TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jeffersonhotel.com/
- Phone: (804) 649-4672
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Mon - Fri: 6:30am - 10:00am; Sat: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Sun: 7:00am - 12:00pm
LUNCH: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Sat: 11:30am - 2:00pm
DINNER: Thurs - Sat: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
BRUNCH: Sunday seatings: 10:30am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ehemann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel
Enjoy a causal or business lunch with us at TJ’s Lunch Room and Bistro. TJ’s is focused with you in mind; enjoy a causal get together with friends or a quiet business lunch where you can get work done and enjoy delicious cuisine. Enjoy dinner service in a contemporary bistro but historic setting. TJ’s is a Southern Bistro featuring fresh local flair including seasonal items such as southern shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes with hand pulled mozzarella. Enjoy the view and grandeur of the rotunda while you dine. Beverage service includes a focus on craft breweries, hand-made cocktails and a rustic wine list. We are committed to featuring local produce, naturally raised meats and sustainably harvested seafood wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (17)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Elegant, delicious, and affordableRichZDined on 11/7/2014Lunch was very enjoyable in this romantic setting. The menu offered varied selections that were somewhat different than the usual fare and also well priced. The service was excellent being attentive and friendly. The hotel has a turn of the century elegance that is a "must see"! We are looking forward to returning as it is now our "go to" restaurant n Richmond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchJacksDined on 11/2/2014This was my husband and I first time visiting the Jefferson for brunch. The menu was superb. The food quality was amazing. The staff was very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happiness is: The Jefferson BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014If you've never been, you must go! The Jefferson is simply beautiful and quite grand! If you want to impress your sweetie or someone special this is a beautiful place go. The food is good, the selections are many and varied... there's something for everyone! The service is OFF THE HOOK!!! Thank you to the wonderful folks working Sunday, November 2. Every single person I came across went out of their way to make me feel special and really, it doesn't get any better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAwesome19Dined on 10/19/2014Brunch at the Jefferson Hotel never disappoints. The food was beyond outstanding and the ambiance was just beautiful. Our server, Jackie, was exceptional. This was the second time I sat at one of Jackie's tables and she is by far one of the best servers I have ever encountered. She was full of joy and provided helpful hints about navigating the brunch items. The price is worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Hotel -Must seeCjclDined on 9/21/2014The Sunday Brunch was outstanding. The variety and options were great and delicious. The staff was truly exceptional, friendly, helpful and entertaining.Special Features:
- n2winendineDined on 9/14/2014We had an enjoyable time. We were seated in our preferred area. The food was great as usual and the service was outstanding once we were seated. My only criticism is the bottleneck at the reservations desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotRoadWarrior2VIPDined on 9/3/2014If you visit Richmond you should visit the Jefferson and have lunch or a drink at TJs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningCwbDinesDined on 8/24/2014We attended the Sunday Champagne Brunch. There was so much to choose from, you couldn't eat it all... but we tried! Everything was simply delicious. The "cook to order" staff were friendly and talented. The staff that personally attended us were very accommodating... they kept the OJ and champagne coming :-) The Jefferson is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. I had my wedding reception there 25 years ago and it is still lovely and very professionally run. Old fashion elegance in an urban environment. It's situated in a "hard to find parking" area, so the complimentary valet parking was greatly appreciated. A very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchStevensFamilyDined on 8/24/2014For a special occassion the Sunday Brunch is a must. The ambience of the hotel and the excellent service provided by waitstaff are top notch. The Eggs Jefferson and Glazed ham are not to be missed!Special Features:
- Bubble Busted!NikkzfoodzDined on 8/24/2014I had been looking forward to brunch at the Jefferson for a year. We finally had our schedules in sync and secured a spot for the end of the summer....the last day of the summer prices! We had a 10:30 reservation for dining in the Rotunda and arrived on time and checked in. We were shuffled back and forth between hostess stations. After a lot of whispering and passing the buck, 30minutes later we were still without a table. We overheard that someone "gave away" our table versus a discrepancy between the lists at the hostess stations. Throughout they acknowledged the error on their part. We were eventually seated in the lounge and the cost of 1 brunch was subtracted. Sour experience soured my palate. Food was okay. Superb wait staff.Special Features:
- Jefferson Brunchout2eatDined on 8/17/2014My family went to the brunch for the first time, and were a little disappointed. Family and friends went here some years ago and said that it was outstanding. I would not go as far as to say outstanding. The food was average, not what I was expecting for the price. I even got pieces of fat in my mouth 3 times from the beef bourgandy. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful and the waiter was really attentive and courteous. With all that being said, I won't return for the brunch simply because of the food quality at that price.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchRobinTomVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday Brunch never disappoints! The hotel is beautiful and the waiters are attentive. They really keep the champagne flowing. The food choices were excellent and delicious. Everyone should be able to find something to eat!Special Features:
- birthday boybirthdayboy71Dined on 8/10/2014wonderful atmosphere and design. Elevators are a great benefit since we had elderly adults and handicap. I do wish the parking was a little more convenient but being downtown there isn't a whole lot that can be done about that. The salads and hot foods as always fresh and tasty. The desserts are the cutest and full of flavor. I would recommend to anyone it is always a great experience. The staff is excellentSpecial Features:
- The Jefferson always delivers!WittyGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014TJ's was a delightful surprise for lunch. The Jefferson is always wonderful, though, so TJ's should have been no different. Try the BLT salad...it comes with a Crispy Poached Egg. If you've never had one, it is an absolute treat and makes the salad extra yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice Brunch!bugrayDined on 8/3/2014This was the second time we had the brunch at the Jefferson an it was pretty much identical to the first.This also was a special occasion(my birthday) and everything turned out great. The food was good and plentiful. The service was excellent(our service provider asked the music ensemble to play "Happy Birthday"). Great Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 417 reviews are from the TJ's at The Jefferson Hotel reviews archive.
- Quiet Southern CharmAnnMDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful lunch at TJ's...went back back twice during our stay in Richmond. A delicious, quiet, and charming place with attentive staff and class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best brunch in Richmondn2winendineDined on 7/20/2014My husband and have had brunch at the Jefferson many times for over 20 years and, it 's always fabulous. This was my least favorite experience. I don't know if there was a scheduling problem that caused too many people at the buffet at the same, or some other issue but it was not good. The end result created a cafeteria or mess hall environment. I was also disappointed that we were not seated in our preferred area, even though it is noted on our customer card. The food was great as usual when I could get to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual birthday brunchOBooDined on 7/20/2014My family attends the Sunday Brunch one Sunday in July every year to commemorate family birthdays in one swoop. It is something my family looks forward to. While everything is wonderful, this year's sausage patties were not quite as done as they should have been. While we had to work to keep our coffee cups filled this year, we are looking forward to this annual family event next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We made the reservation to celebrate both our anniversary and the arrival of my sister from NY and her birthday. The room was absolutely beautiful and tasteful. We had requested a room on the lower level and that was accommodated with no difficulty. The food was completely amazing both in presentation and taste. We cannot wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great place for business lunch.VTHokieRichmondDined on 7/16/2014Commendable food, always- perfect service, enough space between tables to actually get some work done, respectable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 7/13/2014The atmosphere was pleasant and the food served was delicious. My family of nine enjoyed visiting the various tables and selecting/tasting from the variety of choices. We especially enjoyed the curry fish dish and the eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great hamburgers!Happy2BeDined on 6/30/2014This gluten-sensitive diner really loves your Angus burgers and appreciates so much that you carry GF bread. Our "Birthday Girls" like having our lunches at TJs for all the reasons I five-starred in this review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceluv2travelDined on 6/29/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion. Very elegant location with superb staff. Unbelievable amount of food to choose from and everything was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchJeffDined on 6/15/2014Having been to your nice establishment before, (last 6 yrs) You have NEVER let me down! I have always tried to eat there for Fathers Day, and end of the school year for my daughter (mid June) as combined celebration. The Hotel & dining facility (TJ's) is a dining experience that one never forgets... Your staff is to be commended : Always friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Often times I WISH other eating establishments around the Richmond area would follow your example. But, have learned that the Jefferson is just one of those places that a person comes to expect a higher standard than most. NICE JOB !!!Special Features:
- Happy CustomerlovetoeatDined on 6/12/2014Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty to make our 37th anniversary extra special. The service was perfect as was the food. The flowers on our table were a wonderful and appreciated surprise. Thank you all so very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Good Timesbandjs29Dined on 6/8/2014Great food, just the perfect amount of attention from wait staff. The ultimate way to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicYellowbirdDined on 6/8/2014Our table was excellent being on the main floor or balcony overlooking the buffet. While going down to select my brunch entrée I notice the musicians. Being our reservations was 1:30 pm I assumed they were finished playing. Then later, while eating I thought I heard them playing. It seemed that the music was not consistent or where our table was we did not hear the musicians. So I would only add that having them play in a location that all could hear them or for the later reservations would have been enjoyable.Special Features:
- Fantastic Bunchmadison2008Dined on 6/8/2014My husband and I and another couple visited TJ"s for bunch on Sunday for a friend's birthday. The seating was perfect on the balcony in the center, great food, service was great, very relaxing. I would recommend TJ's to anyone for your special occasion or just going there for a romantic dinner, or anytime to enjoy the great food. The price is very affordable for the amount and quality of food you get, if you leave hungry it is your own fault.Special Features:
- Good to be backAaylaDined on 6/1/2014It's been several years since we last visited The Jefferson Hotel for brunch. Impressive as always. Warm, friendly service. The young man at the waffle station was especially nice. Excellent selection of food options (especially the shrimp and oysters on the half shell). We miss the big smoked food section from days past and the array of desserts did not seem as expansive as it was previously but there was still more than we could ever consume. The hotel is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedNotAFanDined on 5/31/2014I was looking to go to TJ's, specifically for brunch. So when I booked the reservation two weeks out, it said the day was free. The week of we were scheduled, got a call stating they had a conflict because an event was going to be there. That date should have been blocked off. Anyway, the young lady that left the voicemail stated I can choose any other time to have brunch at TJ's and I chose a Saturday. Well I get to the Jefferson and go to TJ's and I don't see the buffet stations. Get to the front and the hostess says oh we only do brunch on Sundays. Well I was very disappointed and so was my mom and sister (this was their Mother's Day gift). We ended up staying for lunch, food was not good and sad to say we won't be going back.
- Lunch at TJ'sAlbertoGonzalesPierreDined on 5/28/2014Although a little pricey for the food you get, the overall experience was delightful. The Moroccan Eggplant sandwich appeared to by nothing but lettuce and mushrooms. If there was any eggplant in the sandwich, I totally missed seeing or tasting it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We took my mother to the champagne brunch for her 86th birthday. It was a delightful experience. I think we'll make it a tradition as long as she is up to it.Special Features:
- Great ambience, foodHappy2BeDined on 5/12/2014If you want a congenial restaurant for catching up with friends over a good meal, TJ's is the place. Not noisy, so you can talk. Tables not so close that others can overhear private conversations. There were three such midday gatherings (that I know of) when we were there and everyone seemed to be having a great time. We enjoyed ourselves so much that the next day I made another res for a second women-friends' group. Loved the quality hamburger with GF toast and, of course, my fave, The Jefferson's stellar creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DayJaimiDined on 5/10/2014I had a blast at TJ's. My siblings and I took my mom out for lunch as an early Mother's Day gift. She loved it, and the food was great! My brother had the grilled ham cheese. So much flavor. The large plate salmon dish is amazing as well. Thank you Jonathan for being an efficient waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice as to be expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014Our waitress (an older brunette) was clumsy and rude to us. The experience should have been better to live up to the location. I expected better.
- poor qualitynoosaDined on 4/24/2014the fries were reheated and not fresh, the bread on the panini was thin and looked like regular cheap plain white bread not what was expected from the Jefferson or any high end restaurant. It was my husband's birthday and I asked for something special for the occasion but nothing extra was done. It was a waste of time and money.
- Easter BrunchHostessDined on 4/20/2014With all the reviews I read, I expected the brunch to be the best I ever had. It wasn't. The food is average and you are paying for the name. Service is great and they don't skimp on the champagne. It's one of those things - been there done that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchHazelDined on 4/20/2014Me and my sister always goes here for Easter brunch and it's always exceeded our expectation ! Very classy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent.Peterwestend71Dined on 4/16/2014Always a treasured spot for lunch. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBillDined on 4/13/2014We try and attend the Jefferson Brunch at least twice a year. It is undoubtedly the most memorable experience we have had in dining of any place we have visited, both with the food and the historical atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.