162 Orchard St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.toddsmill.com/
- Phone: 2129950300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, Sunday: 5:30pm - 2:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Todd's Mill
Restaurateur Matt Suchomski (No. 7, No. 7 Sub) opens this 75-seat American bistro on the Lower East Side, named after a town his mother's family founded in Illinois. Pair crispy sweetbreads and chicken leg confit with local craft brews in a space styled to evoke an upscale living room, outfitted with antique mantelpieces, plush circular banquettes and a brass chandelier—plus a photo of Mama Suchomski. (Time Out - New York)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Todd's Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ClosedLizErikVIPDined on 6/20/2014We had eaten at this restaurant a number of times before and LOVED it. When we arrived this last time, the grating was down in the restaurant was locked up tight. No one had called us to cancel our reservation and I am unsure if the restaurant has gone out of business. We obviously did not end up eating there that night. Quite disappointed and wish we had known in advance to make different plans. We were late for a concert because we had to find a different place that had availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014This place is closed! We had made a reservation for 13 people on Open Table and didn't realize it was closed until 30 min before our Saturday 7pm reservation. We had a mad scramble to find another restaurant to accommodate us. Luckily, the restaurant Derby across the street was very welcoming. Thank you Derby!
- Good food good beer small portionsDrinkClubDined on 5/15/2014The service was great. Our table was ready and waiting when we arrived at 9:30. The bartender took care of our food and drink in the beginning, when the bar got crowded-- about 11PM-- the waiter took over. The only fault was the small portions. The chips, were tasty, but in an ashtray-sized dish. The cheese platter with a fair amount good cheese could serve 3, if there were more than the 5 slices of bread with it. The menu lists "bread and butter" as a side for $3. The beer selection was excellent. The Session Beer just hit the spot. The waiter was really helpful-- and friendly. (We heard about his music background... and shared YouTube info.), The other customers, too, were extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- transporting and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014loved the vibe, the food was great, the dessert was really fantastic. cute place and feels like you are out of the city for a bit..feels kinda like an updated mill!Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014I had an enjoyable time at this restaurant. It was very loud. A lot of large groups were eating there. Was a fun spot with great energy. Food wasn't anything special. Kale sald was amazing, but my gnocchi was not good. Given all of the options in the area I probably won't return for dinner. I might try it for brunch if my friends want to meet on the LES. They have a brunch special with an entree and two drinks that seemed like a steal.Special Features:
- Comfortable with CharacterHexsignVIPDined on 1/10/2014Todd's Mill is a very easy place to spend an evening. It's charming with a relaxed downtown vibe. The food is terrific along with the service. It's the kind of place that could suit almost anyone on almost any occasion. We had appetizers, salad, entrees, wine and dessert. All were winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid mealBrettGiannaDined on 12/27/2013Had a nice meal here on Friday night with two old friends. The restaurant was practically empty which I think was because of the holiday week, but the food was very good, lots of appetizers fit for sharing, service was good... All in all we were very pleased with the meal, if not blown away. But there were lots of things on the menu that looked appealing, I'd come back to try some more of them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Todd's MillDRH4Dined on 10/4/2013I never would have had dinner here if I hadn't wandered in for happy hour one day and meet the owner and a few outer members of the awesome staff. I saw others in the restaurant and watched what they ate. I knew I would go back and boy am I glad I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Substitution SuggestedJohnDined on 9/22/2013Tried the Mill on a lark with some out-of-town friends. The restaurant was empty throughout the evening with us and only two other tables. When our server approached our table he told us 1/2 of the menu item's ingredients were substituted. No reason given. Food wasn't very inspired and bland; took nearly 30 min to arrive. After we noted the diverse (but limited) wine menu, the server said that they "really try to put a lot of energy and time into the wine selection". Great, but when we ordered he was completely unfamiliar with the vineyards or varietals... We ended up pointing to our selections. With which he apologized saying the wine was "changed out a week or two ago" and he hadn't "learned them yet"... Some kinks need working out :(
- Inaccurate MenuwilltravelforfoodVIPDined on 9/22/2013Atmosphere was great and the location was good, but food was really mediocre. Also, I didn't agree with the upcharge on my brunch entree. The Breakfast Sandwich was on the menu as on a biscuit. The waiter informed me after I ordered that it was actually prepared on an English Muffin, not a biscuit. Although there was a biscuit offered on the menu, the owner wanted to charge me an additional $3 for the biscuit. This was annoying because the menu item I chose was listed as coming on a buttermilk biscuit, so why would I be charged $3? I could make an egg sandwich on an English Muffin at home. With all the restaurants to visit in the Lower East Side, I definitely wouldn't recommend a restaurant with sly business practices.Special Features:
- Nice experiencekod4Dined on 9/8/2013Spacious with a rustic look. The pork chop was as advertised. It's was excellent. Was disappointed in the mussels though. The broth was fine but the chorizo was bland. It did not have the added spice it should have.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I really enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013My husband and I really enjoy our meal even though the menu was limited. There was a choice for all. My pea soup with lobster was very generous and I though underpriced for the size. My chicken with polenta was delicious and very moist. My husband had the pork chop which was divine!! The portions were very large and my son really enjoyed our left over that we brought home! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013the food was quite tasty, and would return to try additional items on menu. waiter was a nice guy and attentive throughout meal, but could not describe the flavors of most dishes on the menu nor the wines; his descriptions were oblique, dull, and not helpful.
- Dish descriptions can be misleading82muchVIPDined on 8/6/2013Dish descriptions can be misleading, but they are delicious nonetheless
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013The food exceeded my expectations. I had the grilled pork chops and they had nice char marks and were quite juicy. My friend had the scallops which were also butter-soft and tasty. Had the mussels as an appetizer, they were good but not great. Heard great things about the razor clam dip but unfortunately they were out that night. The ambiance has lots of soft lighting and candles, very romantic. I went there with a girlfriend before a night out and we enjoyed the upscale digs in a rather not upscale neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Went with the Girlfriend and had a great time. Mussels and the skirt steak were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experiencemcfashDined on 7/26/2013Went with a group of friends for my husbands birthday. The food, service & ambiance were excellent & exceeded our expectations!! Wine was great. We will definitely be returning to try again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch and Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2013We treated a few friends to dinner here in December 2012. The resturant was only open for a few weeks, but you would have never known - the menu was impecable and the service top notch. When I needed a bruch spot near the Great Jones Spa, I decided to take my equally large crew here again. The service was amazing (again) and the food was equally awesome. Our brunch, which included several pitchers of yummy bruch drinks and every dessert on the menu, was just $41 per person with an 18% gratuity. (We of course upped the gratuity.) We "hung out" there for hours - even after we paid our bill our waitress still brought us water and checked in on us. We could not have asked for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2013I happened across Todd's Mill while looking for a place to celebrate birthdays with a group of friends who are all goodies, but with different restrictions (no fish, or no meat). We also look forward to being able to hear each other when we get together. This place was perfect, and the service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but hotririri111VIPDined on 6/1/2013Really good food - but beware, no air conditioning!!! Tough for warmer daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love coming to brunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013I love coming to brunch here (mmmm breakfast burrito!), but this was my first time coming for a big group dinner and it couldn't have been better! The waitstaff was friendly and fast, the food was phenomenal as always, and we felt well taken care of during our entire visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - Patty Melt is a mustamackVIPDined on 5/4/2013Brunch - Patty Melt is a must for burger lovers. On the lighter side the yogurt & granola is delicious. Great brunch cocktails and never a wait! Dinner - Great selection for dinner! I had the mussels w/ chorizo as a main. Came with about 30 mussels - can easily be a shared meal for 2. The pork chop and short ribs were also a hit at our table of 8. Great spot for dinner with a larger group. Ambiance was fantastic and cocktails are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, cozy Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2013My wife & I and our friends -- along with our 9-month old -- had an amazing, casual Sunday brunch. The food was awesome, the service friendly and they were great at helping us out.Special Features:
- SuzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2013I am very impressed by Todd's Mill. The staff is warm and friendly, the food is terrific!Special Features:
- Surprising spot in LES. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Surprising spot in LES. Menu is short but all the food was well prepared and delicious. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Cute, Thursday night dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Cute, Thursday night date place. Felt more Brooklyn than LES.
- This place is great. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2013This place is great. Everything we ordered was delicious and the staff is informative, enthusiastic, and seem genuinely happy to be working there. The food was fresh, flavorful and perfectly seasoned.The drinks are great and the atmosphere comfortable and homey.Special Features:
- Another great evening at Todd's MilOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013I had yet another wonderful evening at Todd's Mill. The owner, server, and Chef Eric were all very friendly and took time to chat with us. They are clearly passionate about food! The "snacks" were delicious-- we had the cheese and crackers, pickled sausage, rosemary and hibiscus lamb, and several others. The appetizers were delicious as well. I recommend the mussels, raw vegetable salad, and sweetbreads (something I would never have eaten if not for my trust in Chef Eric). The scallops entree was perfectly cooked and the short ribs were rich and the perfect course for a cold evening. Don't miss the vegetable cake with goat cheese icing!Special Features:
- worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2013very good, flavor intense food, perhpas pushed a little far, but very pleasant none the less. A good amount of room around the tables for this locationSpecial Features:
- Great new find in LESJefeVIPDined on 1/11/2013Great find! We started with two glasses of prosecco (in the cute, flat glasses my gfriend really likes) and shared the mussels and raw veg salad to start. We followed with scallops and short-ribs...all fantastic. Great service and loved the ambiance. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- A talented chef, a fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2013I had heard about Todd's Mill a few months again and I was excited to finally make it there for a Sunday dinner. The ambience is rustic with beautifully hand-carved wooden elements around the restaurant and a great selection of indie and Motown music. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. My friends and I started off with house cocktails, each of which were seasonally fitting and delicious. When it came time for ordering food, we struggled because everything looked delicious. Luckily for us, Chef Eric Simeon (executive chef who previously worked for Aquavit and Picholine) came out to chat and recommended several dishes. Everything was reasonably priced and very high quality, creative, and delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Portions we're a bit small,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2013Portions we're a bit small, with no sides included or on the menu.
- I can't believe this is a New VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2012Awesome new resturant. The staff is friendly, helpfuly and energetic. Food is a successful twist on classic American dishes. Our only complaint, their coffee service wasn't available yet. Considering the resturant was all of 3 weeks old when we dined there - not bad. We rarely travel to this part of town, but will again just to come to dinner here.Special Features:
- Had a 30th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Had a 30th birthday dinner here...the food is outstanding! Great find.Special Features:
- I came here with a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2012I came here with a couple friends days after they first opened. Our waiter Charles was helpful and friendly, and while the menu is somewhat limited in its selection as the restaurant is still figuring things out, the razor clam dip appetizer and the grilled and braised short rib entree are phenomenal. I will definitely be coming back here and introducing more friends and colleagues to this restaurant!Special Features: