Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
3400 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/heritage.aspx
- Phone: (866) 339-4566x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Lounge: Sunday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Zappola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Private Room
A word from Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage
New York chef Tom Colicchio brings his passion for cooking with fire to the Las Vegas Strip with Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak at The Mirage. The 220-seat restaurant will focuses on meats prepared entirely over an open flame – from wood-burning ovens to charcoal grills. On the menu, Tom returns to the American cultural tradition of meat, focusing on antibiotic-free animals raised by purveyors committed to time-honored farming practices and heritage breeds. The glow of the hearth permeates the entire restaurant and is reflected in the Bentel+Bentel design highlighting natural materials.Continued
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Zagat Rated: 25 Most Important Restaurants of 2013
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks - The Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)fit for foodies (107)romantic (68)notable wine list (65)good for groups (49)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Excellent foodDjackVIPDined on 9/26/2014Pork tenderloin was amazing and Filet were amazing, definitely recommend trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingDisappointedJBDined on 9/26/2014I went there last year & loved it, so I couldn't wait to meet a Vegas friend there this year. I raved about the place, so it was embarrassing when they cooked my friend's steak wrong! We are huge fans of Tom Colicchio & Craft Steakhouse as well & I LOVED Heritage last year so I thought this would be another great experience. My Vegas friend has to entertain clients a lot so this could have been a good restaurant for her to bring clients too & she said she would never go back there again. There was a big difference in the food since last year. We said when we were there it was a solid 'B'...just an OK place for food. Things were just not seasoned well & way too salty. I apologized to my friend & we both said we expected more.
- Spectacular Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Heritage Steaks delivered what we were hoping to get out of a high end dining experience. The service was fantastic, there was someone there waiting/checking on us randomly, but not over bearing. The food was delicious, had the brisket and I could literally cut it with my fork, it was so tender. Husband had the salmon and we've never had fish with such crispy skin before. Dessert was to die for, their homemade pumpkin ice cream on rice pudding was perfectly balanced and not overly sweet. Definitely recommend, but save your dollars ahead of time, the pricing is a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heritage steak...awesome!vegasbabetheF00DIEDined on 9/26/2014From the moment I walked in, I knew my waiter James would be taking extra special care of me. He knew the menu very well. There was a team of beverage servers making sure the water and wine glasses were full at all times. I ordered the poached shrimp appetizer, which was $28. The tequila sauce was awesome! The cocktail was $15, and my 10 oz filet was $56. Cooked to perfection, extremely tender, and marinated and cooked over an open flame, for a perfect flavor. The prices had obviously gone up quite a bit since I looked at their online menu several months ago. Their new online menu does not even list the prices. Still, this was my one five star meal for my vacation, and I felt the food and service were well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicePoorsvcDined on 9/25/2014Waited 20+ minutes before our waiter even acknowledged us, then he was rude.
- Bad experienceLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am such a big fan of all the restaurants of Tom Collichio, but this one was awfull. The food was not at his level, appetizer was ok but the entrees were so bad!!!!
- yummybearyummybearVIPDined on 9/24/2014For a celebrity chef restaurant, my wife & I were very impressed. Our servers were always there for us, this being our 1st time there, they answered any questions we had from the menu to the type of wood they used in the kitchen. The rib eye steak was very tasting and done to my preference and my wifes filet was the same. We shared a strawberry sticky cake desert that had a number of levels of flavors. Never had that rushed feeling or ignored. Very relaxed atmosphere. This was the best meal my wife & I had during our 5 days in Vegas, not being a gambler, we do not skimp on our diners when in Vegas. We are looking forward to coming back to this restaurant on our next visit to Vegas for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth a Visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I ate at a number of places while in Vegas; this was by far the WORST!!! It was very noisy, the girl who was seating us was very snotty, which I can never understand - they work for min. wage so pls don't pull that sh-- on me - and the food was horrible!! And to make it even worse, it was the most expensive meal we had in LV - and we ate at some very high end places. My suggestion: Find somewhere else to have a meal...
- heritage reviewLALindaDined on 9/22/2014I found nothing to criticize at heritage. The menu is varied, yet succinct. The beverage list is comprehensive. The staff is friendly and efficient. The desserts were imaginative and delicious. Another gem for chef colicchio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Vegas!VegasDined on 9/20/2014I have been a fan of Tom Colicchio for years from watching Top Chef. I was super excited to dine at Heritage Steaks and it did not disappoint. My husband and I will certainly eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNorthernLightsDined on 9/20/2014Expected much more from Tom C. Seated and placed orders promptly. Grilled romaine salad could have been great but one diner's salad had an over abundance of vinegar, the other was almost dry with little dressing. The grilled lettuce tasted like campfire smoke. The filet of beef was very tender and only slightly over cooked to requested temperature. The problem with the beef was that it had almost no flavor whatsoever with the exception of the campfire smoke again. By the time the server came back to check on us and get the salt and pepper we requested, we had almost finished the meal. Potato purée was OK, asparagus was overpowered by marinade. Waste of $200, left with the taste of campfire smoke in my mouth. Should have gone to a buffet.Special Features:
- Food was great not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible, management was just as bad...when management doesn't seem to care or in-force standard techniques for service and communication with the customer we suffer at the expense of that - not only did the food runner state we are just a number to him and doesn't know what we ordered other than our number. Thing is we had ordered the same steaks at very different temps. All that was asked was what temp. that steak was that was being delivered to ensure the rare version wasn't passed to the well and medium well person. Proceeded to confront my fellow dinners and stormed off. Won't be going again anytime soon....
- Heritage Steaks.....OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I dined at Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks while staying at the Mirage. We were not disappointed. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. His suggestions were spot on! I had the heirloom tomato salad and my husband had the smoked onion soup. Both were delicious. My drink I ordered is called 19th on Fab and contained a hint of jalapeño. I was skeptical but our server said i would like it and he was right! We both had the NY Strip for our main course and it was cooked to perfection and the oak flavoring from the wood roasting was incredible. I would recommend ordering a side of the roasted mushrooms. Our dessert that we shared was beautifully presented and was the perfect ending to a great meal!Special Features:
- Not sure I can recommenddave2757Dined on 9/20/2014Amazing food this trip in Vegas, unfortunately not here. Perhaps the meal at Mario B's the nite before set the bar too high. Had an amazing Caprese salad there, this was anemic at Heritage, Short ribs fatty, onion soup bland. Salmon was cooked to perfection but potato salad was very disappointing and better coleslaw just about anywhere. We often find when celebrity chefs stay active with their offspring the results are evident, I highly doubt that the namesake chef has darkened this door recently. I hope not.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We decided for our 10th anniversary dinner to go all out and dine at Heritage Steaks in the Mirage Casino. We had reservations but tried to get in early. The hostess said no problem and we got seated right away. The staff was very friendly and we were congratulated numerous times on our special day. The food was fantastic and we even got a special gift. We would highly recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- None betterLaBonitaCADined on 9/19/2014Ambience (quiet, simple and contemporary --great subtle wood fire smell from the grills-loved it) and service is excellent--efficient but no hovering. Food presentation was wonderful, especially the French Onion Soup and the desserts. We want to applaud the Panna Cota and the smoked cherry Manhattan. Our steaks were perfectly prepared, the salmon moist and we loved the wood grill aspect to all the dishes, included some cocktails and desserts. Everything, from starters to dessert was excellent. Like I said, none better in a town full of great chefs and fine dining.Special Features:
- Great Service fine Wine ListGulffoodguyDined on 9/18/2014Great food and just exquisite service! A little loud due to the Casino environment. Overall I would recommend the experience there to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014We were in Las Vegas for a wedding and wanted to try a new restaurant. We are fans of Tom Colocchio's and decided to eat here. The food was okay. The service was good. We have eaten at quite a few steak houses. This one was just okay in comparison. We were not disappointed, it just was not a favorite. So many new places to try instead.Special Features:
- Great FoodRonnieVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food and service were excellent. The steaks were so flavorful and the sides were fantastic. The corn soup is a signature item. The only negative is the lack of privacy since the table we had was too close to the couple next to us and we could not really talk about important things.Special Features:
- Laura DemareeBull1Dined on 9/17/2014The food is outstanding and the steaks are large enough to share and they don't give you a look if you do. Everything I've had there is terrific and the staff is wonderful - attentive but not hovering! Atmosphere is laid back but elegant.Special Features:
- Great Food, priceyugabooVIPDined on 9/17/2014First visit to Colicchio's new place in Vegas. We waited a year to let it settle in before stopping by for a taste. It has been remodeled since it was kokomo, but still open to the casino, so its noisy. We started with the pork belly, it was 3 pieces cooked to perfection, very tasty. We split the 28 day aged steak for 2, and paired it with the puree potato, the spicy onion rings and the sweet corn. the steak was cooked perfectly, over the open fire wood burning grill. Meat was aged well and melted in your mouth. The potato was very smooth and creamy, perfect. The onion rings were indeed spicy, but a little big for my taste. The corn was to die for, easily the best side we had. Found it to be expensive, and the menu was small.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningBrownungDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I were visiting Vegas and wanted to have a special meal. Heritage Steak was our choice because of the association with Colicchio and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was comfortable, the food was very good and the service was outstanding. We were looking for a special night out and were provided with just that.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceMarksmunchiesDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely top notch food, wine and service. The service was particularly notable from when we were led to our table and greeted by name by our waiter through to the knowledge and attention of the sommelier. The food was delicious and we finished up eating far more than we should have!! My only very slight negative was the ambience - they make the most of the siting of the restaurant under the dome of the hotel but have a few too many tables in the area so that you can finish up closer than you'd prefer to neighbours as it starts to fill. This is minor compared to the other pluses and we will go back.Special Features:
- Definitely Not CraftsteakJimDVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've been wanting to try this place since it opened, because I like Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak so much. Not impressed in the least. The ambiance and service were good and so were the side dishes, but all three of our steaks were undercooked (very rare instead of medium rare) and completely forgettable. The bone in ribeye was one of the worst I have ever had. I gave one star on food because the steaks are what is supposed to shine here and they didn't at all. We skipped dessert and went someplace else. - When spending nearly $650 on dinner and a moderately priced bottle of wine, one expects to leave the restaurant very happy. This was certainly not the case. As a local, I wanted to like this place, but it came up way short. What a shame.
- Take a pass....they really triedEricDined on 9/13/2014Everyone was polite and friendly..but that wasn't enough. Plenty of staff, but incredibly slow & things kept going wrong. Slow to take order. Water glasses were nearly always empty. We received an appetizer we didn't order - they left it since it was already on the table (but then it was still on the bill). Our apps when they came were very good--grilled salad and chowder. My wife's steak was too salty with too much sauce so she only took 1 bite. No one came by to ask how the food was, so they only realized she hadn't touched it while clearing plates. Shocking no one asked how the steaks were (another missed opportunity). They offered to cook another one, but it was too late so they comped it. It was all too little to late.
- Great night!LVFoodie7150Dined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant ...this is our second time. Though I have to admit I thought the food was even better the first time is an outstanding steakhouse, great customer service , extensive wine list and you have to try the sticky strawberry cake!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!Cagirl2Dined on 9/11/2014Great steak, wait staff could not be more attentive!Special Features:
- 2nd VisitKwbearDined on 9/10/2014We were last in Vegas in February and went to Heritage, again a great meal and great service. Will def. do it again the next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoDiDined on 9/10/2014Lovely ambience. Great food. Pleasant wait staff. Attentive bus people. Service a but slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Stack insteadHateToBeaHater12Dined on 9/6/2014Here's the deal -- yes, my steak was fantastic. The rest? Below mediocre. Tried the highly recommended charred octopus -- bland and regrettable. Sides: Fries -- honestly, terrible. Mushy,poorly seasoned, I'd expect better at Sizzler. Asparagus -- I know, not exactly the sexiest green but it was the only green side they had -- average at best. I expected world-class here, not even close. I can honestly say I would recommend half-a-dozen other steakhouses in Vegas, one of which is about 100 yards away. Stack is a far better experience on all levels.Special Features:
- The place for steakJMPNDadVIPDined on 9/6/2014We started with heirloom tomato salad and charred octopus. Nicely done. Proceeded to Cote de boeuf. Exceptional. Finished with Panna cotta and peach crisp. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMartaVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service were terrific. I was excited to be able to eat at such a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great before the showSkeeechDined on 9/4/2014Tom Colicchio's is a great place for a fine dining and very close to the venue for the Love show at the Mirage. The server and service were both top notch. Our table's food was delivered promptly and cooked to order. I will dine here again and again even if I'm not seeing a show nearby.Special Features:
- steak nightpfbcodeDined on 9/4/2014My birthday dinner, I had the filet and it was superb! Onion rings, pureed potatoes and wine,,can't say enough, ,, excellent servers,,,highly recommend this restaurant but be aware it is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceExceptionalDined on 9/4/2014The wood fired taste of my sea bass was so exceptional I saved the mango pineapple topping to eat by itself as to not take away my enjoyment of the smokey taste. The service was attentive and friendly. A classy restaurant without arrogant service. We had a wonderful experience and recommend the coconut sorbet to all coconut lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for 2nd year in a rowCdnGalDined on 8/31/2014We hit Heritage again this year during an annual Labour Day trip; 6 woman including 1 vegetarian and it was another amazing meal. Great counsel by the sommelier and outstanding service from the wait-staff. This is not just a steakhouse - charred octopus was amazing and highly suggest trying as many of the sides as you can. Probably on our list for year #3!Special Features:
- Good foodSqueakyDined on 8/31/2014The food combinations were a bit exotic. I did not care for polenta with my lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHEMI1DietDined on 8/30/2014My date had long been a fan of Tom Colicchio's cooking show and made it a requirement for our recent trip. Our meal was fantastic and I have already recommended the Heritage Steak to several friends who visit Vegas annually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just Steakrayrod472Dined on 8/30/2014Unlike a Steakhouse that does some other things well, too, this restaurant has main attractions beyond steak that are well worth a try.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceFoodpDined on 8/30/2014Pass if you want to be waited on. Steak had good flavor but after the wait on being waited on the. drinks and then food I could have done without.