Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
3400 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/heritage.aspx
- Phone: 8663394566
- Hours of Operation:
Dining: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Lounge: Sunday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Zappola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Private Room
A word from Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
New York chef Tom Colicchio brings his passion for cooking with fire to the Las Vegas Strip with Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak at The Mirage. The 220-seat restaurant will focuses on meats prepared entirely over an open flame – from wood-burning ovens to charcoal grills. On the menu, Tom returns to the American cultural tradition of meat, focusing on antibiotic-free animals raised by purveyors committed to time-honored farming practices and heritage breeds. The glow of the hearth permeates the entire restaurant and is reflected in the Bentel+Bentel design highlighting natural materials.Continued
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)fit for foodies (119)romantic (77)notable wine list (73)good for groups (51)hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Highs and Lows at Heritage SteakTamiDined on 10/20/2014We went to Heritage Steak for a client dinner...there was 6 of us. The restaurant itself was pretty typical of Vegas high end steakhouses, dark, woody and expensive. My colleague ordered the Salmon and said it was dry. Another colleague ordered the King Crab, as did I. The server encouraged us to double the order, saying it was a small entree. We did, but a single order would've been enough ~ it was extremely rich, swimming in a butter sauce, in fact almost too rich. It was nice not to have to fight with the shells but seemed to lack the texture and sweetness of traditional king crab legs in the shell. Sides are ala carte, the fingerling potatoes were great and enough to share with the table. Tomato heirloom salad was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service with a friendly knowledgable wait staff. Excellent wine list. Overall outstanding experience. Don't miss out on the figgy puddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House at MirageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014The menu selection was perfect for a family that is so very different in food preferences. From apps to steaks to seafood, everything was prepared and served to perfection. The wait staff was very efficient and friendly. We all enjoyed our meal/dining experience and would certainly go back again. Thank you for a great meal!Special Features:
- Pre-Show MealsammyhamDined on 10/18/2014Troy and his service team provided a great experience and we had just a lovely time. We enjoyed everything about the evening, and it was a relaxing way to spend our one day in Vegas. Recommendations from the team were great, and I loved the Pumpkin Cider....nice option for someone who is not a wine or beer drinker...We had the Yellowtail Ceviche, and I could have slurped down endless portions. It was divine! The Cote de Beouf for two was really fantastic...little lag between the app and the entree, but we were not in a hurry! Thank you!Special Features:
- ExcellentConciergeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Inside Mirage Hotel and Casino great atmosphere and the food was impeccable as well as the service both on the bar and in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scartercarterDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful steak. The service is the best I've seen on the Vegas strip so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, exhorbitant costAMP1Dined on 10/16/2014Beautiful restaurant. Wonderful ambience. Superb food. Service was provided in a professional manner; but I may had detected a slight air of condescension. With tip, cost was $440 for 4 people.
- LettieDined on 10/15/2014Good, but there are other GREAT places in Vegas. Beautiful décor!Special Features:
- Great steak!JCandBCDined on 10/15/2014After eating an amazing meal at Colicchio's Craftsteak in the MGM, we were worried that Heritage would not measure up, boy were we wrong. The service was great, the food was great and the dessert was great. While Craftsteak may be the front runner of the two in my book, Heritage certainly does well on its own. The squash risotto was amazing and my husband loved the spicy onion rings to compliment his Tabasco Kobe skirt steak. The salads were great, the onion soup was amazing and even our dessert was gone in about 5 seconds it was so good. Overall a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We were very pleased with our food. The portions are large so you might want to share. The service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theater dinner...BatonwaverVIPDined on 10/13/2014See my full review on TripAdvisor titled Excellent Pre-theater dinner dated October 14, reviewer name Batonwaver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerEliseDined on 10/13/2014Awesome meal across the board! Will definitely come back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ChefDanielDined on 10/13/2014Food quality was fitting for a Top Chef judge. Service was good but not great and the setting could have been more elegant and romantic.Special Features:
- Great place, great food and serviceNestle1016Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I dined at Colicchio's Heritage Steak on Saturday night and it was a great experience. I would highly recommend it. We started with the Onion soup, which was divine and the Romaine salad (similar to a Ceasar) and it too was delicious. My husband had the rib-eye and we both agreed it was the best rib-eye we have ever had and we are definate foodies! I had the sea bass and it was als spectacular. The only downside to the sea bass is that is was served with the skin still on and I had to pick it off. We finished with the apple fritters and they too were excellent. We both also had cappucinos and the restaurant uses Stumptown coffee which I love. The ambiance was nice, it was well lit, not too bright and the noice level was good.Special Features:
- Excellent service-food dissappointsFoodieGUYDined on 10/11/2014This pains me because I have so much respect and admiration for Chef Tom. I have eaten at Craft in NYC and that was one of my all time best meals. We went before a show. I had the octopus which was very good but not phenomenal. My wife had the filet and the presentation was a bit overwhelming. It was a huge piece of meat and, while cooked well, the portion size was a distraction. I like value for my money but want a well balanced plate also. I had the rice pudding for dessert and the texture was more like oatmeal. For me it missed the mark. The service was OUTSTANDING but overall I felt like it missed the high bar that has been set in his other restaurants.Special Features:
- Just okay......texasgalDined on 10/11/2014Hostess was rude. Would not seat us without all people in party, yet she seated people who walked in saying they were meeting others there..... Too many waiters. Wasn't sure at first who our waiter was going to be. Took a long time to get a drink order in. Side dish orders are very small - not enough to share. Would not go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Great food and very acomidateing waiters the food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Top Notch!PookDined on 10/10/2014Was in Vegas last year for a conference and ate at Heritage twice with my co-workers, the food was amazing. Really wanted to take my wife, after I raved about the awesome food and fantastic service, finally had my opportunity while visiting to see The Eagles and took my wife and friends to Heritage...everyone is still raving about the food and our experience. I'll be back...hopefully sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- SteakandShrooms2StrikesYouAreOutDined on 10/10/2014Nothing like the combination of a great steak and mushrooms and the mushrooms were like a highlight reel of a highlight reel. The steak was tender, juicy and properly prepared and great tasting and the mushrooms topped even that. The best mushrooms that my wife and I have EVER tasted. Worth the dining experience alone. With respect to wines, the sommelier was knowledgeable, attentive and came back frequently to inquire if further assistance was needed. We were too stuffed to try the desserts. The best dining experience that we had over the three days of fine dining that we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steakhouse, Nice AmbianceScottPurcellVIPDined on 10/9/2014Whereas many of the steakhouses at the Strip resorts have good food and "blah" ambiance (sorry Del Monico's, Craft, et al, just too bland and grey and uninteresting) this one at Heritage it seems that Tom Colicchio cared about the entire dining experience. The food is melt-in-your-mouth fantastic, the ambiance is comfortable and inviting...and just feels like you're out at a nice restaurant, which of course you are...and the service, while not top notch, is good. Special shout out to the person on Tom's team who created the specialty cocktails. While a small list, they are fun and tasty twists on some steakhouse standards. Only things to nit pick on are we'd love to see a wine pairing option, and the hostess tended to cluster guests.Special Features:
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We had 7 people for a special occasion. $1,500 bill. The $130 steak (for two) was cold to the touch and very tough. The waiter wasn't too interested in making it right. We would never go there again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Anthony was a superb host - very attentive without hovering. Great service - just wished we'd had more time to enjoy the meal prior to the show.Special Features:
- Very good steakRoyaltyCDined on 10/5/2014Order a filet at the lounge. It was very tender and just cooked perfectly. Food arrived promptly. Would love to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JloscarDined on 10/4/2014Perfect for a special occasion and a romantic diner. Unique service, staff very professional and pleasant. Our dishes were unique with and perfect flavor combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveler78TasterDined on 10/4/2014Excellent steak and good service. Fries were a little off but overall meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak I ever had.veggerDined on 10/3/2014Great Dinner- Experience. Good wine, perfect service and the best steak I ever had.Special Features:
- Genuine 5 StarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014The flavor, presentation and quality of the food we were served was outstanding. Try the shrimp as an appetizer, it is the best I've ever had. The steak I enjoyed was perfectly prepared, generous in portion and absolutely wonderfully tenderizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Steak was no better than the typical chain steak place but it was much more expensive. The bread they brought was good, service was good, the ambiance was very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodDjackVIPDined on 9/26/2014Pork tenderloin was amazing and Filet were amazing, definitely recommend trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingDisappointedJBDined on 9/26/2014I went there last year & loved it, so I couldn't wait to meet a Vegas friend there this year. I raved about the place, so it was embarrassing when they cooked my friend's steak wrong! We are huge fans of Tom Colicchio & Craft Steakhouse as well & I LOVED Heritage last year so I thought this would be another great experience. My Vegas friend has to entertain clients a lot so this could have been a good restaurant for her to bring clients too & she said she would never go back there again. There was a big difference in the food since last year. We said when we were there it was a solid 'B'...just an OK place for food. Things were just not seasoned well & way too salty. I apologized to my friend & we both said we expected more.
- Spectacular Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Heritage Steaks delivered what we were hoping to get out of a high end dining experience. The service was fantastic, there was someone there waiting/checking on us randomly, but not over bearing. The food was delicious, had the brisket and I could literally cut it with my fork, it was so tender. Husband had the salmon and we've never had fish with such crispy skin before. Dessert was to die for, their homemade pumpkin ice cream on rice pudding was perfectly balanced and not overly sweet. Definitely recommend, but save your dollars ahead of time, the pricing is a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heritage steak...awesome!vegasbabetheF00DIEDined on 9/26/2014From the moment I walked in, I knew my waiter James would be taking extra special care of me. He knew the menu very well. There was a team of beverage servers making sure the water and wine glasses were full at all times. I ordered the poached shrimp appetizer, which was $28. The tequila sauce was awesome! The cocktail was $15, and my 10 oz filet was $56. Cooked to perfection, extremely tender, and marinated and cooked over an open flame, for a perfect flavor. The prices had obviously gone up quite a bit since I looked at their online menu several months ago. Their new online menu does not even list the prices. Still, this was my one five star meal for my vacation, and I felt the food and service were well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicePoorsvcDined on 9/25/2014Waited 20+ minutes before our waiter even acknowledged us, then he was rude.
- Bad experienceLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am such a big fan of all the restaurants of Tom Collichio, but this one was awfull. The food was not at his level, appetizer was ok but the entrees were so bad!!!!
- yummybearyummybearVIPDined on 9/24/2014For a celebrity chef restaurant, my wife & I were very impressed. Our servers were always there for us, this being our 1st time there, they answered any questions we had from the menu to the type of wood they used in the kitchen. The rib eye steak was very tasting and done to my preference and my wifes filet was the same. We shared a strawberry sticky cake desert that had a number of levels of flavors. Never had that rushed feeling or ignored. Very relaxed atmosphere. This was the best meal my wife & I had during our 5 days in Vegas, not being a gambler, we do not skimp on our diners when in Vegas. We are looking forward to coming back to this restaurant on our next visit to Vegas for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth a Visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I ate at a number of places while in Vegas; this was by far the WORST!!! It was very noisy, the girl who was seating us was very snotty, which I can never understand - they work for min. wage so pls don't pull that sh-- on me - and the food was horrible!! And to make it even worse, it was the most expensive meal we had in LV - and we ate at some very high end places. My suggestion: Find somewhere else to have a meal...
- heritage reviewLALindaDined on 9/22/2014I found nothing to criticize at heritage. The menu is varied, yet succinct. The beverage list is comprehensive. The staff is friendly and efficient. The desserts were imaginative and delicious. Another gem for chef colicchio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Vegas!VegasDined on 9/20/2014I have been a fan of Tom Colicchio for years from watching Top Chef. I was super excited to dine at Heritage Steaks and it did not disappoint. My husband and I will certainly eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNorthernLightsDined on 9/20/2014Expected much more from Tom C. Seated and placed orders promptly. Grilled romaine salad could have been great but one diner's salad had an over abundance of vinegar, the other was almost dry with little dressing. The grilled lettuce tasted like campfire smoke. The filet of beef was very tender and only slightly over cooked to requested temperature. The problem with the beef was that it had almost no flavor whatsoever with the exception of the campfire smoke again. By the time the server came back to check on us and get the salt and pepper we requested, we had almost finished the meal. Potato purée was OK, asparagus was overpowered by marinade. Waste of $200, left with the taste of campfire smoke in my mouth. Should have gone to a buffet.Special Features:
- Food was great not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible, management was just as bad...when management doesn't seem to care or in-force standard techniques for service and communication with the customer we suffer at the expense of that - not only did the food runner state we are just a number to him and doesn't know what we ordered other than our number. Thing is we had ordered the same steaks at very different temps. All that was asked was what temp. that steak was that was being delivered to ensure the rare version wasn't passed to the well and medium well person. Proceeded to confront my fellow dinners and stormed off. Won't be going again anytime soon....