Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
135 West Broadway
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tinysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123741135x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
*Thursday & Friday Dinner until 1:00am*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Paul Nanez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact our events director, Maya Khalil at email@example.com. Thank you!
A word from Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs is a three story townhouse located on W. Broadway in the heart of Tribeca. The building dates to 1810 and much of the original materials have been restored and overlayed with whimsical American finish detail. Siblings Matt, Jack and Ana Abramcyk conceived of a space where you can come to eat, drink, or just talk over a glass of wine. The sibling trio complements the warm-hearted atmosphere and furthers the artistic spirit of Tiny’s making it a true family run neighborhood place. For Tiny’s, Chef Paul Nanez has created lunch, brunch, and dinner menus that blend classic technique with local market ingredients. The menu reflects Modern American cuisine with Italian and French influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)romantic (34)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (23)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing KaleFoodie23Dined on 8/23/2014That kale salad is to die for!!!! Brunch is amazing. Also the fireplace in winter is key! Loved it.Special Features:
- mel2014Dined on 8/16/2014Nourriture très bonne, le poulet grillé était excellent ainsi que le dessert. Le prix du restaurant correspond aux prix habituels à NYC pour un bon resto (env $27-$30 le plat) Un peu bruyant mais bonne ambiance Peut-être un peu trop de passage de serveurs mais je n'ai pas de point de comparaison avec d'autres resto à New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool historyNycmarkDined on 8/15/2014Title says it all. A great mix of past and presentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Small menu but excellent choices and very good. Service is attentive and helpful. We are upstairs and our only complaint was the noise. It was very noisy and loud, two tables of what looked like girls' night out. We should have asked to sit downstairs or outside because we couldn't carry on a conversation. Luckily the food and service outweighed the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ServiceKindRegardsDined on 7/27/2014My daughter, her two roommates and I ate at Tiny's on a Sunday night. The service was so friendly and appropriate. We loved the coziness and the food was great. The chilled pea soup and the meatballs were especially wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuenDined on 7/27/2014I had dinner at Tiny's with some friends from Sweden and they really loved it (so do I). You will understand the name but the food is great and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything...except...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/20141) Tiny's ran out of ingredients for all but two of the cocktails on their menu. We were told they were changing the drink menu in a few days and didn't update the old menu or offer alternate selections. 2) Our server forgot 2 of our items...came back to ask about one but entirely forgot the side item which ended up coming out after our meal was finished. The simple solution is to write it down. I am not impressed by servers who try to memorize orders. Inevitably something is forgotten making the entire meal stressful. Before the meal we are wondering if they remembered everything...and during the meal we are waiting for them to correct it. I would absolutely visit Tiny's again. Hopefully next time these 2 minor issues will be resolved.Special Features:
- Love the overall experienceCCheungVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was amazing and the service was excellent. Everyone who worked there were very attentive!Special Features:
- Decent food, nothing noteworthygtg699uVIPDined on 7/9/2014Grabbed lunch with a coworker here since I had walked by this place many nights and always saw folks hanging out here. The food was good, certainly better than average, but nothing special or notable. From the menu we were expecting it to be a bit more of a foodie restaurant. The service was fine as well, though the table was quite small and our particular seating situation was a bit odd being in a corner where two booths came together so we sat perpendicular to each other. Overall, fairly neutral experience and given the number of great places to eat in the area, wouldn't really recommend or go back.
- Classic food done casually wellWMColmes14VIPDined on 6/28/2014Cool building, so much history. Great staff was attentive & efficient. No quirky preps. Starters were CHILLED ENGLISH PEA SOUP - crème fraiche and lemon zest - fresh and light, maybe needed some salt or spice; SMOKED SALMON RILLETTE - crisps, shallots, dill - a nice drip that was smokey & salty; KALE SALAD - Walnuts, Local Apples, Maple-Mustard, Vinaigrette Carrots, shredded gouda - a large portion and light. Entrées: Duck duo - Smoked Breast & Leg of Confit, Haricots Verts, Toasted Almonds, Hon Shimeji Mushrooms, Natural Jus - cooked very well and savory; GRILLED HANGER STEAK - Creamed Swiss Chard, Crunchy Potatoes, Blue Cheese Butter - the potatoes were so crunchy and seem double fried; no catsup/salt needed, meat perfect medium rare.Special Features:
- Somewhere between 3 and 4 starsFishloverVIPDined on 6/26/2014Had a good/very good dinner here. We started off with the burrata cheese and the kale salad. The cheese was very good, the salad was excellent. Main courses were the lamb chops and the scallops. The chops were slightly over done and small. The scallops were more bay scallops than sea scallops. Not bad...but they need to up the ante slightly by getting a better grade of scallop. One note about this place. Very nice, small dining area in the back. In the winter it must be very nice with the fireplace roaring. The only issue (which they can not resolve due to architecture), it gets very noisy. The tables are very close to one another...you will definitely hear all that is happening around you. I will probably return again.Special Features:
- Nice place in TriBeCaBarbaraVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had a business lunch and sat in the back room where it was quiet and private. Food was delicious. Nice atmosphere. Service could have been a bit more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014My wife, brother, sister-in-law, and I had a great time! Food is delicious. :)Special Features:
- good neighborhood findEstherDDined on 6/15/2014Great atmosphere and wonderful service - excellent wine list and a lovely cosy place to have a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome LauraTifKimicataDined on 6/10/2014We had a new person joining our team at work, and we can to Tiny's for a team lunch. The food was amazing. The upstairs was nice and quiet. We loved the way the restaurant felt. It was fun, hip and low-key all at the same time. Did I mention the food was great?Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodMikeHuangDined on 6/7/2014Brunch was very well prepared and delicious. Drinks were very good. The service was perfect. The waiter and staff were very nice and caring.Special Features:
- Nice place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Nice surrounding but the steak was sold out & we ordered the lamb, ended up with 2 shops... the red wine was cold from a tap. Very loud music and dark, hard to see the food. Besides that they did not ask us one single time is we where satisfied.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I had a wonderful evening because of the great food and service at Tiny's. I will be back!Special Features:
- Good food. Nice but bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014Made a 9:30 reservation. Sat at 10:15. Watched as the table that was to be hours sat empty and dirty. Drinks are always slow. My 4th time eating there and it's pretty much the same... Cute place, good food... Staff seems overwhelmed.
- Little place. Big on ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2014There's something about walking into Tiny's - your worries seem to melt away. You'll find wonderful and helpful staff, an atmosphere that allows you to relax and enjoy the evening with your dining companion. The menu is well thought out and the food is presented simply allowing the fresh flavors to speak for themselves.Special Features:
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014The food was great and service was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PartyChrisDined on 5/20/2014We had a group of that went from 5 and balooned to 9 on the day of the meal. Tiny's accommodated us in grand style. The food was fantastic and the service great. We had 3 generations of family/friends, including a couple vegetarians. All were quite satisfied.Special Features:
- Get the hake!beccaDined on 5/18/2014Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs is a go-to place when in NYC. It's scenically located in Tribeca in between two larger building and sticks out like the gem it is. The food is amazing (especially the hake!) and the menu is small and classy enough to not be overwhelming. The best thing with Tiny's is definitely the decor inside. The restaurant is truly tiny, but each seating area is different and the exposed brick and fireplace is very picturesque and romantic. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeCaroleVIPDined on 5/17/2014I didn't have any expectations coming in here, but was very pleasantly surprised. The prices are not cheap, but every brunch entree was delicious and filling. And as others said, don't miss the kale salad. It can become a craving, and the one we got to split four ways was not enough! Very satisfying, and a charming little building from the 1800s. We sat upstairs in the old bar area. They have outdoor seating but Broadway is not as charming as the interior... Other reviewers had problems with the servers, but everyone who helped us was pretty perfect... just the right amount of friendly and attentive. We all look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Tiny's and the Bar UpstairsLion26KingVIPDined on 5/16/2014A lovely little boite! For full write-up go to www.celluloidclub.blogspot.com.Special Features:
- Great foodEstherDDined on 5/13/2014Cosy and comfortable yet vibrant atmosphere. Great food, great service. Good for summer and winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotpab2025VIPDined on 5/8/2014The food at Tiny's is slightly expensive, but the atmosphere and place make it a good Tribeca spot - somewhere I would return to. It has a great feel in the place too - especially for winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs reviews archive.
- Mörkt och högljuttEfwvaDined on 4/29/2014Stället är för ungdomar, dock inte nykära sådana. Maten var väl ok. Vi hamnade på övervåningen och där var det väldigt mörkt, hög musik som dessutom gör att gästerna måste prata högre. Det kanske är bättre på nedervåningen.Special Features:
- wonderfulluish82Dined on 4/27/2014Good Service,Good food,Good ambiente! Recomended! We hai meatballs, pork chop And a salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a neat place!RrkcDined on 4/26/2014The atmosphere and style were so unique. The food and cocktails were amazing and definitely worth a trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodtenyearslaterDined on 4/22/2014The food was very good, noisy in the restaurang. Service was excellent. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was really great!hahaDined on 4/19/2014One my friend recommened this restaurant, and it was great! I'd love to visit here again! Tho expensive but it was worth it! The food was great, service was excellent, and ambience was beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny's has just started servingBonnieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Tiny's has just started serving breakfast and we decided to give it a try--and we were not disappointed--but if you have a big appetite you'll have a problem unless you order the entire menu. We had coffees and scrambled eggs with a piece of toast each. The young waiter did everything he could to please us. We would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!NitedinerDined on 4/4/2014Booked a table here because i was told they serve great food at a moderate price. When i returen to NY this is a spot ill revisit! Good drinks to start with and then Main courses for around 30$ each. The porkchop comes with a nice mash and redwine sauce. Takes abaut 30 min. We Also had the steak. Five stars. Small tables and chairs. Cosy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always divinePrincess7VIPDined on 4/4/2014out favorite neighborhood place. food and service always divine.Special Features:
- Won't go backMaryelizabethDined on 3/28/2014Did not like the restaurant. Too dark. Limited menu. Staff polite but rushed us.Special Features:
- Good but not great...NYClover75Dined on 3/27/2014While planning our NYC trip this restaurant kept coming up on my Pinterest searches. Had a GC from Open Table so we gave it a shot. Long story short...appetizers: meatballs; delicious but not hot. entree: duck; delicious, but too salty. Ambiance: amazing. Service; server seemed a bit overwhelmed yet under enthused. Did not get the same attention as other tables...prob due to GC?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Small Feat!JettRokkDined on 3/17/2014Dined at Tiny's on the recommendation of a friend, and it couldn't have been more enjoyable - this little gem is firing on all cylinders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed..AinoDined on 3/16/2014Im sorry to say so, but all 4 of us agreed this is one of the worst overall experiences we have ever had in a restaurant. The food is quite pricey and we had high expectations after looking at the meny. The meatball appetizer was nice but the 4 main courses tasted absolutely nothing and the plates looked really messy. What was worse was the service, all 4 left almost all food on our plates and the waiter did not even ask if everything was alright or if we wanted something more. After trying to get his attention for a while to explain our thoughts we just gave up. And there was only two more couples in the entire place.. The only good thing we have to say is that the atmosphere is cosy and the champagne tasted great!
- Great cocktails and good food.SmithVIPDined on 3/15/2014Would highly recommend. Great selection of classic and specialty cocktails and our waiter was attentive and assured our glasses were never empty. Food was very good, too. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.