TOI Tapas Bar & Lounge
75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
TOI Tapas Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toitapasbar.com/
- Phone: 8053738785
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Bar: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Richard Blanke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full line of off site catering options from 15 to 500 people. we have several menus available or can create a special event just for you.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining rooms that can accommodate from 12 to 200 people or we can accommodate up to 500 people in multiple rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Papenfus 8053738785
- Entertainment: Supporting the local arts and entertainment community in the Thousand Oaks and Ventura area!
A word from TOI Tapas Bar & Lounge
Welcome to TOI Tapas Bar and Lounge! Thousand Oaks only Wood Fired Pizza and Tapas Bar. We specialize in locally sourced artisan wines,cheese and charcuterie. Our menu is all made in house with the utmost care to bring out the natural beauty in all of our menu offerings. We represent various ethnic cuisines from Asia and Polynesia to Mediterranean and everything in between. The dining room and kitchen pay tribute to our natural surroundings with warm wood, stone and marble decor. Service is friendly and warm while slightly sophisticated and never pretentious. Food is meant to be shared and enjoyed with friends and family which is the core of our dining philosophy. We look forward to sharing our great passion for food and family with you!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TOI Tapas Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasant SurpriseRuns4threeDined on 4/8/2013I found TOI's through Open Table while trying to locate a taps, small bites restaurant to meet with friends from work. This place was surprisingly nice, good ambiance, perfect after work spot. I travel often to this location, so I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we had attended aRussVIPDined on 3/22/2013Although we had attended a wine dinner once here, this was our first time dining off the regular menu. The entire family loved the food. Service was relaxed and attentive. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Worth a visitsambaDined on 3/21/2013This was an unexpected gem. Try the pizza, it's wood-fired and deliciously light. Their tapas were an interesting mix of types and flavors. Service was quick and friendly, with no hovering. The bar was lively but not too loud. I'm definitely returning to try a few new items soon.Special Features:
- Overpriced, not worth coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The food was very much overpriced for extremely small servings, even for Tapas. 2 pcs of scallops for $10?? We didn't even bother about dessert. They also had a live singer at the time we came, she was singing waaaay too loud. Overall not a very pleasant experience for us.
- Share a LittleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2012We are going to move guests to the Hotel here since the food is so good. A little difficult to find, but worth it. Good for Chinese, as Tapas are sharing food.Special Features:
- Very overpriced for what itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2012Very overpriced for what it was...6 of us, one cocktail each and one tapa (with bread now extra!) over $140..!! Waiter was nice, but the place was dreary..no Holiday spirit.
- I have been here three times.dvillanDined on 12/8/2012I have been here three times. Every time is great. A nice little place before seeing a movie or a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Used to be great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2012This used to be a good spot to get dinner, we went there 3-4 times since they opened. They had a great menu, and now its a small menu that is way overpriced. They state they have 25% off drinks and topas during happy hour, but when you get there they have 5 items only on happy hour, and none are drinks. The Ahi Tuna Tacos tapas, 3 tiny tacos, were good but $11? Im sorry to write this review, but the place has changed and it shows.
- This restaurant is still workingAliswonderVIPDined on 12/2/2012This restaurant is still working it out. Nice open space. Limited menu. There were a couple of good appetizers. Might be nice to stop in for a drink and a bite late at night if they're open late, but not enough to be worth going for dinner unless they expand their menu. Two good dishes: artichoke hearts and ahi poke tacos (smallish). Chicken sate too. Service was very good. Could be nice so keep an eye on where they go from here.Special Features:
- We had early dinner reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012We had early dinner reservations so it would account for it not being very busy. That being said, we felt out waitress should've been more attentive to our needs and stop by more often to check on us. At times we had to look for her and wondered if she would eventually come back.Special Features:
- Located on the back road togoodtimesVIPDined on 10/28/2012Located on the back road to Thousand Oaks Mall, this bar/lounge is connected to a hotel. We tried this place for dinner. When we first walked in, there were only three people seated, this raised concern, the couple in front of us turned and walked out the door, they have no idea what they missed. We decided to give it a try and we are certainly glad we did. My son can't stop raving about the bacon wrapped shrimp. Don't expect a sit down dinner with a 4 course meal. Everything is served appetizer style, and the food is DELICIOUS, each item has it's own unique taste. Very quite which is nice for a change, the service was good, portions are ok, typical pricing for appetizers. I recommend you give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/27/2012The food is amazing. Each small dish a feast for the mouth and eyes.Special Features:
- The pictures on the websiteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/2012The pictures on the website are totally deceiving. Was not expecting Dennys.
- The selections were very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012The selections were very good, sorry to see it so slow on a Friday night. The service was excellent. Great date night place or Friday night place after a long work week. Which is why we went.. Nice music for the baby boomers. Best dish would have to be their pizzas, as well as their shrimp dish which we loved.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2012Upon hearing a guitarist/singer was going to be playing I made reservations for TOI Tapas on Wednesday night. We have been here twice before but only with larger groups celebrating occasions. While my bacon wrapped shrimp was good, my wife ordered the roasted artichokes and found then very very spicy. This was not mentioned in the description and so we sent them back and she ordered more of the shrimp. I consider myself a starting foodie, but the menu here is very odd to me. I always have trouble finding something that appeals to me at that time. And it is a bit too expensive for what you get. The shrimp is $9.00, which I find is fine but then you get 3 shrimp. $3.00 a shrimp?? in a restaurant that you can clearly see into the hotel lSpecial Features:
- This bar/restaurant is attachedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2012This bar/restaurant is attached to a local inn. Yet is a local haunt. Personable staff willing and able to provide good attention. What this place lacks is creativity in design. Yet with live background music and reasonably priced drinks - this place as potential. Food was better than average. Stay with the appetizers and tapas.
- great music on wednesday nights!ChristineVIPDined on 9/12/2012great music on wednesday nights! food great, cocktails great, service outstanding. It's at an odd location but don't let that throw you. Really worth trying! I will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Glad I went, but wouldn't go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012The restaurant had an old musty smell. Our waiter was good but understaffed so it took a long time to get anything. The food is good. But definitely not worth the cost. The tapas were way too overpriced. Funny because I can't imagine any of the hotel guests would eat there. That is a 3 star hotel with affordable rates and the restaurant is way too expensive for what it serves. Not a good symbiosis.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely amazing!LoriDined on 8/31/2012The food was absolutely amazing! I'm surprised the place isn't packed every night. Bill Worrell, the guitar player, was terrific too!Special Features:
- We celebrated our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2012We celebrated our anniversary at TOI last night. I had mentioned that in my reservation but it was not on their radar screen. Dissapointing. However, the food was fantastic and we were certainly not rushed. There was a piano playing, quietly, tastefully. This was our first visit to TOI and we will definitely return. We have finally found a restaurant that you can carry on a conversation while dining and not be bombarded by loud noise and music. KUDOS!Special Features:
- Tasty Evening Well-SpentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2012Our group of six ladies thoroughly enjoyed our evening out and unanimously agreed that the food and wait staff are excellent. All choices were yummy - tasty and crispy Ahe Poke Tacos (3), succulent Heirloom Beets with lemon vinagrette, Buratta Cheese and Tomatoes, luscious and plump Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Thai Beef and Chicken Satay, and perfectly Oak Fired Margherita Pizza. All served up by our efficient, pleasant, and handsome waiter Brad, combined for a fun and spicy well-spent birthday evening. We were there Weds from 6-8, so it may pick up later. With a decent singer at the keyboard, and attractive bar area, it is too bad the location is so off-the-beaten-path that we must keep the word-of-mouth going so we can continue to enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Overall food quality was "OK"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Overall food quality was "OK" - at least it's not a chain... But the concrete floors and general lack of warmth and interior design makes it less a dining experience than a place to eat. They could do a lot to improve by investing in some flooring, better tables and chairs, and decorations.
- Lovely dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Lovely dining experience. The food was great (but there could have been a more extensive tapa list). I went with a friend and we shared tapas. The presentation was only surpassed by the superb flavors. If we hadn't filled up at five tapas, we would have had one of each! I can't speak for the pizza since we couldn't get to it. Another positive was the waiter and waitress. They were "Johnny on the spot," and gave us explanations of the different tapa choices.Special Features:
- Very quiet for a Friday night.DenuchDined on 7/20/2012Very quiet for a Friday night. The service was impeccable, the drinks were great and the food was quite good. A great place to host a Meetup Group event.Special Features:
- So this used to be severalcedesboysVIPDined on 7/15/2012So this used to be several different restaurants before and it is attached to the local hotel. We have watched it change over the years. We made reservations for convenience because it was close to home. The server was attentive and quick and advised us of what we would like. The menu is simple and clean. What we were delivered was nothing short of delicious. Unique, fresh flavors...perfectly prepared. My mother and I were so thrilled and hope TOI is here to stay. Step up the decor a little and you have yourself a winner. I will be back regardless.Special Features:
- Amazing food . great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2012Amazing food . great service . Please renovate the exterior and interior to give the place a fresh new feel. The place looks very dated. The ambiance needs a west Hollywood lounge /bar look .Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012My wife and I had a great experience. The food was amazing and the service was excelent. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise.LisaVIPDined on 6/6/2012What a pleasant surprise. We were staying at the Four Seasons Westlake and we wanted something different. Wow. Grilled cheese gruyere on a brioch bun, sliders , applewood bacon wrapped shrimp. we couldn't stop eating. Pedro our server what a breath of fresh are.We could not even tell we were connected to a hotel. We will be returning for sure.Special Features:
- The Food and service do notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012The Food and service do not match the decor of the restaurant! The food in inventive and flavorful the service has always been good, but I feel like the restaurant needs a total redo!Special Features:
- The physical place isn't soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2012The physical place isn't so great but the food here is quite good. The pizza was nothing to go back for but all the tapas were very good as was the burger. Not crowded, good bar.Special Features:
- Food was excellant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Food was excellant, great waiter. Was a bit disappointed to hear that the focacia bread was possibly going to be removed from the menu. I do like the idea of adding more tapas though. But keep the bread. Dont care for the olive idea.Special Features:
- Did not know it was part ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2012Did not know it was part of a best western hotel...was not explained on open table site, nor the Toi website. I would not have chosen it if I had known. We left after drinks and some appetizers...it was not what I was looking for.Special Features:
- IGNORE THE FACT IT'S IN A BEST WESTVedaLocaDined on 4/27/2012ODD. If you can get past the fact that the restaurant is IN a Best Western, not next to like we were told by hostess on phone, you will enjoy your meal. We, however, could not get past it. I made refers here to go w some friends. We are all foodies. One friend can be a bit of a snob - but we love her anyway. I am SO glad the friends cancelled and I went w my family instead. Although we leave when we walked inside we stayed. It was not the location of the restaurant being IN the Best Western but the restaurant itself looks like it belongs in a motel. However, good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Nothing great really, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Nothing great really, but good. Probably wouldn't go back though.Special Features:
- It is nice to have a resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2012It is nice to have a resturant in the neighborhood where one can go for small tasty bites instead of a huge meal - the tapas were delicious - everyone almost better than the next. The tuna tacos were like a burst of flavor - small but powerful. We would go back and take friends.Special Features:
- GREAT 4 FOOD but not for service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2012For for foodies: Their tapas are yummy and creative, plus they have an REAL WOOD PIZZA OVEN! just like in the old days!. Neighborhood gem:It's "out of the way from loud obnoxious crowds" which abound in this side of town and who always seems to want to interrupt a relaxed meal or conversation. Special Occasions/or Groups: the place is large and can accommodate good size table of 10+ as well as cozy booths for couples to chat comfortable and private on a (first?) date!:-) The ugly: the service! Unfortunately, 4 times I have gone to this place for all the reasons above. Except while sitting at the bar, the floor personnel lack in courtesy and attention. After sitting us,long wait to order, silverware only after food was out, food missingSpecial Features:
- Cant wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2012Love this place!! Great food, great service and loved the ambiance!! Mmm try the crispy potatoes on the Tapas menu, so yummy!!Special Features:
- If you stay in the hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2012If you stay in the hotel, this is your best option for a quick bite.
- Toi et MoiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012Food was "perfect" first visit. This visit, calamari still fab... thick tender strips perfectly cooked with good dips. Sauces for the potato bites were delish and countered deep-fry feel. Beet salad rocked -- loved the goat cheese more than the mayo-base dressing, and artichokes with prosciutto sang, but were underdone with a few inner leaves left on, ouch. Crab MacNCheese was AWESOME! Big chunks of fresh claw meat, smoky cheese sauce and sprinkling of scallion. Perfect portion to share there, or take to snack on later. Came early to get happy hour 25% off and learned it only applies at bar-top. But, the very gracious waitress made it happen anyway. Great meet-up spot, reasonable $, balladeer, and way hipper than dear ol' Dupar's.Special Features:
- Great food & wonderfull flavors,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Great food & wonderfull flavors, spectacular wine list, terific service! A real hidden treat!Special Features: