, and the choices were part of their regular menu, which is always nice. We all ordered different dishes, which included calamari, ceviche, fried chicken sandwich, crab sandwich, hamburger, steak and red velvet lava cake. We were highly satisfied with our food, it was beautiful, fresh and flavorful. The service impeccable, no rushing, everyone takes their time. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the Marina. In my opinion, much better than any of the La Jolla restaurants. You get to park easily and don't get the awful smell that you have to deal with while dining over there. It was our family of four, with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.