TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 73504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.tksvillamayfair.com/
- Phone: (305) 774-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm (Bar closes at 10:30)
Tuesday-Saturday: 3:00pm-7:00pm Happy Hour
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can offer catering services, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (305) 774-1500.
- Entertainment: 3 big screen TVs for all sports!
- Special Events: Happy Hour Tuesdays through Saturdays 3:00pm until 7:00pm. $6 retro cocktails, $3 beers, and $6 wines by the glass.
Mojito Madness Fridays: $10 mojitos and live music starts at 6:30pm till close.
Unlimited Mimosas for $14 every Saturday morning till 2pm.
A word from TK's at the Villa Mayfair
TK’s at the Villa Mayfair is a warm and welcoming, full-service neighborhood restaurant and bar offering outstanding American International cuisine to local foodies, families, and friends. Open Tuesday through Saturday for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner, TK’s eclectic décor, amazing menu, and attentive staff come together to create an eatery so inviting, it feels like home. From flip-flops to business suits, everyone feels welcome at TK’s! Located at 2901 Florida Avenue in Coconut Grove, TK’s also offers semi-private dining, buy-outs, and on or off premise catered social and corporate events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TK's at the Villa Mayfair reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)romantic (14)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I wanted to take out my stepdad for his birthday and this was a GREAT choice. We went on a Friday during the "Mojito Madness" night. The live band was great and the ambiance was on point. We will definetly be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- secret in the groveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014i have been to this restaurant five times now and have not been disappointed. great for business lunch or dinner with friends. don't know why it's not more crowded, but I like that I can always get in. decor is great! the grove appears to be on its way back! one tip: the wait staff could use better uniforms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why isn't this busier?GroveGirlVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our 2nd dinner at TK's and both times we enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. the menu has something to please anyone--from small bites to complete dinners. service is attentive yet unobtrusive. it might get noisy if the bar is full, but otherwise is a comfortable even romantic setting. we will go backSpecial Features:
- Great time at Mojito Madness!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014A group of us made our way over for Mojito Madness at TK's and it was a great time. Favorite flavors were coconut and pina colada. Beautiful decor and great service, thanks for showing us a great time!Special Features:
- Perfect!JoelleDined on 9/19/2014It was my first time at Tk's but it certainly won't be the last ! I love this place and everything about it! The decor, the food, the ambience , the service & the atmosphere! All perfect!Special Features:
- Wouldn't return unless changes madeDaChefSayDined on 9/13/2014We went for my friends Birthday for Miami Spice. This was a domino effect of unfortunate experiences. First the waitress was horrid. She took 20 minutes to bring our water, brought out our drinks one at a time, and took another 20 minutes to take our order. Every time the food was placed on the table she would immedately ask how things were prior to us tasting anything. The pear ravioli and brussel sprouts were good, but thats all. When the food came out we noticed our agparagus was raw (so raw I hit it on the table and it broke in half) and our mac-n-chez was burnt black! The veal was dry and overcooked, and the porkchop was so overcooked our fork got stuck in it while trying to cut. Wish I had more space, but overall will never go back!
- Great AtmosphereIG83Dined on 9/12/2014We loved the music and starters (had the carpaccio and the brochette), it was a Mojito fest night too (coconut mojito rocked!). For the main meal we asked for the Pork Chops, unfortunately it wasn't as marinated as we hoped, the pork chops where big and slightly under cooked. Everything else was amazing, felt like standing up and dancing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming back, AMAZING!HappyspiritDined on 9/12/2014We were lucky enough to go on a Friday for Mojito Madness. Over 20 mojitos to choose from, made a fun topic at our table. We ended up being a group of 8. We had to call some friends to meet us there, the place was too good to be true. They have their menu, a Miami spice menu and a kids menu. Everything was remarkable. I love when food becomes a memorable experience and it sure was. The topper was the band. They have live music on Fridays. So we had dinner, drinks and danced. It's been so long since we have had such an amazing evening. Even the kids danced. Everything here is top of the line, the food, the service and the music. This place is for everyone, all ages with happy spirits. See you soon TK's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The night was so jaded byPitbossDined on 9/5/2014The night was so jaded by the high level of noise I really didn't enjoy what I think was a good meal. Just after our appetizers were served, I gave up trying to have any conversation with my wife who was sitting right next to me and anxious to leave. The dinner service could have been enhanced by the indoor band but they only had 1 volume setting, SCREAMING LOUD!! Really too bad for both of us since the experience is enough to keep me away forever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food;portions paltryshark321Dined on 8/23/2014We went for Miami Spice. I do recognize this is an opportunity for restaurants to showcase their best dishes, and they need to be profitable, but the size of the portions were ridiculous. Dinner portions were appetizer size, so in the end, it was not a good value.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!'ilsaairVIPDined on 8/19/2014Since News Cafe left this location a long time ago I've avoided the replacement restaurants that seemed to come and go. TK's is the real deal. The entire restaurant was empty when we visited so it was eerily quiet. Service was very good and the food was inventive and tasty. This is a great place to bring your dog - there is a huge outdoor covered patio. I truly hope this place catches on since the Grove is sorely in need of decent places to eat. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariagonzaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant its so beutiful the service was amazing we went for lunch and was delicius and that place its great with you puppySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchMegsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Brought my family here for a boozy brunch and everyone loved it. $15 bottomless mimosas. Coconut banana mojito is to die for!! Pancakes, french toast and omeletes were all magnificent. Great service, great atmosphere, REALLY GREAT place. I'll be back :)Special Features:
- The BEST!MegsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Spectacular menus for brunch, sweets, dinner.. even a separate mojito menu! Food and drinks are perfectly prepared. Service was marvelous. Romantic indoor dining and comfy casual outdoor dining. Really, this is one of the true gems that the grove (and miami) has to offer. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Over all goodnancykarinaDined on 8/2/2014The service was great. My pear Gorgonzola ravioli was amazing!! The chicken and veal needed a bit more of flavoring, it was a bit bland but both were very juicy and moist. The desserts were very creative and artistic. Over all, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Bad scallopsHungerHighDined on 8/2/2014Inconsistent. Worst of all, bay scallops smelled of formaldehyde. They were not surprised, someone else had complained earlier that week. And yet they sent them out again, and, did not offer any compensation for an inedible, potentially hazardous dish.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the TK's at the Villa Mayfair reviews archive.
- BettyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Location during the week shows little movement food was very good and also service great small platesSpecial Features:
- Best food in the Grove!joaneDined on 7/23/2014Great food and service with an amazing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodlvrDined on 6/13/2014Had our anniversary dinner here and it was perfect. Friendly staff, great food and the restaurant was very comfortable. My wife loved the couches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour DealsNYCSteelergalDined on 6/7/2014Nice atmosphere. Laid-back, friendly, and helpful staff. My boyfriend and I have passed this place dozens of times (although it's had different names) and never went in, but I'm glad we decided to go there. The food was good and the happy hours prices were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceSamehDined on 6/5/2014Creative and delicious kitchen and outstanding service. The price is a bit on the plus side, but well worth it if you can take advantage of the promosSpecial Features:
- nice mealLaraVIPDined on 5/15/2014enjoyed the meal - particularly the jambalaya. Shame they were out of the brussel sprouts and baconSpecial Features:
- Best Mojito evermarlaVIPDined on 5/14/2014Bar tender poured a great cocktail. And really heavy on the pour. Food was great. Recommendations from Heidi were spot on. Only drawback was a family with a few toddlers running all over the place with little to no supervision. Didn't seem appropriate for 9pm at night. They were done eating but stayed for hours after.Special Features:
- Breakfast at TK'sYulandBrendaDined on 5/10/2014Great way to start your Saturday morning, we ate at around 9:30AM, then walked to the Fresh Farmers Market, walked around the historical sites, and it was just a pleasant way to start our week-end.Special Features:
- In the Grovegrfg8rDined on 5/2/2014Nice, romantic atmosphere. Food was excellent. Not for yard apes! Bar stayed open late. Music was awesome!Special Features:
- Best resto in the Grove.roger313131VIPDined on 4/25/2014Well stocked bar, knowledgeable barmen, cool tunes and vibe. Pretty decor, nice atmosphere. The food is great, well prepared and presented. Had the arepa app, "wow" is all I can say. Everything else, from the ribs to the seafood options, is terrific. A must in the Miami dining rotation. Easily the best dining option in the Grove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the GrovePamelaVIPDined on 4/9/2014Absolutely loved this place. Wonderful ambience in a neighborhood setting. Great food options from healthy kale and grilled shrimp salad to a killer burger with fabulous fries. Cheerful attentive service, laid back artsy environment, Great prices. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fair to middlingPamelaDined on 3/21/2014Although the ambiance is very good and the service excellent, the food was over-priced and was average. In Coconut Grove, I expect superior taste and quality in the food I consume. This is not the case at Timos. I ordered the Spaghetti Carbonara. The spaghetti was not cooked Al Dente and was sticky. The dish was actually devoid of flavor and tasted almost "cardboardy". My fiance ordered the lamb chops and mashed potatoes and asparagus. He said the meal was tasty, after he had to add his own spices, but too over priced for the quality. The lamb was cooked perfectly, the potatoes were lifeless and tasteless and the asparagus was over cooked. We will not be dining there again.
- Average eclectic menuSusanVIPDined on 3/12/2014Timos is a beautiful restaurant on a quiet Grove street. Unfortunately, the management got confused when creating the menu. There's too many types of cuisines offered. The food is just average. The fish and main dishes are too expensive.Special Features:
- Timo's is Gr8 AGAIN!1DivaVIPDined on 2/18/2014My brother and I had a wonderful lunch at Timo's. This restaurant is located near the Mayfair Hotel,--- in Coconut Grove. The food was SUPERB. The service of our waitress, Heidi, was SPECTACULAR. The décor created an elegant and serene ambiance. The piped-in music enhanced the whole dining experience. This is the place to go for lunch and/or dinner. It is a GEM!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FindBertCarDined on 2/14/2014We were looking over various locations to have dinner on Valentines evening and came across a couple reviews for this restaurant. We liked what we saw and decided to take a chance. Well, we were very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere and overall dining experience was well worth the drive for us. It was a very enjoyable night we will forever remember. Our server was excellent. The food was well presented and very tasty. The prices were moderate and the selection was varied. Never felt rushed by the servers and always a very pleasant tone from each and every employee at the restaurant. We definitely plan on returning soon and highly recommend this place to anyone on the fence and undecided. You won't regret it. BertSpecial Features:
- Great food had the schezuanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food had the schezuan chicken. Wish they had a little more variety....but over all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so great!NanyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Love the food...it is just spectacular. And now, there's a new staff member (a server named Andrea...she is the epitome of friendliness and professionalism. One of Rusty's greatest loss, Timo's GREATEST gain!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timo's at the Mayfair is TOPS!!1DivaVIPDined on 2/11/2014I had lunch today at Timo's. The décor is serene, elegant and a wonderful setting, for a delicious lunch and/or dinner. I was greeted by Olaf, their friendly and gracious manager. My waitress, Roxana, was SUPERB. She was attention and eager to please. I had the Greek Salad and the Turkey Club. They were both OUTSTANDING. The coffee served,-- is very flavorful and delicious. When I accidentally spilled my coffee-- Roxana, my waitress, and Erick the bus boy, cleaned up MY MESS in a few moments, and were both very gracious, in that process. Timo's is a GEM of a restaurant. I am going back with my brother next week---because it is THAT EXCELLENT. It is set in the Mayfair Hotel in Coconut Grove, and is TRULY a first class restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night ApprovedIleana729Dined on 1/31/2014My boyfriend and I decided went on a Friday night and it was quiet, since it is a little outside of the noise in the Grove - and we prefer it that way! It was not busy, so we kind of felt like the only people (we weren't) and we liked it. The service was great, everyone was very attentive. The food was fantastic! Definitely recommend the heirloom crostini as an appetizer- very good!! And for dessert - Pistachio Tres Leche?! Had to try it and I'm glad I did it! It was a good experience, definitely would love to go again.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!JmartVIPDined on 1/31/2014Always enjoy relaxing here with the tuna tartare to start and the scallops are a must try. As a side, I recommend the bacon and brie tater tots, trust me you will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined at Timo's severalfoodaficionad0VIPDined on 1/28/2014I have dined at Timo's several times, their food seems better each time I visit! Highly recommend you try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ribeye!!!latenightdinerDined on 1/24/2014We tried Timo's with a Groupon. The braised short rib was succulent and fall of the bone tender. The cowboy ribeye was cooked to perfection. Dessert took us to a new level. We thoroughly enjoyed our night at Timo's. The staff was very attentive and polite. The food was fantastic. We will definitely be coming back for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestJmartVIPDined on 1/24/2014We love this place; it is our go-to when we juts want to relax and eat our favorite foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambience/Great Food/Hefty BillJorgeShickenDined on 1/22/2014The restaurant is beautiful. It has a lounge feel with unexpectedly hip music setting the ambience. Our server was stellar. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and offered her recommendations. We were 2 adults and a toddler and the server was very accommodating, being very attentive to the needs of our child while still taking care of us. Except for the kale salad and the desserts, the food was excellent. We enjoyed the tartare, the seabass, and the lambchops - which were all stellar dishes. The asparagus was divine. All in all, the food was very good. But be warned, it is also very expensive. Without buying any beverages, we spent nearly $200 on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.