4040 Galt Ocean Dr
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tokyoblueonthebeach.com/
- Phone: (954) 566-2122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: Sunday through Thursday 4:00pm until 11:00pm; sushi bar until 12:00am. Friday and Saturday Dinner 4:00pm until 12:00am; sushi bar until 1:00am. Ultra-Lounge remains open until 2am weeknights and 3am on weekends.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Mai
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Fort Lauderdale's hottest DJ's spin today's best dance hits nightly from 10pm until....Check our Facebook Page for nightly events and features.
- Special Events: wednesday: all you can eat MAIN LOBSTER 39.99
Friday: all you can eat Florida Stone Crab 49.99
Sunday : all you can eat *SUSHI ROLL & STEAK 39.99
- Cross Street: Cross Street A1A
- Public Transit: Convenient to Public Bus Routes 36, 55, and 72 at NE 41st ST and A1A. Check bus availability and schedule at http://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/Default.aspx
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at Ocean Manor Resort's main lobby. Additional parking and meters can be found along Galt Ocean Drive.
A word from Tokyo Blue
Tokyo Blue is proud and pleased to present you with one of the most intoxicating cuisines, inviting ambiances, and experienced staff for a night you will definitely remember. Chef Mai's dishes are a blend of Japanese and Thai, with a hint of Peru, creating an exotic blend of flavors and nuances that will please any discerning palate. Also dine personal with Chef Danny at his sushi counter to experience first hand his many artistic sushi creations. Tokyo Blue has an inviting character and charm that embodies a modern, casual and upbeat atmosphere. Combine our great food and ambience with our talented chef and experienced staff, your next dining experience or event will be one to remember. Come see why South Florida's newest and hottest restaurant an lounge is quickly becoming the name on everyone's lips.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tokyo Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent FoodAndes101Dined on 11/7/2014Ordered the sweet and sour chicken, and got the whiskey chicken wings as a appetizer , which were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tokyo blueDianaDined on 11/7/2014Great place...food was soooo good. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tokyo Black & BlueNotrealfussyVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is the first time I have written a critical review. My hope is it will help to improve what could be a very fine local place. We had reservations. The dining room was almost totally empty – just one table occupied. Yet, we were seated near the hallway at the at The exit door, across from a garbage can. I thought perhaps there were a lot of reservations. But no, the restaurant remain almost empty the entire time we were there. Why we could not have been seated at a nicer table away from the garbage can, I don't understand. Since it was our first time there we askedThe server what was the best thing on the menu. She said Seabass. We both ordered it. No Seabass that night. Server had such bad we had to turn away while talking with her.
- Great Asian Cuisine By The OceanlaineDined on 10/23/2014Walking up to the Ocean Resort where Tokyo Blue resides made me a little suspect but once in the restaurant you forget how you got there. Modern & comfortable furnishings capture the hue of the blue lighting. The menu was much more extensive than I anticipated but every selection from appetizer to main course was freshly and deliciously prepared. Tokyo Blue is a cut "well" above your average "sushi place". Our host was very knowledgeable and friendly. He made some great food suggestions as well as wine & drink pairings. Whether for lunch, dinner, or hang out spot, Tokyo Blue will surprise you with it's modern elegance and delicious offerings. Discover it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Everything was awesome from the view to the service. Our server was energetic and gave us some really great advice as to what the best foods are on the menu. One of the downsides was that it got dark very fast and our beautiful view vanished quickly as there were no lights outside to retain the scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like Tokyo blew...PresidentialSuiteDined on 10/11/2014I read other online ratings and booked this place site unseen. It is an unimpressive in is decor as it is is intake food. The hot entrees were better than the sushi which was tasteless and had rice that lacked the sticky freshness of good and great sushi bars. I shall not return.
- very underwhelminglovetoeatoutDined on 10/11/2014Food was pricey but very average. The duck and bokchoy on my plate were flavorless with no seasoning. The service was timid and seemed to have no interest in being there or providing a good experience. We commented on our online reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and our son's birthday and it was never brought up. Another dish we ordered was ordered medium rare and it came looking grey and dry with no pink whatsoever.Special Features:
- FABULOUS FINDCRINCDined on 10/11/2014CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN. GREAT FOOD...GREAT SERVICE. NICE OUTSIDE SEATING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againDelishDined on 9/4/2014I love Tokyo Blue. We have come here for a weeknight dinner, special occasion, and this last time it was just for a few appetizers. The food has always been delicious (try the Miso Sea Bass Skewers or Salmon Carpaccio.) I don't know why this place doesn't get more press.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiBloomDined on 9/3/2014The sushi was awesome...grest section. The service was wonderful. I will definitely be back. The lobster rolls are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fir group birthday celebrationdiscerningeaterDined on 9/3/2014Lobsters were well prepared and fresh. The rest of the food was fair didnt knock my socks off. Service was pretty good a little slow to get initial order in but overall 9/10 they kept the lobster coming and thats what we went there for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatgregVIPDined on 8/30/2014all food was fresh and cooked good. nice scenic view. good sushi place on the ocean. my only problem was that they didn't credit my points because they said it was cancelled and it wasn't other than that, perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shall return! LOVED IT!zuzupetalsDined on 8/28/2014This beautifully decorated restaurant offers ocean views. If you are going for dinner, I suggest an early seating so you can enjoy the view as the sun sets to make the most of this location. The wait staff is warm, friendly and VERY knowledgeable. The host is expert in customer service. He took time out to take numerous pictures of us outside and stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was fresh and delicious. Their fried rice is the best either of us had ever had and the sushi rolls were perfectly rolled and served in generous portions. This is my new favorite place! I also learned they have a Ladies' Night in their bar next door on Wednesday nights and plan to go with a few friends.Special Features:
- POOR SERVICE2SadDined on 8/23/2014I had a large party but the expected amount was 10 (which were all on time). Every waiter/waitress that WASN'T ours was so helpful but our waitress...she was swearing, complaining that she "only has one hand" and motioned for each of us to get our own plates (which she initially started bringing out 1 by 1) from her. The service was so slow, that I called the restaurant from my cell and asked to speak w/the manager. He said that they were busy - which I could see but no one EVER came out to tell us that the orders were being worked on, etc. When the checks came, most were incorrect. Most of the food orders were incorrect as well. I had visited it before and had no issues. I'll never go back. Especially if I know Jeana is working!Special Features:
- Thai was good, sushi was a nolittlenomsterDined on 8/21/2014Sushi rolls looked like publix rolls, thin on the rice, not full of flavor or creative in the approach. I had the Thomas roll and for 16 dollars i think it was, it was mediocre. The shrimp tempura wasn't crispy like it just came up. The roll was thin and small. Thai food had good flavor so I'd recommend having Tom ka gai soup and pad Thai. My other girlfriend got the crying tiger salad but the steak was tough and overcooked. So all in all mostly overpriced probably because on the beach but the food is meh,ida bit disappointed as I'm a major foodie. I'd recommend locally sushi song for sushi and Thai Spice for Thai food.Special Features:
- Always awesomeroxyDined on 8/17/2014Food is great, drinks are great, and the ambiance is great. Sushi prices can't be beat! However, beware and ask how much your drinks cost, we had two great mojitos, however $30 dollars for two drinks was a nasty surprise on the bill. Make sure you ask your server how much they are!Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 8/6/2014Wow. I have not been here for a while but now I can't wait to go back! Derik our server was on the ball, ever single thing we ordered had the most amazing flavores. Try the creamy yuba roll, thomas roll, salmon teriyaki and sticky rice dessert. We loved them all! See you soo Tokyo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Gourmet Japanese in Fort LaudhungrypupVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Tokyo Blue numerous times and brought many friends. Everyone agrees, it is the best Japanese food they ever ate! The food and service are always outstanding. They have an extensive menu with some of the common dishes, as well as many unique ones. Many of the items are the best we've ever had. You must try the lobster roll!Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the Tokyo Blue reviews archive.
- Distracting music.PTDaniaDined on 7/19/2014There was loud piped in music that clashed horribly with the even louder piano bar. They could not do much about it. So it extremely distracting and we could not have a conversation. If we didn't already order our food we would have left. What I had ordered was not to my liking. It was too sweet and not flavorful.
- Yummy Hamachi!MrsIrishtobeDined on 7/3/2014My sisters and I were on vacation in FL and we were in the mood for sushi. I had had the hamachi jalapeño which was absolutely delicious. The yellowtail tasted so fresh and my entree (drunken noodles with shrimp) was more than I could finish. We would absolutely visit this restaurant the next time we visit Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood coolCNitAllDined on 7/3/2014This place does in fact have sushi if that's your thing, but the menu offers a wide variety of delicious dishes, the back window offers a pool and beach view, and weather permitting there are several small tables outside. The bar side of the restaurant starts hopping around 9. And entertains both hotel guests and many locals alike. The interior design of the place is both trendy as well as romantic. And if you desire a bit of fresh air, simply head downstairs to the beachside tiki bar. Always hoppin. Especially if there's a good game on.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!RandirVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had been to tokyo blue once before but didn't like it for the lobster special. This time we ate sushi and it was delicious ! We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu SelectionsVictorDined on 6/27/2014Nice mix of menu selections - something for everyone. Good food, prepared well and well-presented. A little on the pricey side but good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceWinegirl75Dined on 6/18/2014Poor service! Waitress didn't notice we needed silverware. We kept having to look for someone to get even a glass of water. Was never told the waitresses name nothing. Even my $12 drink only 1/2 was drinkable due to the ice and foam.Special Features:
- Once is enoughB2012VIPDined on 6/14/2014I visited Tokyo Blue on a Saturday night for dinner with a friend. After waiting about 10 minutes, the waitress finally came to take our orders. 20-25 minutes later, our appetizers arrived, followed less than 1 minute later by our entrees. The waitress never came to update us on why the appetizers were taking so long (I ordered soup - I KNOW this was already prepared). When my entree came, it was prepared wrong. I told the server that I didn't need the soup, as I ordered it to preceed the entree, not to eat simultaneously. I also informed her that my meal was prepared wrong (with nuts, and I'm allergic). She then took both my soup & entree away so I NOTHING to eat. I asked to speak to the manager, who never came to our table. Never again.
- "Tokyo"...but nothing like JapaneseChizDined on 5/25/2014We thought as their name said...they serve Japanese food which they do serve sushi like menus but nothing close appearance or quality. Also they use "fish sauce" in salad dressing...!? Japanese will not use this for salad for sure...it was very strange taste... Noise was could be holiday weekend. But we will not dine here in the future.
- Bluelobstergirl00Dined on 5/7/2014We had an amazing time and we will be returning. I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and Memorable Night!RieGVIPDined on 4/25/2014Tokyo Blue is indeed a gem! We did a series of appetizers instead of entrees - our own "Tasting Menu" and I can tell you from both of us, not one single disappointment! Each plate was a delightful treat to the tastebuds!!! We left not only sated, but impressed and spoiled for all other restaurants. The service was impeccable. Attentive, pleasant, and very friendly. The atmosphere was lovely. I wouldn't recommend it for kids since it's more of a romantic getaway fun spot. But I HIGHLY recommend it for couples and friends out for a special night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local spotGLENDaDined on 4/25/2014as always the food/service was great-greg is professionalSpecial Features:
- Lobsters GaloredineronthegoDined on 4/23/2014Went to wed night All You Can Eat Lobster Night and it was awesome! Lobsters were fresh and piping hot and they just kept coming! The service was perfect with a friendly smiling waiter who was attentive and smart. We even had room for a lava cake/ice cream dessert which we shared. I would HIGHLY recommend the restaurant and the tiki bar out back on the sand. Great restaurant and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just sushi,everything deliciousMax1Dined on 4/11/2014New owner, new chef, and everything exceeded expectations. Every dish was a culinary work of delicious art. Not like the big pieces of sushi saucy mess you get in most sushi restaurants. Each roll was hand crafted to be the perfect combination of flavors. The menu offers a variety of unique dishes. The fried bok choy melted in your mouth. Don't eat suhi? They had many dishes to appeal to every diner. You might no expect it but they had Great steaks too. Did I mention a full bar? Service was impeccable, everyone was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. VIP service without the attitude. Signature cocktails too. Lounge area is great and is open late. The view of the ocean from our table was the cherry on top of a perfect night.Special Features:
- DisappointmentluluDined on 3/12/2014Was there a few times for "lobster night" and enjoyed it. But this last time (2 days ago) I brought friends and we were all very disappointed because the lobsters that they kept bringing were overcooked and dry. The fries that came with the lobsters were cold. It was a very expensive and disappointing experience.Special Features:
- tokyo blue...amazingKnightgrlDined on 3/7/2014Not only are they running drink specials daily or have a great happy hour, but the sushi is top notch. Great entrees too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sodawndDined on 3/1/2014Food was okay and pricey. I guess you are paying for being on the ocean and the restaurant being ina hotel.
- Valentine's DayNbauzaDined on 2/14/2014Exquisite food under moon for a romantic Valentine's daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayfreeflyingDined on 2/14/2014I went to tokyo blue this recent Valentine's day. I was the worst dinning experience I have ever had. I understand that Valentine's day is a busy night for every restaurant, but I figure for a expensive place that has been around as long as tokyo blue they would handle it with class. I arrive on time for my reservation, but apparently the place was not busy enough to require one because the hostess did not ask if I had one and my party was seated right away. We were squeezed between too other small tables seemely in the middle of a room with strangers 2 feet away.; hardly secluded or romantic. Our food took forever to arrive and would see it kept going to the wrong tables. The servers did not seem to care. This place was embarrassing.Special Features:
- Dinner for EightCreativeWizardDined on 2/14/2014Tokyo Blue was the only place I could get a dinner reservation on the same day as Valentine's day. Hence, my expectations were not high. We were all pleasantly surprised by the service (prompt, attentive and bright), food (great selection, high quality and as expected or better). ambiance (good but varied) as this is both a bar, sushi bar and restaurant that is trying too cater to all which is a challenge. The "Tiki Bar" is separate. outside and directly adjacent the beach for after dinner drinks. It was a great way to top off the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tokyo Blue- Pompano Beach Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was a groupon find and we are so happy we went there! Amazing happy hour deals. The sushi and other dishes are AMAZING! Get the Jalapeno Poppers and the Thomas Roll! We love this place! Fun ambiance too at night. Great place to have drinks too and there are ocean views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the great ayce lobster spotCarolynDined on 2/5/2014I feel as if they did this on purpose...they waited so long between servings of all you can eat lobster dish refills that your stomach had time to register it was full after plate #1 so you would be too full to eat 5 plates of lobster. It was annoying.Special Features:
- Lobster nightluluDined on 2/5/2014My sister and I went for lobster night and really enjoyed it. Maine lobster cooked to perfection, service very helpful (we asked a few times for more lemon and to warm up the melter butter) and friendly. The only negative that bothered us a little is the noise level of the music but we are older people and loud music starts to bother us. All and all, a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.