Toast - Carmel Valley
3 Del Fino Place
Carmel Valley, CA 93924Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Toast - Carmel Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.toastcarmelvalley.com/
- Phone: 8316598500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM.
Lunch: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Toast - Carmel Valley
Toast is a family owned bistro style cafe located in the heart of the Carmel Valley Village. We offer breakfast and lunch untill 2:30 and dinner from 5pm till 9pm. Closed on Wednesday and for Sunday dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toast - Carmel Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great choice for brunch.mom4dogsDined on 10/6/2013We met there with new neighbors for a chance to get to know them. The staff did not rush us and we had time to talk and laugh. The eggs benedict was, as usual for Toast, excellent. The potato sides were fresh , and the scrambled eggs with sausage were a hit with the guys. Good house white Chardonnay. Only glitch was that we had to ask the waitress for the description of the daily specials. She had her pad out waiting to take our order before we asked her about them. Glad we did, because the crabmeat eggs benedict was outstanding.Special Features:
- We have watched Toast evolveIrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013We have watched Toast evolve over the years since it opened its doors. This current version exceeds the previous ones in original taste and presentation, freshness and overall good food. We will recommend to our neighbors in Carmel Valley and to visitors as well. A must and a real draw for the Village...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for localsjoefDined on 9/7/2013extremely casual--lots of jeans, shorts and baseball caps at dinner. Very good food and friendly service. Butcher block top tables made us think about hygiene.Special Features:
- Great service! Great food!LisaBNDined on 7/19/2013I love Toast! Our server was excellent - friendly and personable. The steak was delicious. My children and I enjoyed the view. Only good things to say about our experience.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemEnjoyableVIPDined on 6/23/2013Nice and easy. Service was easy and attentive. the crab and avocado benedict was enjoyable. Lots of locals and tourists. Tucked away in the Carmel Valley Village, easy to drop in for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmel Valley GemcvtutuDined on 6/18/2013Great view, even better food, comfortable atmosphere, fantastic wine choices, glass or bottle. Focus on local fresh produce and organic. The chef is very inventive. I just loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in the sunshine of CVOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/16/2013We enjoy going out to the Carmel Valley Village and eating at Toast because they have a lovely outdoor patio in the sunshine. The food is usually good and there are some nice touches with the breakfast/brunch menu like homemade biscuits with little jam ramekins & condiments brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mother's Day BrunchCricketchorusDined on 5/12/2013My special occasion-Mother's Day- was spent at Toast. It was busy but the service was fine. Great food! The crab cake eggs benedict-YUM! The Hollandaise was tangy and not too rich. Loved it! Their Cappuccino is delish!Special Features:
- TastySenebDined on 5/12/2013Toast is a favorite of ours, and the food is always fantastic. The friendly staff are accommodating and helpful with menu suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of this place. I will definitely return to try a few more dishes that looked amazing on the menu!Special Features:
- Very nice cozy dinner. Greatonna1VIPDined on 4/4/2013Very nice cozy dinner. Great for conversation, simple delicious food.Special Features:
- Great spot we look forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Great spot we look forward to each time we are in town.Special Features:
- Best for Breakfast and LunchAuggiesmanVIPDined on 3/29/2013This is our favorite breakfast and lunch place by far in Carmel Valley, in fact in the Carmel/Monterey area. Worth the drive. But not so much for dinner we've decided. Having eaten here twice now for dinner, while good it's just not great like we think the other meals are. The service is great - friendly, helpful, and couldn't be more apologetic that they were out of the wine they'd recommended. We'll definitely be back for the other meals of the day, just think twice before dinner again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Appetizers!HungrymamaVIPDined on 3/18/2013The fried calamari with fennel and green beans is fabulous. We came back a second night just to eat it again. All of the starters and salads rate an A+. Although we liked the salmon and pasta, we would come back and eat our way through the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice breakfast place.LauraVIPDined on 3/10/2013This is a nice breakfast place. The staff are professional and sweet. We sat outside and the view of the mountains was beautiful.Special Features:
- Been there before-can be trustedIrisVIPDined on 3/1/2013Been there before-can be trusted to provide a good experience.Special Features:
- Very nice. The care and concernmamafishVIPDined on 2/22/2013Very nice. The care and concern that you have a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- best Carmel Valley finddownthecoastVIPDined on 2/14/2013Toast for Valentine's Day was a great choice. The food was excellent, the service friendly and on point. Amazing experience for both of us. We had steak and the pork chop for main dishes and the beet salad and salmon appetizers. The restaurant is cozy and has a simple, warm, country style to it that very much reflects Carmel Valley. We went back next morning to confirm our experience and enjoy the great outdoors. They just added a 7 day a week coffee shop next door and even more outdoor patio space. They allow dogs outside and have an amazing breakfast and lunch menu. Breakfast is served till 2:30pm, which is great after a hike, or if you can't make it out for breakfast before 11am. Highly recommend the eggs benedict and the Mexican OmlSpecial Features:
- What a great surprise. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013What a great surprise. Great food, nice wine list, a very good casual spot in the village. Will go back.
- On the declineNotafanDined on 2/8/2013What a disappointing meal. We loved this place, but the last 2 dinners have been skimpy, uninspired, and a decline is flavor. Service was not optimal. Not worth the drive out to Carmel Valley.
- Enjoyable EveningPattyoboeVIPDined on 1/19/2013This was our second visit, and the mussels were as fantastic the second time around as they were the first! I'll return just for those. My soup and chicken were fine, but not quite as stellar as those mussels. My husband had the salmon and I believe that he was happy with it. The wine I ordered was available, so they substituted something else. Dessert was yummy.
- Awesome lunch/brunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013Had a magnificent lunch here a couple of Fridays ago. We were meeting for a chamber of commerce meeting and it was the perfect spot. Great service and the crab louie salad was off the charts. Thank you to Shon for your hospitality.Special Features:
- High Marks for ToastNotafanDined on 12/28/2012Excellent food at a very fair price. Delicious and a good value.Special Features:
- Toast is ExcellentNotafanDined on 12/21/2012Brunch is exceptional and dinner is consistently very well executed and plated. We find dinners here delicious and the staff genuine and professional. Toast is not far from the overpriced, touristy Carmel Valley inns, yet the food is refreshingly high quality and delicious.Special Features:
- Toast was recommended to usFeedmewellVIPDined on 12/10/2012Toast was recommended to us by a chef friend. Unpretentious setting and delicious food. We were in love with the fresh salad of chioggia beets, mache, Humboldt fog cheese, and citrus vinaigrette. My entree of salmon with a carrot butter nage was lovely. We are headed back to Toast very soon.Special Features:
- Food was just okay. NothinghgoinVIPDined on 12/2/2012Food was just okay. Nothing special. Terrible salad. Sandwich was salty. Fires were good, but over cooked.
- a cute little restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2012a cute little restaurant, way out there at Carmel Valley Road. We were the only ones there for breakfast so we got all the attention. We had the breakfast burrito, was good and tasty, and the omelette was also good and tasty.Special Features:
- Need to up the ante on the entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Good prices for mediocre food. Appetizers and desserts were great, especially the earthy heirloom type beets, lightly breaded calamari, and roasted artichoke. The entrees were lackluster; halibut was overlooked and uninteresting, flatiron steak cut was substandard and unevenly cooked. Go for the apps and desserts, skip the entrees.Special Features:
- A pleasant change from Carmel-by-thbugzieVIPDined on 7/7/2012A pleasant change from Carmel-by-the-Sea -- rustic but beautiful ambiance in the Valley; much lower key and almost hippieish vibe. Simple but well-executed and fresh flavors, reasonable prices and helpful staff. Much enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:
- Loved the food! RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2012Loved the food! Recommended by a local. It is a very casual space and the food is spectacular. We shared several menu items and weren't dissapointed by any. The pork chop is amazing. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The crab Louie salad was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/25/2012The crab Louie salad was delicious and made with great quality ingredients. I will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- great food - very busy whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2012great food - very busy when we were there, so service was a bit slow but would definitely eat their yummy food again.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2012Thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Good local wine list, friendly service. The short ribs were terrific. Decor was simple yet inviting. There is an outdoor area for dining as well and is great for a warm summer evening. Would go again.Special Features:
- Great experience. CannotAdamVIPDined on 6/1/2012Great experience. Cannot believe we didn't find this place sooner; best pork chop I've ever tasted. Simple, understated ambiance with a menu that appears to comprise quality over quantity of choices; every dish we had was a 9 or 10.Special Features:
- I went to it on mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I went to it on mothers day with my mom and my daughter. The food was amazing. I only have been there for breakfast. I will return for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, but noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012Food was excellent, but noise level too high for table conversation on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Yummy find tucked in the VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2012Everything was very good. Only complaint wasThey left thesePlates on the table for quite a awhile after each course. My husband had an appetizer that was so yummy... Dates filled with goat cheese and wrapped in prociotto. They were excellent. Blueberry pie was fab. Great beer list too! Not super pricey. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2012We went for brunch. The pancakes were outstanding. The omlette was outstanding. The coffee was so so. The restaurant is very cosy and has a scenic view. The service was outstanding and staff was very friendly. Definitely worth the visit if you happen to be in Carmel.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/10/2012Always an enjoyable experience. Dates with goat cheese and prosciutto were fantastic. Service just right.Special Features:
- Totally worth the tripAuggiesmanVIPDined on 4/5/2012Great "local" place with excellent food. We always make the drive up here whenever we're in the area. Go. Enjoy.Special Features: