To Thai For
3571 Wailalae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
To Thai For
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.itstothaifor.com/
- Phone: (808) 734-3443
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday - Saturdy: 10:30AM - 9:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from To Thai For
Welcome to To Thai For! We have many delightful offerings of Thai food, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free. We hope you get to enjoy them all!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
To Thai For reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- To Thai For is To Die For!DougBDined on 11/13/2014We've been coming here for years and have never been disappointed. It just seems to be getting better and better. This visit we had: papaya salad, calamari appetizer, Buddha's Delight / pork and Home Town Curry / seafood. The Buddha's Delight was especially enjoyable. It's hard to make up your mind what with so many yummy things to order. They also feature specials on the white board so be sure to take a look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual offeringsKonaBoyDined on 10/31/2014Their crab fried rice did not disappoint. Great menu of appetizers. We tried the Devil's Wings which I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai ParadiseHawaiiKaiBobDined on 10/25/2014Great selection of thai dishes expertly prepared by "Mom" as we were told. Service was exceptional and food service/preparation were great. Recommended as an "off the beaten trail" experience in Kaimuki.Special Features:
- Our go to for ThaiDougBDined on 9/26/2014To Thai For has been our favorite place to go to for Thai. Rich and flavorful. Every time I go, I finish every bite and usually suffer from eating too much.Special Features:
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The summer rolls were huge----or at least larger than the ones I've had at other Thai restaurants...and they were goooood. The pad seyu was tasty but not as good as their pad thai noodles. My husband had their special----the crab fried rice and he was not disappointed. Wish I had enough tummy space to try their pumpkin curry, which I understand is what they are known for. Will be back.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the To Thai For reviews archive.
- To Thai ForDROhanaFoodies808Dined on 7/3/2014A gem! Food was delicious! Servings are not big however, it was delightful. Service was inpeccable & we would definitely recommend this restaurant to any of our family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMargaretDined on 3/14/2014The food was super good. The family who own the restaurant super friendly. Just a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Food was very tasty and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai FoodDougBDined on 1/24/2014We're repeat customers and have been coming to "To Thai For" for years. It has such a pleasant a peaceful dining room and the staff are just great. Natalie is a very sweet woman and takes time to chat with us every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I simply cannot get enough....Bunk009VIPDined on 1/23/2014I am never disappointed when I visit the best Thai restaurant on Oahu. My girlfriend and I usually split an appetizer, a noodle dish and a curry. Lately though, we've found ourselves fighting over the Pad See Ew so we figured why not skip the appetizer and get THREE ENTREES! We got the Pad Thai, Pad See Ew, and then an extra spicy version of the special: PUMPKIN CURRY! In a word? Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE FOODBunk009VIPDined on 11/23/2013Somehow I find myself at this restaurant VERY frequently. We say to ourselves, "Where should we go to dinner? Well, we just went to To Thai For so we should probably go somewhere else..." Then invariably it's always, "...Hmmmm well I could definitely go for To Thai For Curry and Summer Rolls....OH WELL, let's go to To Thai For!" The food is consistent, delicious and the atmosphere is very down-home. Sometimes they get busy and things take a while but it ALWAYS ends up well worth any wait we endure.Special Features:
- Great Thai food in KaimukijooniusDined on 11/16/2013Really good Panang curry and this time we also tried the Kabocha curry, which was very delicious. The Pad Thai is nice and sweet, and even kid-friendly if you order it in the non-spicy variety. The service is always friendly and attentive, which makes for a great overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so To "Thai" For!DineOutALotDined on 10/18/2013Food was mediocre but their chicken appetizer was delish! Their yellow curry was tasty but very soupy and so much cabbage! Their pad thai with shrimp was on the sweeter side so I was not very impressed. The service was very good, the servers were great. The food was on the small serving size - not for sharing or family style. I'd say a place to go for lunch but not for a Ladies Night get-together - like we did. It was a good place to have appetizers and perhaps Thai iced coffee or the Thai Soy drinks!
- Tai FoodRMEDVIPDined on 8/1/2013It was a simple neighborhood restaurant - great service and very good food. Not fancy, but a great meal in an out of the way, mostly local restaurant. Prices were very good and we really had a nice evening. The food is HOT, even by Tai standards, but they offer 5 levels (1-5). We had 1,2 & 3 and the 3 of us were satisfied. Our 4th member had level 4 and he loves hot food, but it was hot for him, but he enjoyed it (amd drank a lot of beer). Excellent choice for a simple dinner of very good ethnic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic restaurant withBunk009VIPDined on 7/18/2013A fantastic restaurant with incredibly good food and a friendly staff. It gets busy, so make sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic Thai. Nice people -HIfoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2013Basic Thai. Nice people - friendly service. Generous servings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a replacementSleasVIPDined on 2/18/2013We were looking for a replacement for our favorite Thai restaurant SPICES that recently closed. To Thai For is not it.
- Spicy - No lie!LSH76VIPDined on 12/24/2012One of my favorite places for Thai food. And I love the fact that they tell you that 'medium' is very spicy and it is. /Easy parking too...Special Features:
- OK for takeout, but not dining in!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/13/20121. Food was excellent. 2. However, we ordered two entrees and one was delivered almost 15 minutes after the first. Unsatisfactory. 3. Waiter kept calling me and my wife "guys!" We're old enough to be his parents, and I doubt that he calls his parents "guys." 4. Lighting too bright. Absolutely no ambience in this restaurant.
- Not bad, I will go backheybrahDined on 3/15/2012Tried out To Thai For -- friendly service, good Thai food. We had the pork chop special, the eggplant stir fry and the yellow curry. All dishes come with rice. Started off with spring rolls as an appetizer. Mostly good, moderate heat (you can ask for more).Special Features:
- Everything was very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2012Everything was very authentic --- flavors in the curry and fried rice were exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Our new favorite Thai food spot.LSH76VIPDined on 1/21/2012The food is very good. Their 'medium' spice level is everyone elses 'HOT' so be careful. I like it that way. Even with the 'heat' you do not lose any flavor in the well prepared dishes. Service was very friendly. Parking in Kaimuki during the dinner hours can be a challenge so give yourself some time.Special Features:
- The heat scale is more ThaiDougBDined on 1/14/2012The heat scale is more Thai style for the chili. It is not backed off for American palates. Their medium is other Thai restaurants hot. The step between mild and medium is plenty hot for me.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findnbellVIPDined on 12/30/2011had a great meal at this local neighborhood place. Good wine recommended from the owner and the food was great!Special Features:
- Our new favorite Thai food spot.LSH76VIPDined on 12/26/2011The food is so good here. You can actually taste the freshness of the ingredients, flavors standout individually so each dish is different and unique. a nice room too, not tight at all. super friendly service. And I think they have a full bar (I like BYOB but oh well! the food rocks!)Special Features:
- Real Thailive2dineVIPDined on 12/2/2011Good Thai food with authentic flavor. They make a proper panang curry and the crab fried rice is fantastic. Beware a medium on the heat factor is pretty hot. Just like Thailand.Special Features: