Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
135 West Broadway
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tinysnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 374-1135
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
*Thursday & Friday Dinner until 1:00am*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Paul Nanez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact our events director, Maya Khalil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
A word from Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs is a three story townhouse located on W. Broadway in the heart of Tribeca. The building dates to 1810 and much of the original materials have been restored and overlayed with whimsical American finish detail. Siblings Matt, Jack and Ana Abramcyk conceived of a space where you can come to eat, drink, or just talk over a glass of wine. The sibling trio complements the warm-hearted atmosphere and furthers the artistic spirit of Tiny’s making it a true family run neighborhood place. For Tiny’s, Chef Paul Nanez has created lunch, brunch, and dinner menus that blend classic technique with local market ingredients. The menu reflects Modern American cuisine with Italian and French influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)romantic (38)fit for foodies (35)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- What a great find?WhartoniteVIPDined on 11/25/2014Such a charming restaurant with great service and delicious food! Can't wait to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tinys!!kkkkkVIPDined on 11/21/2014Tiny's is a great date night spot! It is a cozy, romantic, dark restaurant, with great food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of long-gone ChumleysChumleyDined on 11/14/2014If you like to 'discover' a place, this is one to discover. Not sure if they take reservations for the fireplace area, but it is s gem, like going into a warm library of a friend's home. Share a few things, but do not miss the meatballs. Yes, meatballs. You will love them if you like a flavorful red sauce. On the other hand the kale salad is a treat. IT is really a "Waldorf" salad of sorts, with apples and other treats to sparkle the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, cozy, delicious.aemulvDined on 11/12/2014What a great find! Literally tiny and intimate, with a cozy vibe, candlelight, and fireplace crackling. Great selection of food and very attentive, enthusiastic staff who were great at answering our questions and giving suggestions. Inventive cocktails and all of the dishes we ordered were tasty - approachable and comforting without being run of the mill. The group was raving afterward! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereYUMYUMVIPDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant is adorable and great for a 'date night.' We were seated in the back by the fireplace and it is like dining in someone's home. Food wasn't as good as the last time I ate here. I had the kale salad which was terrific and the arctic char which was just okay - a bit overcooked. The duck was a highlight and I would pass on the fig & proscuitto beignets.Special Features:
- Server/drinks excellentEfer5Dined on 11/2/2014Our experience would have been better if the hostess wasn't so rude to my friend. We were 6 minutes, she was on time and in those 6 minutes the hostess told her 3 times the table was being given away... Which is must have been, we ended up getting seated in the front room! Squished in. Such a bummer! We were so excited to make Tiny's a regular spot as we Fly60 saturdays at Tribeca FW. Must be said though, a bright spot was, the server was very good! Great recommendations, and attentive to our cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunchRshermanatorDined on 10/30/2014My friend thought her turkey chili was exceptional -- lighter and fresher than usual, really more ahearty soup than a thick stew. My greek salad with chicken was filled with goodies, all of which went just very well with one another, and the chicken in it was also fresh and tasty. The back room at lucnh is darker than the usual lunch spot. Once I could read the menu, I enjoyed the relaxing atomosphere.Special Features:
- Good food but music way too loud!Oleg66Dined on 10/25/2014Really good food but it was a nightmare to understand what my guest was sayingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, delicious food!TinysDined on 10/16/2014Great atmosphere, perfect for a date or dinner with girlfriends. Tasty food and great service!Special Features:
- Very nice but a bit too noisy.JoneskDined on 10/15/2014Very good food, value for money and pleasant service. The place is small but cosy. The music was pretty loud and therefore people tended to be loud as well. A bit warm but over all a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for drinks but not for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014The place was cool but the food was less than average. They did remove the dish off of our bill which was nice.Special Features:
- Fiesta65Dined on 10/5/2014Good food but coffee was warm and mediocre. Service was attentive.. Excellent cocktails.Special Features:
- Overall great but rushed outRussiaDined on 9/30/2014Tiny's is very cute - good ambiance. The food was great and overall the service very attentive. However, we felt like we were being rushed out to to free up the table for next customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Great restaurant with friendly staff! Quite east to find. We reserved a table in advance, smart choice as it soon became full. The restaurant is really small (tiny) but very cosy and romantic. The food is exellent. Both starters and main. I had the duck duo, perhaps one of the best meal I ever had. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant! Not for big groups but for couples or smaller parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingPrincess7VIPDined on 9/30/2014A neighborhood gem. We eat here every week. With my daughter for early dinners. Lunch and brunch with friends. Sans kids for dinner. Food is delicious. Service and staff amazing. Ambiance great. Small and intimate. Love!Special Features:
- Yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, options on menu alternative to the average, friendly service, would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cozyTooManyRestaurantsVIPDined on 9/22/2014The place lives up to its name -- tiny. Very cozy, small tables, but quite charming. (The back room would be particularly appealing in winter.) A bit on the noisy side (at least in the back room). The food was very good -- everyone in our party enjoyed their respective dishes with particularly high marks for the burrata special appetizer, the steak, and the scallops. Service was very attentive and friendly. Our waiter had a good knowledge of the wine list, in particular, even though we didn't take the most advantage of his wisdom.Special Features:
- Delicious and Charmingtlc12513Dined on 9/18/2014Tiny's is a romantic, rustic and cozy. The food was amazing and in nice portion size! The duck was outstanding, perfectly cooked; the cold salmon appetizer was amazing. The service was great too. Perfect for dinner for two. Definitely worth it and we would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing KaleFoodie23Dined on 8/23/2014That kale salad is to die for!!!! Brunch is amazing. Also the fireplace in winter is key! Loved it.Special Features:
- mel2014Dined on 8/16/2014Nourriture très bonne, le poulet grillé était excellent ainsi que le dessert. Le prix du restaurant correspond aux prix habituels à NYC pour un bon resto (env $27-$30 le plat) Un peu bruyant mais bonne ambiance Peut-être un peu trop de passage de serveurs mais je n'ai pas de point de comparaison avec d'autres resto à New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool historyNycmarkDined on 8/15/2014Title says it all. A great mix of past and presentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs reviews archive.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Small menu but excellent choices and very good. Service is attentive and helpful. We are upstairs and our only complaint was the noise. It was very noisy and loud, two tables of what looked like girls' night out. We should have asked to sit downstairs or outside because we couldn't carry on a conversation. Luckily the food and service outweighed the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ServiceKindRegardsDined on 7/27/2014My daughter, her two roommates and I ate at Tiny's on a Sunday night. The service was so friendly and appropriate. We loved the coziness and the food was great. The chilled pea soup and the meatballs were especially wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuenDined on 7/27/2014I had dinner at Tiny's with some friends from Sweden and they really loved it (so do I). You will understand the name but the food is great and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything...except...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/20141) Tiny's ran out of ingredients for all but two of the cocktails on their menu. We were told they were changing the drink menu in a few days and didn't update the old menu or offer alternate selections. 2) Our server forgot 2 of our items...came back to ask about one but entirely forgot the side item which ended up coming out after our meal was finished. The simple solution is to write it down. I am not impressed by servers who try to memorize orders. Inevitably something is forgotten making the entire meal stressful. Before the meal we are wondering if they remembered everything...and during the meal we are waiting for them to correct it. I would absolutely visit Tiny's again. Hopefully next time these 2 minor issues will be resolved.Special Features:
- Love the overall experienceCCheungVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was amazing and the service was excellent. Everyone who worked there were very attentive!Special Features:
- Decent food, nothing noteworthygtg699uVIPDined on 7/9/2014Grabbed lunch with a coworker here since I had walked by this place many nights and always saw folks hanging out here. The food was good, certainly better than average, but nothing special or notable. From the menu we were expecting it to be a bit more of a foodie restaurant. The service was fine as well, though the table was quite small and our particular seating situation was a bit odd being in a corner where two booths came together so we sat perpendicular to each other. Overall, fairly neutral experience and given the number of great places to eat in the area, wouldn't really recommend or go back.
- Classic food done casually wellWMColmes14VIPDined on 6/28/2014Cool building, so much history. Great staff was attentive & efficient. No quirky preps. Starters were CHILLED ENGLISH PEA SOUP - crème fraiche and lemon zest - fresh and light, maybe needed some salt or spice; SMOKED SALMON RILLETTE - crisps, shallots, dill - a nice drip that was smokey & salty; KALE SALAD - Walnuts, Local Apples, Maple-Mustard, Vinaigrette Carrots, shredded gouda - a large portion and light. Entrées: Duck duo - Smoked Breast & Leg of Confit, Haricots Verts, Toasted Almonds, Hon Shimeji Mushrooms, Natural Jus - cooked very well and savory; GRILLED HANGER STEAK - Creamed Swiss Chard, Crunchy Potatoes, Blue Cheese Butter - the potatoes were so crunchy and seem double fried; no catsup/salt needed, meat perfect medium rare.Special Features:
- Somewhere between 3 and 4 starsFishloverVIPDined on 6/26/2014Had a good/very good dinner here. We started off with the burrata cheese and the kale salad. The cheese was very good, the salad was excellent. Main courses were the lamb chops and the scallops. The chops were slightly over done and small. The scallops were more bay scallops than sea scallops. Not bad...but they need to up the ante slightly by getting a better grade of scallop. One note about this place. Very nice, small dining area in the back. In the winter it must be very nice with the fireplace roaring. The only issue (which they can not resolve due to architecture), it gets very noisy. The tables are very close to one another...you will definitely hear all that is happening around you. I will probably return again.Special Features:
- Nice place in TriBeCaBarbaraVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had a business lunch and sat in the back room where it was quiet and private. Food was delicious. Nice atmosphere. Service could have been a bit more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014My wife, brother, sister-in-law, and I had a great time! Food is delicious. :)Special Features:
- good neighborhood findEstherDDined on 6/15/2014Great atmosphere and wonderful service - excellent wine list and a lovely cosy place to have a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome LauraTifKimicataDined on 6/10/2014We had a new person joining our team at work, and we can to Tiny's for a team lunch. The food was amazing. The upstairs was nice and quiet. We loved the way the restaurant felt. It was fun, hip and low-key all at the same time. Did I mention the food was great?Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodMikeHuangDined on 6/7/2014Brunch was very well prepared and delicious. Drinks were very good. The service was perfect. The waiter and staff were very nice and caring.Special Features:
- Nice place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Nice surrounding but the steak was sold out & we ordered the lamb, ended up with 2 shops... the red wine was cold from a tap. Very loud music and dark, hard to see the food. Besides that they did not ask us one single time is we where satisfied.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I had a wonderful evening because of the great food and service at Tiny's. I will be back!Special Features:
- Good food. Nice but bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014Made a 9:30 reservation. Sat at 10:15. Watched as the table that was to be hours sat empty and dirty. Drinks are always slow. My 4th time eating there and it's pretty much the same... Cute place, good food... Staff seems overwhelmed.
- Little place. Big on ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2014There's something about walking into Tiny's - your worries seem to melt away. You'll find wonderful and helpful staff, an atmosphere that allows you to relax and enjoy the evening with your dining companion. The menu is well thought out and the food is presented simply allowing the fresh flavors to speak for themselves.Special Features:
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014The food was great and service was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PartyChrisDined on 5/20/2014We had a group of that went from 5 and balooned to 9 on the day of the meal. Tiny's accommodated us in grand style. The food was fantastic and the service great. We had 3 generations of family/friends, including a couple vegetarians. All were quite satisfied.Special Features: