Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
3400 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/heritage.aspx
- Phone: (866) 339-4566x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Lounge: Sunday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Zappola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Private Room
A word from Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
New York chef Tom Colicchio brings his passion for cooking with fire to the Las Vegas Strip with Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak at The Mirage. The 220-seat restaurant will focuses on meats prepared entirely over an open flame – from wood-burning ovens to charcoal grills. On the menu, Tom returns to the American cultural tradition of meat, focusing on antibiotic-free animals raised by purveyors committed to time-honored farming practices and heritage breeds. The glow of the hearth permeates the entire restaurant and is reflected in the Bentel+Bentel design highlighting natural materials.Continued
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (103)romantic (61)notable wine list (61)good for groups (50)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014We were in Las Vegas for a wedding and wanted to try a new restaurant. We are fans of Tom Colocchio's and decided to eat here. The food was okay. The service was good. We have eaten at quite a few steak houses. This one was just okay in comparison. We were not disappointed, it just was not a favorite. So many new places to try instead.Special Features:
- Great FoodRonnieVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food and service were excellent. The steaks were so flavorful and the sides were fantastic. The corn soup is a signature item. The only negative is the lack of privacy since the table we had was too close to the couple next to us and we could not really talk about important things.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningBrownungDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I were visiting Vegas and wanted to have a special meal. Heritage Steak was our choice because of the association with Colicchio and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was comfortable, the food was very good and the service was outstanding. We were looking for a special night out and were provided with just that.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Absolutely top notch food, wine and service. The service was particularly notable from when we were led to our table and greeted by name by our waiter through to the knowledge and attention of the sommelier. The food was delicious and we finished up eating far more than we should have!! My only very slight negative was the ambience - they make the most of the siting of the restaurant under the dome of the hotel but have a few too many tables in the area so that you can finish up closer than you'd prefer to neighbours as it starts to fill. This is minor compared to the other pluses and we will go back.Special Features:
- Definitely Not CraftsteakJimDVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've been wanting to try this place since it opened, because I like Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak so much. Not impressed in the least. The ambiance and service were good and so were the side dishes, but all three of our steaks were undercooked (very rare instead of medium rare) and completely forgettable. The bone in ribeye was one of the worst I have ever had. I gave one star on food because the steaks are what is supposed to shine here and they didn't at all. We skipped dessert and went someplace else. - When spending nearly $650 on dinner and a moderately priced bottle of wine, one expects to leave the restaurant very happy. This was certainly not the case. As a local, I wanted to like this place, but it came up way short. What a shame.
- Take a pass....they really triedEricDined on 9/13/2014Everyone was polite and friendly..but that wasn't enough. Plenty of staff, but incredibly slow & things kept going wrong. Slow to take order. Water glasses were nearly always empty. We received an appetizer we didn't order - they left it since it was already on the table (but then it was still on the bill). Our apps when they came were very good--grilled salad and chowder. My wife's steak was too salty with too much sauce so she only took 1 bite. No one came by to ask how the food was, so they only realized she hadn't touched it while clearing plates. Shocking no one asked how the steaks were (another missed opportunity). They offered to cook another one, but it was too late so they comped it. It was all too little to late.
- Great night!LVFoodie7150Dined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant ...this is our second time. Though I have to admit I thought the food was even better the first time is an outstanding steakhouse, great customer service , extensive wine list and you have to try the sticky strawberry cake!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!Cagirl2Dined on 9/11/2014Great steak, wait staff could not be more attentive!Special Features:
- 2nd VisitKwbearDined on 9/10/2014We were last in Vegas in February and went to Heritage, again a great meal and great service. Will def. do it again the next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoDiDined on 9/10/2014Lovely ambience. Great food. Pleasant wait staff. Attentive bus people. Service a but slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Stack insteadHateToBeaHater12Dined on 9/6/2014Here's the deal -- yes, my steak was fantastic. The rest? Below mediocre. Tried the highly recommended charred octopus -- bland and regrettable. Sides: Fries -- honestly, terrible. Mushy,poorly seasoned, I'd expect better at Sizzler. Asparagus -- I know, not exactly the sexiest green but it was the only green side they had -- average at best. I expected world-class here, not even close. I can honestly say I would recommend half-a-dozen other steakhouses in Vegas, one of which is about 100 yards away. Stack is a far better experience on all levels.Special Features:
- The place for steakJMPNDadVIPDined on 9/6/2014We started with heirloom tomato salad and charred octopus. Nicely done. Proceeded to Cote de boeuf. Exceptional. Finished with Panna cotta and peach crisp. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMartaVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service were terrific. I was excited to be able to eat at such a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great before the showSkeeechDined on 9/4/2014Tom Colicchio's is a great place for a fine dining and very close to the venue for the Love show at the Mirage. The server and service were both top notch. Our table's food was delivered promptly and cooked to order. I will dine here again and again even if I'm not seeing a show nearby.Special Features:
- steak nightpfbcodeDined on 9/4/2014My birthday dinner, I had the filet and it was superb! Onion rings, pureed potatoes and wine,,can't say enough, ,, excellent servers,,,highly recommend this restaurant but be aware it is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceExceptionalDined on 9/4/2014The wood fired taste of my sea bass was so exceptional I saved the mango pineapple topping to eat by itself as to not take away my enjoyment of the smokey taste. The service was attentive and friendly. A classy restaurant without arrogant service. We had a wonderful experience and recommend the coconut sorbet to all coconut lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for 2nd year in a rowCdnGalDined on 8/31/2014We hit Heritage again this year during an annual Labour Day trip; 6 woman including 1 vegetarian and it was another amazing meal. Great counsel by the sommelier and outstanding service from the wait-staff. This is not just a steakhouse - charred octopus was amazing and highly suggest trying as many of the sides as you can. Probably on our list for year #3!Special Features:
- Good foodSqueakyDined on 8/31/2014The food combinations were a bit exotic. I did not care for polenta with my lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHEMI1DietDined on 8/30/2014My date had long been a fan of Tom Colicchio's cooking show and made it a requirement for our recent trip. Our meal was fantastic and I have already recommended the Heritage Steak to several friends who visit Vegas annually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just Steakrayrod472Dined on 8/30/2014Unlike a Steakhouse that does some other things well, too, this restaurant has main attractions beyond steak that are well worth a try.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceFoodpDined on 8/30/2014Pass if you want to be waited on. Steak had good flavor but after the wait on being waited on the. drinks and then food I could have done without.
- Best steak ever!john1200Dined on 8/27/2014I'm a Top Chef fan, and so you could say that my wisdom is not very reliable on this one, but the truth is that we arrived without great expectations after reading not so favorable reviews. Even so we asked some sparkling wine, relaxed, and ordered. Steak tartare for start, very good, and our faith in Collichio's skills progressively returned. Then I tried the New York steak, and my wife had the Rib-eye, which is so far, hands down, the best single piece of meat I've ever tasted. The New York steak was great, of course, but the Rib-eye was just spectacular, both flavor and tenderness. Creamy mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus for sides, that's all. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014We dined here for Restaurant week to benefit Three Square. The menu looked appetizing, however it was not. Very disappointing. Will not be back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Chef doesn't deviateEvanVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food is very good, especially the Bone in Rib eye. The chicken was amazing. Don't plan on substituting anything as the "chef doesn't allow that." Not sure why everyone needs to get fancy with the ice cream, plain chocolate is nice, but you wont find it on the menu, every ice cream is a custom creation that I had no interest in. The Sommelier was amazing with a great selection. Given the limited choices at the Mirage I would recommend this, check the Menu before you go.Special Features:
- Everything I hoped it would be!JessicaGoBrightlyDined on 8/24/2014This was our second trip to Vegas, and I was determined to visit a "chef-y" restaurant for my belated birthday dinner. Hostess was not particularly warm, but she was polite. The setting had a great balance of traditional steakhouse decor (wood & wine) with some contemporary architectural elements and an open kitchen. Our server and his myriad of assistants made us feel like royalty. His recommendations were spot on. The dry-aged pork will change your world, and the bone-in ribeye was spectacular, though I would recommend ordering the temp a little higher than you might otherwise. Such a special experience, the only thing that could have made it better was if Tom had showed up!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, really?VegashasbestfoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were so excited to enjoy a great dining experience. It started out fine; with great first course, but both of us ordered their steak and was greatly disappointed. One of them was not cooked properly, so we had to return it to the kitchen. We all know what is coming next; the result was both of us eat at different times and my partner's steak was so charred on the outside, it broker her tooth. My steak was prepared properly but had little flavor and that was the reason we ordered the Strip verses the Filet. With so many steak places in Vegas, I would recommend another choice.
- DebTwylaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our meal and evening. We had a struggle in the beginning as there was a 6 ft sign at the entrance offering a 3 course meal. Our server did not offer it to us and corrected me when I asked if there was a special. He informed me that they did not offer a special. I pointed out the sign and he indicated that they had a house menu which he did not offer us. I had to ask again to see the "house menu". If its such a secret, why was the 6ft. sign displayed? I did not appreciate this at all. Also, I asked for my Mom's Birthday to be acknowledged which they did not do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealLapinBavardDined on 8/21/2014Far better than expected. Steaks and the mushroom sides are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here but not the lastEastCoastersDined on 8/20/2014Deliciously prepared and well worth the wait. Reservations are definitely required and sometimes difficult to obtain. We were told during two previous visits that there was no available seating during our visit to The Mirage. If you experience the same thing, keep trying. Heritage Steaks has a wonderful staff that ensured we never felt rushed. So often an establishment rushes through the courses so that the table can be cleared for the next diners. Not here. Dining was a relaxing experience and properly prepared. Vegas has numerous dining choices but this is now one of our favorites. The only downfall was the extreme noise level from to the casino floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014We went at about 6:30 on a Wednesday, so it was not a heavy crowd yet. Service was pretty good. Water glasses were filled promptly and I felt the staff was attentive. On the the recommendation of the waiter we ordered the 28 oz Bone in Rib Eye (for 2). I am a steak guy and like to have the staff guide me so I can be pretty sure i am getting something I'll enjoy. I have eaten at plenty of upscale steak houses. This was not one of them, especially for the price. Maybe we were just unlucky but the steak was just ok and not at all what I was expecting given the price tag.
- Simply amazing,asking20Dined on 8/18/2014Literally, one if the best meals we have ever eaten. We will definitely be going back! The staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgable and we were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere as a lot of reviews complained about the noise level. We were in the back of the restaurant somewhat shielded from the casino and the gaming noise was never an issue. We will most definitely be recommending this restaurant to any one we know making the trip to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialxRPxDined on 8/18/2014When I'm dropping $300 on dinner for two, I expect the event to be memorable. This one? Not so much. This place wouldn't crack my Top 10 of Best Steakhouses in Vegas.
- Great foodrockliffDined on 8/16/2014Highly recommend any beef entrees. Follow the servers recommendations on signature dishes. We had scallop ceviche and grill chard octopus appetizers. Scallops were recommended and incredibly prepared. Octopus was good, but couldn't compete with the ceviche. NY steak was prepared perfect and the lobster was really good. Side of mustard greens were not what you would expect (to die for actually). The service was impeccable with a personality and wit, not stuff. We generally believe celebrity chefs are overrated. Colicchio is not and appears to be working toward the Eric Rupert of beef in our opinion.Special Features:
- Start to finish, perfectNUkidDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful meal celebrating my sons college graduations with two of his friends. They all tried for the first time, steak tatare, faux gras, fried oysters, octopus and truly good wine. The staff was friendly and attentive. Best food experience of the year by far. And by the way the steaks were great, and we are all from Nebraska so trust me, we would know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsYankeeMomDined on 8/14/2014The waiter was superb! He lets you know that the steaks are prepared the old fashioned way. Open wood fire grill. I found the taste to be very smokey/woody and almost tasting of lighter fluid...the way they did it in the old days. My husband loved it but I found it offputting. The bone marrow appetizer with the apple slaw and fennel was quite delicious. The location is under the dome in The Mirage so it echos every sound from the lobby and casino. This is not a quiet restaurant. It's okay but would not go back as there are far nicer steak houses in Vegas.
- The food was outstanding!FoodiegirlDined on 8/11/2014In addition to the food, our waiter Troy was also great! Very knowledgeable and engaging. We asked his opinion on type of beer to order, starters, main course etc and all his recommendations were perfect! Best version of their "Caprese" that I have ever had with heirloom tomatoes and burrata....and the 32 oz steak? Oh my!!! Sides, desert...all so so wonderful! We are attending a conference here and have told everyone we meet about this fabulous restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing foodFood4meVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing, filled with flavor and flair. Great service and atmosphere in the heart of the Mirage atrium but quiet considering the close proximity to the casino. Excellent service, but pricey so save for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Mirage steakhouseStephDined on 8/9/2014This place was recommended to us by a friend. It was a nice place but we probably wouldn't return. One of the steaks we chose had a seasoning on it that wasn't identifiable and the other one was very delicious. They were very busy. I wouldn't say it was bad but just not a place we would call a favorite especially for the price.Special Features:
- Delicious drinks & steak!!!SpringDined on 8/8/2014Food was AMAZING...no complaints there. Staff was friendly & helpful. Only complaint was that tables were so close together that I felt part of conversation of tables on both sides of us...like one big group. Didn't like that. I like to have enough space that I feel my conversation is private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed...bdoctorVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have been to all of the top steak houses in Las Vegas and was really looking forward to eating here ever since I saw that Mr. Colicchio had opened the place. My steak was cooked properly, however the cut itself was far from what I would expect at any top steak house. My ribeye had connective tissue throughout which made it less than pleasant to eat. On the positive side, the wine list is very good, and the service was excellent. I don't know that I would return with all of the other steak options in Vegas however.Special Features: