Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
One West 59th Street
The Plaza Hotel, Concourse Level
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Phone: (212) 986-9260
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday through Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Stephen Crocker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Special Events: For Private events of over 20 people or more please contact
Ali Kayhan, The Director of Sales and Events. We can accommodate events up to 1000 people and also offer off premise catering.
Office number: 212.546.5464
A word from Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
The Plaza launched a European-inspired specialty Food Hall created in collaboration with acclaimed chef and restaurateur Todd English. The Todd English Food Hall offers a diverse range of quality specialty foods and prepared dishes for take away or to enjoy in one of eight seating areas, including: Wine Bar, Cheese & Charcuterie Station, Sushi Bar, Burger Bar & Rotisserie, Asian Noodle and Dumpling Bar, Pasta Bar, Brick Oven Pizza, and a Fish and Seafood Grill. Private Dining is available for receptions for up to 300 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (30)good for groups (27)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)romantic (1)Show More
- Good time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Visited the restaurant for a special occasion. The food was good, service excellent and a good time was had by all. ....fun atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But OverpricedPORTVIPDined on 11/10/2014Food good, service outstanding.Ambience 'public'. Noise level 'difficult'. Prices outrageous, with appetizers priced at entrée level ($20 and up). Communal tables okay but noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014This place used to have fantastic food. Unfortunately, after they revamped their menu…I have noticed that even some of their standard fare has gone downhill significantly. The pizzas were at one time amazing and now just okay….they reduced the variety of sliders and what they offer is nowhere near as appetizing as what they used to have. Very very , disappointed…..Special Features:
- Wonderful!unhappyDined on 11/6/2014Group of five women loved the food, atmosphere, wine list, service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Spacious, Quality food and VarietyUptownPerkDined on 10/26/2014I needed a place to meet business colleagues and chose Todd English TPFH because it was close to their hotel. The openness of the room and variety of food, along with the quality exceeded my expectations. The service from George was professional and attentive. We were able to have a conversation without shouting, despite the largeness of the space and what seemed a full restaurant. The communal servings encourage sampling and sharing. What was yummy?! Peking Duck Buns and Asian Salad. Can't wait to go back to try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice bustle....OpenTableBDFVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you are looking for a lot of open kitchen and different tastes with multiple selections then go here. We are lunch and tried two different salads, some sweet potato fries with aioli and the dumplings (shared of course) and were pleased with the food. Service was a bit slow but it was the peak lunch hour and we had a lot to look at with the open kitchens and lots of people-watching opportunities.
- Something awesome for everyoneVickiVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is one of our family's favorite eating spots in NYC. We usually go for lunch but went for dinner and it was just as awesome. There is something for everyone! Our 11 year old loves it! This time we had the sushi (some of the best we ever had), pasta (perfect) and my favorite the Parmesan french fries! We have had other items in the past and as always it was great! The service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Cool AtmosphereVandEVIPDined on 9/21/2014The menu is very interesting as it has 6 different types of food with a mini-menu for each, all printed onto one menu. It's good if you have a group of people who cant decide on what kind of food they want to eat. Someone can have Japanese, someone can have seafood, someone else can have Italian, etc. Everything we ate was good but nothing was really outstanding food wise. The atmosphere and service were better than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not intimidatingSongbirdDined on 9/14/2014It has an upscale menu without the feeling of intimidation...Special Features:
- Disaster EveningAvonHostVIPDined on 9/10/2014We arrived at the restaurant to be advised that they were not going to honor our reservation, but they would let us have a table when next available. Thank you for letting us cut the line. That is not what a reservation is for. Once seated we waited a long time for a waitress to appear. She took our drink orders and then disappeared. 15 minutes later, no drinks yet, another person arrived to take our dinner order. We advised her that we had not yet received our cocktails. She said they were made (she did not advise us why , if they were ready, they were not delivered to us). Finally dinner arrived. The food was up to the restaurants usual standards, but the service was so poor it took the edge off of the evening. Disappointing
- living from the pastitaliascottsdaleVIPDined on 9/1/2014This place was once great, now just average. And time they change the menu. Not going backSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Always our first stop in NY....Try the burger and tuna two ways!Special Features:
- Great variety on menuMississippiFanDined on 8/28/2014The plethora of choices caused us to order too much food....not the fault of the restaurant ! Best items were the fried oysters and the hamburger sliders. Lobster hush puppies were disappointing.Special Features:
- one of my fave spots!!!obsessedwithfoodDined on 8/28/2014the food never disappoints......always delicious! Lots of hustle and bustle but the energy is great!! So much to see and explore when you are there!! Go !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible experienceGordonVIPDined on 8/22/2014The four of us had a variety of different foods from the disparate stations. All of it, with one exception, was virtually inedible. Give it a miss.
- Major deterioration in QualitySAY24VIPDined on 8/19/2014This used to be a destination restaurant, with interesting, freshly prepared food, and we went there frequently. Last night, the menu was smaller and the food very disappointing. we ordered the sushi and Pizza we used to order with items no longer on the menu, and both were mediocre at best. The pizza was made with cheap commercial tomato sauce rather than the fresh sauce I remember, and tasted like fast food pizza. My companion complained that his sushi rolls were very disappointing as well. When I asked what happened, I was told the Plaza bought the restaurant from the original owner and is now managing it. Clearly other diners feel the same way as the place was unusually empty. Terribly disappointing - we will not go there again.
- Awesome Food!jml05003VIPDined on 8/14/2014We went to walk around and try Todd English at the Plaza during restaurant week and it was awesome. The food was so delicious - we had the lobster hush puppies, popcorn shrimp cobb taco, eggplant flatbread and the goat cheese stuffed ravioli. I can't wait to go back and try more dishes.Special Features:
- Great last minute findAlexDined on 8/13/2014Was fighting the crowds at the Apple store while my daughter was buying a phone and having it setup when we decided at the last minute to go for dinner and searched on Tripadvisor. The Food Plaza did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Judy555VIPDined on 8/9/2014Plenty of varieties to choose. We had cuisine from the seafood section, halibut and salmon... quite nicely done. Enjoyable causal atmosphere with fine food. Dessert a little lacking, better choices from the concession outside the dining food hall.Special Features:
- Always a fun experience...DcerngDinrVIPDined on 8/5/2014The maitre de could not have been more accomodating honoring my seating request of table for two and he told me menus had just been changed and I might not find my favorites. Sadly my salmon burger was one of the casualties. I opted for the veggie burger...It was very bland and disappointing. Instead of a yummy multigrain roll--the portobello mushrooms sandwiched in the red pepper and squash. If you are on a diet this is the perfect option. My prawn cocktail was delcious and my husband raved about the duck and sushi. Our walnut apple pie was decadently delicious. There is a wide variety to choose from. I would just not highly recommend the veggie burger which needs some imaginative retooling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Todd English disappointshefroDined on 8/2/2014This is a tourist trap not worthy of Manhattan-overly expensive,poor service and the food is passable at best. I would not recommend this place to anyone
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Service was slow but cordial very noisy but kind of adds to the ambiance but you need to be prepared for that noise. The food Asian Salad was not special just average the steamed duck buns were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 256 reviews are from the Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall reviews archive.
- Never again.when2dineDined on 7/25/2014With a restaurant associated with Todd English I was fully expecting an excellent, what my party and I got was far from that. To start the restaurant must have issues with their central air. The ambience was killed by how hot and humid the restaurant was. Service was awful... Everyone in a party of four received their meals (appetizers included) at different times. When they messed the dessert order up though, they were kind enough to bring a new dessert, which after how awful everything else went, it was quite shocking. The food.... probably one of the worst meals I have ever had. The pasta "sauce" was more like pasta soup. To add to how awful it was it had zero flavor. Chicken was dry and pizza soggy.
- Quick and Fun VarietyParisPoodleVIPDined on 7/22/2014The place is fine--great for a quick simple lunch. I wish the people manning the registers (or monitors or whatever they're intently punching all the time and never look up from) at the front would lose their attitude. Each time I've been there, they act so haughty--as if. Really? Too busy and important to smile at your customers? Also, the last time I was there, I was told the restaurant wasn't open and to stand waiting--even though I had arrived 2 minutes late for my reservation. That's okay--I'm patient--but not a single pleasant "sorry"? Why so curt lady? Are these people mean because nobody ever tips them?Special Features:
- A sinking shipDefuniakVIPDined on 7/21/2014TE expanded so rapidly or the initial staff he hired is no longer there because the food and the service have suffered horribly. Servers are slow, forgetful, not knowledgeable about the menu. The food used to be amazing but now it's quite bad; expensive, awful tourist-fare. The ingredients are no longer fresh and top of the line and it shows - however, the prices remain the same. I've given this place so many chances and it keeps getting worse so shame on me. Never again. Please note that this is for the restaurant portion of the Food Hall - I am not commenting on the individual food kiosks.
- Wonderful way to start a NYC tripGLA2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience for lunch. Delicious food with great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014I chose this restaurant is that I had a very large Fairmont gift card. This restaurant is located at the Plaza Hotel, a Fairmont operated hotel. I called the restaurant weeks in advance to ensure that i could use the gift card and was told that it was no problem. Upon receiving the check, i was told i could not use the card. I asked for a manager and then was told he was to busy to meet with me as it was Saturday night. I was furious. Notwithstanding, the ambiance was neat. The food was also good. The problem here is the organization. Since the server is obtaining food from different food stations, it is extremely chaotic and unorganized. Our food was misdelivered to the table next to us on 3 occasions. Overall - UNHAPPY!
- Very averageLouisianagirl47Dined on 6/25/2014A friend recommended this to us. We had a great morning in Central Park and came here for lunch. We were a bit disappointed. Food was very average. We had to ask waitress for refills on drinks. Expected more from a restaurant in Plaza Hotel.Special Features:
- DisappointedGabyDined on 6/20/2014I have visited The Todd Engkish 5 times and the last two times the quality of the food and service have been disappointed. I asked for tacos and they were insipid, the fish was acceptable but not for the price. The service was slow, and the waiter didn't listen to me at all. I won't come back anymore.Special Features:
- TremendousRobbyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Was bustling for lunch. Been here for dinner and also very, very good. A+Special Features:
- YummersVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've been here before with my two- year old and have always had a wonderful time, unfortunately this wasn't one- two adults and a toddler were seated at a cocktail table for dinner. At any one time we could have only one platter in front of us and that made eating cumbersome, we ultimately resorted to combining the ordered items into one plate so as not to wait for the servers to come around a second time. Either the place was overbooked (which is odd since one side of the dining space was shut) and/or under-staffed but we were left feeling like we were waiting foreverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquePhilCVIPDined on 6/6/2014Takes the food court concept at you local mall to a new level. Clever idea with outstanding food. I was able to get sushi and my wife had tacos at the same restaurant.Special Features:
- No cheese for you!QBEBDined on 6/5/2014While I love TE because there is something for every appetite and palate on the menu...I have been increasingly disappointed that certain stations, particularly the cheese and charcuterie are not always available. On a busy Thursday night when it appeared that they were using every section of the dining room, the cheese station was not available. You would think that would be the easiest station to staff. We shared a few things including the filet salad, and all were yummy, but I was still disappointed because I went planning on getting the cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 5/31/2014My only recommendation is to that I will ask for a table with regular size chairs - other chairs are to high....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Loved it...food was great! Service wa wonderful...lady m dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent spot near Central ParkRaymondDined on 5/23/2014Good food, good service and very relaxed. Its high quality, subterranean atmosphere gives it an escape-like feel. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!mamesbabesVIPDined on 5/16/2014What a wonderful experience from A to Z. The wonderful maitre d', the amazing food and the great service. Cannot wait to go again!Special Features:
- Noisy, uncomfortable and slow!SFfoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Made a mistake coming here. Seating was on barstools; noise level ferocious. Service appallingly slow. Food was just so-so, and not worth the misery we had to endure to eat it. So much for eating at the Plaza! Ugh.
- A Secret at the Plaza !gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 5/2/2014Love this place. So many choices, so many decisions. The duck appetizers were to die for ! And, don't forget the Filet Mignon Sliders ! Fun ! Fun ! Fun !Special Features:
- Poochie1Dined on 5/2/2014My Sister was here on vacation I thought it would be very exciting to take her there. I was very disappointed with the food and service. Very expensive for what we ordered definitely would not return.Special Features: