Tir Na Nog - Philadelphia
1600 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Tir Na Nog - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tirnanogphilly.com/
- Phone: 2675141700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2am Saturday - Sunday 10am-2am (Open Saturday and Sunday for Brunch)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Dan Maher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tír na nÓg has a range of options to cater to your private party needs. Flexibility is the key word, with a number of choices for those celebrating a special occasion. They can provide a separate function room available for parties from 15 to 150. The menu, drink and pricing options are many and varied, practically guaranteeing that Tír na nÓg will have something that will fit both your requirements and your budget. If you are looking for grand and fancy, the professionals at Tír na nÓg will provide it, or if you are looking for something a little more laidback, they can do it. An open bar can be arranged for your party along with a selection of our creative hors d'oeuvres. They can also provide a buffet that includes entrée selections from the menu.
With the experience gained from being a highly popular party destination, you can be assured that your party will be a roaring success at Tír na nÓg.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Merriman 2675141700
- Entertainment: Tír na nÓg has just been voted the Best Happy Hour in Philly by Philadelphia Style Magazine. This has helped to cement its position as one of the city's premier hotspots. It provides an eclectic range of entertainment, from live traditional Irish music on Tuesdays right through to live rock bands on Saturdays. Monday night features Quizzo. Thursdays features a live acoustic performance. Fridays DJ RKO spins the hits. So no matter what your tastes, Tír na nÓg has something for you. And if Sports is your thing, we have 6 plasmas and a 8ft big screen to show both American and European Sports.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5pm-7pm $3 Miller Lite Bottles, $3 Coors lite Bottles, $4 Leinenkugel Pints,$5 Absolut & Jameson Mixed Drinks, $5 Pinnacle Ice teas and Lemomade, $5 Jack Daniels Lynchburg Lemonades. $5 Nachos.
- Public Transit: Being located in Center City Philadelphia, Tír na nÓg is well serviced by public transport. The bar is located directly above Suburban Station, which is the central hub for the Philadelphia suburbs. It is also 1 block from City Hall Subway stop, which is on both the Broad Street Line (North-South) and the Market-Frankford line (East-West).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Tír na nÓg has many parking options. Valet parking is also available as an option in the Phoenix building where Tír na nÓg is located. Additionally, secure off-street parking is available directly across the street. The bar is located in Center City Philadelphia, which offers many parking lots in the immediate vicinity.
A word from Tir Na Nog - Philadelphia
Tír na nÓg Irish Bar & Grill incorporates the warmth of an Irish pub with New American cuisine and all the while maintains a famous charm and hospitality. This extremely popular establishment opened in 2002 in the heart of Center City Philadelphia, after the runaway success of the original in Manhattan. A design team from Ireland created this small piece of Ireland by salvaging architectural pieces, furniture and bric-a-brac from churches and castles in Ireland and shipping them to the USA. These pieces, combined with rich textiles, Celtic script adorning the walls, and rich, dark wood have shaped an elegant yet inviting atmosphere which caters to the sophisticated and casual diner. Tír na nÓg was just what Philly needed, a beautiful, yet unpretentious bar and restaurant that has something for everyone. The combination of an attractive menu and a professional, yet friendly, team of bartenders and servers has made Tír na nÓg a major success with clientele of all ages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tir Na Nog - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Unusual dining space downtownGerryDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant's much quieter space in the historic lobby of the Phoenix is a wonderful setting. The food is okay.
- Lunch at an Irish PubPfcrockVIPDined on 8/18/2014Tir Na Nog is really aware that people have limited time for lunch and they do a great job of getting out quickly and hot. Service was great.Special Features:
- Fun!AnniVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always fun to go here! Good and service are very good and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Ruebenmoon1701Dined on 7/30/2014Corned beef way too fatty and grisly. Not like it used to be. Music a little loud but was pretty empty at the time my group was there. Great place for lunch, bar and soccer games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donny BarrellsfoodloverDined on 7/12/2014The wife and I asked for a quieter table because the booth we were seated at in the bar area was extremely loud. The hostess said she would check and returned in a few minutes and said there were none available. I explained I walked the restaurant and there were numerous tables available in the rear of the restaurant. She explained there were no servers available for those tables. Note; there was another couple already seated in this area having dinner. The best part of the meal was the desert. We had crab cakes and salmon for dinner.
- Great spot for watching the game.VPMDVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a blast watching World Cup games. Great food and good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday to rememberDiningOutOfTown2Dined on 6/28/2014We took my friend here for a birthday brunch. She specifically wanted to try Shepherd's pie. Although it wasn't on the menu for brunch, the server made sure she had shepherd's pie. She loved it. I got the green eggs and ham; our friend got the waffle. For dessert, we got the napoleon and the bread pudding. Delicious! The World Cup was on tvs, but it didn't get too loud. Our server was very friendly and made the visit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the Tir Na Nog - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Great ServicemoeatsDined on 5/11/2014Our server was awesome, they seated our party of 8 right away, the ambiance was great, and the bathrooms were clean, which is a big plus for me! The brunch menu was a bit limited if u want breakfast foods, but everything was tasty, which matters the most. Definitely recommend for large groups. Spacious and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No corned beef?CindyCDined on 4/22/2014The server was very nice but had too many tables. The menu was ok, but there weren't traditional Irish food items offered. For example no brown bread, no corned beef, the mashed potatoes were probably boxed. The food we did get - grilled chicken over mashed potatoes and chicken tenders and fries were very good (except the mashed potatoes).Special Features:
- BeenThereAteThatVIPDined on 4/11/20145:00 on a Friday afternoon was probably a poor time for an early dinner. Incredibly loud. Server did move us to a table farthest from the bar, but not a huge improvement. If you can converse at 95 decibels, this might be a heck of a place. Food was better than expected!Special Features:
- I'll be backforeveryoungDined on 4/9/2014The wait staff was attentive but not overly so as to where you were constantly interrupted while eating and talking. The menu had familiar items but some with a twist. Would recommend for either business or casual lunch. This time was for business but can't wait to try some of their craft beer with my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous salmon entreeAustrianCountessVIPDined on 4/1/2014At lunch I ordered the blackened salmon entree and it was truly one of the best meals I have ever had. The salmon was perfectly seasoned; very tasty but not too hot or too spicy.The fish was srumptious, as were the mashed potatos and asparagus that came with the entree. My compliments to the chef. We sat in a quieter part of the restaurant with linen tablecloths so it was a little more formal than the bar area .Service was good. I would definitely recommend for lunch /dinner. Try the blackened salmon; you will love it!Special Features:
- Great place!StephanieDined on 3/29/2014This was my first time at Tir Na Nog and I'll definitely go back! Great food, ambience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Attended Philadelphia Flower Show and have kept it a secret from the entire bus. My son-in-law recommended this gem and each time I am in Philly it is our to go place. Friendly, very Irish in decor, staff was wonderful. Only complaint a very limited wine selection.Special Features:
- Shepherd's PieBobbieAnneDined on 2/18/2014It always tastes great here but this time it was too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubJimHVIPDined on 2/1/2014Every city in the world has an Irish Pup. This is one of the best of them.It was filled with fans watching an Irish match and they stilll had some room in the back that as reaspnably quiet for a family the tipical English- Irish food was outstanding and the women all liked the salads. There was something for everyone. I would come back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherPaulDVIPDined on 12/20/2013The waitress couldn't be bothered to tend properly to our table. She had to ask for our order 3 times since she had no notepad. The kitchen couldn't be bothered to serve decent portions or look at what the were sending out. My friends Rueben looked like half of it was missing and the tomato on my sandwich was green. When such little care is taken on the basics, why should I come back?
- First time visitPWWCDined on 12/6/2013Tir Na Nog was recommended by a friend. We were staying nearby for a conference. Ten of us went to dinner. We had a lovely room all to ourselves. The menu options were great, everything from traditional Irish fare to "picks". We all enjoyed our dinner. On a busy Friday night, our service and the attention we received were great.Special Features:
- Had a 7:00 reservation, seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2013Had a 7:00 reservation, seated at 7:30. Room too noisy to enjoy conversation. Too hustle bustle for us. Food was fine.
- BAR FOOD!!!!foodloverVIPDined on 11/16/2013This is a lovely establishment to grab a drink or more with friends. But, as far as good goes, it is simply a bar! Thus, all you will find is bar food! Meaning greasy and unhealthy.
- Typical Irish Pub Lunch FareMicahBVIPDined on 11/11/2013Tir Na Nog is a safe lunch choice in a convenient Center City location. There was nothing negative about the dining experience. The hostess and server were friendly. Lunch service was prompt. The prices reasonable. It is a chain and there are a few similar spot as well in Philadelphia (as in most cities). If you seek a simple salad, sandwich or midday brew, it certainly fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small College Football in a ClassiclawmanVIPDined on 11/9/2013We watched the 128th Williams-Amherst football game on Sat at the Pub. Great setting, good food, fine libations, terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard pub fareTigresSKSVIPDined on 10/22/2013Its location is what has had me visit twice: once for lunch, once for dinner. The quality control lacks a little, as I believe both times I asked for my burger medium well and the lunch visit gave me a rare burger (almost red in the center) while the dinner visit gave me a well-well done burger (charred on the outside and dry). However, my party seemed to enjoy their fish'n'chips and shepherd's pie; they have many beers on tap; and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to eat, but not conversePhillyBizVIPDined on 10/17/2013The food was excellent. We were a group of 7 and everyone was quite pleased with their meal. Our server was attentive without being invasive. So that was all good. The table was set for 6 and it was pretty tight. Too big for 4, but really needed an extra foot to accommodate 6. I saw other tables similarly sized and set, so whoever planned the furniture blew it there. The noise level was high - in part because the surfaces all reflect sound and so everything travels, but in part because there were screaming girls at the bar who just seemed to want to let out a high-pitched scream for their own amusement. Once or twice, sure, but again and again and again!? I'll go back for the food, but I won't plan to engage in meaningful conversation.Special Features:
- Nice pub food but too loudBarb52Dined on 10/16/2013Tir Na Nog had pretty nice pub food. three of our party of 4 had typical Irish dishes that were good and heaping. Since we were meeting friends that we haven't seen for a long time, we found the noise level way too loud to hold any extended conversation. If you are looking for a fun place to hang out with friends you don't need to talk to, this is your place.Special Features:
- Loud but niceGallaFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2013Good for lunch but a bit noisy. I think it's best feature is pub for after work.Special Features:
- Friendly service and fun atmosphereRed5Dined on 10/5/2013Our waiter was very capable and super friendly. He was able to describe the different dishes well.Food came out hot and in good time.The live music was outstanding. We had a great first ever visit! CCan't wait to try the one that I just found out is in New York City!Special Features:
- Great Irish breakfastBreifneVIPDined on 9/22/2013Good food, but excellent service. Very pleased to be seated, waited on, and served promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013If you desire comfort food, I found some at Tir Na Nog. The Chicken Pot Pie was outstanding. I loved the white wine flavoring it had. I do not like Shepard's Pie, but I wanted to try my companion's dish. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Just OK for a business lunchchristinaVIPDined on 7/29/2013The place was kind of empty when we first go there, and the service was prompt. About half way through, our waitress was hard to find when we wanted the check. She was probably hard to find since she was working the outside tables as well as the inside tables. She was very nice, and the food was good, but she was spread too thin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since we were from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013Since we were from out of town, it was difficult to find the restaurant. Better signage would be appropriate.Special Features:
- Fish, Chips and Whiskey!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2013Really nice find- and delicious fish and chips! They have a great whiskey selection and their bar tenders are pretty knowledgeable. The bar area was really cold (A/C on high so bring something warm) but we sat outside for dinner which was nice- friendly staff and really lovely overall evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service & Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was inviting, and the server could not have been better. It is warm & friendly... and despite the fact that it is a bar & grill, I felt perfectly comfortable dining there with my 16 year old son.Special Features:
- Irish PubRickVIPDined on 5/25/2013This pub/restaurant had a good selection of the standard Irish fair as well as an large assortment of burgers and some of philly's specific options like cheese steaks. This is a good well rounded menu. Food is what you would expect from a good pub.
- All you'll want in a fun lunch!UnkydunkyVIPDined on 3/27/2013Never disappointed in Tir Na Nog...the lunch crowd is fun & the food is always delicious (Turkey BLT on sourdough---yummy). Noticed the new carving station today--must try that next time! Great service, tooSpecial Features:
- Very noisy - I have been atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Very noisy - I have been at this restaurant a few times before and the food was good but this time the food was lousy. Also, I had to keep asking the waiter for a napkin, a soup spoon and utensils - it was very disorganized.
- I have to say that all foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I have to say that all food that we had was great! Individually prepared, hot and delicious. Other diners near us also had some great looking selections. Would definitely go back to try something else. Great beer selection and the Irish Coffee was the Best!Special Features:
- Fish and chips were nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Fish and chips were nothing special. Enjoyed the selection of beer/ ale/ciders. Good place to go if you want to be around a lot of people. Great atmosphere
- Can't Miss!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Great place! Great atmosphere! Great Prices! Nice selection of brews on tap. Corned Beef Spring Rolls ROCK!Special Features:
- I took my team to lunch andJeaniebeanieDined on 3/1/2013I took my team to lunch and requested the back area as it is more quiet. Everyone enjoyed their meals. It was a great place to relax and we were not rushed. Service was very good as well.Special Features: