Tom Hams Lighthouse
2150 Harbor Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tom Hams Lighthouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomhamslighthouse.com/
- Phone: 6192919110x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday From 11:30am-3pm
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am to 2pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5pm - 9pm and Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Lance Repp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Stephany in our catering office.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and Semi-private accomadations for groups from 20 to 350. Buyouts avaialble. All Dining space has magnificent view of the San Diego Bay.
- Private Party Contact: Stephany Phenny 619-291-9110x
A word from Tom Hams Lighthouse
Tom Ham’s Lighthouse was built in 1971 by a man who was not afraid to put his name on his product. Rooted in warm welcomes & excellent food, Tom Ham made his lifelong dream a reality. Tom Ham’s Lighthouse is the only restaurant in the US to have a USCG operated & maintained Lighthouse attached to it. You can locate us on any modern nautical map as Beacon #9. Featuring a 100% responsibly resourced seafood menu & award winning Sunday Champagne Brunch, we are a must when it comes to the San Diego food scene. The dining room, purposely shaped like the state of California, allows for groups as grand as 92 yet private enough for a couple’s night out. Holiday brunches have been long time family traditions for many San Diegans. Start your family’s tradition this next holiday. With the best views of the Downtown City Skyline, Coronado & San Diego Bay, Tom Ham's is & remains a San Diego tradition in dining excellence since 1971.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tom Hams Lighthouse reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (211)great for outdoor dining (173)special occasion (151)romantic (126)great for brunch (91)good for groups (73)great for lunch (58)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (30)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)Show More
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Was greeted by very friendly hostess. Special request was handled discretely. Entire staff was eager to help and to see that special occasion was enjoyable for my wife's birthday. Enjoyed the experience of our waiter as to the menu and wine list. We took the recommendations on most of the suggestions from the waiter.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Go for the view. You won't be disappointed. That being said, the buffet was just ok and not enough selection of different types of food. They had tons of crab and shrimp which is great! Would have loved to see some sushi. You're obviously paying for the location with a fantastic water view especially if you're sitting outside. The service was awesome. Our waitress always had a smile and had a sense of humor. She kept the Mimosas flowing. Despite the so so selection of food, I would go again.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The best brunch ever. I would have brunch every weekend if I could afford it but twice a month is fine with meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The outdoor seating with the beautiful skyline in the background along with the scent of the ocean made for a great setting. Food was reasonably priced and tasted great. A big thank you for adding th anniversary dessert at no cost. If you want a romantic setting for a dinner, I highly recommend Tom Hams.Special Features:
- SocalcyclistDined on 8/25/2014Great view from any table. Outstanding craft beers selection. No problem with getting a reservation but it was a MondaySpecial Features:
- What a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014I took my wife here for here Birthday, The view are amazing , and the foods are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingpeter45Dined on 8/24/2014We always enjoy this place. Better then C Prime as far as a view is concerned. Food and service always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining with a viewenchantingDined on 8/24/2014The best dining experience we've had thus far. Totally breathtaking view, food is absolutely amazing and with unparalleled customer service by staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday brunch in San DiegoDanfanDined on 8/24/2014We had a party of 7 (2 kids included) for Sunday brunch to celebrate a friend's 35th bday. The hostess accommodated a last minute change. The seafood was so fresh and our waiter kept filling our champagne glasses. I can only tolerate quality alcohol and their champagne was one of the best I've had. The view is amazing. It was a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I loved the view! But the lobster claws were way over cooked like rubber! And the dessert was laughable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent viewmikaWMMDined on 8/23/2014easy to reserve but still needed to wait 20min to get seated. good selection of seafood and fits the atmosphere. Rib eye steak was surprisingly tender and came in good portion. highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- A bit too noisy, but very good foodmrm1Dined on 8/23/2014And excellent view of the harbor and downtown San Diego. Attentive, pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was so soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Took my wife to Tom Hams the other day for dinner (wasn't my first pick but my wife wanted to try someplace we had not eaten at before). The staff were very friendly and attentive but the food was so so. The view of downtown San Diego and Coronado was the best part of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Dress Up" Date Spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I took a wonderful young lady here on a friday evening for our second date. The view was great while the sun was out but it became very romantic and beautiful once it got dark. My advice is to get there right before the sun goes down and stay until after it does. Also get a table on the deck. They were very accomodating regarding us staying to make conversation after our meal was done. They suggested we stay as long as we like and enjoy the view. The menu was plenty diverse for all kinds of tastes and the chef was accomodating although the $2 upcharge for mushrooms and onions on my steak was a bit much. My date and I were a a few minutes late but they were also accomodating of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterfoodandbeerDined on 8/22/2014We visited at sunset and had a wonderful table overlooking the San Diego bay where we watched the sun go down. Excellent wine list and outstanding list of micro brews on tap. Food was very good. The service was exceptional--attentive without being pushy/rushed. We had all the time we needed. Very romantic setting--there was even a wedding on the grounds while we were there. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Late lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Two our four group members are from England and were craving fish and chips. We wanted to have a late lunch before we went to the airport to return home. When I made the reservation for 2:45 p.m., nothing was said about lunch service stopping at 3:00; however we were able to hurray and order our fish and chips. The fish was good, but the batter was not crisp and was a little on the rubbery side. The fries were good and we truly enjoyed eating outside and watching the boats. Our server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViewGregDined on 8/20/2014Great view of San Diego across the bay. The view reminded me somewhat of the view of Seattle from Salty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom Ham's RestaurantTonyTigerDined on 8/20/2014Great place to meet! It seems like you are in a private setting. Great view of the city. Food is outstanding. Beer selection is very good. I do not like the view of the cellar though as you enter the restaurant. Restaurant is not apparent until you reach the upper floor. I prefer the old setting.Special Features:
- Another great experience!nadojanDined on 8/18/2014We come to the restaurant often for the great food, the service and the view...all are wonderful!Special Features:
- Simply PerfectLynneeDDined on 8/15/2014From the sunset view of the San Diego bay & city skyline, to the food and drinks, Tom Ham's continues to be the perfect choice for dinner. Our most recent visit was in a group of 6, and every person enjoyed their food (that alone says a lot). Nice selection of wines, and Tom Ham's has a large list of local San Diego craft beers. Our server was attentive and truly cared that our dining experience be exceptional.Special Features:
- Scenic lunch on San Diego HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Ask for a shaded table outside or a window seat. The view it amazing, the food is delicious and the service very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InkslingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Took a friend for her birthday lunch along with a couple of other friends. We had very good food, excellent service and a view that was spectacular. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Just OKTheaterGoerDined on 8/12/2014We went to lunch for the first time after the makeover. We had high expectations but the food was missing something. We had to ask for lemon to brighten our lobster rolls. The salad was dry and the shape of the bowl had all the dressing at the bottom. We may try dinner someday.Special Features:
- ReservationKKFKVIPDined on 8/11/2014When one of my guests arrived early...they had no record of a reservation. When I arrived a few minutes later, the young lady looked in her system for quite awhile. I don't believe she had the reservation...but, seated us nevertheless.....not too pleasantly...Special Features:
- Special occasion onlyJustsayingDined on 8/10/2014Tries to be high end restaurant with least amount of labor. Only one salad dressing offered. Oil and Vinegar. Recommend customers bring there own salad dressing. Recommend they serve sourdough bread with dinner. Offer baked potato with beef dinner. Change name to Buckets of Butter with a carved wood pirate outside. Serve butter with everything. Add a butter carved cow to the beer keg room. Add swordfish to menu. Restaurant wouldn't survive without the location. Boring décor inside. Not a place I would go on a regular basis and not because of the cost. Try to copy other popular $$$ chain restaurants in town that don't have a view.Special Features:
- Great View of San DiegoSFDinerDined on 8/10/2014We lucked out with the Super moon rising during our dinner. Scallops were good, the side with it was mediocre: bitter arugula and hummus. Mussels were good with a rich broth, but a handful were closed or barely open. The asparagus was overcooked and over sauced. If I go back I'll consider ordering the Paella, the taste I got was a good rich flavor. Good craft and local beer list to choose from. I know this place just went thru a big re-model, but the upstairs lobby smells like the bathrooms...Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The best Sunday brunch in San Diego. Alway fresh seafood and the view is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the new look thereellenVIPDined on 8/9/2014had the lobster and it was delicious. great dining right on the railing for an unparralled look at the bay.Special Features:
- Super viewGdFoodLvrDined on 8/7/2014View on the outdoor patio was great, service excellent and food very good. I would not have wanted to sit indoor (cavernous space, noisy & no charm.) All items were basically ala carte so the meal was pricey but for an occasional dining experience with a great view it was worth it.Special Features:
- Disappointedkak6Dined on 8/4/2014I had not been to Tom Ham's Lighthouse in a number of years but remembered their great seafood. This time....I could find little on the menu that appealed to me. I ultimately ordered a salad - but it was void of flavor. I was really disappointed. Even the great view did not help. The service was pretty good although I felt we lost the server's interest when we didn't order wine or raw seafood.Special Features:
- Delicious!Cyn919Dined on 8/3/2014What a wonderful day! Sunday brunch! My friend was deploying soon and we enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch here. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmm!!TGRYUMMYDined on 8/3/2014All you can eat crab and oysters...delicious!!! Diana was our server....also delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for seafood.rbrobDined on 8/1/2014Unfortunately both of our fish dinners were dry. I had the sword fish and my partner had the halibut. She sent hers back and the second serving was still dry. A good grill fish should be moist when served. Next time we try the steak.Special Features:
- HollyHappydinerDined on 8/1/2014Lunch menu leaves a lot to be desired. Not enough fish and not enough choices on the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Amazing view, decent service, but crudo had no flavor other than pepper, and sald also flavorless. Good pome frite and calamari.Special Features:
- great great greattraveled2Dined on 7/31/2014This place was a find for us. The food, atmosphere, view, service, and everything made this place worth the price.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant View in San DiegoPickyEaterDined on 7/28/2014Tom Ham's has the best view in San Diego of any restaurant! Make a reservation at an hour before sunset and you will love the transition watching the city light up. Only criticism is the food is high quality but the main entrée portions are very small...most places give you twice as much salmon and duck on the entrees we tried.Special Features:
- Excellent!ChitownRayjayDined on 7/28/2014This was a last minute decision on a family vacation. We wanted a restaurant with a view on the water, they accomodated us with outdoor seating with a beautiful view. Waiter was very helpful in selecting oysters and appetizers, very friendly towards the kids which was great as this seemed to be an "upscale" dining place. Food was outstanding, mussels, oysters, lobster,halibut and rib-eye. If I get back to SD, I will visit this establishment again, even if its just to have a cocktail at the bar overlooking the bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth coming backetLyannaVIPDined on 7/27/2014good food, fresh seafood and unlimited mimosa for sunday brunch. nice view and great service, you don't have to get your servers attention, they always ask you if everything ia OK or if you need something. will definitely comeback and recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and amazing viewbbabrDined on 7/26/2014A nice place for date night. The fish (swordfish) was a little undercooked, but overall the food was good. Service is impeccable.Special Features: