Toast - Summerville
717 Old Trolley Road
Summerville, SC 29485Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Toast - Summerville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.toastofsummerville.com/
- Phone: 8438220011
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Toast - Summerville
The famous Toast of Charleston restaurant is expanding to the Summerville area. Toast of Summerville will be offering the same great food and service that Toast of Charleston has become famous for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Toast - Summerville - Best Restaurants in Summerville ›
Toast - Summerville reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointedNotgood12Dined on 8/16/2014Could not get reservations for Toast in Charleston so we decided to go to Summerville location. Mistake! She crab soup - cool. Mussels - lukewarm & when I asked for bread, she told me they only had cornbread for dinner. I pointed out my son had garlic toast on his dish, I asked her if I could get some and she said, sure. She brought me about 3 pieces that were stale. Both my husband and son's dishes were about equal. We all were very very disappointed and I said I was just going to call management.
- Great find!TabbyRDined on 8/15/2014We have been to toast several times for brunch, which is by far the best in Summerville, and decided to try them out for dinner. The young male host and our waitress were phenomenal and the sweet tea fried chicken was heaven in my mouth. I love this place because everything always tastes incredibly fresh. Definitely a great place for dinner and the best for brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We went there because we had been told about an excellent singer on Friday and Saturday nights. He is no longer there and there was no fun evening enjoying music. We ate anyway and the food was just mediocre. The seafood pasta was noodles in broth, the seafood platter was better at Captain D's. We were hoping for something great to be able to go to in our neighborhood.
- Fantastic restaurant!startmeupDined on 7/17/2014I enjoy going to Toast because of the wonderful service and great menu. It's nice to eat at a restaurant that dosn't play loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicePreacherDined on 6/19/2014I have been 3 times One for brunch ordered a sandwich, very little items on sandwich missing some of items Next visit waited over 2 hours and never got food. Said they lost order in Kitchen. Manager gave us a 50.00 gift card. Went back very slow service Again took 2 hours for food, Will not go back Three strikes you are out. Was so hoping it would of been a good place to eat. Just a few minutes from my house
- Toast night outsubsailDined on 6/18/2014First visit to the Toast and was happy with both the service and meal. This was the third try to get something to eat there and it seems like they are much better organized now. Comparable with other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Our dinner was served in a timely fashion. I enjoyed the Crab Cakes as did my friend with her Shrimp and Grits. Our Caesar salads were outstanding. Our server was friendly and checked on us often. I would return for lunch.Special Features:
- Early evening dinersFrequentdinersDined on 6/5/2014Crab cakes were excellent. Even above 82 Queen. Fried green tomatoes fantastic (sweet relish made it). Quick and very courteous service.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 6/4/2014Service was very good. Food was ok. Batter on sea food platter needs a little flavor. Rib eye was good. Menu not very kid friendly. For the price food could be better.
- Try the Sweet Tea Glazed ChickenItalianTravellerDined on 5/27/2014A recent arrival in Summerville. The Sweet Tea Glazed Chicken was moist and the glaze a treat. Part of that was hustled away for lunch the next day. My beef over mashed potatoes found the right doneness. Portions are ample, and nicely prepared, couldn't quite negotiate dessert after the main course, will try that on a future visit. Observation of the wait staff is that they are attentive, the manager will follow up on anything that needs her attention. Prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodLovesgoodfoodDined on 5/22/2014The food and service was more than expected. A very attentive waiter kept our tea glasses full. We made reservations and found it was a good thing we did since it was packed at 5 pm on a Thursday. I understand there was a group meeting happening so that probably explains the full parking area. I would like to see an expanded dinner menu eventually since I expect to dine here often.Special Features:
- Nice addition to SummervilleLizzieBDined on 5/17/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the ease of getting a reservation. The dinner menu is small - but I understand it will grow with some specials added nightly. Our waitress was very attentive. The food was pleantyful and very well prepared. Glad to have this restaurant just down the street. It's a nice addition to the Oakbrook area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best New Gem in SummervilleBonAppetitDined on 5/9/2014Have dined at Toast in Summerville twice in the last week. Have had both lunch and dinner there, and the food was outstanding as well as the service. The menu is extensive and varied and the prices for lunch are great and for dinner, some may find the prices a bit on the high side but it's well worth the price. I hope this new restaurant stays in Summerville. It gives Summerville another fine restaurant, which is something that Summerville desperately needs. BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toast was disappointingdaVinciDined on 5/9/2014Menu (dinner) sounded good but the food was not; overpriced. Fried green tomatoes were ok but $7 for 3 pieces, remoulade was bland, relish was good. Fried Fish platter ($22) one piece of flounder, 4 shrimp and 4 oysters, most of the plate was soggy french fries, fish was very mushy (frozen?) breading was tasteless. Grilled Meatloaf ($15) was tough, dry, needed a knife to cut it (took most of it home for the dog). Mushroom gravy was like mushroom soup, also tasteless, few mushrooms; mashed potatoes grainy,dry, came out with no gravy on them, had to ask for some (not that it helped). Asparagus side was good but only 3 spears. Entrees came out so fast that it was probably microwaved. Have had better meals in Perkins. Server was good.
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014One of the best in Charleston! But please.... Don't ever sideline your regular menu for a "set buffet," like on Mother's day. I came for the food on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Toast!!startmeupDined on 5/8/2014Great food ! The menu has something for everyone even me, a vegan. Welcome to Summerville. I look forward to having a lot of meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointBonnieCDined on 5/5/2014I had been to the downtown location several times and loved it. I learned a Summerville location opened when I was looking for a place for my anniversary dinner. My husband, who had never been to the downtown location, loved it. The summerville location had only been open a week but everything was great.Special Features:
- Great new placemollieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We loved Toast!!!! We sat in the bar and enjoyed our conversation with Denise. She was really wonderful and helpful!!!Special Features:
- Not worth the hypeLuv2dineDined on 5/3/2014We went for breakfast on a Saturday morning (with a reservation). They weren't busy, around 1/2 the tables were occupied. We sat at our table for 15 minutes without a word from a waiter, though several passed by. While waiting, we noticed one table of four get all the wrong food and another table called the manager over and wasn't happy. Needless to say, we left. We told the hostess that we were leaving and didn't even get an apology. I say, go somewhere that wants your service and does a good job serving their customers.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Toast - Summerville reviews archive.