Todd English P.U.B Birmingham
2221 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. N
Birmingham, AL 35203Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Todd English P.U.B Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.toddenglishpub.com/
- Phone: 2053073700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Saturday: 6:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jamie Pruitt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Home of the "7-Second Challenge", where guests can try to chug a beer in 7 seconds or less (beat the clock) & it"s on the house! Beer Pong, Darts, Foos Ball & more! Come "get a little fresh with us" on Saturdays & Sundays, when Todd's own Farm Girls will be mixing up farm-to-table, Bloody Marys, customized just how you like 'em - you choose all the 'fixins & we'll shake it just right!
A word from Todd English P.U.B Birmingham
Four-time James Beard Award winner Todd English debuts his second P.U.B. concept at the fun-filled Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex. A full menu offers a mix of traditional American comfort foods and creative delicacies.The beautifully decadent bar features a full raw bar showcasing the best of the sea and a selection of over 100 premium beers. The open-expo kitchen features an assortment of prime roasted meats, as well as some of your traditional PUB favs with a modern twist. A multitude of large screen televisions, make Todd English P.U.B. the ideal spot for big game viewing, while patio dining allows patrons to enjoy the beauty of this exciting entertainment district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Todd English P.U.B Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (10)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- PatronMixmasterDined on 9/5/2014Excellent overall! Highly recommended for date nights or gatherings with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Lunchfoodlover64Dined on 8/28/2014I was taken to Todd English Pub for my birthday and I couldn't have been more pleased with the atmosphere, the great service and the exceptional food. I enjoyed the New England Style Lobster Rolls, and had probably the best Sour Apple Martini that I have ever had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014The food was great. The service was outstanding. Loved the different types of beer.Special Features:
- Date nightMozartDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place for a group of friends getting together to enjoy a night out, but not a romantic place for a date or to relax and unwind. It's very loud and sometimes you have to scream to talk to your date or be heard. Food and service excellent. Would go back again but not on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loud to have a conversationczechpleaseDined on 8/6/2014While the food was good, it was overwhelmingly loud because of the live music. We spoke to our server and ultimately a manager, who admitted that this is a real problem on certain nights. The musicians refused to turn down their sound system to a reasonable level. I would return only if I were dining outside or there were no live music.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The place had live music and was a little loud for talking to others but overall it was a great experience. Be prepared to drop some money- it isn't cheapSpecial Features:
- Group dinnerRjonDined on 7/29/2014I made reservations for 4. We had 3 other colleagues join us for dinner before the reservation. The restaurant was great at accomodating our party at two tables next to each other. We really did appreciate it. The food was good. The food for the two tables came out about 15 min apart. One table was done eating while the other was still to be served. It was a busy night. It was not so much of a bother either. The weather was great and we were not in a hurry. Everyone enjoyed the variety of food and the quality. The selection of drinks and beers was great. We all enjoyed our time together.Special Features:
- Great foodEpicurusDined on 7/20/2014This was our first time at Todd's, and we were pleasantly surprised. The pretzel rolls were delicious, the main courses were tasty, and the service was excellent. If I had to find fault, it was that the pastry crust on my chicken pot pie was a little dry. But that's really about it. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Food was good. Service was excellent! Will come back again.Special Features:
- DisappointingBamaFan37Dined on 7/6/2014My wife and I had an early dinner here for our wedding anniversary. We both were very disappointed in our experience at this restaurant. It's sad because Birmingham is taking great steps in creating Uptown district. Todd English PUB is not an asset.Special Features:
- Great experiencebrownhornetDined on 6/27/2014Came for first time with wife, had a lovely Tuna burger and my wife had fish and chips. We both enjoyed the food, service was very good. A bit loud but to be expected at this establishment. Would come back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very loud...likeeatinoutDined on 6/21/2014Had a great time at Todd English PUB!!! The food was AWESOME!! The service could have been better - our waitress was taking care of several tables and we kind of was forgotten...when we stopped her and asked her for something she was quick, but didn't check on us often enough. It was VERY loud!! The music was LOUD which caused people to have to talk loud to be heard. I asked for a muscato wine and there were none, my husband and friend asked for a Coors Light and they were out, asked for a Miller Light and they were out. Really need to have things that are on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were subparOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014I was extremely disappointed last night at dinner. For a table of two, and the restaurant having open tables, our dinner took over 2 and half hours to complete. The majority of the night was spent waiting on the drinks, food and server. My partner, had ordered his martini and after a half hour he had to re order it. I had the brisket. It was awful. I was expecting the tender melt in your mouth experience we all know and love. Their attempt was to make it a bacon. It was overly salted and I felt like I was eating cold congealed fat. The absolute best part of the restaurant was our hostess. She was funny and friendly. Hopefully she can move on to a restaurant that will mimic her skills.
- Not impressedBHMdinerDined on 6/15/2014The beer menu looked good, but the wait staff was not knowledgeable about the offerings. The food was nothing special. The restaurant was noisy even though it was not crowded. We had an extra charge on our bill that had to be removed. There are many better options in Birmingham.
- Reservations are no guarantee.LeslieDined on 6/15/2014After requesting a table specifically with a good view of the big tv for the World Cup on Fathers Day in our reservation, we were bumped from the seats we requested because a larger party reserved the pllace. YOur reservation is only good as long as a larger party doesnt want it. We were very frustrated as we were seated in a corner where half of us had ot turn our chairs to even see the tv. We went there because the al.com article talked about how supportive mgt was with World Cup fans. We should have gone to Buffalo Wild Wings and taken our chances at a table. The waiter was nice and friendly and handled our table of five plus the party of eleven impressively. But we wont be watching the rest of the Cup at Todd English.
- Poor experiencetreyDined on 6/14/2014Waiter was not helpful. Told us to stay away from Prime Beef. Recommended fish and chips. Only 1 piece of fish and it was over cooked.Special Features:
- DisappointingJenniferjloDined on 6/13/2014After having lunch here with a co-worker, I decided to bring my husband out in a Friday night so he could see the unique atmosphere and we could support the revitalization of downtown Birmingham. I knew it was pricey, so that was not a surprise. However, the extremely poor service, long wait for drinks and food, greasy appetizer, and music that was too loud to enjoy the sports made this our last visit. Absolutely unacceptable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Todd English pub is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to eat when in Birmingham. Give it a try and find out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunch for my partnerTerryHallDined on 6/1/2014We arrived at the restaurant and was greeted very warmly by the hostess. I thought this would be great. Our server was adequate but seemed to lack any enthusiasm at all. All of our food came at one time as well as our $12 drinks. It's a shame that I must say this but I wouldn't recommend this establishment for anything other than a bite to eat because you were staying in the hotel. We love the uptown area to eat but not paying this price $$$$ for hotel food
- Skip the foodTimOnTheTownVIPDined on 5/28/2014What a let down going here! I was thinking i might enjoy another fine meal in Birmingham and instead got iffy service and bland food. I think Mr. English has lost his touch, because there was nothing to make one return to this place. The bartenders are too busy talking to friends to get you drinks, the service staff confuses the orders and then you get food with no flavor. Maybe stop here for a drink, BUT SKIP THE FOOD!Special Features:
- Very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/27/2014They take for ever - for everything from refilling drinks to taking orders - and often get things wrong.
- RojoVIPDined on 5/24/2014This was an excellent find in a new area. The food was deleicious, especially the chicken and waffles. Superb dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Todd English P.U.B Birmingham reviews archive.
- Great PlaceRetiredMilitary06Dined on 5/16/2014This was my second visit to Todd English and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Of course the food was very delicious.Special Features:
- Not all that impresseddia2Dined on 4/26/2014I had the chicken parmesan sliders and my husband that the fish and chips. Neither of us was impressed with our meal. The sliders were fairly flavorless and very greasy.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014Food and drinks were good but service was very unattentive. Fortunately, we were with friends and not in a hurry but it was strange how the waitress would walk by and look but not ask us if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!DerrickCDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I decided to try Todd English Pub this past Friday. It is located in the heart of Uptown. Great place to get a meal, drinks, and to socialize. Differently recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, slow, slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014We stopped prior to an event downtown. The menu is interesting, and has a wide variety of items. Large beer selection. Service was extremely slow. The food cam e in stages, but three of four items were cool, not cold, but not warm. Very loud, as the decor is concrete floors and a metal ceiling. A bar type atmosphere.
- Food LateLateFoodDined on 4/18/2014Even though our server was very good, the arrival of one person's food was very late. The explanation was that there was a shift change and there was not adequate communication at shift change. Once the food arrived it was over cooked ! The bread was actually burnt ! I waited to eat my food until all food had arrived and due to the fact the food was late my food got cold. In addition, I found the food was over priced for what you get.
- Todd English P.U.B., Excellent!LouisDined on 4/10/2014I hosted a business lunch at Todd English, P.U.B. and was delighted to find such an exceptional restaurant in the newly developed area around the new, downtown entertainment district. Its sister restaurant is located in Las Vegas and its menu did not disappoint. With a raw bar, a wide variety of excellent food choices and several special offerings, Todd English, P.U.B. is a great place to entertain guests, and enjoy the ambiance of a world-class restaurant with a staff of well-trained professionals. I will be back whenever my travels bring me back to Birmingham!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Town GuestsOutofTownGuestsDined on 4/4/2014We had family members visiting from out of town and they are always looking to try teh newest, local places! They were very pleased with the beer selection, but were somewhat disappointed that some of the local beers were out. Food was amazing, and very uniquely presented! They stated they would definitely like to come back. Only negative is that the noise is a little bit loud and hard to hear each other talk somewhat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale pub!WENDYVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was awesome. Service was slow! Great beer and food selections! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous beer list with goodBeerguyDined on 3/28/2014Fabulous beer list with good prices! The creative tweaks to basic menu items take the so called pub food to a new, delicious level. Definitely one of the most fun restaurants I've been to located in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gastro-PubDukeParentDined on 3/24/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. They have a great menu of interesting "southern" foods and lots of beer on tap. The only negative was that they try to sit six at tables that really should be for 4 people. Luckly we only had 4 and we removed 2 of the chairs from the table. However, if there would have been 6 - the meal would have been extremely uncomfortable. The table next to us had some more average sized diners (for the south) and they could not fit at the table and had to be move to a place where two tables could be put together for the 6 of them. If this problem isn't fixed, I suspect it will keep a lot of people from coming back - regardless of how great the food and service are.
- Friday night recapauchris8Dined on 3/21/2014Great food, great service, great bar selections. My only complaint was that it was very hard to carry on a conversation as it was so loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotKrisDined on 3/21/2014We went here for Match Day with a party of 9. They were able to accommodate a big group and service was great. Some dishes were amazing (chicken pot pie, burger, fish and chips). The bloody Mary's we're fabulous! Others were just ok - the carving sandwiches were very tasty but pretty plain without much for sides. Overall it was a good experience and can't wait to go back and dig into the awesome beer list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but noisybhmlrwDined on 3/20/2014We enjoyed our food (lobster rolls, fish & chips, and Bailey's milkshake), but it was so loud it was difficult to have a conversation. Everyone in the place was shouting in order to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good. Food wasJohnDined on 3/18/2014Service was good. Food was just ok but beer selection was fantastic. Bar was full for happy hours but then only a few stayed for dinner. I think I know why. Lastly, not a place for a business conversationSpecial Features:
- Not expecting muchHard2ImpressDined on 3/16/2014But even so, was a little dissappointed. For a long time, this spot at the base of the Westin was the only game in the new Uptown district. However, with new restaurants opening up there, TE needs to step up its menu. A great beer assortment, yes, but beyond sliders, the menu is lacking. If you're looking for just burger fare as you watch big screen sports, then this might be good for you. Beyond that, I'd pass...let's not even get into my dirty wine glass that I had to send back twice...
- 2 strikesnumnumnumDined on 3/16/2014there's really no excuse for food and service this exceptionally bad.
- We had a great time there!ConcertgoerDined on 3/15/2014We had a great time there! We were seated right away even though it was crowded and there was a two hour wait! Definetly make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.