TOCA - Ritz Carlton Toronto
181 Wellington Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3G7Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
Contemporary ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
TOCA - Ritz Carlton Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tocarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (416) 572-8008
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - 6:30am-11am daily
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch - 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: TOCA has three Private Dining options.
TOCA's private dining room is located at the back of our main dining area partitioned off by a glass wall. The centerpiece of this space is a fixed custom solid wood table which can accommodate 12 guests comfortably. In the private dining room we serve the TOCA a la carte menu.
Our Chef’s Table, located directly inside the kitchen, is a wonderful experience for both foodies and those looking for something a little different from their dining experience. Our Chef will personally design a tasting menu tailored to you and your guests’ wishes and needs. The entire evening will be a memorable experience as you are personally guided through your experience by a dedicated server and Chef.
TOCA has recently created a semi-private space which will accommodate parties of up to 27 guests for a sit down dinner, and up to 60 for cocktail functions. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Kai Riecken 416-572-8071x
- Special Events: Seasonal Special Events include Lavish Holiday Brunches, Holiday Dinner events, Winemaker dinners, Cheese Tasting and Cheese Cave Tours, Michelin Star chef visits .
A word from TOCA - Ritz Carlton Toronto
TOCA is an homage to the City we call home – TOronto, CAnada and in the diverse culinary spectrum of the city, TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig from Rome. Chef Glowig’s professional story is characterized by the concept of journey, after enticing diners at the ‘Acquarello’ in Munich, ‘L’Olivo’ in Capri, Italy and currently at his 2 Michelin-star namesake restaurant in Rome, he will share his next culinary journey with guests at TOCA. As Chef Glowig’s Canadian outpost, TOCA will provide diners with a unique taste of Italian cuisine created with the best local ingredients focusing on seasonal flavours to add another dimension to Toronto’s restaurant scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TOCA - Ritz Carlton Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (34)romantic (30)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service was awful!PunamVIPDined on 11/16/2014The food and drinks were in the usual Ritz Carlton style of simply outstanding however the service was awful! We were not served when we arrived. No refills of coffee, water or champagne without a huge wait. Our plates kept piling up in the centre of our table with a slow service in picking them up. Service would have to improve greatly before I came back for brunch to this place. Too bad because the food and drink were both outstanding!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014We went to celebrate my niece's first year. And we all where treated very special, they send a table of desserts on behalf, delicious!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchErinDined on 11/2/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Fantastic selection and quality of food. Not cheap so really a "special occasion" event but worth the money.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJoemVIPDined on 10/16/2014For a ritz it was shockingly poor service. Was there for lunch and it took 25 minutes just to get a drink order. I complained to the waiter and instead of being apologetic he screwed me on the bill and upcharged me $50 on my drinks. I will never go here again no matter how good the food or atmosphere may be.
- Overlooked?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great food, service, and environment. Maybe overlooked b/c it is in a hotel- Ritz Toronto.Special Features:
- Food was tastelessFoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014This was some of the most bland food I have ever eaten The risotto tasted like soupy rice with green grass drizzled on top. I don't know how they are able to serve such food and say they have a chef from a Michelin star restaurant there .... It was a joke
- Anniversary CelebrationLuvthisplaceDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful experience! Unlimited mimosas were awesome. Food was delicious with great variety...desserts were to die for! We will be back again. Thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousHoneyBeeDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were amazing. Try the fillet, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but Has ChangedragelicVIPDined on 9/13/2014Menu had changed - seems prices have almost doubled, making it for $20-30 apps and $40-50 mains. Not sure if that was only because of TIFF going on at the time we were there, but was a bit surprising to see. Food was expertly prepared and service was solid, but portions extremely small. Still being hungry after a $400+ dinner isn't ideal.Special Features:
- great atmospherefoodie4lifeDined on 9/13/2014Went here for a special friends Bday and we had a nice intimate time. The waiter was very nice and wasn't imposing. Made some great menu recommendations. We did a 4 course menu and the food timing was well spaced. Only bummer was the Lamb was a bit on the cold side otherwise we had a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014Fantastic food - very filling. Complimentary oysters and desserts was a nice touch. Moderate to expensive entrees, but overall, not as large a bill as was expected.Special Features:
- Beautiful ambienceVeggiedinerDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service is outstanding. The cheese and wine lists are extensive, the food looked good but the salad I had was not very good.... quite small and drowned in oil and salt. I left quite hungry. My guest, however seemed to really enjoy his sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable AnniversaryAdventures4twoDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had an intimate celebration for our anniversary. The staff was generous, kind, efficient, and treated us as though we were the only ones in the restaurant! The food was simply perfection. An absolute repeat (no special occasion required).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTiffanyDined on 8/22/2014I had my 30th birthday dinner at TOCA and my friends and I really enjoyed the food and service, great job.Special Features:
- Top notchJoyvivreDined on 8/22/2014A restaurant fitting for a chef trained in a two Michelin star restaurant . Gluten free pasta and bread available that were delicious. Tuna tartare, beef cheeks, shrimp scampi all flawlessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Poor ServiceCakeDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food - quality and variety - but poor service. I flagged down our waiter almost 10 minutes after we were seated. He took drink orders, brought our drinks and gave a brief explanation of the food stations, and never came near us again. I used another waiter when we wanted clean cutlery and the check. The beef wellington station was unmanned most of the time (we were sitting across from it). Eventually when 4 or 5 people were lined up waiting one of the chefs would come to slice and serve and disappear again. The chocolate desserts needed replenishing. I mentioned this to one of the staff who was replacing the hot food but in the remaining 15 minutes I was there nothing was done. I expect better from Ritz-Carlton andSpecial Features:
- On PointMsKienVIPDined on 8/11/2014As always, TOCA was on point with service, food and quality. I love taking my mother here for lunch when she is downtown since it offers a great variety, ambiance and vibe with the delicious flavours of its fine dishes. Staff were courteous and took initiative to offer us things without asking. Consistency is key for a place like this and they always exceed expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014The service was exceptional, which made our first experience fantastic. I love the set up of the restaurant. The food and wine were top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visiting !JoziDined on 7/27/2014Great services, food was outstanding! Athmospher, definitly a place for a speciall occasion too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 414 reviews are from the TOCA - Ritz Carlton Toronto reviews archive.
- A Wonderful Addition to the CityelPedroDined on 7/10/2014TOCA at the Toronto Ritz Carlton provides an environment reserved for those that value the quality of family, friends, and business partners. From the moment you enter the lobby you are carried to an era of style and grace, where historic and modern Toronto meet. Thank you to all the members of TOCA. Your care, dedication, and attention to detail is highly appreciated.Special Features:
- DisappointingJitsVIPDined on 7/7/2014Can you believe a restaurant in city like Toronto without vegetarian option? Means, not a single one!! And then, we were suggested to go with the starters... The food was ok. I ordered fish which came with yoghurt based sauce. Not great. The only good thing is ambience but otherwise, wonder why this is listed in Opentable.
- T to Ritz-Carleton traditionComputersizmeDined on 6/27/2014From the time you arrive, to time you leave, everything will be top notch. Merci, thank you for wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Not worth itAlTOVIPDined on 6/22/2014Spent $300+ for 4 before wine. Service was friendly but extremely slow. Not impressed by the food at all where we ordered tasting menus and a la carte items. Decor was meh. You are better off spending this kind of money elesewhere.
- Enjoyable MealfondoffoodDined on 6/22/2014Enjoyed the Sunday brunch and overall felt that it was reasonably good value given the inclusion of mimosa/bellini/caesars. However, there should definitely be an alternate price point for non-drinkers as it definitely lacks value for those.Special Features:
- Brunch at Toca Ritz Cartonbobby1963Dined on 6/22/2014The brunch was excellent. Food was beautifully presented and great quality. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Overall great experience and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Good - entrees quite good ; (appetizers (slow cooked shrimp, lemon risotto) bland). Bad - waiter and somelier pleasant but little useful knowedge ('the cod is good"); room lacks atmosphere ; combined with average food ,suggest try elsewhere unless desperate to eat in a hotel
- Perfect for the occasionlifeforfoodDined on 6/19/2014Great food, excellent service, perfect ambience and fantastic view! Couldn't be better! I have been a food critic before for a well known chain restaurant and I know how to critique. This is a perfect 10.Special Features:
- ExcellentPVS86Dined on 6/8/2014One of the only restaraunts in the neighborhood that genuinley celebrates food and the dining experience. I've been several time, and always look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Over-stretched waiter a let downkcuebeleinVIPDined on 6/8/2014Toca has exceptional, creative Italian food. I had been there before on business, and wanted to share it with my family. Tonight, our charming waiter - F - was far too busy to give us the attention that is expected from a restaurant of this caliber. He frequently apologized, but still seemed more engaged with the big private party in one of the nearby rooms. One free glass of wine was appreciated, but didn't compensate for a slow night with gaps in attention. NOTE: the cheese expert lady was outstanding; you must let her show you the Toca cheese room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodie3333Dined on 6/8/2014There is a good variety of food to choose from at brunch. The quality of food is good too. We particularly liked the assortment of fresh seafood.Special Features:
- An amazing nightBettyCooperVIPDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary at TOCA and I'm so glad we did. It was truly the most special night in every way. The service was excellent and the food was spectacular. We requested a romantic table and we loved the spot they chose for us. Everything exceeded our expectations (which were already very high from our last visit). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- SuperbTheLambo1972Dined on 6/1/2014Our waiter Felix was super nice. And I really polite. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night of dining.UnimpressedDined on 5/24/2014Our waitstaff was the best. She was very helpful with the menu and recommendations when asked. Everything was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Spacious Chic SpotGolfstrDined on 5/20/2014Enjoyed a pre-Roy Thompson Hall performance by David Curry and the TSO with GOLFSTR investors. Plenty of room to swing a golf club in there. Definitely not sitting on top of each other. A little on the pricey side. Our server was one of the artists who crafted the display plates decorating each table. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Great adventureTichsaDined on 5/19/2014Great service and spectacular food with a twist. The Maitre'd gave great advice and knew his stuff.Special Features:
- joachiiDined on 5/18/2014Brunch - service and atmosphere was great. Food quality was poor overall especially considering it is the Ritz-Carlton and the price tag is $75 per person. There is plenty of food but it is exactly what you would get at other lesser quality establishments albeit presented in a better room and in better serving dishes. Lots of pre-frozen items - rubbery lobster tails, the smoked trout was almost inedible and overdressed salads. Dessert quality was much better than any of the savoury options it must be noted. Unlimited Mimosas, friendly, engaged staff elevated the otherwise bland food experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinnerHungryDinerDined on 5/8/2014My partner was attending a gala in the Ritz Carlton so I decided to treat myself. And what a treat it was! The food was superb and the service was perfect. The chef provided an amuse-bouche before the meal and a little complimentary dessert at the end of the meal. It was all delicious. Yes, you will pay more for your meal here, but part of that is for the excellence of the meal and part of it is, well, it is the Ritz Carlton. ;-) The chef even came out to chat for a few minutes. Unfortunately, I have forgotten his name but he was very charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBBBDined on 4/30/2014food and ambience were fine but menu is very limited and prices highSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014Your food level seems to be falling off. The constant change in staff suggests there is something off. Not sure what is going on but something is off with your SUNDAY BRUNCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceLizmacDined on 4/27/2014We had a wonderful Sunday brunch, & will certainly go back.Special Features: