Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma
745 Baywood Drive
Petaluma, CA 94954Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://starwood.webcanada.com/restaurant/?rid=5176
- Phone: 707-283-2900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 9pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Danny Mai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma does offer catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: Over 10,000 square feet of banquet space.
Meeting rooms, weddings, private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Tori Frazier 7072832910x
A word from Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma
With a commitment to your dining pleasure, we invite you to experience the unique regional cuisine of Sonoma County that is Tolay. We are proud to use only the freshest wild and farmed local products. We recognize and celebrate the amazing & abundant regional products available to us here in Sonoma CountyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Personable staff & good foodOceanviewDined on 7/26/2014The food was great and the staff was very helpful.Special Features:
- Only fairJeanneVIPDined on 7/13/2014I wouldn't waste time or money eating there. Neither my husband or I had a good meal. My salmon was undercooked, the asparagus was burnt and way too salty. His chicken was tasteless. The wine list was way overpriced. The good thing was the service (the waitress was super friendly and attentive) and the ambiance was good and quiet.
- don't botherpersonVIPDined on 7/4/2014This was not a "restaurant" more like a Denny's or a Cocos. The food was mediocre, the ambience not that of a restaurant since it was adjacent to the pool and had no nice view. The young woman "seater" and the young man bus boy were kind and efficient, but the waiter disappeared and had an "edge" to him. Don't eat here when a short drive away in downtown Petaluma are some wonderful restaurants.
- DisappointedJopatVIPDined on 7/2/2014I've dined at Tolay a few times before this last visit; was always impressed with quality of food, service, etc. This time, our waiter Joshua (we've been served by him before) was still outstanding. He makes us feel welcome; his service is terrific. However, we were quite disappointed with the food. The duck spring rolls weren't on the menu; we tried the alternative pork rolls which were served cold (unexpected) and though the flavor was okay, we missed the duck. Fried calamari was quite good--very light batter/not over-fried. 2 of us ordered the involtini and were disappointed. One in our party decided to send hers back. Joshua very graciously served her the pasta with shrimp which had been her 2nd choice. Dessert was fabulous.
- Nice Quiet AmbienceGrandma8Dined on 6/21/2014We had two breakfasts and one dinner at the Tolay-Sheraton Petaluma. The food was very tasty, great service and a place where you could actually hear your companion speak! All of our servers were very friendly and efficient. We would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bruch Buffet for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We arrived about one hour before the stated end of the buffet - after which they would not be serving. A lot of the food was not hot - and the serving plates not filled - although after we complained about it, they did bring out fresh, hot items. They need to keep the buffet looking plentiful at least until the closing time. We felt that for the price, they could have had more food options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Tolay - Sheraton Petaluma reviews archive.
- Best cream of asparagus soup everVikkiDined on 5/2/2014We happened upon Tolay because we stopped for gas. What a find! I was impressed by a couple of things: 1. The food was outstanding. The soup of the day was cream of asparagus and it was hands down the best I have ever had. I also had the brisket sliders and they were equally delicious 2. The server had a lot to do and she did it very well. She was the only server for all of the tables (including the poolside guests) and at the same time she was tending bar and training someone on his first day on the job. I never once felt that she was overwhelmed or stressed. This young woman was incredible. We would not have found this without OpenTable. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner successJopatVIPDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful dinner. Really delicious food. Very professional, yet friendly waiter. Had asked for a quiet table and got one!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2014OK if you are staying at the Sheraton but otherwise no reason to go. Better to take a cab into town. Small portion sizes, high prices. Limited selection.
- A Restaurant I'm Glad I FoundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2014Tolay is a superb restaurant with a relaxing ambience, outstanding service by our waiter Joshua and wonderful food. The chef has done a terrific job in creating an all-purpose menu with something to please everyone. I had fried chicken that was the best I've ever had. My wife had their wild salmon. She usually doesn't finish a meal but she did this time. We plan to go again soon. I Yes, Tolay was a treat for gourmet dining. I believe that if you look up the word "gourmet" in a dictionary, the definition should be "Tolay". We loved it. Jerry F.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at best is generousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2014Horrible service. We had to wait 10 mins at the hostess station to be greeted by a waiter. I had to make sure he marked my Open Table Reservation off s that we wouldn't be notified as a no show. At that point we should've left. While waiting for service. We watched the hostess dissapear and the phone ring unanswered. We also watched another couple be seated only to leave when after 15 mins they only had water and no waiter. Once the food finally arrived after atleast 45 mins maybe longer and it wasn't very busy! My husbands eggs Benedict weren't runny poached yolks they were hard. My tortilla scramble was also over done and served luke warm obviously sitting under a heat lamp. Potatoes were also barely warm. Even my Mimosa was served warm.
- Valentines DayLocalDined on 2/14/2014We acted too late to get into our local favorites at dinner time on Valentines Day. Tolay had been absolutely overlooked by locals and we got a reservation. Nobody in Petaluma thinks to go to the Sheriton Hotel for a good dinner, but we were awakened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningdebbieannDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful evening at Tolay. The food was fantastic, the service excellent, the room beautiful. My husband and I will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodDavidDined on 2/1/2014Found this to be a typical hotel restaurant - poorly prepared meal - very dry and tasteless as if prepared long before, and warmed up.
- Ended up being a great experience!MaxwellVIPDined on 1/14/2014When we arrived, the hostess (who also became our waitress) didn't know about our Open Table reservation and kind of argued with us that we couldn't have a 9:00pm reservation since their kitchen closes at 9:00pm. While she flipped through screens on her system, our reservation came up -- at 9:00pm. Then, she indicated we'd have to send a receipt in to the Starwood Preferred Guest program to get program points for our meal. I went to the front desk who confirmed that the hotel sends in a voucher to the Starwood Preferred Guest program...which as my original understanding. The food was excellent (the spring rolls especially) and the coffee was perfect! Our waitress was very helpful when it came to settling our bill. All good in the end!Special Features:
- Under seasoned short riburza123Dined on 12/28/2013Was a bit disappointed in the short rib as it was severely under seasoned. Service was good though.
- FRIDAY NIGHT FINDJopatVIPDined on 12/13/2013We used a gift certificate which the restaurant had generously donated to a fundraiser (we were the winning bidder). It was a lovely evening--chilly outside but warm and cozy inside. I used to always snub my nose at restaurants in hotels; however, Tolay is a winner. Food and service were wonderful--Liberty Duck Spring Rolls were so delicious I could have ordered more and made a meal out of them. The dip for the fried calamari was mouth-watering. Didn't think I could finish main course--slow-roasted short rib--but I did--would have licked the plate if no one was around. And the dessert--oh, the dessert--a wonderful bread pudding. All in all, as the saying goes "I'll be back!!!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at TolayEsMaDined on 11/28/2013Nice location, but... Disappointing meal for the $$$ Food was only "ok"..., stuffing was burnt and hard. The sweet potatoes were dry. Etc etc etc... Busboys kept filling our water glasses until we were waterlogged. Our waiter for the most part was no where to be found. While we appreciate your restaurant being open on thanksgiving, the food & service was mediocre at best. Sorry to say I doubt very much we will return to Tolay restaurant after our disappointing holiday dining experience there.
- Nice Thanksgiving Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed the meal a great deal. I had the Caesar salad followed by the turkey dinner and finished off with pecan pie! Nicely prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2013The customer service was excellent. The menu items were written in a wonderful way and all sounded great, but had the hallmarks of hotel food. We tried quite a few dishes, and all of them were The bright spot was the customer service. From the person greeting us as we walked in, to our wonderful server to other servers, they were really quite perfect. They helped the next tabel with decisions and explained how modifications might make their food take longer, they warned us that a very large party was about to order, did we want to get our dessert orders in before them? They were helpful and cheerful.
- Not as good as expectedDonnaVIPDined on 9/1/2013We had read the reviews before eating here so were very surprised that our experience was so different. This is a small restaurant in the hotel, very casual seating, looking out over the pool area. Everything was just okay, trying to be good but missing on most attempts. Server was very earnest but did not know the food or the wine. Food was either overly salty, overly dressed or sauced. Wanting to be a Sononma county foodie restaurant but just could not cut it.Special Features:
- Quiet RespitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013Chef Danny checked on guests, the food was beautiful and tasty, and the wine list was extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/12/2013I LOVE this restaurant. The food is excellent, of course. The Executive Chef, Danny Mai, is a really nice man, too - genuine. He came to our table on Mother's Day and shared his passion for his cooking, as he told us about what we were enjoying from the kitchen. GO! What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu had a lot of itemsDianeVIPDined on 5/11/2013The menu had a lot of items with some unusual spices and additives. Difficult to choose. Restaurant was crowded and the service was rushed because of large parties coming in after SSU graduation.Special Features:
- We booked this for "restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We booked this for "restaurant week in Sonoma County". I must say that the food was very good for the $29 bux that it cost. The wait staff was punctual, pleasant, and professional. We felt that we were more like in a coffee shop rather than a restaurant, but the food more than made up for it. The Chef came out and asked us for our opinion. We gave him high praise. The desert was yummy and there was a great wine list. We will return someday for a second meal. I can recommend it without reservation.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Pleasantly surprised. Lunch was delicious and the service outstanding. The chef came out to visit. Lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- Sunday FundayRudolphVIPDined on 12/9/2012Who would of thunk there's a cute restaurant in the Sheraton Petaluma! We loved our brunch experience here, away from the noisy city during the Holiday Season. It was cozy, quiet, and serene. I will definitely come back with friends, family, customers, guests, etc. I had the best Caesar salad ever, the dressing was delicious - everything was fresh. The dessert is not too sweet, just right. Staff were friendly and kept checking on us consistently. I really enjoyed my time here with my family, can't wait to relax here again!Special Features:
- A special place in PetalumaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2012We dine here for special occasions and we very much like the Thanksgiving dinner (her the turkey & fixings; me the Prime Rib of Beef). Always great.Special Features:
- Our first Thanksgiving diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Our first Thanksgiving dining out and not sure what to expect. Very positive experience - great food and service. Not rushed at all. Would consider in the future.
- Farm-fresh/Delicious/Reasonable $OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Outstanding and consistent with the Sheraton brand. I alerted the restaurant that it was my daughter's birthday lunch and they bent over backwards to make it cheery and personal for her. The Chef even visited with us at least twice and sent out a special dessert for us both on the house! The waitress was ultra attentive and cheerful. The food was farm-fresh, par excellence, flavorful and satisfying! Very reasonably priced I felt. Thank you Chef and Staff of the Sheraton Petaluma!Special Features:
- elegant dining in a hotel lobbyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012Great food and service, but the ambiance is akin to a continuation if the Sheraton lobby. Outdoor seating takes advantage of a pool view as opposed to the Marina, and is cold and windy due to the layout. Servings were generous and guests can order from happy hour menu from dining area until 7pm for half off certain appetizer items and 3 dollar tap beer. Bread, oil, butter and vinegar are served free of charge. The most stiking positive attribute is the presentation of the food, which a match is uncommon even in downtown restaurants.Special Features:
- Food vaires due to limitedNoReservationsVIPDined on 6/4/2012Food vaires due to limited menu. We have been twice and enjoyed both. They took their best iten (Halibut over butternut squash ravioli) off the menu so we were dissapointed. Portions are large. Staff friendly.
- Get somebody to answer yourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Get somebody to answer your phone for reservations. I wanted to go Mother's Day brunch not bring my wife to and family for avearage breakfast at hotel chain.
- Server's could use more trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2012The food was great but the service was a bit lacking. Our server seemed confused about the menu and she spilled tea all over the table and me. I wonder if she was new and just nervous?Special Features:
- I usually like the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2012I usually like the food at Tolay very much. This time, I tried something new and found I didn't care much for it. I like to take my elderly aunt to meals at Tolay as it is easy for her to get in and out both from the easy car parking and from the restaurant itself.Special Features:
- We happened to be there basicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/3/2012We happened to be there basically by ourselves. My pork was unfortunately quite dry.
- VERY FRIENDLY AND HOSPTIABLE,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2011VERY FRIENDLY AND HOSPTIABLE, GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD FOOD.Special Features:
- Great food, reasonably priced,BirthdaygirlDined on 11/10/2011Great food, reasonably priced, super service. It was a birthday dinner, and they did not disppoint in spoiling us - free dessert, too! It was quiet and easy to converse.Special Features:
- Well what can I say, it'sAbigailVIPDined on 9/28/2011Well what can I say, it's a hotel restaurant. The food was expensive but marginal. If I were at a diner, I'd say the food was was good but for the price point, I expected a lot more. The duck spring rolls were terrible. I did like the New York steak but it tasted like it was drowning in butter. My companians did not fair as well. They did not complain out of politeness because I was paying but no one said "the food was good." We sat outside and it was warm and I did like that. Our server was ok. Overall,the hotel staff seemed friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- The pistachio-encrusted halibutMaxwellVIPDined on 9/13/2011The pistachio-encrusted halibut was very tasty and the serving size was generous. It was difficult to taste the garlic in the garlic mashed potatoes that accompanied the bistro steak special. Vegatables were done to perfection. I would love to have seen a bit more selection on the menu.Special Features: