1519 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tiramisuphiladelphia.com/
- Phone: 2155877000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto DelBello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Weddings, Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthdays, Graduations, Anniversaries, Business Lunches, Corporate Dinners
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Marino 2155877000
A word from Tiramisu
Tiramisu restaurant specializes in legendary Roman Jewish cuisine. We are famous for our homemade Mozzerella cheese, Roman Jewish style artichokes, fresh flatbread ( matza), and our house special, Tiramisu. All of our dishes are created with the freshest ingredients and are made to order. We also feature an extensive wine list & a full bar. Make your reservation today !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Warm mozarella appetizer deliciousTedSDined on 6/5/2013Warm mozarella appetizer delicious and unique. Professional, highly accomodating service. Everything was right.Special Features:
- food is wonderful , but thefoodloverVIPDined on 5/29/2013food is wonderful , but the waitstaff needs to understand English better. Tried to order a wine spritzer and a crown royal on the rocks and our waiter could not understand it and needed to send the bartender up to us. Then they were out of crown royal as they claimed it was all used up on fri night at their cigar bar . Well then go buy a bottle . Food was outstanding though and the place is beautiful to look at. Dont miss the artichokes or any of the pasta as it is homemade and so good. Will go back again , but ask for a waiter that speaks English .
- Very disappointedJeffDined on 5/25/2013Waitress said she had worked there for 7 years. Yet, she displayed the capabilities of someone who was just starting. Did not listen to or remember specific requests. Slow to respond when called upon. Service so slow that despite a 2-hour time frame, there was no time at the end of the meal for coffee and desert. Waitress expressed "fear of the chef" when given questions about some of the entrees. Manager slow to respond to requests for appropriate refunds or perhaps incentives to return?
- Decieving87MarkymarkDined on 5/11/2013From the start I had to change my party size (1 person less). The manager and hostess were accommodating to my last minute request, however it took another 30 minutes to prepare a new table. Once seated my party guest almost falls over in their cleary antique chairs which need to be retired. The waiter had an extremely thick accent which made understanding the food specials impossible. After that it was down hill from there, I felt neglected (however the manager did follow up during our service) and the assistant servers were more attentive with filling up our water and removing plates. We never were asked if we wanted pepper or parmasean cheese (while other tables clearly were asked). We even had to request the bill.Special Features:
- Very nice experience at Tiramisu,PhilaUMom13Dined on 5/11/2013Very nice experience at Tiramisu, staff was extremely accommodating and helpful especially since we were out of town and not familiar with the Philadelphia area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant decor was a bitfoodtravelerDined on 5/1/2013Restaurant decor was a bit tired. Was there for lunch as was empty - only two other tables. Pasta was just okay. Server was very pleasant and accommodating. However, not up to the competition in Philly.
- go there and try it!SandyVIPDined on 4/24/2013very nice place with great food. Can't believe so many ( myself included) did not ever go there. It is reasonable pricing, excellent service, and quality of food is plentiful and tasty. definitely a place to return. sandy goldbergSpecial Features:
- Warm and welcomingMerleeVIPDined on 4/18/2013A beautiful restaurant that was a home many years ago but gives off the vibe you are a guest in rather than a paying customer. Very few diners so we had most attentive servers. I'm on a gluten free diet and was given excellent choices from the menu OR the chef would have prepared anything else I chose. Not large portions but looked like a picture from a magazine and tasted just as good as it looked. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013My boyfriend and I were visiting Philadelphia for the first time and knew we wanted Italian; we always use OpenTable and the existing reviews of this place were great so we decided to give it a try. We were late for our reservation due to parking issues but they sat us right away and our waiter promptly came over to give us the specials for the evening and take our drink order. His name was Mike and he was phenomenal! I live in NYC and I have never experienced such a confident, informative waiter. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff was so talkative and friendly. Should we ever return to Philly, we will definitely be there for dinner!Special Features:
- Had a delicious dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013Had a delicious dinner at Tiramisu and loved this restaurant - beautiful inside and food was fantastic - what a nice night!Special Features:
- The dinner was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013The dinner was excellent. Everyone in our party was very satisfied. The service was slow however and our waitress was not as knowledgeable as she should have been.Special Features:
- My theatre group went forOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2013My theatre group went for dinner before the show and we were all pleased with our dinners and desserts.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013The food was excellent and one of the owners was our server as the place was packed and the servers were all very busy. She was absolutely lovely and very attentive. We lucked out when we got her as she knew everything about the menu and made excellent recommendations. We had an antipasto that was extraordinary and each of us really enjoyed our meals. We had never eaten here before and just took a chance and made a reservation. We do not live in Philly, we live in the Boston area. The owner's service and the quality of the food made for a very enjoyable meal. I highly recommend Tiramisu and we plan to return when we go back to Philly.Special Features:
- Did not care for the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Did not care for the food. Prices were high for what you received.
- Our dinner for 7 was perfectJoelSVIPDined on 3/25/2013Our dinner for 7 was perfect from the moment we walked in the door until we left 2 hours later. the service and the attention to our group was excellent. the choice of foods on the fixed priced menu was broad and all dishes were prepared and served exactly as each person had ordered. At no time did we have to look for a server. Our needs were anticipated. Each and every person at the table loved the meal and the restuarant. Our hostess Elise, who had taken the reservation and visited our table twice to make sure everything was okay. I can't say much more, except that this was 5 stars in all respects. Thank you TiramisuSpecial Features:
- Service was fantastic. AllTkapVIPDined on 3/25/2013Service was fantastic. All the staff went out of their way to make sure our meal was everything we expected. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinnerJudyrDined on 3/23/2013We had an excellent dinner at Tira Misu-in the first place we were unable to keep our original reservation time because my son's plane into Philadelphia was several hours late-I called the restaurant and they were extremely pleasant about scheduling us for a later time. We were seated immediately upon arrival and although my son and his wife did not arrive for almost 15 minutes, we were never rushed to order. Once we ordered, everyone enjoyed their meal, the meat eaters as well as the vegetarian in our group. We found the restaurant well priced, the wine list was extremely reasonable and we will certainly return.Special Features:
- Thought $10.00 for not evenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Thought $10.00 for not even a half a glass of wine was Over the Top!!!!! Food was Very Good!Special Features:
- First time there. Very prettyAndiDined on 3/11/2013First time there. Very pretty inside. The food was very good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The restaurant itself is beautifulShawVIPDined on 3/5/2013The restaurant itself is beautiful inside and sticks to the ancient Roman theme. The menu had a good variety of food and everyone in my group enjoyed their appetizers and meals.
- Fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Tiramisu provides a fine dining experience. The atmosphere is elegant, the service excellent and the food very good. It is definitely a restaurant I would visit again.Special Features:
- will not go back or recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We will not be going back. The service was not good nor was the food overall. The staff appeared very harried and untrained. We had to ask for the specials and the wine list. We also had to ask for bread for the table. The waiter forgot the bottle that we ordered. The menu did not accurately describe the food. The appetizer was terrible. We ordered the fried vegetables. I pictured light breading and a tasty dipping sauce. The vegetables were heavily breaded and thrown onto a plate. Most of the breading fell off. The salad and pasta courses were good but the main courses were disappointing. As a result we opted not to even try the desserts. They had a keyboard player and trombone player with no mute so it was way too loud!
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2013Food and service were excellent. We ar going again next week.Special Features:
- Salty and oily food. LoudaaronDined on 2/16/2013Salty and oily food. Loud music till the love band showed up who weren't that good. Wouldn't go back.
- Food is tasty and the menuBarbODined on 2/15/2013Food is tasty and the menu had lots of choices. They are very adaptable about adjusting the menu for picky eaters. Just ask to leave out the mushrooms or exchange for something else.Special Features:
- Very old school - not in a good wayMHMHVIPDined on 2/2/2013Old and shabby. Two different chairs were virtually falling apart. Food was unremarkable.
- This was our first time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013This was our first time there. We enjoyed, the food and the atmosphere. Everyone was very nice. I would like to go here again.Special Features:
- We thought the food was reallySharonDined on 2/1/2013We thought the food was really good. I had the lamb chops with porcini mushrooms. They were excellent. My husband had the veal. He loved it. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic, with an old world charm. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food and better service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013My girlfriend and I have been wanting to try the restaurant for some time and decided to go during restaurant week. We will definitely go back to explore the full menu. There was a limited menu for the week, but all of the items we had were delicious. There were not many people in the restaurant that night so we had very good service.
- Restaurant week reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2013It has a romantic feel to the restaurant. The food was very good. The staff was friendly and accomodating, but the service was slow. It wasn't crowded, in fact there were only a few othe tables that were occupied, so the service could have been faster. But it was still a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Tiramisu was a very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Tiramisu was a very enjoyable experience. From the moment we walked in the door they treated us with the very best service. There was four in our party for dinner and every single one of us enjoyed our entire meal. They were very helpful in picking out a delicious wine. This is definitely a place we will all be returning to.Special Features:
- Good service throughout butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2013Good service throughout but the food was okay. Loved the appetizers though
- Great experience. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Great experience. Food was wonderful, service was superb. Would dine there again.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time & wonderfulJoAnnDined on 1/23/2013Had a wonderful time & wonderful food......will definately go back again!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2013our 2 dinners were excellent! The lamb chops were outstanding. The warm soft matzoh was a delicious treat. I am lactose intolerant and couldn't the dessert. The chef sent me an attractive dish of poached pears in a sweet syrup. I recommended Tiiramisu to friends who went there the very next nite with a party of 8 people. They also are raving about their dining experience. We will definitely be back to Tirasmisu for dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good, not great andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2013Food was good, not great and service was upbeat and attentive. The decor is outdated especially for a newly renovated location.
- Very convenient location.PhillyBizVIPDined on 1/11/2013Very convenient location. The dining area is quite nice, though you have to pass through the dim bar first to get there, which is not ideal. The hostess was charming and the wait staff efficient and friendly. The menu is broad enough in selection to accommodate anyone. I had a business lunch there last week and found the food ok, but not as good as I'd hoped. The Caesar salad looked good, but lacked taste. My sole was presented with a flavorful sauce, but unfortunately was drowned in it, so the fish never held its own. My guest had the bass and enjoyed it, commenting that the herbed sauce was different than any he’d had before and quite good. Neither great nor bad - worth a second try.
- Totally delicious! Try theLizCDined on 1/11/2013Totally delicious! Try the artichoke hearts...fabulous!Special Features:
- Everyone should know aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2013Everyone should know about this gem. Food is wonderful as is presentation and ambiance. Great for pre show or orchestra dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and very reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Fantastic food and very reasonable prices. Waitstaff were wonderful. Cant wait to go againSpecial Features: