Tio's Cantina at Hawk's Cay
540 Duck Key Drive
Duck City, FL 33050Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tio's Cantina at Hawk's Cay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3057437000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Henry Christian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tio's Cantina at Hawk's Cay
Authentic Mexican dishes made with fresh ingredients and the flavors of the Yucatan make up the menu at Tio's Cantina. Margarita anyone? Tio offers up a full menu of tequila-based cocktails. Dine inside or out at this waterfront location. The food is authentic, the tequila is strong, and everyone is familia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tio's Cantina at Hawk's Cay reviews from OpenTable diners
- FIRE!RussCIADined on 4/9/2013The restaurant burned down the night before our reservation!Special Features:
- Bland food. Place was fullDrKHDined on 3/26/2013Bland food. Place was full of noisy children. Good for families. Not for couples looking for a night out.
- Horrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2013The food was overpriced, underseasoned, poor quality, and generally unpleasant.
- Average Mexican food and decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2013This restaurant provided decent tex-mex food. The salsa and guacamole were good (not great). Bar service was slow. Waitress was friendly. On Duck Key, a person is limited to a small number of dinner choices without driving some distance to another Key to eat. This restaurant is decent for a warm meal, but certainly not with a special trip.
- we ate out by the dock andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013we ate out by the dock and really enjoyed the evening....food was great! had to take food home the portions were so large.Special Features:
- Nice change of pace for MarathonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We had a very nice evening -- the food and margaritas were great, and the service was friendly and efficient. When we made the reservation we mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday, and the staff came out singing with a piece of wonderful tres leches cake! The food was very fresh and delicious, but the salsa was a little on the vinegary side. Overall, a fun experience. Being locals, we're looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Food was only so-so. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2013Food was only so-so. Service was very friendly but the kitchen was slow and the food was not hot when served.Special Features:
- Good Mexican foodDwilliams309VIPDined on 12/15/2012We went here for my husband's birthday. Set up reservation for 9 and they took us to a table for 5. Not sure what that was about, other than they hadn't been open but 2 weeks I believe and the young man who was hostess was as nervous as anyone I've seen. He was stumbling over himself he was so nervous. The food was just ok, and the prices were decent compared to the resort prices, which are extremely high. The keys needed a Mexican food place, so hopefully they get their stuff together and get organized.Special Features:
- Nice waterside diningHeatherVIPDined on 10/21/2012Nice local menu and beautiful surroundings. They weren't staffed properly but other than that we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Very average, waiter was sweeping the floor when we arrived at 7pm, then he took our order, then carried on sweeping. Seemed disinterested. Food averageSpecial Features:
- The service was great theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The service was great the food however just wasn't good at all.
- The staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012The staff was very accommodating of special dietary needs. I have Celiac, and the manager took extra care to ensure my food was safe and delicious. Every one else's food was great, too!Special Features:
- Food was good - not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Food was good - not great. Kids menu was overpriced, which doesn't make sense relative to the adult menu. Our service was slow - waited very long time for our bill.Special Features:
- Great food! Loved the TunaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2012Great food! Loved the Tuna Poke! Big crowd but great service and food arrived quickly. Reservation helped bypass wait line.Special Features: