102 E. Seventh Street
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tinksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6468337844
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday noon - 11pm
Friday & Saturday noon - midnight
Sunday noon - 9
Saturday & Sunday Brunch noon - 4
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tink's
Tink's opened for service November 2012, serving classic American fare with an unexpected twist that'll keep you coming back for more. Our menu features small plates, perfect for sharing in our convivial atmosphere. Celebrating the indulgent and social nature of food, small plates have a long history in a variety of cultures. At Tink's we continue on the tradition of superior, yet homey fare incorporating seasonal and house made ingredients.Continued
Stop in for drink, food, and friendly service, you'll surely make Tink's your newest hidden treasure!
Stop in for drink, food, and friendly service, you'll surely make Tink's your newest hidden treasure!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tink's reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (5)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- cute restaurantpandasDined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is adorably decorated. However, the service and food could use help. We got the pretzel crusted fried chicken and waffles and bread pudding for brunch. It came with mimosas and coffee/tea. the mimosa tasted metallic (like canned oj). thought pretzel fried chicken was a novel idea, but couldn't really taste the pretzel at all, so it was basically just fried chicken fingers. bread pudding was way too sticky and sweet. service wise, we had to ask multiple times to get more hot water for tea. they also told us the bread pudding would take 10-15 minutes, so we asked them to bring the chicken and waffles out first because we were going to share anyway, we said bring chicken first. They came together 20 minutes later..Special Features:
- that chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014that pretzel coated chicken and waffles was so on point. i will continue to eat hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuteNYCWineDineDined on 10/4/2014Great little spot in East Village. really tasty food and good atmosphere. The staff was fun and helpful. The beer selection was great but didn't offer much else. Also, we had a reservation and arrived and had to wait an extra half hour until our table was ready.Special Features:
- basicboppingwinefoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014the space is small and cute-- they bring you the check in old-school books like old editions of charlotte's web and goosebumps books. The food was ok (i had the dirty madame croque), but the waitstaff took a long long time to get our order and bring us our drinks ( there's only like 10 tables in the whole place) the cinabon pancakes were good but ask for extra sauce. They were a little dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting tapas-style diningJKooVIPDined on 8/26/2014A small quaint tapas-style restaurant. The food is delicious for such a tiny venue and the options are pretty varied.Special Features:
- Truffle or Nothing.joulesphiDined on 8/20/2014We tried a few of the tapas and were not disappointed! Everything was fantastic. The server recommended ordering four dishes, and she was absolutely correct - we ordered three and they were so good we got one more! This place is a great find. real foodie-oriented menu with ridiculously awesome options. Love it.Special Features:
- BethmcTDined on 8/10/2014We wanted a neighborhood feel and this was perfect -- good place for a reasonably priced brunch with a friendly staff and good food in the East Village. The brunch menu provides a reasonable number of choices -- we had sliders, croque madame and waffles -- all good and nicely prepared. Only downside, not sure the AC was on or working, fortunately it wasn't a terribly hot day.Special Features:
- Perfect little placeNickiDined on 8/3/2014We needed a place in this exact location so we took a chance and the food was tasty--my salad had a nice combination of ingredients! Everyone liked what they ordered. The place was cute/fun without going overboard on the whimsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best brunches of my lifeBonVivantVIPDined on 7/19/2014Easily one of the very best brunches in the entire city. The Cinnabon pancakes are to die for. Go now. Go often!Special Features:
- ClosedDavidDined on 7/6/2014Made an open table reservation for Tink's for Sunday evening and it was closed. Really frustrating that is allowed to happen.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Tink's reviews archive.
- Great mealmomsdayoutDined on 6/27/2014Had a great meal at Tink's. Three of us, ordered 6 dishes and shared, all were delicious and well prepared. Great beer menu also. We then shared 2 desserts, also yummy and the price was very reasonable for the quality. Place is small and got busy quickly, but at no time did we feel rushed. Would highly recommend this restaurant, hope they stay as unique and special as they are now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- nice vibeSalzburgDined on 6/20/2014We were lucky enough to get the table outside in front which is what we wanted. The food was delicious and the staff were very nice about us lingering until closing. Very reasonably priced. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Tastes and ServiceJscavuzzDined on 6/14/2014Discovered this little spot by accident and had a great meal for two. We went back this past Saturday night with another couple and enjoyed every ourselves tremendously. This is a small venue with excellent food and very friendly service. The dishes are made for sharing and the portions are generous. Outstanding selection of beers listed from lightest to darkest. Acceptable wine list with reasonable prices. Perfect for a date night out and quiet enough for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We were there for brunch and the food for brunch was FANTASTIC. The service was terrific. This is a very small place, but didn't have any problems hearing my guests or didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Chicken and wafflesBridgeVIPDined on 4/27/2014What a delicious brunch spot. Make sure to get there early or make reservations if you want to get sat. Super tiny spot. Try the chicken and waffles. So good. And so affordable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and funMarjanDined on 4/25/2014I visited Tink's for dinner on a Friday night with a group of friends; there were 5 of us. My sister had gone recently and said it was awesome. The food was delicious, everything was cooked to perfection. They also have a great selection of beers. It's a great place toggo with a group of people, although it is a tiny restaurant. The best part is that everything is small plates, so it's fun to order a bunch of things off their menu to share. The service was good, they have a very friendly and accomadating staff. The reason I give 3 stars for service is because my waiter had forgotten to put in one of my orders in and then charged us twice for something. He did apologize though and gave me a free mimosa to make up for it. I will back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodLuvr8Dined on 4/25/2014I love the idea of comfort food small plates to share, and Tink's did not disappoint. Four of us shared the pretzel-crusted chicken, mussels, beets, nachos, and beef sliders, and we were full after just those five plates (plus a beer each). It was all delicious (most especially the beets, chicken and sliders). The beer is served in mason jars and the ambiance is warm and cozy. (The only thing I'd request next time is that they turn off the TV in the back that was showing Guy Fieri's show -- that was weird/distracting and not in line with the style of the rest of the place.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014This place is fantastic. Tapas comfort food is something you need to experience. The food was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findCheshireCatDined on 4/19/2014I had brunch here with two of friends, we all enjoyed and were very satisfied with what we ordered. The staff was also very courteous to us even though we were tardy for our reservation. One of my friends thought using a middle school book as a receipt holder was cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service & atmosphereMattDined on 4/19/2014Shared the chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy, the corn dogs and sweet potato mash. All of it was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pretzel fried chickenashleyDined on 3/22/2014The pretzel fried chicken was amazing. Will say that I went in a group with a friend who is basically vegan (no meat, doesn't like cheese) and it was difficult for them to find anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Really great spot and family-owned.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Really great spot and family-owned. Cute brunch place!Special Features:
- Yummy but so smallNomnomDined on 3/9/2014I reserved a table for 6 which was only really roomy enough to seat 5 which was frustrating. However it was delicious and I would go back just for the food. Great prix fixe brunch price for a mimosa and tea and a main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightNewPlacesVIPDined on 2/26/2014This is a great place if you want to try something new or neighborhoody. The food is really great and a bit different from your normal small plates. Wine was half off when we went on a Wednesday, so that was a great bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tink's ReviewCourtneyDined on 2/15/2014The food was great, but heavy. The waiter recommended two dishes each, we felt super stuffed after. Would be fine with just one dish each I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great SpotBDWillsDined on 1/17/2014I went on a date here and we both had a really good time. The beer selection is fantastic, the service is awesome, and the food is really great too. If I had any complaint it's that the plates sizes are a little small but that in no way ruined our experience. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014food was good. service was okay. cute place. two of us ordered a beer, glass of wine, 2 pretzel chicken, one order of tacos and angus sliders, and we had more than enough food. $80.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable & delicious!KBNYC1981VIPDined on 12/31/2013Had NYE dinner here with 2 friends and we loved it! The service was great, food was yummy and the bill comes in an old school paperback book. Thanks for a great NYE dinner Tink's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!AnonymousDined on 12/21/2013We were drawn to Tink's because it looked like a very cool, cozy little place with a good menu. Here is what we ordered: Disco is Dead -- Tater tots with duck gravy and cheese curd. It was pretty good. I would recommend it, but next time I go, I will probably try something else. Ricotta have Gnocci -- This was great. The gnocci was light and it was served in a great sauce that gave a fantastic aroma of truffle oil. Pretzel Crusted Fried Chicken - It was basically chicken fingers with a pretzel crust. It was perfectly done and was the highlight of the meal Shrimp & Grits -- The shimp was fresh and flavorful, and the grits has a great marscapone flavor.Special Features:
- HIghly recommend!sillysullyDined on 12/14/2013Went here before Stomp at Orpheum. Great beer list, great food, great service and quaint atmosphere. Only odd thing was flat screen tv in corner of dining room, but my 12 yo son enjoyed that part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was delicious.foodlovaaDined on 11/12/2013The food here was delicious. I love being able to share multiple small plates and this place is great for that. We ordered 6 things for 3 people and it was the perfect amount of food. My favorites were the gnocchi (actually the best gnocchi I've ever had), the chocolate mole pulled pork sliders and the pretzel crusted fried chicken. I didn't love the goat cheese and beet salad. I really like both beets and goat cheese but this salad just didn't compare to the rest of their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute PlaceJohn77Dined on 11/10/2013Great place for Sunday brunch. Food and service was very good. Cute little place with character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you like to share food!JerseyFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2013Met up with 3 friends for dinner. We had a great time, sharing everything we ordered. The food was delicious. The restaurant is very small, but we did not feel at all rushed, which we really appreciated. We sat for a long time and ordered additional dishes after we placed our initial order. The restaurant is pretty noisy; not a good place for intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, outstanding comfort foodbakedbeans212VIPDined on 11/2/2013What a surprise that in this hood and this tiny place they are pumping out some very creative and outstanding comfort food. We ordered 8 dishes and each one I would order again. Great beer list and friendly service. Was quite loud but with the size of the place that is to be expected. I would certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Met 3 of my girlfriends here for brunch. So cute! And the food was DELICIOUS. Very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious TapasAgent99VIPDined on 10/5/2013I was disappointed that only wine and beer were available though the wines were actually quite nice and moderately priced. The food was delicious. The shrimp and grits is a MUST as is the Beet Salad. Our reservation was at 8:00 and we were able to converse but by 9 PM as the restaurant filled, the noise was deafening. I would definitely go here again but no later than a 7:00 reservation. Seems very popular with the 20 something crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food selection!nyc9VIPDined on 9/28/2013Food is served tapa style. It's nice to try out different dishes, without feeling super full. I took a date here and we both had a great time. Food is priced well, but the wine is a bit overpriced. Overall, I would give it 4/5.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a RevisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2013We tried Tink's based on a beer-fanatic friend's recommendation. Very extensive and well-curated list of craft-beers -- BUT for us wine drinkers, there were only 3 California reds as a red wine option -- kind of inexcusable, considering the varied array of other domestic vineyards producing quality wines. Food-wise, we enjoyed: the duck gravy fries -- sort of like a twist on poutine. The pork belly was perfectly executed with a crispy skin and nice char. The tuna sliders were a miss, however. Quality of the tuna steak was lacking and not properly seasoned and the accompanying tangle of crunchy vegetables (zucchini, cucumber?) lacked salt and acidity.Special Features:
- Good experience, recommendedAustinVIPDined on 8/31/2013Nice little tapas-style sharing dishes. Fast service. Weird ambiance, though; I feel like the restaurant isn't sure what kind of restaurant it wants to be (e.g., Southern-style dishes, but the check is delivered in a "Goosebumps" book, and the layout is like a sushi place). Food was yummy and service was good. Not sure I'd go back here on a date, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting MoreJessVIPDined on 7/27/2013I read so many great reviews about Tink's that I was expecting the food to "wow" me a bit more. My husband and friends enjoyed everything, but few dishes stood out in terms of flavor. The exceptions were the CornUnDrum (corn on the cob with roasted pepitas, cheese, etc.) and the Shrimp and Grits. Both of those dishes were delicious and packed a flavor punch. Still, it was fun to choose from the menu and share the plates, and it's a nice laid back environment for drinks and food with friends.