Tokyo Go Go
3174 16th St.
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tokyo Go Go
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tokyogogo.com/
- Phone: 4158642288
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Richard Ko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Happy hour from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm daily. Late night happy hour Sunday-Thursday 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Late night happy hour Friday-Saturday 10:00 pm to 1:00 am.
A word from Tokyo Go Go
Snazzy decor, impeccable sushi, low prices and a great location. The dining experience is anything but subtle with medium-decibel acid jazz, globe-shaped lighting fixtures in pink, lime green and orange, not to mention a stellar cocktail sake selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tokyo Go Go reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our server was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2012Our server was fantastic. The whole staff was legit. Highly recommend it.
- We found this place throughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012We found this place through LivingSocial. Our deal was very good so we freely ordered whatever we want. I LOVE the vegetable udon. The broth was great and it was refreshing. The sushi rolls were good too but the avocado in the Dragon Roll was very rich and fat that I felt a little overwhelmed by it after eating the roll (so that's why we ordered the udon to "balance" the taste). The cocktails were very good. I loved the Go Go Lychee (lychee sake) and the Lychee Rose (Grey Goose, rose, and lychee). The food, drinks, and the decorations were nice but the pricing in general is a bit expensive. Come here during their happy hour from 5-7pm though!Special Features:
- Tony was awesome!!!! The TNTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Tony was awesome!!!! The TNT roll, house cold sake, kanpa chi house specialty, hamachi belly sashimi and banana tempura dessert were my favs. Looking forward to going back to try moreSpecial Features:
- Nice happy hour placeTigerVIPDined on 9/12/2012this place has great snacks and excellent sushi. Drinks and sushi were reasonable at happy hour and the service was good.Special Features:
- The quality of the fish wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2012The quality of the fish was outstanding and the advice from the waitress was spot on including when she advised that we skip the $32 small carafe of sake given that it was for dessert. The flight of sake was great. It is pricey though, so know what you're getting into; great sushi and service at prices well above those standard for the Mission.Special Features:
- The host has got to go go!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2012When we arrived, a host with an attitude problem told us to wait at the bar even though we had a reservation. Another couple came in after us and were seated right away. Then the host offered us a high bar table even when we could see other tables in the dining area were open. After about 15 more minutes of waiting we were finally seated. The saving grace was the kind disposition of the waitress. Great sushi overall, but not worth dealing with a snotty host.
- TOKYO GO GO is a neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2012TOKYO GO GO is a neighborhood gem. it's worth going out of your neighborhood to come to theirs. the food is fresh, inventive, and the sake and beer choices, as well as the cocktails are diverse and inventive. GO GO for it !Special Features:
- Food portions were VERY smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Food portions were VERY small for the price. The sushi rolls were tiny and did not have enough fish for $14.Special Features:
- We went to Tokyo Go Go onVC99Dined on 7/23/2012We went to Tokyo Go Go on a Living Social coupon but the food was very good and by SF standards not expensive. We'd definitely come back againSpecial Features:
- Very good sushi, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Very good sushi, but they forgot our order twice and it took hours before we got all our food... But the food was very good!
- Great sushi!! After tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2012Great sushi!! After trying several things new to us, our winner was the Golden Gate roll. Very nice place that gets busier later in the dinner hour. Pretty good drinks and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- TOKYO GO GO is a neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2012TOKYO GO GO is a neighborhood gem. it's worth going out of your neighborhood to come to theirs. the food is fresh, inventive, and the sake and beer choices, as well as the cocktails are diverse and inventive. GO GO for it !Special Features:
- Overall, Tokyo Go Go was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Overall, Tokyo Go Go was a very good dining experience. I loved the TNT roll and the server was very nice and fun. I had a great time!Special Features:
- Awesome food, awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012The food, including sushi rolls and fish and meat dishes, was delicious and the service was EXCELLENT. Super fun, trendy atmosphere but reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning to get my sushi fix here.Special Features:
- My favorite date night Sushi placebritguyVIPDined on 6/29/2012Great Sushi restaurant in a hip area of town. Good happy hour which is normally quiet. Black Cod is a must as is the Mushroom starter. Sushi is not the star but is normally also good. Service is friendly and fast.
- The food here is never lessOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2012The food here is never less than amazing! The Fish Taco roll, the Azteca roll, the Dynamite hand roll and the Fort Point roll are among the tastiest selections on the menu. Fresh-grated wasabi is available upon request which is far superior to any powdered/paste version you find in most Japanese restaurants. Give it a try. You'll instantly notice the difference. Service at the sushi bar could use a bit of attention. It is difficult to communicate with the chefs because of the height level difference between the sushi prep area and the seating area. It would also increase the dining pleasure at the sushi bar if a floor server made more regular rounds to ensure that guests were taken care of with drinks, clearing empty plates, etc.Special Features:
- ALWAYS ExcellentdelautenVIPDined on 6/1/2012I have been coming here for 10 years. I LOVE this place!! Great service, great food.Special Features:
- We have been going here forNightOutinSFDined on 5/19/2012We have been going here for years and the fish is consistently good quality and the service is great!Special Features:
- I've been coming here on andSFFoodieFunVIPDined on 5/4/2012I've been coming here on and off for years, with my last visit 2 weeks ago and 8 months previous to that. Eight months ago, the food was fantastic, the service middling. Now the service is excellent, but the food average at best. My tuna and hamachi belly were not the freshist (though not spoiled mind you) and very small in portion. My lychee martini-ish drink was good, not great. They forgot the onions in their signature hamachi roll and the fish was a little bit too warm -- warmer than room temperature which I found a bit disconcerting. The tofu was very good though.Special Features:
- Consistently great quality!delautenVIPDined on 4/11/2012This place is consistently great; I have been going there since 2002 and find it as great today as it was back then. Excelent, high-quality sushi and good service.Special Features:
- We reserved a table at 9 p.m.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2012We reserved a table at 9 p.m. on a weekday- definitively too late, as they first forgot us and then rushed us through the menu so that they could close. Excellent sushi though.Special Features:
- substandard serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2012horrible service. food was just ok. they gave us crap for using a groupon. they also got our drinks wrong. TWICE. and argued with us about it!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic - theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/3/2012The food was fantastic - the service was slow and disinterested, and at some points, rude. Happily, that is a rarity in SF. Probably wouldn't go back, but only because of the service - it is easy to find other stellar sushi places that are happy to have customers. However, it might have been an off night. The food was really great!Special Features:
- I've never been here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2011I've never been here before but wanted to try it out. Sushi was ok....I have never seen nigiri sushi with such thin slices of fish on top. The cocktails were pretty tasty. I wouldn't necessarily rush back since there are so many great restaurants in the city. Service was friendly enough.
- Food was good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2011Food was good and service was excellent. She was on the ball following up on our order. Great service I would say.Special Features:
- Great place! I orignallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2011Great place! I orignally tried it through a SocialLiving coupon, and have returned several times. Great drinks and great food! Love happy hour.Special Features:
- Always a good time here. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2011Always a good time here. Food is excellent as always. I'll keep coming back for sure.
- Good food, good service, good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Great experience all around. Tony, our waiter, was absolutely excellent, and the food was really great. They made a mistake with telling us what was gluten free, so even though they corrected it before we even got our food, and we had plenty of time to order something different, they still brought us a free appetizer and sake on the house! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Tokyo Go Go? Tokyo Yes Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2011Great food, great rolls, great service. The rolls were amazing, and the fact they were playing fun electronic music also was a plus.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/21/2011This was my first visit to Tokyo Go Go in 5 years. The quality of food and service has definitely suffered. I am hoping the Ownership will take a step back and evaluate the restaurant's food and service over time and resolve these issues. I was definitely disappointed as I used to frequent Tokyo Go Go often having lived close by.Special Features:
- The food was really tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2011The food was really tasty! I would highly suggest Tokyo Go Go for the food. However, our night was spoiled by the service! It was horrible.....It took about 20 minutes after we order to get our drinks.....then about another 30 minutes to get our food...Also, it took our waitress a long time to give us our check and our change... With that being said, the food was amazing. My friends and I ordered the Gyoza Pork rolls for apps. Heavenly...The we ordered three rolls: The Azteca, Off the Wall, and the Twin Peaks.....They all were amazing, but the Azteca was my FAVORITE! It was crab in the middle, with yellowtail tuna on top. On top of that, there was a jalapeno with a garlic cream sauce....the whole roll was slightly torched! YUM!!!!Special Features:
- Not authentic Japanese food.bruincalVIPDined on 7/10/2011Not authentic Japanese food. taste is totally off compared with other real Japanese restaurant. Agadeshi tofu is really bad. Size is hugh and super cold inside and very firm. Hamachi Kama's meat was very rough and hard. It's just not the typical Japanese cuisine. will not go back.
- Best Sushi in San Fransco!!CatchDined on 5/31/2011Great service and food!! Brian and Dragon at the Sushi bar are the BEST! Their artistry is truely demonstrated with their preparation of the sushi rolls and dishes. Thank you fir a fabulous dinner.Special Features:
- amazing food & staff. loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2011amazing food & staff. love this place! great happy hours, menu & drinks/bartender! :)Special Features:
- Very casual and hip motif.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011Very casual and hip motif. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was better than expected.Special Features:
- It was incredibly expenseLadyVIPDined on 4/18/2011It was incredibly expense for not that much food. Reminded me why I don't go very often even though it's in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Never disappointedfoodieDined on 4/16/2011We've been going to Tokyo a go go for a couple of years now and every single time we go we're never disappointed. Their fish is always fresh and delicious. Their yellowtail sashimi is like butter. Their tatake beef is most excellent! Their rolls are delicious and creative. We especially love their Azteca roll but all their rolls are great! Their cooked dishes are good too. We usually order their miso cod and it's outstanding!Special Features:
- The restaurant is pleasant,TubasajoyVIPDined on 4/7/2011The restaurant is pleasant, unpretentious, and the fish was very fresh and nicely presented. I've been to sushi places I liked better, but this was a good choice for a handy spot -- I'll go again, but it's not a stunner.
- Good but slooooowwwwwwwOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2011The restaurant was busy for a Wednesday, our reservations at 8:30. Our server was gracious and apologetic in advance, but the food took FOREVER to arrive, presumably because it was backed up at the sushi bar. I have been here many times during a busy time and it's never been this slow. I left still hungry because I didn't want to take the chance of waiting even though the crowd had cleared out somewhat. Sigh. I'll be back, but definitely as an early bird.
- great sushi. the black codOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2011great sushi. the black cod was exceptional. loud, and only small tables, tho'Special Features: